Occupy Lansing

I am confused.......

The MMMA, who hosts farmers markets AND "Cannamomma" (who advertises a dispensing "Compassion Club in her signature line) are organizing a protest to dispute a "Distribution Model"?

Have you read the language on this proposed model?

Aren't farmers markets and "compassion clubs" that dispense meds ways of "distributing"?

How can we protest something, if we have not read the language?

As a side note: I am not in favor nor against this - I haven't had the opportunity to review it yet to decide.

i agree what is this protest about is it medical or legalization ?

I am confused.......

The MMMA, who hosts farmers markets AND "Cannamomma" (who advertises a dispensing "Compassion Club in her signature line) are organizing a protest to dispute a "Distribution Model"?

Have you read the language on this proposed model?

Aren't farmers markets and "compassion clubs" that dispense meds ways of "distributing"?

How can we protest something, if we have not read the language?

As a side note: I am not in favor nor against this - I haven't had the opportunity to review it yet to decide.

This is my bad because I was going to call the gal today to get some clarifications. I do plan on doing this Monday and hopefully get some information on what the wording is and when they plan on releasing a write up. It is best to stay informed and to know exactly what you are fighting. I am a bit surprised this is going forward before the case is settled about dispensaries. It would be nice to believe this would be in our favor but the politicians have not showed that they are out to help us as of yet.

It would not be a secret if it was something that was going to make us happy. Two members reported that caregiver rights would be severely restricted or eliminated after speaking with Colton's office. in addition, no Coops would be allowed. Why would both non profit means of transfers be eliminated. I'm pretty sure I know why. Thanks, Bb

Joe,

Of course I have not read the proposed bill, but I spoke with my patient whom I have discussed with you before. The current intent is to make this a revenue builder for the state, which will involve restricting or eliminating the caregiver system. The reason farmers markets or Coops are not being considered is they would bring little or no revenue to the state. I believe you have suggested a coop model to the state, and at this point they have either lost or disregarded it. Even more effort will be needed by us to keep the caregiver system intact. I know at this time there have been no considerations put into this concerning farmers markets. The information I have gotten from this patient in the past has always been accurate, and since he has direct access to the perpetrators, I am sure this is also fact. Since when has the upcoming protest been labeled as only a protest against the dispensary bill? We are getting screwed in every direction in every possible way. The reason for the last protest got twisted around so many believed it was a protest about the dispensaries being closed by the COA. I think we need to be clear for the good of everyone that this protest is about the ABUSE we are being subjected to. We can't afford to let people make this into a dispensary bill protest. If that happens, the public will again be led astray and tricked into thinking our main concern is dispensaries. All the abuses we are being subjected to must be headlined, otherwise this protest will be in vain.

The dispensary owners are working overtime to disrupt this protest. If they deny our right to protest, I will lobby against the dispensary bill. I know of strong allies that will stop it in it's tracks. They have interfered in everyone of our protest. If you only knew. I will start a new thread as this one has been hijacked. This protest is all about the bills that cleared the committee last week. The FB page is being hijacked by the legalization folks. I'm telling ya folks, if they keep screwing with us, it's going to be a bad year for all of them. We're in the sick people business. Thanks, Bb

We may need to lobby against the dispensary bill anyhow, if it takes away patient access to affordable medication. If they try to eliminate the caregiver system as we now know it, many patients will not have medication. Are the dispensaries going to give free meds to handicapped and low income patients? I hope we can make appropriate press releases regarding what the protest is and is not about beforehand, so there is no mixed message. We need to get to the point where patients rights to grow, or acquire there meds from a caregiver are not being trampled on. Then we must eliminate the risk of jail or seizure to law abiding patients. At this point the dispensaries will have my full support. They were making good money before, and caregivers or patient grows did not keep them from making money. Taking away these rights should not be a part of any dispensary bill.

I have a few points to make:

-- I am not a medication 'dispensing' club. I simply provide education for patients and grow for my 1 patient.

-- I have contacted Ms. Elvy about possibly speaking at this event. She told me that she would love to be able to tell Michigan's legislature her thoughts. (If anyone doesn't know she is one of four living federal marijuana patients, who has glaucoma, and was the first woman approved).

-- I heard there was some serious back lash today because of the DB. I received the following from someone (who at this time wants to remain nameless if the DB gets changed) who has seen a recent version of the bill who has close ties with both the HOR & the MMP...

"I just spoke with Nick in Rep Calltons office. He said we are not getting involved with co-op because that would involve the Michigan co-op law. Please try to think about how these people think and how they dont even really understand what we mean when we say medical marijuana co-op or farmers market. The bill I gave to them months ago said nothing about how the center has to opperate, only that the owners and employees running the place have to have no felonies. I dont think there is anyway around that with them. It doesnt say who has to transfer, how the money works, how many people can transfer only that the meds have to come from a legal michigan cardholder. It also clarifies we can assist out of state patients and that municipalities who do not want centers can ban them if the council votes to but the existing centers will be grandfathered in under the Michigan granfather law. Honestly we havent won in court on the dispensary issue and Schuette will not stop until he has shut them all down. I think clarifying they can be there is crucial right now and of coarse if you guys dont like the bill I will respect your choice to oppose."

