All Bills Pass Committee

Back Underground. I am not paying this state another dime. For a useless Patient card. Yup time to call the Reps and tell them what scum they are, making it impossible for patients to obtain meds. Doctor patient relationship, what a joke. (Dr Bob is happy over that one $)Goodbye

The fight is just getting started, you bugging out so soon? Stay and fight! What protection will you have with NO card? We have something that needs to be fought for, running wont solve our problems. Our AG wants you to run and hide so he can come get you with NO defense. By running you are saying I give up! What we have is not worth fighting for? I think it is, FIGHT not FLIGHT!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those links to find your senator and rep are outdated. I know for sure some of the reps are incorrect and I think there's even been some redistricting done since these maps were current.

Here's a link where you can enter your address (or your neighbors, hint hint) to see who your rep is: http://www.house.mi.gov/mhrpublic/

And the same for the Senate: http://www.senate.michigan.gov/fysenator/fysenator.htm

Light up those phone lines, drop some letters, post on their facebook page...bombard your elected representatives!!

There were some major language changes in the bills, many were very positive for patient and caregiver rights. Raising standard for police gaining access to registry to probable cause, a short list of those who could even get info. So if they are looking to pull a warrant on your house they could see you are a registered grower, meaning they are meeting probable cause, this is one example. This is the Bill that most concerned me.

I am looking forward to reading what has passed, education and knowing is really key again these are bills that passed Committee, again none of these are laws yet. They will have to go through both houses with a super majority vote. Its very silly to say things like back underground, lets all become informed and participate in the process all the way through. I am not a sky is falling person and its not falling here, I hope to be more clear soon and then move ahead contacting my reps.

This thread should be retitled "All bills pass COMMITTEE"

Whoever said they passed the "house" is incorrect. The bills are now going out of committee to both the house and senate, where they must pass EACH with at least 75% of the vote. Question: Does the supermajority requirement make this automatically veto proof? Normally, if the governor vetos a bill, the legislature can ovveride the veto with a supermajority vote. Can the governor still veto a bill that took a supermajority to pass? I'm fuzzy on this aspect.

That said, I'm dying to read the versions of these bills going out to the floor. I still cannot pull the amended versions. The committee summary versions (amended versions) should be on the state legislature web site soon.

Im just gonna keep this short and sweet. All proposed bills have passed the house. Medcnman.

Greetings Safermich members:

I just got back from Lansing. Ricks report below is mostly correct.

The votes to report out were unanimous in some cases, with all Democrats and Republicans voting YES.

In a couple other instances 3 Democrats voted NO, and on other occasions these Democrats voted PASS. The Republicans were unanimous a yes on every vote and a couple Democrats joined the Republicans voting yes on virtually every issue.

That said, Ricks report appears to be incorrect per the trier of fact issue. I spoke with Jamie today and traffic problems resulted in him arriving late.

Specifically, the reason why earlier reports indicated Sec.8 was not included in yesterday's posts, is the issue was still in negotiation late into the night and early a.m. As I understand it (CPU members on this list please correct me if I'm wrong) there were three versions of Sec.8 in play. 1. The "conservative" version sponsored by the Prosecutors Association 2. A "middle of the road" version sponsored by the ACLU. 3. A "liberal" versions sponsored by CPU.

To the best of my knowledge, the ACLU version was adopted today,and the CPU version will be presented on the House floor when it is time for a vote.

Again, I will say no more at this time and if anyone from CPU wants to explain or clarify the situation further, you input would be most welcome.

Speaking only for myself, today was a very good day indeed.

Best Wishes,

Tim Beck

The Penobscot Building

645 Griswold Ave, Suite 2015

Detroit, Michigan 48226

313-964-0249

The fight is just getting started, you bugging out so soon? Stay and fight! What protection will you have with NO card? We have something that needs to be fought for, running wont solve our problems. Our AG wants you to run and hide so he can come get you with NO defense. By running you are saying I give up! What we have is not worth fighting for? I think it is, FIGHT not FLIGHT!

I'm trained in Guerrilla Warfare. i will win, i can grow meds in the jungle. An AK-47 is easy enough to use. boobie-traps are effective as IED's. i'd rather die free, then be a slave to Michigan Marijuana law, as they stand to be.

"Speaking only for myself, today was a very good day indeed.

Best Wishes,

Tim Beck

The Penobscot Building

645 Griswold Ave, Suite 2015

Detroit, Michigan 48226

313-964-0249"

Who is this Tim Beck? It was for sure Not a very good day. Who is he?

He is a nobody who wants to feel important.

Joe is planning on reserving the steps for a Rally and I have already started the viral spread of information regarding the potential up and coming protest. Although the proposed amendments to the bill were better (and we can thank Rep Irwin for those changes), the bills are still going to criminalize patients and caregivers. At this point a protest is a must. I am going to contact every group I know, including NORML and Safer Michigan (well, Matt & Charmie) and see if we can organize a "marijuana" rally to boost numbers. After calling around today, the same Reps and Senators that voted on these bill packages are ALREADY starting to gather information on how to knock down the LEGALIZATION bill and ammend that if it gets put on the ballot.

