Marihuana Party To Be Used Against This Community

Apparently, there is going to be an event which is being staged by some people? Groups, perhaps? In this community which is causing some buzz around the capitol. I only heard of the "event" this morning. I am not sure of the details of the event itself. But, what was said was that this is a perfect example of why this community is viewed as being about getting high and and having nothing to do with medicine.

I talked with a friend at lunch who said she had heard it referred to as a "pot party" and being great ammunition to use against this community with the public. She also said something I can not believe, but it is the reason I am risking making this post. She told me she over heard one of the Reps say that even a leader from this organization was involved with this event. I pray this is not true. If this is true, it would undermine the respect this organization has fought so hard to gain among the legislators here. If this information is indeed factual, I urge you to withdraw any participation or endorsement of any event which could be construed as support for non-medical use.

Some here use the legalization issue against the medical marihuana community in debates with other Reps. They say it is proof that medical marihuana has nothing to do with medication or the

sick. That it is just a farce to get around the law and get high. I am only the messenger here so please do not be angry with me. These are not my opinions, but it is a fact of how things can be twisted by one side against the other. The situation at the capitol is very fragile regarding medical marihuana. Those who would support this community have a hard enough fight right now under the best circumstances. I get so sick of hearing people around the capitol saying this is not real medicine. For now, I would deeply urge everyone to keep the focus on medical marihuana and abstain from anything which would convolute the issue such as "pot parties".

As always, you have my prayers for success.

Thank you and you are Correct. the Speculation is huge even within the community itself....

I know the 3MA does not support this situation. While an Expo can be a good thing, it appears the promoters of this event have too many irons in the fire, and have been blinded by the heat of the situation. I hope they come to their senses before its too late, but I doubt that will happen.

No we don't do pot parties we fight for the sick period. My view has always been we don't do oxy parties so I'll be dammed if I'll do a cannabis party. I've held my club to this standard from the start. I myself am here for the sick period and is why I'm with this group too. Sick people, sick people ,sick people,,,,,,,,,.

Ya may just see a bunch of us protesting this event so tell your friends that on the hill. You can also tell'm ya found the group that REALLY stands for what this law was voted in for period. We're not here for the money, not here for any fame, we just want the sick protected.That's what the law was voted in for and we just want the law implemented and followed. Simple as that.....

It is not fair to lump all patients together for what some do whom qualify as patients and belong to a group of non patients whom are part of the legalization movement and follow a policy of civil disobedience of Michigan's Cannabis Laws . These groups and individuals have always existed since prohibition began . It is discriminatory to punish patients who require the medical benefit of cannabis because others use cannabis recreationally . Just as it is discriminatory to deny persons access to medical cannabis because they once used it recreationally .

This event does a diservice to the medical marijuana community because it employees a "pot party" format.

The cartoon of "Stoney" the magic vapor bus really puts it into public nuisance, enticement territory. Bad form, Mr. French.

Medical Marijuana is medicine, and should be marketed and promoted in the same manner as other medicines.

See this professional pharmacuetical event for a reference:

Pharma Expo

No magic buses over there, no pictures of piles of pills.

Mr. French would do well to modify his marketing and promotion to a medically professional format.

"Medical Marijuana" has all the marketing impact you could want, no need to gild the lily.

I endorse recreational use. Human beings love Cannabis sativa whether they are sanctioned by the state or not. I can imagine some people thinking "Who do these medical marijuana people think they are telling me not to celebrate my favorite plant?" Don't risk a backlash by protesting this.

I too am for recreational use, but I am not for putting medical marijuana on the chopping block for someone to make money off of exploiting it. Were this billed as the recreational marijuana expo, no issue. Making the medical community look like a bunch of cheech and chongs isn't good at all imvho.

I too am for recreational use, but I am not for putting medical marijuana on the chopping block for someone to make money off of exploiting it. Were this billed as the recreational marijuana expo, no issue. Making the medical community look like a bunch of cheech and chongs isn't good at all imvho.

