Switching To Soil For The Summer

JB420

I am currently in the process of moving and getting ready to setup new rooms. From the start I have been in bubblebuckets, and other than an issue with root rot at the end of my first harvest have no complaints. However with it being march, and my airconditioned room already hitting 80's, I am a little nervous for the summer to come. And unless someone comes and drops off a mini split and a chiller(a man can hope lol), I really don't think I can run hydro. Somy question for you guys in soil is what is the highest you can let your room temps get, and still have healthy plants. Not really stuck on going to soil either also considering soilless mixes, and any input on what would be best there for high temps would be appreciated as well. Any advice on mixes nutes etc, looking to keep it as simple as possible, and still produce. Thanks in advance jb420

93-95 with touches into 98 a couple times. Slightly more soil than peat (60/40ish) allows longer time between watering to keep humidity down. Try for a less dense strain and multiple smaller tops instead of large colas.

edit to add that it did hermie

jb420 i'd been growing in Hempy buckets with good success,i then went to dirt and failed miserably...lol..never again.it takes more skill than i have now..the bad thing was that i had all 12 in dirt and i should have staged it...of the 12 i'm keeping 6.the others will go to friends or be put down..you may want to consider hempy buckets,fox farm nutes,hydro schedule ph@ 5.8/6.1....its what i'm going back to...high temps have never been a root problem but the plants liked the low 80's ...i had a fan go out once and the room hit 105,nothing died..hempy buckets are for me, the easiest,cheapest,most practical,way i've found to grow high quality meds..good luck with the grow...bp

jb420 i'd been growing in Hempy buckets with good success,i then went to dirt and failed miserably...lol..never again.it takes more skill than i have now..the bad thing was that i had all 12 in dirt and i should have staged it...of the 12 i'm keeping 6.the others will go to friends or be put down..you may want to consider hempy buckets,fox farm nutes,hydro schedule ph@ 5.8/6.1....its what i'm going back to...high temps have never been a root problem but the plants liked the low 80's ...i had a fan go out once and the room hit 105,nothing died..hempy buckets are for me, the easiest,cheapest,most practical,way i've found to grow high quality meds..good luck with the grow...bp

I have actually really been thinking about the hempy buckets. I love the hydro, and once I have the money for a/c its going in, and I will be right back to dwc. The only thing about the hempy's for me is I don't really know anyone that grows that way to get experience from. i will haveto start reading up more. glad to now you didn't have root issues at those temps.

I also use Hempy buckets. I ventured into bubble bucket world and nute locked every one of them..lol. I am back using Hempy and will run just 1 bubble bucket this go 'round till I nail it down.

I never had any issues with temps that a simple fan wouldn't handle. Hempy is as close to foolproof as it gets.

Archived