Medical Marihuana On Craig'S List

Medical Marihuana on Craig's List Warning Warning

Please be advised that it has come to my attention that the Macomb County narcotics task force has a little scam going on that this community needs to be aware of. I know this because I have 2 cases pending and had a third call recently all dealing with the same gang/team of officer. Their game is to find willing care givers on Craig's list, contact them, make claims (albeit good acting) provide fake cards, acquire meds on a few occasions, then after a few prerecorded funds have been exchanged, a few audio recordings of the transactions, and a team/gang of police officer witnesses, they bring the boom. Many of you are aware of the risks involved with these types of transfer regardless of your compassionate intentions. It is sickening that LEO has come to this, but they refuse to honor the law, and have now become experts at finding caregivers and patients in technical violations of the law. Now they are going as far as to create crimes by enticing them to transfer meds, in an alleged illegal transaction, (the illegal allegation part is that the transfer is to someone who is not a patient).

We can discuss at great length the strategy defending these cases, but this post is really a warning to the community: STAY AWAY FROM CRAIG'S LIST, LEO IS WAITING TO GET YOU?

Please be advised that it has come to my attention that the Macomb County narcotics task force has a little scam going on that this community needs to be aware of. I know this because I have 2 cases pending and had a third call recently all dealing with the same gang/team of officer. Their game is to find willing care givers on Craig's list, contact them, make claims (albeit good acting) provide fake cards, acquire meds on a few occasions, then after a few prerecorded funds have been exchanged, a few audio recordings of the transactions, and a team/gang of police officer witnesses, they bring the boom. Many of you are aware of the risks involved with these types of transfer regardless of your compassionate intentions. It is sickening that LEO has come to this, but they refuse to honor the law, and have now become experts at finding caregivers and patients in technical violations of the law. Now they are going as far as to create crimes by enticing them to transfer meds, in an alleged illegal transaction, (the illegal allegation part is that the transfer is to someone who is not a patient).

We can discuss at great length the strategy defending these cases, but this post is really a warning to the community: STAY AWAY FROM CRAIG'S LIST, LEO IS WAITING TO GET YOU?

Thanks for the heads up but Leo knows how to do their job all to good and they will get many because people don't come here as much as before and the court rooms will fill up fast i do know lots of people that have been using Craig's list to sell and to buy MMJ create and enticing crimes??? am no Lawyer but i think that is against the Law

what entrapment is no longer a crime here any more? i mean they no longer need a warrant they can make fake cards you can't use the Law in court

how bad does it have to be before the MMMA stands their ground? we need a Protest!! i mean they are even taking peoples kid's and shooting their dad's

again thanks for the head's up i will spread the word

WHAT???!!!???

How is that not entrapment?

I just can't believe this

There is no reason to believe it couldn't happen here. People need to be careful when they are transferring to strangers, it is risky to very risky depending on where you live.

Oh yes it is happening here i agree that it is and has been for some time i still think they got my name from here don't get me wrong am OK with it if i knew how to change my screen name it would be Bob redden if some one can help me change it

If I am reading this correctly, Macomb Cty is arresting caregivers who are selling meds to patients with cards.

Since we have no way of knowing if a card is good or not, I do not understand what the crime is. Is Macomb challenging the Farmer's Market concept that it is legally compliant for a caregiver to sell to a random patient?

What are these people being charged with?

After re-reading Michael's post and Timmah's follow up I have had some additonal thoughts on this.

I get the impression that Macomb is taking the position that we as patients and caregivers can not rely on physical cards as proof of someone's status, i.e. patient or caregiver.

It will be interesting to see if the cards were actually real cards. For example I recall reading about several busts of dispensaries where LEO had a real card they had obtained thru a certification mill.

So keep one pt slot open, and before you do ANYTHING, have them fill out hte CG assertation. Make them make YOU their CG. and Make them wait until the 21 days have passed......

i agree but that won't help anyone sorry if you can not use the Law in court what good is it

Bob "Affirmative Defense" Redden

if you deal with strangers you'd have to expect these things can happen. oh, lets not forget about ripppers too

'Oh, lets not forget rippers too" I know one person who was robbed at gun point transferring meds through CL post . Clinton Twn.PD threatened to arrest the Patient before EVEN asking if they were alright. The armed robber was caught .

The purpose of the post was merely to warn. Three cases, one County , the same group/gang, same tactics PRE arrest and post arrest, all surrounding the Craig's list ads. Those are statistis that need to be stated, and patients and caregivers should avoid Craig's list, as a method for aquiring or transferring meds. In 4 years I have not heard any statistic or incidents that come close to that occurring from the MMMA website. Anything is possible of course, but the mods on this site work very hard to try to guide patients and caregivers (on this site) to avoid those kind of entanglement. Craig's list doesn't have a group of people dedicated to the medical cannabis movement whose exclusive objective is protecting patients and caregivers who visit that site.

As the case moves forward I will report back on how things transpire. Be certain however that we will be bringing the entire arsenal for this fight.

fake cards? how in the hell is this not entrapment?

i have had a few very sketchy encounters via craigslist, and i am extremely confident they were LEO's trying to sting me.

stay the hell away from craigslist.

Archived