You Guys Arent Taking This Serious!

hydro master

If you are referring to full=legal, wrong place. Government refuses to except the MMMA as law that is the fight here.IMO

IDK WHY BUT NO ONE FEELS LIKE SIGNING PETITIONS?

GET YOUR LAZY BOTTOMS UP AND GET OUT THERE AND SIGN THE PETITION!

IF NOT BY MY STORE LOCATION THEN ATLEAST BY YOUR LOCAL STORE

THANKS

I worded what I meant to say wrong, original post hit me like a advertisement immediately after I read the bills were on the way to the floor. Not knowing how they read.

The 3MA position is we Do support the RepealToday.org movement.

Though we must also keep our eye on the Prize when doing so here at the 3MA, which is the MMM Act of 08. but yes, we do back the drive.

Edited by LITLJON

I have thought about this a lot over the past few weeks. A lot of people do not even understand the why, the people, the use of Medical Marijuana why on earth would we want to complicate this and ask them to legalize it for everyone over 21 who fits into the qualifications? We are having such a hard time getting the MMMA to stand and we are talking Sick people not anyone who wants to smoke. I think our chances of that passing are pretty nill. It is best to put all our efforts toward getting the act implemented as it should have been since it passed not to take on more of a burden at this time.

I feel the fight is for the law that is on the books! Total legalization will leave the sick on the curb as commercialization takes hold of our industry. Fight for what we have, do not let our lawmakers over rule our vote! Stand up and make calls to your reps and email them. I want the caregiver system to work and be implemented by LEO and our butt munch AG! This is what I am fighting for :growl: Implement the law on the books is all I want!

I worded what I meant to say wrong, original post hit me like a advertisement immediately after I read the bills were on the way to the floor. Not knowing how they read.

I understood what you were going for Jon, which is why i posted we are supporting the effort. we just have to protect the 08MMM Act as our main priority right now.

There is only until June to garner the signatures needed to put the petition on the ballot. It is an election year. You have to stand up, or expect Bull Schuitte to give you an assrapeing like no other as soon as he can.

two good points you both made.

we have the MMM Act of 08, it is the Law, and so long as we protect that, it will stay law.

then we have repeal today. this is not just for medical or recreational. those are the two bottom rungs of the repeal today effort honestly. Think of Henry Ford and the Auto. the majority of the 1st cars were made from cannbis, including the fuel. so many industrial items can be made by cannabis. plastic, fuel, food, concrete, building matrials, ect.. the list is nearly endless.

SO even if the repeal today drive seems like a back step to the MMM Act, the reality of it is it is honestly a seperate and different issue, but does cross over to the MMJ table. and the effects? more liberty and freedom for MMJ patients if the effort succeeds, and more industry for Michigan. Im all for that.

Does it present some logistical issues, like possible cross pollenation? maybe. but all those quircks could be dealth with with todays technology, ie all industrial hemp is dna sequenced to be female non hermaphroditing plants. there for the thc level is minimal, and its true industrial hemp, and it can never make pollen, so cant cross contaminate unless it was done with intent.

I believe that the reason that the reform initiative was even put on the table was to reenforce our medical law. They refuse to follow existing law, they arrest more patients now then they were arresting before the MMMA was initiated. Maybe a good showing on this petition will scare them into at least implementing existing law properly and fairly. Using the law to assist patients instead of doing further harm to them. The reason this law was brought to the people was to protect patients and to allow those who need it access to medicine that we feel does less harm than most others. I think that getting this on the ballot will give us a forum where we can communicate to the public the abuse that we are experiencing with the State's willingness to not fully implement and interpret the law that is standing. I don't think that the average Joe, those that are not a part of the 5% who are patients/caregivers, don't have an inkling of an idea of the hell that our community has been put through these past few years. When I think of those that have been harmed, right from the beginning of this journey, it breaks my heart. And most of them are still in the system, still waiting to find out what will befall their lives. Is it really the hope of the powers that be that they will simply harass us to our graves? It certainly appears that way. The deck is loaded against us, so we need to change the playing field. Patients' lives are at stake here, families are being smashed by the actions of the state, children are losing their mothers and fathers, either by the gun or by the actions of Child Services. We must use every tool presented to us, this is why I've been to nearly every public display that our community has been involved in. This is why I write letters to everyone from the President down to city councilmen. This is why I support as many of our brothers and sisters in the court room as is physically possible for me. We can be passive and allow what happens to us happen, or we can take the fight to them at every chance given to us, plain and simple...IMHO...Peace ... j.b.

