Update From The Capitol

Some of you may have read a previous post of mine, I am the individual who works at the capitol. I believe in medical marihuana, I also believe in the support this community can provide. I have a relative who has cancer and is currently in the program. I am always quite wary of speaking out as I cannot afford to be identified. But, I do feel an obligation to set certain things straight as my situation puts me in a somewhat unique position.

However, first I wanted to say thank you to the patients who came forward to share their lives with us recently. You were all very brave and your testimony touched me and others deeply. I do feel I should make you aware that each time you come here whether it be for a protest, hearings, testimony or a meeting there are individuals, groups and organizations who claim credit for your presence. They do so to get leverage with the legislators by saying they are representing you and have your support to negotiate on your behalf. Of course, it becomes obvious someone is lying when two opposing groups make claim to the same event. When that happens it tends to nullify everything you've worked so hard to accomplish. It gives the legislators opposed to this law ammunition against those who support you.

One group I personally feel is particularly upsetting is called CPU or Cannabis Patients United. What bothers me most is they seem completely unconcerned with patients. I overheard someone say they believed the group consisted solely of growers, but regarding that I do not know for certain. They apparently want more patients and plants per grower. They also want the law tightened down so a patient can only get their medication from one and only one grower. This is not only upsetting to me, but confusing as well. My relatives' caregiver had a shortage a few months ago and was referred to another caregiver to fill the gap. I do not understand why any group would wish to limit the patients access to medication which gives me cause to question their motives. But, whatever their logic or reason, they were willing to support the House Bills as a trade. Hopefully it gives everyone here an example of the con games which are being played behind closed doors. There are others doing much the same but I'm sure you get the picture. The vast majority want something and are more than willing to chop up and trade away this law to get what they want.

Over the past months Blueberry, the Marine who leads this group has gained a lot of respect among many here at the capitol, including me. But, I've seen and heard (and over-heard) enough to know some who he believes to be his friends are betraying him. Sadly, this is a big money issue. Those who would trade away this law will not hesitate to do as much to him. Those who oppose this law are getting desperate. Be careful. They do not care about guilt and innocence or right and wrong. They only care about winning and you stand in their way. These are the type of people who will do anything to remove any threats to their plans or anyone who might stand in their way. They only care about the money issues, the people are standing in their way and it doesn't please them.

As always, my prayers are with the success of this movement.

I sure wish you would contact one of the Mods here on this site. I can personally guarantee you will remain completely annonymous. You know how any changes to this law as it has been written, will affect your relative. It is imparitive that you join this fight. I promise that you can be heard without ever being seen. Just send me a message. I will be waiting. Medcnman.

Some of you may have read a previous post of mine, I am the individual who works at the capitol. I believe in medical marihuana, I also believe in the support this community can provide. I have a relative who has cancer and is currently in the program. I am always quite wary of speaking out as I cannot afford to be identified. But, I do feel an obligation to set certain things straight as my situation puts me in a somewhat unique position.

However, first I wanted to say thank you to the patients who came forward to share their lives with us recently. You were all very brave and your testimony touched me and others deeply. I do feel I should make you aware that each time you come here whether it be for a protest, hearings, testimony or a meeting there are individuals, groups and organizations who claim credit for your presence. They do so to get leverage with the legislators by saying they are representing you and have your support to negotiate on your behalf. Of course, it becomes obvious someone is lying when two opposing groups make claim to the same event. When that happens it tends to nullify everything you've worked so hard to accomplish. It gives the legislators opposed to this law ammunition against those who support you.

One group I personally feel is particularly upsetting is called CPU or Cannabis Patients United. What bothers me most is they seem completely unconcerned with patients. I overheard someone say they believed the group consisted solely of growers, but regarding that I do not know for certain. They apparently want more patients and plants per grower. They also want the law tightened down so a patient can only get their medication from one and only one grower. This is not only upsetting to me, but confusing as well. My relatives' caregiver had a shortage a few months ago and was referred to another caregiver to fill the gap. I do not understand why any group would wish to limit the patients access to medication which gives me cause to question their motives. But, whatever their logic or reason, they were willing to support the House Bills as a trade. Hopefully it gives everyone here an example of the con games which are being played behind closed doors. There are others doing much the same but I'm sure you get the picture. The vast majority want something and are more than willing to chop up and trade away this law to get what they want.

