Anybody Need Help Getting Started?

Royal Smoke

Hey everybody! It's been a while since I posted, but I've been reading up on the site lately........

I'm out in Macomb Twp. for the time being. Since Royal Oak banned growing and I never did hear anything about being grandfathered in, I had to hit the road.

Anyhow, I'm looking to help out a newbie or beginning grower out this way. It's kind of my way of paying it forward.

I grow using Hydroponics, but I can help you with dirt if you want to go that route.

Message me and we'll see if I can come help you out.

Thanks guys!

Hey Gary, you still out in western Michigan?

I'd love to come by again and make some of that BHO LongHairBri sometime in the future...... I love that stuff.......

I'm just trying to figure out ways to help out other people..... haven't had any bites yet. Everybody must know how to grow here....lol

So good of you to offer. I'm too far away, so I'll just ask you a couple of questions.

I'm about ready to put my first plants in flower, so I need to finish my bloom room. Can you recommend a relatively quiet, reliable 6" inline fan? I'd like to keep it under $120. Is it best to get a two speed fan or buy a speed controller? My room is pretty small (7'x7') so I don't think it needs to run full bore.

Also, I'd like to get an ozone generator for odor. My entire basement is about 3300 cubic feet. I'd like to get one that has an output control, but it seems only the large, expensive one's have that. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help you (or anyone else here) can give me.

Perhaps someone else can help you with this question. I've got an inline fan that I use that I run through 3 hoods. It's made from plastic, so it's pretty light and doesn't make too much noise. I think I paid $175 or so.

Are you trying to cool the hoods or let the air out of the room? They've got some cheapo inline fans at Home Depot.....like $20 for a 6in..... you have to attach a plug though.....

I don't use an ozone generator either, but I'm sure somebody here on the board does.

Edited by Royal Smoke

So good of you to offer. I'm too far away, so I'll just ask you a couple of questions.

I'm about ready to put my first plants in flower, so I need to finish my bloom room. Can you recommend a relatively quiet, reliable 6" inline fan? I'd like to keep it under $120. Is it best to get a two speed fan or buy a speed controller? My room is pretty small (7'x7') so I don't think it needs to run full bore.

Also, I'd like to get an ozone generator for odor. My entire basement is about 3300 cubic feet. I'd like to get one that has an output control, but it seems only the large, expensive one's have that. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help you (or anyone else here) can give me.

I'd add 2 cents or 2 Penny's. On inline fans key word "Reliable" go with the plastic housing for $30-$40 more. They are quieter and seam to be better made. Do not get a 2 speed if you go with a speed controller. Controllers run $20-$40. They may not work with a 2 speed. There's another thread here on Ozone Gens. They are nice but research a lot! You need to set it up where it does not accumulate in the grow or house area.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps someone else can help you with this question. I've got an inline fan that I use that I run through 3 hoods. It's made from plastic, so it's pretty light and doesn't make too much noise. I think I paid $175 or so.

Are you trying to cool the hoods or let the air out of the room? They've got some cheapo inline fans at Home Depot.....like $20 for a 6in..... you have to attach a plug though.....

I don't use an ozone generator either, but I'm sure somebody here on the board does.

DONT BUY A HOME DEPOT INLINE FAN.THEYRE NOT MEANT FOR THAT....THEYRE USED FOR SUPPLEMENTING AIRFLOW.NOT EXHAUSTING Edited by ProCare@yahoo.com