Please Help, On Vacation And Found Out My Lights Were Off For A Week!

hodgefighter

Hello, first post, wish it was something positive... Unfortunately, while on vacation, my breaker went and my plants (which were in vegetative stage) were without any light for a while (at least a week). Is my crop totally ruined? The buddy that was going over to check on them flipped the breaker and the power is back on and they're getting light 24/7. Just wondering what to expect when I get home. The plants are all from clones by the way (don't know if that matters). Any feedback would be welcome.

Thanks!

Hello, first post, wish it was something positive... Unfortunately, while on vacation, my breaker went and my plants (which were in vegetative stage) were without any light for a while (at least a week). Is my crop totally ruined? The buddy that was going over to check on them flipped the breaker and the power is back on and they're getting light 24/7. Just wondering what to expect when I get home. The plants are all from clones by the way (don't know if that matters). Any feedback would be welcome.

Thanks!

You should be Ok. More than likely it only slowed their growth a little. You can reverse the effects just by getting them back on their schedule. They are merely confused at the moment. They should be fine. Medcnman.

You should be Ok. More than likely it only slowed their growth a little. You can reverse the effects just by getting them back on their schedule. They are merely confused at the moment. They should be fine. Medcnman.

Wow, that's good news. Hoping I can still salvage a decent yield, hoping it didn't stress them out too much...

My Mother had a stroke and I had to leave town once for a week , so I just watered my plants to the max and turned off the lights and left . It set me back on time just like Medcnman said but all survived . Just thought you would like to hear from someone that actually did it . I used 18/ 6 light believing right or wrong some cell processes like the dark and a temp switch between night and day . Many commercial growers do use 24/7 light trying to increase the number of crops they can grow per year . For most patients just staging your plants putting one in Flower at the rate you use them will be fine and 24/7 will just raise your electric bill . by 25% . It depends how much you use . .

The worst thing that could rarely happen is you stress hermie a few meaning they change sex and have male and female parts . Cannabis has that abillity , just watch for balls and trim off any branches with them s if they occur and don't take clones from that plant . It would really be best to harvest it or remove it from your room ASAP like any other male plant if you could . I doubt that happens though it is rare and usually related to using femanized seeds in breeding stock that were created from hermaphrodites . That is why many people say do not use femanized seeds or plants derived from them in breeding for seeds or crossing as they often are believed to be the cause of unstable genetics . Some of the experienced breeders may wish to comment further . Take care .

I had a light question of my own and ran across this: 05-21-2006, 05:52 PM #1

rollitup

Dec 1969

San Diego, California

Default How to change light cycles while growing marijuana

When indoor weed plants are in the long dark cycles for flowering, a little extra dark does not affect the plants as much. So if for some reason you have to re-arrange the light timing schedule, just leave it DARK until the next new light cycle.

During the flowering stage, indoor plants can easily handle no light for 48 hours and even longer. They do not grow as much and get pale or wimpy, but they will survive. Of it is possible, try to give them a few hours of any light during the cycle just to keep their internal rhythms in sync.

If the marijuana plants are not in flowering but are in the vegetative cycle, you do not want the PFR dissipating in the longer dark cycle. To re-adjust during the vegetative cycle, leave the LIGHTS ON until the new dark time arrives.

With marijuana plants in the vegetative stage, missing one cycle will not change their hormones much because it takes a week or so to change over completely. However if it looks like the neglect went on for a long time, get some light on them – even a small gas lamp will do.

If you have a crisis such as a power failure or light failure, remember the plants are are so sensitive that their leaves can sense light as well as the human eye. This means that in an emergency, any small amount of light, even a flashlight can give the plants the long day signal they need.

However if you have lost your power I am guessing you are not reading this article.

http://www.rollitup.org/newbie-central/717-how-change-light-cycles-while.html

Archived