Mi Supreme Court

http://www.wnem.com/story/17275602/mich-court-enters-dispute-over-marijuana-shops

LANSING, Mich. (AP) -

The Michigan Supreme Court says it will decide whether people permitted to use medical marijuana can sell it to others who also have cards.

The court said Wednesday it will review a major appeals court decision from last year that declared such sales illegal, especially through dispensaries. Authorities in many counties have used that ruling to shut down the shops. But in some areas, police and prosecutors have declined to intervene.

The Supreme Court case involves a dispensary in Mount Pleasant that allowed its members to sell marijuana to each other, with the owners taking as much as a 20 percent cut. The appeals court said the 2008 medical marijuana law does not permit dispensaries. The shop was shut down as a public nuisance

So, when and where does this happen? do they do it behind closed doors or will there be oral arguements and such? This will only address patient to patient transfers for remuneration correct?

I'm hopin that when this does happen, it will clarify ANY transfers regardless of wether its P2P or C2P. I hope they do it before November. I May stay here in Michigan if they come to their senses. If not, me and momma are outta here! Medcnman.

I'm hopin that when this does happen, it will clarify ANY transfers regardless of wether its P2P or C2P. I hope they do it before November. I May stay here in Michigan if they come to their senses. If not, me and momma are outta here! Medcnman.

My hope is that they clarify that all transfers within the law are legal BEFORE the House of Representatives introduce the bill to the House Floor on the 18h of April outlining a Distribution Model. :/

My hope is that they clarify that all transfers within the law are legal BEFORE the House of Representatives introduce the bill to the House Floor on the 18h of April outlining a Distribution Model. :/

I started packing my house up last week. I'm not sure I will make it to April. By the way, If your gonna be in Lansing tomorrow, I have something for you. Medcnman

I will be in Lansing tomorrow. :)

And yes, Representative Mike Calton drew up a Distribution Model that he is presenting to the House floor on or around April 18, 2012. I have spoke to his policy director on several occasions (to the point that when I call and say hello, he replies "Hi Whitney."). The original model would keep the caregiver model as well as have a dispensary model. However, Nick told me two days ago that a few amendments were made to the model that may not make me happy, but would not elaborate on the bill since it has not been presented to the house yet.

Yeah, I am concerned about the distribution model also, is there a draft of that already?

Yeah, I am concerned about the distribution model also, is there a draft of that already?

Yes. I do not have the details yet. I only know that there include both a caregiver and dispensary model within it. I should be presented on or around April 18th.

for those interested, Look up the Mt Pleasant Compassionate Apothecary case, that went threw circuit, where it was dismissed, the appealed by the PA, at the begest of BS, where the CoA overturned the circuit decision.

I too hope the SC rules as the Lower Circuit Court did.

The dispenc model will exclude caregivers period as they don't want caregivers but would rather have folks have to pay dispenc prices. How's 600 a zip grab ya cuz that's just what you folks are looking at. If they keep caregiver-ships they will be strictly limited and will have to be inspected with out warrant. Trust me, they plan on screwing the patients over the best that they can. It's all about the money and the issues we been dealing with have all came about because of the money.

Last thing they want to see is the farmer markets open across the state where caregivers have to compete which keeps prices at bay and favors the patients more then lining someones pocket. What funds the market does make goes to buy meds to give to the poor for free. Yeah that would pretty much kill anyone going to a dispenc to buy for 600 when they can get better for 200 at a market.

Trust me you all will be a cry'n when ya see that bill cuz us as patients have been sold out and set-up to be bent right over...........

The dispenc model will exclude caregivers period as they don't want caregivers but would rather have folks have to pay dispenc prices. How's 600 a zip grab ya cuz that's just what you folks are looking at. If they keep caregiver-ships they will be strictly limited and will have to be inspected with out warrant. Trust me, they plan on screwing the patients over the best that they can. It's all about the money and the issues we been dealing with have all came about because of the money.

Last thing they want to see is the farmer markets open across the state where caregivers have to compete which keeps prices at bay and favors the patients more then lining someones pocket. What funds the market does make goes to buy meds to give to the poor for free. Yeah that would pretty much kill anyone going to a dispenc to buy for 600 when they can get better for 200 at a market.

Trust me you all will be a cry'n when ya see that bill cuz us as patients have been sold out and set-up to be bent right over...........

I am not saying that I disagree with you on the fact that I probably will not be happy about it, but the policy director talked to me for 15 minutes a few weeks back explaining the importance of having BOTH a caregiver system and a dispensary system and how that is included in the bill.

Archived