Marihuana Party To Be Used Against This Community

im way more anal about things like this because of public perception that is involved, and the promotions of such events. I agree we have a Medical Law, and I agree, where our Fight currently with Legislation is concerned, these type events will always be used for negative publicity, so on that level, i think they cause more harm than good.

But on the other hand, IF properly Promoted, Properly Ran, and handled with public relations, then it can be a 3 way win, for the event, more importantly for the patients and caregivers in the state, and finially for the state itself as it would mean well needed growth in new Legal industries, many of which are well beyond the medical or even the recreational aspects of cannabis. On this level, im all for a good event.

Well something that was missed was the amount of the tax dollars that that event generated for the city and the state.

Being a patient I did not attend the expo nor will I attend the hash bash, although if I did it would merely be for the experience of seeing the event in person instead of reading about it.

As I write this I look out of my screen door, noting that another family is moving out of my neighbor hood. It's sad to see them leave. But with all of our jobs gone to china and else where it is understandable.

When will our reps in Lansing focus on bringing jobs back to Mi? I have not heard much about that in a few years now.

At one time years ago people were in demand by employers, then the people got sold out and the jobs went to placket foreign interests all to the determent of the people across the U.S!

I have lived in mi most of my life, but if these amendments pass I will pack my bags and move to another state that values the peoples opinions, not merely the opinions of a minority in positions of power.

Sad to think it may come to that. Because I truly love this state with it's scenic country drives and the beautiful great lakes.

BB,

I read in another post (http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/38427-medical-marijuana-expo/page__view__findpost__p__369722)that Jamie Lowell, Rick Thompson, Mike Komorn and Matt Abel were all participating in this event as speakers. I did not go so I can't be certain on this. However I was at the protest at the Capitol in September and didn't they all stand side by side with you?

I agree with the other posters on this thread that the way this event was promoted does nothing positive for the movement. Kind of reminds me of the State Rep I met w/ that complained about the dispensaries on Michigan Ave on the way out of the capitol. He spoke of being infavor of mmj, but driving by a store with a flashing neon leaf and a banner advertising happy hour specials just screamed recreational user to him.

not matt abel, but T. Beck

Well something that was missed was the amount of the tax dollars that that event generated for the city and the state.

Being a patient I did not attend the expo nor will I attend the hash bash, although if I did it would merely be for the experience of seeing the event in person instead of reading about it.

As I write this I look out of my screen door, noting that another family is moving out of my neighbor hood. It's sad to see them leave. But with all of our jobs gone to china and else where it is understandable.

When will our reps in Lansing focus on bringing jobs back to Mi? I have not heard much about that in a few years now.

At one time years ago people were in demand by employers, then the people got sold out and the jobs went to placket foreign interests all to the determent of the people across the U.S!

I have lived in mi most of my life, but if these amendments pass I will pack my bags and move to another state that values the peoples opinions, not merely the opinions of a minority in positions of power.

Sad to think it may come to that. Because I truly love this state with it's scenic country drives and the beautiful great lakes.

the global elite dont want ppl like you and I living next door.

I believe all use is medical use however now is not the time to have open parties like this. Appearances are everything and we must appear medical. The argument for full legalization can be made because the state has not implemented the 2008 law in good faith and forced the medical community into an action they otherwise may not have supported.

Global elite??? Not where I live. Most are working stiffs trying to eek out a living in one of the toughest job markets I have ever seen.

Perhaps our reps would take on something more productive if people like BS, Rick Jones etc would take a moment and step back.

I am thinking along the lines of abandon housing, if there is so much concern about attracting crime then look at those houses!

I recall reading an article where Detroit police found the bodies of 2 females that had disappeared back in feb.

They were found in a shallow grave behind a house! I would bet that the house was abandon and surrounded by others in the same condition.

So where is BS'S task force for fighting urban decay?

Archived