Only 23,000 Patients And Caregivers – Statewide

Ms Chocolate

Looking at the LARA web page today, I see that there have been 131,483 patient registrations issued since April 2009. Let’s say that 1500 people submitted and had their application approved during the first year, and that each of those people renewed in each of the following years. That would account for 6,000 of the registrations issued. If each year saw 1500 new enrollees, that would add an additional 9,000 registrations to the count. If half of the registrations included a caregiver, the count would increase by 7,500. Allowing 25% of total for lost cards and address changes will add another 465 cards to the total. While the state is saying that there have been 131,483 patient registrations issued, there may be only 23,000 actual patients and caregivers – STATEWIDE.

I agree the actual number of active qualified patients is much lower then promoted by prohibitionists and officials not keeping pace with cards .They are low especially when you consider estimates are as high as 25% of the population could qualify now . However without the chance to work for corperations you have to not only be very ill and sick but desperate to join the program . When I heard others say its better to try this illegally first to see how much it helps before getting involved with the State program I knew people dont' feel protected or that they have equal rights/treatment shared by those on other over the counter herbal items or medications . With the true numbers one could see there is no threat of a out of control number of businesses developing around the State . There simply are not enough patients to support them and that doesn't even speak to their financial demographics of which many live under 150% of poverty . This again effects caregivers keeping them in check along with the fact there can be no caregiver without a patients approval .

Archived