Over the past months Blueberry, the Marine who leads this group has gained a lot of respect among many here at the capitol, including me. But, I've seen and heard (and over-heard) enough to know some who he believes to be his friends are betraying him. Sadly, this is a big money issue. Those who would trade away this law will not hesitate to do as much to him. Those who oppose this law are getting desperate. Be careful. They do not care about guilt and innocence or right and wrong. They only care about winning and you stand in their way. These are the type of people who will do anything to remove any threats to their plans or anyone who might stand in their way. They only care about the money issues, the people are standing in their way and it doesn't please them.

Blueberry knows who I am and my identity has been protected. I'm also in government and can't risk exposure. You need to know that we can't defend ourselves unless we know exactly who the enemy is. Your identity is safe with Blueberry or better yet pm one of the moderators with the information that will help us with our cause. We don't have to know who you are, just privately send verifiable information. It appears that you understand how much this affecting patients and caregivers.

My deepest gratitude to you. I would gladly have you in a fox hole during any battle.

Welcome to MMMA. As a patient provider I am glad there is someone in Lansing that has heard the painful cries of the sick and dying.

No american should live in a state of fear, but we do! Your bravery is to be commended and may God bless you and your efforts on our behalf.

Most sincerely

Fat Freddy

I can hardly wait for the day that you may safely come out so that I might shake the hand of a true warrior and a hero, thank you for what you do.

I don't have a mean bone in my body . I forgive my enemies and I find good in all men and women . However I can't comprehend the dispute between the MMMA and CPU . It seems a shame to have this detract from progress and create so much stress in our community . I would love to see both sides discuss their differences in public June 1st . Maybe if our community was watching the differences could be discussed , resolved and put aside to strengthen our resolve . They really don't seem to have many members in this State and clear positions are hard to ascertain .

As a patient I find the Farmers Market a wonderful and necessary tool and am confused how anyone truly pro caregiver / patient would not support having a cash market with the improved access for medical cannabis in our State it represents . I have seen some CPU members do things like drive patients to clinics , help them with paperwork even provide free medication just like MMMA members do so I hate to see this feud hurt both groups and negatively effect perception on the Hill that we cannot even tolerate each other in a reasonable manner . The stress it causes daily in our community is very negative and harmful to patients . I am sure it is non productive for those in key positions making policy . Isn't there a way to resolve this once and for all ? Or is this a normal part of the political process patients have to suffer through ? I know being sick can create difficulty for patients to get along and accept differences .

Have a great evening and a better tomorrow .

It is true and sad that we have to work this hard and go through this much just to live. But yea it is even harder when we have to fight those that should be our own people. Some people just do not know when to stand together and when not to abandon the numbers and strength. Those people I do not need. I have been on my own personal mission to try to get others to understand this but...... Well lets just say that it sucks to just beat your head against the wall.

My new favorite saying is, "I will break their fist with my face". I am not interested in fighting anything but changes to the law. unfortunately some in our ranks think that they are special. they think that when this law passed they became political geniuses. They are being played like fiddles and we are paying for their folly. We would not be here today if people on our side had stayed at home and out of Lansing. This all seems simple to me. The law does not belong to any group of people. It belongs to all the people. If it don't belong to you leave it alone. You are stealing. Thanks, Bb

exactly.

I don't have a mean bone in my body . I forgive my enemies and I find good in all men and women . However I can't comprehend the dispute between the MMMA and CPU . It seems a shame to have this detract from progress and create so much stress in our community . I would love to see both sides discuss their differences in public June 1st . Maybe if our community was watching the differences could be discussed , resolved and put aside to strengthen our resolve . They really don't seem to have many members in this State and clear positions are hard to ascertain .

As a patient I find the Farmers Market a wonderful and necessary tool and am confused how anyone truly pro caregiver / patient would not support having a cash market with the improved access for medical cannabis in our State it represents . I have seen some CPU members do things like drive patients to clinics , help them with paperwork even provide free medication just like MMMA members do so I hate to see this feud hurt both groups and negatively effect perception on the Hill that we cannot even tolerate each other in a reasonable manner . The stress it causes daily in our community is very negative and harmful to patients . I am sure it is non productive for those in key positions making policy . Isn't there a way to resolve this once and for all ? Or is this a normal part of the political process patients have to suffer through ? I know being sick can create difficulty for patients to get along and accept differences .

Have a great evening and a better tomorrow .

CPU, aren't they the one's who went to Lansing and sold us out? Why would we want to talk to them, they are our enemies, not our friends. They sold us out for a few more plants and a few more patients. I don't think we should talk to them, rather, we should be exposing them for who they are - greedy bassturds! They sold us out for a dollar. There was a time for dialogue, however, that time has passed. I don't know what CPU could possibly do to change my opinion.