I believe that the reason that the reform initiative was even put on the table was to reenforce our medical law. They refuse to follow existing law, they arrest more patients now then they were arresting before the MMMA was initiated. Maybe a good showing on this petition will scare them into at least implementing existing law properly and fairly. Using the law to assist patients instead of doing further harm to them. The reason this law was brought to the people was to protect patients and to allow those who need it access to medicine that we feel does less harm than most others. I think that getting this on the ballot will give us a forum where we can communicate to the public the abuse that we are experiencing with the State's willingness to not fully implement and interpret the law that is standing. I don't think that the average Joe, those that are not a part of the 5% who are patients/caregivers, don't have an inkling of an idea of the hell that our community has been put through these past few years. When I think of those that have been harmed, right from the beginning of this journey, it breaks my heart. And most of them are still in the system, still waiting to find out what will befall their lives. Is it really the hope of the powers that be that they will simply harass us to our graves? It certainly appears that way. The deck is loaded against us, so we need to change the playing field. Patients' lives are at stake here, families are being smashed by the actions of the state, children are losing their mothers and fathers, either by the gun or by the actions of Child Services. We must use every tool presented to us, this is why I've been to nearly every public display that our community has been involved in. This is why I write letters to everyone from the President down to city councilmen. This is why I support as many of our brothers and sisters in the court room as is physically possible for me. We can be passive and allow what happens to us happen, or we can take the fight to them at every chance given to us, plain and simple...IMHO...Peace ... j.b.

I hope they are able to find activists willing to become signature gatherers April 6th at the Clarion in Ann Arbor After the MiNorml meeting ( right next to the East Bound on ramp at mile marker 172 off Jackson Rd . They need hundreds of thousands of signatures if I understand it right and besides writing a letter to officials or showing up at a protest if able - what can one do about the bills in the legislature ?

The legalization initiative would wipe out all the old State law on the books that are used against medical patients creating confusion and suffering now . It would push forth more rapid change away from persecuting those whom use this plant perhaps even help to usher in rescheduling and research allowing for patent medicines . It would force new thinking like the Civil Rights Act of 1875 that eventually resulted in the Civil Rights Act of 1964 being passed after John F Kennedy's assassination . Change takes time for individuals and society to accept . Zero tolerance legislation is so deeply rooted in our institutions and officials attitudes the only way to guarantee medical users will be protected and laws will be brought up to date as soon as possible to reflect a safe positive medical use environment is to wipe the law books clean with the legalization initiative . Otherwise we will be putting out fires 365 days a year while patients go to jail , are injured and medical routines are disrupted for program participation .

We really need the legalization initiative to pass otherwise we will have to live in fear or arrest and denial of normal medical care . Because there is nobody to enforce compliance in practice or proper implementation of the Act . All the normal checks and balances have been removed by zero tolerance laws that have eroded individual constitutional rights . Licensing and regulation have further impeded patients being able to access proper treatments and care .

Edited by Croppled1

I was in Grand Rapids on the 28th for a dr. appointment. On the way home I decided to stop by Shake Down Street, 670 Leonard NW. I noticed that there was no petitions so I asked The Man why. He stated that he had them their but no training and they weren't being properly filled out, besides, they are just to busy. I asked him if he would allow someone to sit in his store with the petitions and he said yes that was a go. So, one of you folks in GR need to spend some time over there collecting signatures. I would be happy to do it, but I live an hour north. Please someone, if you are gathering signatures, please enlist some one to that shop. They are all like minded people and will sign your petitions. Thank you.