I think the potential damage has been overestimated. We would probably have a bigger net gain if we had a presence there educating everyone about what is happening with the law. Lets not contract in fear, lets surge in strength.

No fear, I just think it's wrong for ppl to be exploiting like that, especially with all the bills coming up. This is just the kind of thing our ag was praying for for more ammo. I hope I am wrong, and its no big deal but I would look for lots of references to this expo in his next round of garbage

I endorse recreational use. Human beings love Cannabis sativa whether they are sanctioned by the state or not. I can imagine some people thinking "Who do these medical marijuana people think they are telling me not to celebrate my favorite plant?" Don't risk a backlash by protesting this.

Don't risk a backlash? really? This law was voted in for sick people. Sick people, sick people,sick people............. Don't push rec use by breaking the backs of the sick the law was intended to help. No this will only hurt our cause and our cause is the sick period. celebrate all ya want just don't do it on the backs of the sick.

The backlash I'm worried about as a Patient is being seen as nothing more then some couch bound stoner and have this law killed as that's all they see on the hill and a event like this one just proves their point. That's the backlash you should be worried about too. The Act was voted in for the sick period not for rec use and has been hijacked by groups trying to make profits that careless about the sick. " Who do these Medical Marihuana people think they are"? Well we're the ones the law was voted in for, so who do the rec users THINK THEY ARE? Riding a law for the sick so they can hold pot parties..... No I'm sorry,, we're the ones the law was intended to help. Rec users should be working for their own law and with a little work that may just be up for vote this year too.

Politics and profit mixed today with health promises and some hip technology at the second annual Medical Marijuana Expo that ends Sunday in Detroit.

Across three floors of the Roostertail, 135 vendors from Michigan’s fledgling medical-marijuana industry showed their wares and touted their services to a crowd that at times was jammed shoulder to shoulder.

“This has gone from an industry in the closet to some very technologically advanced</span> stuff,” said Jason Ray, 40, a horticulture consultant from Columbus, Ohio.

“People are actually making money. There’s a guy here selling 180 air-conditioning units a day” to people whose grow lights generate excessive heat, Ray said.

Although opponents of medical marijuana spoke out last month at a hearing in Lansing in favor of bills that would limit access to pot, a steady crowd of the drug’s supporters paid $15 each at Saturday’s event to stroll amid fellow travelers, sharing</span> </span>information</span> and camaraderie. Many signed petitions to legalize the drug in Michigan.

“We’ve got two tables, and we’re getting lots of signatures,” said Brandy Zink, volunteer coordinator for the Committee for a Safer Michigan. The group hopes to put a proposal on state ballots in November that would allow limited possession of marijuana.

Many event-goers told Zink they couldn’t sign because “they’re from Ohio, Kentucky, Chicago,” said Zink, 35, of Detroit.

Volunteers expected to gather at least 3,000 signatures at the three-day show toward their effort, which requires 320,000 signatures to get on the ballot, said volunteer Eric Gunnels, 32, of Clio.

Security cameras disguised as rocks were going for $74 apiece. A just-add-water mix of potting soil and fertilizer was $40 for 2 liters and called Michigan Made Mix. A 15-by-25-foot structure covered with clear plastic film for growing the plants — called a cold-frame — was on display for $900, with greenhouses going for up to $10,000.

“There’s a lot here — not just a bunch of people selling pipes, you know?” said Bart Loeb, 53, of Ann Arbor.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120324/NEWS01/120324017/Medical-Marijuana-Expo-Detroit

</span>

Don't risk a backlash? really? This law was voted in for sick people. Sick people, sick people,sick people............. Don't push rec use by breaking the backs of the sick the law was intended to help. No this will only hurt our cause and our cause is the sick period. celebrate all ya want just don't do it on the backs of the sick.

The backlash I'm worried about as a Patient is being seen as nothing more then some couch bound stoner and have this law killed as that's all they see on the hill and a event like this one just proves their point. That's the backlash you should be worried about too. The Act was voted in for the sick period not for rec use and has been hijacked by groups trying to make profits that careless about the sick. " Who do these Medical Marihuana people think they are"? Well we're the ones the law was voted in for, so who do the rec users THINK THEY ARE? Riding a law for the sick so they can hold pot parties..... No I'm sorry,, we're the ones the law was intended to help. Rec users should be working for their own law and with a little work that may just be up for vote this year too.