Michigan Congress has Reefer Madness.

After calling around today, the same Reps and Senators that voted on these bill packages are ALREADY starting to gather information on how to knock down the LEGALIZATION bill and ammend that if it gets put on the ballot.

Dang a holes. You can count me and my sis in. She doesn't use MM but is in full support of this and always has been. She is mad as hell at our gov't.

Folks we got bend over period.CPU sold us out and are not smart enough to even understand what they did. Tim Beck is a nobody wanna be period and always has been. They are just to stupid to know they just killed the law. Thanks Tim,, now you are the man.. You should be one scared mother f'er cuz ya may just tinkle someone off that comes a calling in the night.

A protest at this point is a must and we're on it. We'll or let me say it this way, I'll fry any group that apposes it or impedes the will of the people.

Folks you will loose your right to grow period. These little boys just sold your rights right down the toilet. CPU is just to stupid to know it and only speaks for the dispenc as that's what they been after all along. Thats what started this entire mess period.....

All about the money,,, all about the money...

Best get the for sale signs out for that grow equipment cuz they'll make sure if you want to grow anything at all it will only be with inspections so mark my words,,,,, IT's coming and coming faster then you think.

CPU is after a commercial grow license similar to the dispensary deal in Colorado. They used our last rally to boost their credibility by meeting with the reps, while we were outside. They implied that we were rallying to support them and their requests. They suck, period.

We can still keep things under control, we need to keep writing and make sure the reps know that we don't want commercial interests selling us our meds with no other option. We were grated this law by the people to protect us from prosecution, and to keep their taxes down by keeping us out of prison. These bills will have the potential to lock all of us up. All they have to do is go down the list of patients and caregivers and come calling. If we are growing, using or transporting meds, off to jail we will go. They will be able to take our possessions and auction them off while we rot in jail or prison. We have to keep fighting, write letters, call and meet with your reps, time is running short so do it now. When we have our upcoming rally we need to be represented by the tens of thousands, and we need to make sure CPU doesn't slide in the back door on us again. This is for the patients, it's their medicine not CPU's money crop to sell us at $25 to $30 a gram. We have the right to grow for ourselves. THAT is what the people voted for, and that is how it's going to stay, as long as we all stick together and work. I know I would not want to be in these big mouth f'ers shoes right now, having to watch my back everywhere I went. There are some raging mad people in Michigan right now that have some big time frustrations and they know who the greedy basturds are..

Folks we got bend over period.CPU sold us out and are not smart enough to even understand what they did. Tim Beck is a nobody wanna be period and always has been. They are just to stupid to know they just killed the law. Thanks Tim,, now you are the man.. You should be one scared mother f'er cuz ya may just tinkle someone off that comes a calling in the night.

A protest at this point is a must and we're on it. We'll or let me say it this way, I'll fry any group that apposes it or impedes the will of the people.

Folks you will loose your right to grow period. These little boys just sold your rights right down the toilet. CPU is just to stupid to know it and only speaks for the dispenc as that's what they been after all along. Thats what started this entire mess period.....

Best get the for sale signs out for that grow equipment cuz they'll make sure if you want to grow anything at all it will only be with inspections so mark my words,,,,, IT's coming and coming faster then you think.

i can under stand how people feel but we should not call people and tell them they should be carful and scared at night am sorry but we should not be like them

Yes most true but just stating facts. When ya mess with peoples lives some get ugly so If I was in his shoes I'd be a tad nervous. I was not saying I was gonna come a calling nor condone that kind of thing but some folks take this kind of thing to heart..

i agree it's been coming for some time we don't grow and that is why i feel sorry for the people that do grow because most of them don't even no and they will just keep growing weather its medical or not makes no difference to them until they get caught

they will say we didn't know the Law had changed

and most of us here know how thats going to work for them

There are some raging mad people in Michigan right now that have some big time frustrations and they know who the greedy basturds are..

Your are 100% right and they have every reason to be,,,,,,,,, EVERY REASON TO BE. Sad thing is they are just the,, whats the word? Chumps maybe in all this? lil men that think they got a clue. No lil boys a clue you don't have cuz ya just screwed your self. It was kind of funny to watch how the panel looked at Tim and crew cuz that look at them for just what they are. A joke..

This has spilled to us as they think all of us are jokes now and JUST AFTER THE MONEY. They completely spun the fact that this law is about SICK PEOPLE. We bring a model out (farmers market) that don't profit no one but the patient and they want no part of that. No we got sold down the tubes and yes some people will take that very, very personal.

fact of the matter is we have to blow the lil boys off and stay on point. We have to act and act now. We have to show them that this will just not fly. If we don't then I would recommend selling your grow stuff now cuz here shortly ya won't be able to give it away...

Archived