Right now this person is my inside source and I swore to keep her information confidential. But than again, the recent bill she has seen was not finalized and was several weeks ago. According to Calton's office, it has been revised.

Joe,

Of course I have not read the proposed bill, but I spoke with my patient whom I have discussed with you before. The current intent is to make this a revenue builder for the state, which will involve restricting or eliminating the caregiver system. The reason farmers markets or Coops are not being considered is they would bring little or no revenue to the state. I believe you have suggested a coop model to the state, and at this point they have either lost or disregarded it. Even more effort will be needed by us to keep the caregiver system intact. I know at this time there have been no considerations put into this concerning farmers markets. The information I have gotten from this patient in the past has always been accurate, and since he has direct access to the perpetrators, I am sure this is also fact. Since when has the upcoming protest been labeled as only a protest against the dispensary bill? We are getting screwed in every direction in every possible way. The reason for the last protest got twisted around so many believed it was a protest about the dispensaries being closed by the COA. I think we need to be clear for the good of everyone that this protest is about the ABUSE we are being subjected to. We can't afford to let people make this into a dispensary bill protest. If that happens, the public will again be led astray and tricked into thinking our main concern is dispensaries. All the abuses we are being subjected to must be headlined, otherwise this protest will be in vain.

I feel very comfortable going forward with this myself knowing this is not just about something we are flying blind about, or has so been claimed, and this is about more then just the dispensary bill. The bills should not have passed and I so agree with the fact that the act needs to be implemented as was written before any of it is changed. To protest against the Whole of this is what is important I feel. It will be us speaking against the fact they are doing this, trying to change things before they even attempt to enact the law as it should be. This is our first chance after the passing of the bills to have our voice heard, our sick seen, to let them know we are not defeated, and we will continue to be heard we will not go quietly and sit in a corner.

There will be a press release. I m failing to catch the angle of undermining the patients. Thanks, BB

One of us must be misunderstanding what is being said here. After the last protest there were newspaper articles saying we were there to protest the closure of the dispensaries, but this was not the case. What I am saying is we must try to be sure our message about why we are protesting is clear, as it certainly was not clear to the press last time. We need to get the word out about the abuses we are seeing. That is what I am trying to say. The media coverage in regards to why we were at the Capitol last time failed to convey the truth to the public. This certainly did not help patients as much as it could have. As far as the dispensary bill goes, it remains to be seen. I think you know what I am refering to, but if you need me to clarify anything, I will be happy to pm you.

I am sorry if my posts were not clear, apparently my message did not come across as intended. I just want to assure everyone that I am 100% in favor of this protest, and I am not confused about it's purpose. I am not opposing anyone who is organizing or promoting this in any way.

I do not think anyone has any ulterior motives and I believe the intent is 100% to help protect patients from the abuse they are seeing.

no sir your right and the protest got hijacked and our message got raped in my eyes. Matters not Mike we must Move forward and do what we can now. Maybe we should have buttons made that says the mmma has our back not cp lonely boy club lol... :lol: :lol:

Patients were ignored when they asked the legislature not to pass these Bills. These Bills greatly expanded LEO's ability to arrest and convict patients. Privacy. Hippa Rights. Arrest on technicalities. None of us will be safe. We must fight these Bills. Innocent sick people will be persecuted. There will be no protections within the Act. That is what this protest is about. Please keep on message. Many will want to jack the message. Thanks, Bb

Oh I do hope I wasn't one of those that messed up this thread but I might have been! I am with all of you on this and I will be there. Nothing should be changed within the act, those that are suppose to preserve the law have not, we need to fight any changes and protest the fact they are getting away with crimes against us. Any change needs to be protested unless that change reinforces our rights not takes them away.

My head hurts... Why for cannabis sake doesn't ppl get it? Medical mj was just the 1st step, an in road if you will.

Now all of a sudden every one is fighting for a piece of the so called pie. No wounder the state is ignoring our voices.

We have allowed the powers that be an opportunity to divide us. Debate is fine as long as something constructive comes from it.

So far I have seen the sick and dying's voice in Lansing being disregarded. In all honesty do you really think the state is going to allow a dispensary an opportunity to grow it's own supplies?

Personally I foresee the state turning to the fed or big pharm as suppliers.

Your choice..Stand together of fall divided.

I always wanted to be a journalist. it wasn't that I could write. I just thought they were the bravest people around. To stand alone, with only a pen in hand, and declare war on your government, to protect the people, is heroic. For the most part we live our lives doing the best we can. We do our best not to be a burden on society. Al we ask for in return is to be treated equally under the law. The justice thing. I have never been depressed in my life until now. Not a soul has stepped forward to defend you. One pen and one brave soul could end this battle in one feel swoop. But we are alone. I do believe that soon, someone will notice. Call me silly, but that is the way life works sometimes. You get it when you need it the most. Well Lord, now would be a perfect time. Thanks, Bb

Bb after all I have read today I solute you. If we ever get to the point that we can openly award Say a medal of honor, a badge of courage, or something that states our deeply felt gratitude for your sacrifices and dedication I would be the 1st to sign it.

Thank you for your efforts and encouragement!

Archived