SORRY for the insolence,but have you ever seen that cartoon where the lion keepsgetting bashed on the head and is like"der,which way did he go,der which way did he go al"?well thats about how I feel about it all....soso confusing,you guys are true warriors..............Thank You

CPU, aren't they the one's who went to Lansing and sold us out? Why would we want to talk to them, they are our enemies, not our friends. They sold us out for a few more plants and a few more patients. I don't think we should talk to them, rather, we should be exposing them for who they are - greedy bassturds! They sold us out for a dollar. There was a time for dialogue, however, that time has passed. I don't know what CPU could possibly do to change my opinion.

Herb you are correct. We should expose the greedy bassturds!

I found the hearings really exposed their greed. I attended all three of the hearings and infact testified against access to the registry by LEO at the 3/8 hearing.

At the 3/1 hearing, CPU testified for fifty minutes 03:00 to the 26 minute mark and later under the CDAM (Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan) banner for 52:30 until 1:17:00 timeframe. In the first segment you have Tim Knowlton (the attorney that won the appeal for the Detroit Legalization ballot issue) and Dave Brogren a MS patient. In the second segment you have Neil Rockind who represented Barb Agro and Tom Loeb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSt0zS9gt3s&feature=player_embedded

Well yea I have come to learn that some people you just cannot talk to.

Oz, I agree, there are always some people that for whatever reason are difficult to talk to.

What did you think of the video?

Yea great video. I seen it when it happened.

Some people have already shown their willingness to let parts of our law go.

Wonder what is next they will agree with the cops that just took the 2 patients meds and told them it was supposed to be in a jar and labeled for medical use? The cops said it. It must be true right?

I personally can not speak for CPU. The point of my post was to get people to put a face on CPU and let people decide for themselves. From my point of view I would rather see everyone working together and not let the opposition divide us.

I'm reviewing the video too. It sounds like there were and are lot's of discussions about the bills occurring out of public view. They say no, but then with tweaks say yes. I thought that was what I heard at the hearings. That is what I still hear. Do you know if CPU is still meeting with the legislature?

So Far;

HB4834 support

photo

The photo issue is a non-issue. The $250,000 machine that LARA bought can not do photo's. Go figure.

allow contractors

I think everyone agrees LARA is incompetent or intentionally screwing up. I think I have seen threads here suggesting the 3MA set up its own registry.

Support probable cause standard without warrant. Who defines probable cause? what difference would if it make if the standard is subjective. Every officer would be able to apply his definition which means years of court cases.

At the end, Tim K indicated that there was no reason to have anything short of a warrant.

They would support if localities did not have access

We oppose but will support if it is in the public health code.....This would have the same effect on patients/caregivers and the other nine million michaganders would be affected. So move it and we will support it.

I viewed this as a red herring. The medical board does not want a bona fided definition applied to all their work.

remove examination treatment....

What are the submitted ammedments they are talking about?

I do not have any knowledge about amendments. The use of the word "treatment" was discussed here as being the wrong choice of words since a doc can not legally treat w/ cannabis

They submitted amendment to stationary secure facility. Then they would support.

This was an issue brought up by Rep Oakes relating to carrying clones/plants in a car. The wording in the bill, while probably designed to address the portable dog kennel outdoor grow issue, inadvertently would prohibit transport of plants.

Supported felons being tossed off the program. If a Sunset provision was added that would allow felons to be throw off of the program without cause.

For three years CPU has called me a liar when I claimed that they supported changed to the law. Clearly in the video they do. So are they going to apologize? I perceived this as a different way of tackling the same problem. Their approach is to state they are opposed to any changes, but then engage the legislature, educate them and point out the problems with the proposed bills. If you get to the point of not being able to engage them, you get situations like we have over in the Senate with Jones. He just unilaterally is making up stuff and having his committee rubber stamp his rants. If someone on our side does not engage w/ the legislators then the only people they will be talking to are Jones, the Michigan State Police and the Prosecuting Attorney's Association Thanks, Bb

So far, I'm hearing the same things I heard at the hearings. Those were public hearings. Our OP is talking about something different. The OP is talking about backroom meetings. So what are you trying to tell us? I'm confused. The testimony supports the OPs assertion that CPU is cutting backroom deals. Have they been bashing me to the legislators? Are they giving me up? Sorry, no idea on this. Sorry, no idea on my end either. I personally have had the opportunity to meet both Horn and Cavanagh back in September in Detroit. There was no mention or discussion of CPU, you or the 3MA at that meeting. The OP claims that too. Thanks, Bb

Archived