Important Question About Paperwork, Caregiver, Patient

restlesslegs

I sent in all the paperwork, checks, copies of IDs, etc to the state for a patient and for myself being the patients caregiver. The checks were cashed and the 21 days from the date would be up next week. Today the patient received a letter stating that the caregiver attestation and copy of my ID were not included. I am really anal about these type things and checked it no less then 3 times before sending it and these things were in the packet. That is beside the point but this still upsets us both. My main concern is will this hold him up and will he have to wait another certain amount of time before he is legal? The same question for me for being his caregiver.

I sent in all the paperwork, checks, copies of IDs, etc to the state for a patient and for myself being the patients caregiver. The checks were cashed and the 21 days from the date would be up next week. Today the patient received a letter stating that the caregiver attestation and copy of my ID were not included. I am really anal about these type things and checked it no less then 3 times before sending it and these things were in the packet. That is beside the point but this still upsets us both. My main concern is will this hold him up and will he have to wait another certain amount of time before he is legal? The same question for me for being his caregiver.

I would believe that there is an "approved" and "not approved" list and without them verifying they have their necessary paperwork you would still be on the "not approved" list.

If someone "lost" the paperwork needed for your file it would have not been processed.

I would believe that there is an "approved" and "not approved" list and without them verifying they have their necessary paperwork you would still be on the "not approved" list.

If someone "lost" the paperwork needed for your file it would have not been processed.

I was afraid of that but didn't know until now, that I have the paperwork in front of me they sent, that he might be OK at least. It says resubmit and they sent his patient form back voided where the date was stamped on it. So another 21 days from the time it is delivered I suppose. :thumbsd: He is such a nice guy I feel bad for him but we have to follow the law to the T to keep us all safe.

Yes that thought crossed my mind and that part is a good sign. It is a shame though they lost the paperwork and the patient has to start the 21 day count over again a week before his original waiting period was up. I'm curious why they cashed the checks immediately but did not put the paperwork through at the same time the checks cleared. The voided date stamp on his form is the same date it shows the checks cleared both of our banks. At that point if they had filed all the paperwork and processed it instead of waiting I do not believe it would have been lost. But at least it does look like the wait time is shorter and hopefully the cards will be sent out sooner.

Archived