Introducing Myself

I just wanted to say hello! I just got approved on Friday, and sent my paperwork off on Saturday so now I wait... In the meantime I have been doing lots of reading here and I look forward to getting to know everyone. I suffer from chronic pain, anxiety, and insomnia. I have had two surgeries in the past year, that left me with lots of pain pills that I HATE. I refuse to take any prescription medications anymore, so I am really looking forward to finally getting some medicine that will help me to function. I am a 30 year old vegan, small business owner, mommy to a five year old little girl, and happily married. Did I mention I love animals? We have 4 big rescue dogs that are like my kids. We are in the process of purchasing our first house (already live in it but couldn't obtain a mortgage so a family member helped out). So now it will actually be "ours" finally! We moved out to the country last March, and we LOVE it. We have 3 acres and a big pond. Great for the kiddo- and dogs. I am really happy that I found this forum and I look forward to making lots of new friends!

Nice to have you with us and Welcome to the 3MA.

We have a great bunch of folks here, and a plethora of information to help you stay legal, and hopefully help with any needs you have finding a qualified caregiver that can get you the correct strains for your ailments, and provide a good way for you to use/ingest them that is suitable for your needs.

Thanks! I'm trying to read a lot about different strains and what is available! To be honest, I really don't know that much about all of that. I'm not new to Marijuana, but am new to actually being able to have a choice! I guess I am getting a crash course. I need something to keep me motivated through out the day and something to help me to relax and sleep through the night in the evening.

sounds like a mild sativa morning/afternoon, and a nice heavy indica later at night would work for you...

For relaxing/pain relief, their are a good few options... finding one that has a good up, wihtout getting that tired feeling is lil trickier to locate, but not much.

Are you looking for a CG because you dont want to grow, not the right time, setup to do so ect... or you looking for more out of a CG than just someone that can grow your meds, and have a few options that works for you on hand?

sounds like a mild sativa morning/afternoon, and a nice heavy indica later at night would work for you...

For relaxing/pain relief, their are a good few options... finding one that has a good up, wihtout getting that tired feeling is lil trickier to locate, but not much.

Are you looking for a CG because you dont want to grow, not the right time, setup to do so ect... or you looking for more out of a CG than just someone that can grow your meds, and have a few options that works for you on hand?

Is there anything you can suggest that I can be on the look out for? I imagine I will have to try quite a few to see what will work for me and my situation.

Both reasons really. I just want to keep it private and discreet. With having a little one, I want to keep everything to a minimum. I don't have a good place to set everything up, don't have the equipment, and don't have the time. I definitely want options and someone that is going to be knowledgeable enough to help me out. I really want delivery and I don't want to feel obligated to get more meds then I need. Maybe in the future being my own caregiver will be an option, but I am just not quite ready for that yet.

My paperwork has arrived in Lansing today! How long does it generally take for them to cash the check? I'll be stalking my bank account until then :thumbsu:

Hi, Welcome. I am right behind you with the paperwork they got mine the 22nd I used a money order so I will probably call today and see if it is cashed, but from what I have read they seem to cash the check fast.

My paperwork has arrived in Lansing today! How long does it generally take for them to cash the check? I'll be stalking my bank account until then :thumbsu:

Welcome aboard Jen, usually just a few days to cash check, I always tend to look at that is a good sign, if they cash check I am thinking things must be in order, as I am guessing you know you are then legal 21 days after they cash check, keep all you paperwork with you and maybe a copy at home with your meds, including the cashed check stub. lots of great resources and people on this sight, you will want to try a bit of this and that and find a few strains that work for you, might want to try medables, you mentioned the small children and discretion.

Welcome aboard Jen, usually just a few days to cash check, I always tend to look at that is a good sign, if they cash check I am thinking things must be in order, as I am guessing you know you are then legal 21 days after they cash check, keep all you paperwork with you and maybe a copy at home with your meds, including the cashed check stub. lots of great resources and people on this sight, you will want to try a bit of this and that and find a few strains that work for you, might want to try medables, you mentioned the small children and discretion.

Thanks Ezrah! Oh yes, I will be counting down the days for sure. I am finding that out very quickly. I am really glad I stumbled upon this site. I definitely want to try medables, those sound right up my alley.

Welcome Jen!

Glad to see a new face so to speak.

As you have noticed we have a lot of good people here, many of which are well versed in a variety of subjects regarding the use of medical marijuana.

I encourage you to read everything you can find time to. Many of the subjects will aid you in avoiding the over zealous members of our state. Example our Ag Bill Shicklegruber ( purposely misspelled )