Child Custody: Judge Tells Me To Quit Growing "She Doesent Like It"

onion

hi,

oakland county divorce.

I have 2 kids, 5,2.

I have been growing since before the divorce, it was my ex wife's idea.

I have joint legal/physical custody of the kids(she signed them over to me, she sees them 1 day/week)

To either mess with my life or in a desperate attempt to regain custody, she called child protective services on me in january. They showed up, with 3 police cars and a narcotics car, and demanded to see my grow and see my children(ex said I am beating my kids and forcing my daughter to aid in the manufacture and distribution of marijuana)

As they had no warrant I refused them access to my home, I presented my children to the door to show them they are well cared for.

After talking to them for 20 minutes, I finally agreed to let one officer in the house to look at my grow, along with the social worker.

They took pictures of my LOCKED grow, the quantity of plants, and the rest of my house.

They asked me to take a drug test, which I did. I passed.

after a month the case was dismissed by CPS as being unfounded.

We went to court last week(on a motion I submitted to keep my ex wifes drug abusing, domestic violence, felony assault, robbery convcited boyfriend from having contact with my kids, which I won)

Of course my ex started making a big stink about the marijuana. The judge and family couselor told me to quit growing, they don't care if it's legal, they don't like it. They say it makes me likely to have my house robbed.

The error in this, is that having jewelery, a nice car, a big tv, or any number of things would make it more likely for me to get robbed.

Are they violating my rights here? What if I don't stop growing? I need the money it brings in, seeing how my ex is 3 months behind in child support. Its completley rediculous.

thanks

That is advice i cant get behind, though it is only a bandaid to the wound. Not growing would likely mean out side off theproperty as well, they said legality is not their concern. that is atleast one blatant civil rights violation.

Id call the ACLU in the AM.

I want to tell you to be very careful with CPS. First off you should make a complaint that your ex is making alot of complaints.. Then You need to comply as well.. especially if that is what they told you to do.. Because CPS is Uber powerful.. unfortunately. And moving the grow seems like the only alternative.. Or moving yourself and your kids to a more friendly area. The good news is a case wont probably stay open forever.. If they are aware your ex is making alot of complaints they may get over her sending them over there and not open cases all the time. It will pass but until it does.. Comply.. and be careful.. Blessings to you..

The CPS caseworker told me they already have dismissed the case, and Waterford police said they would "flag" my house in case any more complaints are made that their is a medical grow here.

CPS forwarded a copy of the report to FOC stating my compliance with the laws.

It is now pretty much just the FOC family counselor and the judge and my ex(who really doesen't care, she is just using to give me a hard time) that have a problem with it.

Really, what can they do? If CPS doesen't have a problem, the police don't have a problem, what is the judge going to do?

My ex has no job(she is a nurse and has gotten fired from the last 2 jobs she had, and hasn't been able to get another job for the last 2 months) lives in a nasty trailer, her live in boyfriend is a felon, she is an alcoholic(documented, not just my opinion), and doesen't pay her child support.

Please tell me what rights have been violated?

Also, what is this about someone being killed?

Onion

there was an unfortunate situation in February, but only just came to light with in the last week. I will say there isn't a lot, and i'm making a bit of conjecture with that statement, but the fact remains, A Father was killed when CPS and Police went there with a court order to remove his son, over the Smell of Cannabis. No cannabis was found, and the Father had non in his system as reported by the autopsy.

Just be careful, that situation got out of control obviously. but things can happen fast when emotions are tense.

there was an unfortunate situation in February, but only just came to light with in the last week. I will say there isn't a lot, and i'm making a bit of conjecture with that statement, but the fact remains, A Father was killed when CPS and Police went there with a court order to remove his son, over the Smell of Cannabis. No cannabis was found, and the Father had non in his system as reported by the autopsy.

Just be careful, that situation got out of control obviously. but things can happen fast when emotions are tense.

The message being..........................Be careful.......The police state wants ya now.......dontyha be no fool...

Bundel up....................keep ya untooo yo unself.

Peace..

The account I read said that the man was hiding a knife behind his back, and then lunged with it at a police officer. Maybe the cops shouldn't have been there in the first place, but trying to stab a cop is a good way to get killed. I can't imagine what he was thinking.

The CPS caseworker told me they already have dismissed the case, and Waterford police said they would "flag" my house in case any more complaints are made that their is a medical grow here.

CPS forwarded a copy of the report to FOC stating my compliance with the laws.

Not sure but isn't this a HIPPA violation?

Archived