Can Someone Help With My Paperwork?

I got my approval from the doctor today, and I have the paperwork to send to the state. They said that I have to have the caregiver fill out the one section and another paper. Do I have to have a caregiver before I can apply for my card? I don't plan on growing myself and will use a care giver but have not found one yet. Any help would be much appreciated! I don't even know where to start to find a caregiver.

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-27417_51869_52139---,00.html

Here are the forms you need to send your paper work in and how to do so. Read the instructions CAREFULLY!. When you choose a caregiver make darn sure the change form paper work is done correctly. Also before the caregiver starts your 12 plants that you know the state has recieved that paper work. A proof of the cashed check from the bank works nicely and/or send that paper work to the MMMP by ceritified mail. Its worth the effort if the cops kick in that caregivers door. Oakland county are Nazis and all your paper work better be right and you better make sure the state recieved that paper work!

If you don't choose a caretaker that is fine. just make sure you have proof the state recieved all paper work!!!!!!! Trust me.

There are plenty of knuckle head people out there that would love to be your caretaker and take advantage of you. Things like over charging, they never answer the there phone things like that.

go to the MOCC macomb compassion club and visit there monthly meetings and talk to the leaders there.

Because the cops are still harassing pot smokers and growers there, the smart and good people mainly have gone underground (under the radar) to advoid problems. So the whole MJ thing is mainly like a club. you have to prove yourself to be worthy to get in. Once you prove yourself to not be a NARC or cop, people will lower there guard down and you will be able to get things that you may need and advice you may need.

you just need to fill out the Pt application. Leave all care giver info blank

where it asks if you want to keep possession of the plants, or let a CG grow them, Mark that YOU will Retain Possession, even if your not growing. the "Other" form is ONLY needed IF you DO assign a caregiver. so just your Physicians Cert. your Pt app, a copy of your ID or DL and a 100.00. send it Certified Mail. Make copies of all paperwork and a copy of the cashed check when its available... keep the copies safe until you get the Authorization letter, or denial letter, Which should be with in 21 days from the time the Dept received your certified package.

Thanks for all of the responses! So I will skip the caregiver part and just fill it out as if I were to grow my own plants. Then when it comes time that I find a caregiver is there something that must be filled out and sent in to work with a caregiver? I have someone that was recommended through my doctors office that is supposed to be calling me back, but I don't want to make someone wait the month for me to become "legal", so I think it's probably better to find someone once the 21 days actually passes. I just don't want to fill this out wrong and get denied.

I definitely want to work with a caregiver, but I really want to get this paperwork sent off asap!

I am in St.Clair County on the border of capac/imlay city.

Please do not rush into a caregiver.. it is better to just do a change form when you find someone who you beleive will uphold their end of your deal. and who you can trust. It would be the very best if you were to be able to grow your own plants..

Yes thankfully you can meet caregivers and aquire what you need from a Farmers Market now if you live in South Eastern Michigan . They are filling a very important need and creating a cash market for growers to cover their expenses as the act intended . Truthfully growing is a very important part of the therapy if you can do it . The therapists I know say if you can't grow your own for whatever reason at least grow something like tomato's or a herb garden . It really is a good hobby for patients . There is a Farmers Market in Genesee County I believe . Maybe someone can post how to find it .

Don't forget if your on SSD or Medicaid you only have to pay $25 not $100 . But you need to send in proof as requested .

Edited by Croppled1

Thanks :-) I just don't want to grow at home for personal reasons and having a young child. The idea of it being delivered is really best for me, but it would be great to check out the farmers markets. We are actually doing a big garden this year in our new home with lots of veggies and herbs. I think i'll just send the form as my own caregiver and that should give me at least 3 weeks to get this all figured out. I really appreciate everyone's responses and I will definitely hang around here. I'm totally new to all of this so I am sure I need to do a lot of reading. I am tired of being in pain all of the time and do not want to take any narcotics. Medical Marijuana is definitely my best option so I up and decided to get my card and have done this all in a matter of 4 days before I did much research. Now I have my approval and just need to find the right medicine. Expect to see a lot of me around here!

be cautious of a caregiver signed to you from a dr's office jen, seek and find one through a compassion club or here at the site even but deff be leary of that situation. can you please pm me your drs name? Q.

Thanks Q-tipper. I have pretty much decided against that as it did make me a bit leary as well. Will PM you now.

Edited by JenInCapac

My check was cashed today, yay! I have printed out a copy of that and now I wait! 21 days from today puts me at April 18th. Finally the time is almost here!

Great!! I am really behind you which is funny they cashed mine two days ago so we should see who receives their letter of approval first. I cant wait till the time comes!