What do you think will happen as a result of the big bad pot party? My guess is nothing. It's a logical fallacy to conclude that the law is a sham because patients get to ride the 'vapor bus' so screw the legislature. What exactly are they going to get accomplished by whining about patients meeting away from the expo to medicate?

The legislature and Law Enforcement are already using it against us. I think we should focus on winning. Is that why you are out here blasting vets? Tell me it ain't true. Somebody screwed up your party. So all the patriots are to blame. Tell me it ain't so.

I'm not blasting vets and I have nothing to do with any expo.

Apparently, there is going to be an event which is being staged by some people? Groups, perhaps? In this community which is causing some buzz around the capitol. I only heard of the "event" this morning. I am not sure of the details of the event itself. But, what was said was that this is a perfect example of why this community is viewed as being about getting high and and having nothing to do with medicine.

I talked with a friend at lunch who said she had heard it referred to as a "pot party" and being great ammunition to use against this community with the public. She also said something I can not believe, but it is the reason I am risking making this post. She told me she over heard one of the Reps say that even a leader from this organization was involved with this event. I pray this is not true. If this is true, it would undermine the respect this organization has fought so hard to gain among the legislators here. If this information is indeed factual, I urge you to withdraw any participation or endorsement of any event which could be construed as support for non-medical use.

Some here use the legalization issue against the medical marihuana community in debates with other Reps. They say it is proof that medical marihuana has nothing to do with medication or the
sick. That it is just a farce to get around the law and get high. I am only the messenger here so please do not be angry with me. These are not my opinions, but it is a fact of how things can be twisted by one side against the other. The situation at the capitol is very fragile regarding medical marihuana. Those who would support this community have a hard enough fight right now under the best circumstances. I get so sick of hearing people around the capitol saying this is not real medicine. For now, I would deeply urge everyone to keep the focus on medical marihuana and abstain from anything which would convolute the issue such as "pot parties".

do you work in Lansing? and if you do can you please help me and Torey and Larry King and so many others that are in court ?

:goodjob:

agreed

BB,

I read in another post (http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/38427-medical-marijuana-expo/page__view__findpost__p__369722)that Jamie Lowell, Rick Thompson, Mike Komorn and Matt Abel were all participating in this event as speakers. I did not go so I can't be certain on this. However I was at the protest at the Capitol in September and didn't they all stand side by side with you?

I agree with the other posters on this thread that the way this event was promoted does nothing positive for the movement. Kind of reminds me of the State Rep I met w/ that complained about the dispensaries on Michigan Ave on the way out of the capitol. He spoke of being infavor of mmj, but driving by a store with a flashing neon leaf and a banner advertising happy hour specials just screamed recreational user to him.

BB,

I read in another post (http://michiganmedic...post__p__369722)that Jamie Lowell, Rick Thompson, Mike Komorn and Matt Abel were all participating in this event as speakers. I did not go so I can't be certain on this. However I was at the protest at the Capitol in September and didn't they all stand side by side with you?

I agree with the other posters on this thread that the way this event was promoted does nothing positive for the movement. Kind of reminds me of the State Rep I met w/ that complained about the dispensaries on Michigan Ave on the way out of the capitol. He spoke of being infavor of mmj, but driving by a store with a flashing neon leaf and a banner advertising happy hour specials just screamed recreational user to him.

State Rep: they are never going to admit that marihuana is medicine

BB,

I read in another post (http://michiganmedic...post__p__369722)that Jamie Lowell, Rick Thompson, Mike Komorn and Matt Abel were all participating in this event as speakers. I did not go so I can't be certain on this. However I was at the protest at the Capitol in September and didn't they all stand side by side with you?

i agree some what

i have never sean a neon light at a C.V.S

Archived