Patient/caregiver Needing Help (Benefit)

mayorherb

Hello, Clare County Compassion Club, Will be hosting a benefit for a Care Giver/Patient was arrested..Because they ONLY had paper work for there Patients.Cops said doesnt matter how old the the Papers are..Now they are looking at attornies fee,s they cannot afford . As we all know these get costly..This lady is Mary poppins of being legal..This is just a cops harrasment..We will be hosting a Benifit/Canna market to help this family..They have a Autistic child as well they care for..They do not need extra stress..This is why we are going to host this..This will be n Clare county..this is going to be a safe place for all..Will be food..we will most likely supply the meat..and every one bring a dish..there will be raffles (hopefuly) we can get some donations for Raffle..There will be a $10,00 door charge/probably $25.00 to rent a table Plus a donation for raffle....50/50,s..Location is pending ..We are looking at the weekend of 4-21-2012.( weekend of 4/20). Thanks...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Clare County Compassion Club, Will be hosting a benefit for a Care Giver/Patient was arrested..Because they ONLY had paper work for there Patients.Cops said doesnt matter how old the the Papers are..Now they are looking at attornies fee,s they cannot afford . As we all know these get costly..This lady is Mary poppins of being legal..This is just a cops harrasment..We will be hosting a Benifit/Canna market to help this family..They have a Autistic child as well they care for..They do not need extra stress..This is why we are going to host this..This will be n Clare county..this is going to be a safe place for all..Will be food..we will most likely supply the meat..and every one bring a dish..there will be raffles (hopefuly) we can get some donations for Raffle..There will be a $10,00 door charge/probably $25.00 to rent a table Plus a donation for raffle....50/50,s..Location is pending ..We are looking at the weekend of 4-21-2012.( weekend of 4/20). Thanks...

tell em not to hire and attny yet, ask for a jury trial and stall, they can always get an attny down the road and stall it more, if the paper work you speak of is the new letter with our reg # on it, they have to take that, well shoot i know the laws says app is good, but now they are sending you an acceptance letter says your a pt and has your # on it and thats what you have to show once you get that, the orig paper work becomes well useless i guess, but the new letter system is supposed to stop that, notice i said stop!

Good luck,,,jury trial it will get dropped as long as circumstances arent realy bad, all mine have, trust me! dont cop pleas and ask for jury trial, there is always time to get an attny and than the time on court moves way back and gives pt or cg time to get either letter or card!

Peace

Jim (been there done it 3 times) i am 3 for 3 in court to!:thumbsu:

cops dont write the making whoopee law,Im sick of cowboy tactics.

they are there to uphold the law as written!not interpret it.If the cops have a problem with just paper work they should take up the issue with LARA.

Yes, I agree.

I broke my own rule of posting without rereading first, I had it wrong.

R

tell em not to hire and attny yet, ask for a jury trial and stall, they can always get an attny down the road and stall it more, if the paper work you speak of is the new letter with our reg # on it, they have to take that, well shoot i know the laws says app is good, but now they are sending you an acceptance letter says your a pt and has your # on it and thats what you have to show once you get that, the orig paper work becomes well useless i guess, but the new letter system is supposed to stop that, notice i said stop!

Good luck,,,jury trial it will get dropped as long as circumstances arent realy bad, all mine have, trust me! dont cop pleas and ask for jury trial, there is always time to get an attny and than the time on court moves way back and gives pt or cg time to get either letter or card!

Peace

Jim (been there done it 3 times) i am 3 for 3 in court to!:thumbsu:

i think he may be right if only we could here what did happen

like why did they get raided in the first place

i hope they will win we need more people to stand up and fight even if you get a lawyer from the court and get some one to help them do want you want just because you have a court appointed lawyer they still work for you make the state pay

but you have to no that if you do get a court appointed lawyer and you do not like him you just can't firer him so you may be stuck with him

i think he may be right if only we could here what did happen

like why did they get raided in the first place

i hope they will win we need more people to stand up and fight even if you get a lawyer from the court and get some one to help them do want you want just because you have a court appointed lawyer they still work for you make the state pay

but you have to no that if you do get a court appointed lawyer and you do not like him you just can't firer him so you may be stuck with him

I'd take my chances with a jury ANYTIME!! hoping someone knows about jury nullification. It is our job to educate those around us,tell someone you know about it,and spread the word. I put info in our local newspaper about jury nullification. I told someone yesterday about it they had never even heard of it. We MUST spread the word.

There's no tellin whats next w/ all the changes from the 17th how bad it will get?. :lolu: These leo's dont EVEN know the law! Now they keep changing these laws that have NOT been properly read and followed! It's a true shame that Nixon didnt get all his LIES thrown out W/ him!!!!!! :butt2: This mess would only be a bad dream. Schedule 1 would have proper drugs,NOT SIMPLE medical marijuana. Thank God they are protecting us from this caged animal Marijuana, Or we could get

hurt or something! :hair: If we all refuse to let it happen JUST as the values of this great country we created , upon the very same reasons we broke away from England!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought we ran this show.revolt, take it back same as we did w/ BOOZE And that stuff is legal????????????????! Flintstoner4279 Loves ya Keep our heads up!!

I'd take my chances with a jury ANYTIME!! hoping someone knows about jury nullification. It is our job to educate those around us,tell someone you know about it,and spread the word. I put info in our local newspaper about jury nullification. I told someone yesterday about it they had never even heard of it. We MUST spread the word.

Wiki:

Jury nullification is a constitutional doctrine which allows juries to acquit criminal defendants who are technically guilty, but who do not deserve punishment. It occurs in a trial when a jury reaches a verdict contrary to the judge's instructions as to the law.

A jury verdict contrary to the letter of the law pertains only to the particular case before it. If a pattern of acquittals develops, however, in response to repeated attempts to prosecute a statutory offence, this can have the de facto effect of invalidating the statute. A pattern of jury nullification may indicate public opposition to an unwanted legislative enactment.

In the past, it was feared that a single judge or panel of government officials may be unduly influenced to follow established legal practice, even when that practice had drifted from its origins. In most modern Western legal systems, however, juries are often instructed to serve only as "finders of facts", whose role it is to determine the veracity of the evidence presented, and the weight accorded to the evidence,[1] to apply that evidence to the law and reach a verdict, but not to decide what the law is. Similarly, juries are routinely cautioned by courts and some attorneys to not allow sympathy for a party or other affected persons to compromise the fair and dispassionate evaluation of evidence during the guilt phase of a trial. These instructions are criticized by advocates of jury nullification. Some commonly cited historical examples of jury nullification involve the refusal of American colonial juries to convict a defendant under English law.[2]

Juries have also refused to convict due to the perceived injustice of a law in general,[3] or the perceived injustice of the way the law is applied in particular cases.[4] There have also been cases where the juries have refused to convict due to their own prejudices such as the race of one of the parties in the case.[5]

Other cases have revealed that some juries simply refuse to render a guilty verdict in the absence of overwhelming direct or scientific evidence to support such a judgment. With this type of jury impaneled for the trial of a case, even substantial and competently presented circumstantial evidence may be discounted or rendered inconsequential during the jury's deliberation.[citation needed]