Say No To The Current Legalization Effort!

How on earth would legalizing restrict your access?

Support the initiative. If Lansing guts the MMMA, it's all we have left. And the threat of legalization is going to lower support for those legislative efforts in Lansing. They know it could backfire now.

All the legalization effort would do is repeal ALL marijuana laws. You would be free to do whatever you want. Don't want to buy it from the superstore? You can still grow it yourself. There's no way it'd be 400/ounce if it were legal, in California mmj is hard to sell for 200/oz these days I hear.

Here is the text of the initiative.

Article 1 Section 28. Repeal of Marihuana Prohibition.

For persons who are at least 21 years of age who are not incarcerated, marihuana acquisition, cultivation, manufacture, sale, delivery, transfer, transportation, possession, ingestion, presence in or on the body, religious, medical, industrial, agricultural, commercial or personal use, or possession or use of paraphernalia shall not be prohibited, abridged or penalized in any manner, nor subject to civil forfeiture; provided that no person shall be permitted to operate an aircraft, motor vehicle, motorboat, ORV, snowmobile, train, or other heavy or dangerous equipment or machinery while impaired by marihuana.

Nothing to suggest anything you're worried about would come to be - your fears are unfounded. :)

You are right there would be some large scale commercial production. But remember, the feds still exist and they would be shutting these operations down. Odds are the result would be a lot of grows ranging from 20-200 plants throughout the state, and much lower prices than we currently have now. With increased production it would be easier to find quality stuff, as all the commercial junk would satisfy enough recreational smokers that there would be more good stuff left for the medical users.

Ultimately this would be the best thing that could ever happen to mmj patients. We would never have to live in fear of an arrest over a technicality ever again. We wouldn't have to worry about being a gram over in our weight, that broken branch counting as a plant, forgetting to lock up the grow, or any of a multitude of things that can go wrong now. Imagine how much healthier we would all be without that stress. I know it wears on me as I have an illness that is worsened dramatically by stress.

Let's get this approved. There are bad legalization ballot initiatives out there, like the one in Washington (which also lowers the THC-COOH threshold for DUI to an absurdly low level). But this one is A+++. It could not be better.

Yeah, your wrong -- big time. Read it -- it is one paragraph and you are completely off base as legalization supports no one but the people dude.

if you do not understand it, break it down sentence by sentence. If that fails, get some help.

Your posts about "corporate interests" fails completely as where is that in the amendment? It is not. Who cares who is pushing it, if you can read and understand the only thing it would do is legalize Marijuana --

So the real question is why would you post such a thing????

but the language commercial/industrial production leaves a very bad taste in my mouth....sounds corporate to me??....am I wrong??....and if it repeals all laws towards marijuana do you think corporations aren't ready for this??.....California pot is free for the most part ...if you grow it ....and the clubz still get 3-500oz out there....hello the growers can't give it away their growing so much and it basically makes quality the main condition....not quantity....it's been a year since I've been out there but from all I can gather the growers are still continuing on as usual just they are having a harder time paying for their mortgages....I know when I left Phillip Morris had boughten thousands of acres of land in nor-cal gearing up for commercial production....I would hate to see this happen here as it would put small quality growers out of the market.....hmmmmmm

I have haggled with this personally since the initiative was announced.

I don't want corporate control of the plant, or to see it cheapened and exploited like it is in Holland. I dont want to see ChronicMart or Nug Nook on every corner any more than I want to see another Starbucks or McDonalds. But I also don't want the government to continue stripping people of their basic human rights over it.

It comes down to what is in the best interest of the citizens, and that in my opinion is decriminalization. Allow personal cultivation and possession of reasonable amounts.

Yeah, your wrong -- big time. Read it -- it is one paragraph and you are completely off base as legalization supports no one but the people dude.

if you do not understand it, break it down sentence by sentence. If that fails, get some help.

Your posts about "corporate interests" fails completely as where is that in the amendment? It is not. Who cares who is pushing it, if you can read and understand the only thing it would do is legalize Marijuana --

So the real question is why would you post such a thing????

well thats what we thought the MICH medical marihuana Law was going to do and look what the courts did/are doing to it

Estimated Prophet - what do you propose be done to prevent large grows? The only option really is prison, and it's not working even now. Besides, no one should ever face penalties for a plant as harmless as this. We have factory farm produce everywhere we go... there's no reason for cannabis to not be added to the list. You can still get heirloom tomatoes as they are of a quality the factory farms can never match with their bland hybrid tomatoes. The same would follow with cannabis.

mendonesian

I have no idea who you are but your (below) message is so wrong, incorrect, and frankly propaganda the first thing I thought was your confused. 1) If it is legal, you would not need a Lawyer period. 2) Setting up any business requires legal advice and plenty of places do it now without Lawyers, who not search the Company Corp? The plain fact is any business needs corporate status as without it people's personal assets are on the line, so I suggest you need to get educated before spouting off with this type of nonsense. 3) Patients would not need caregivers as it would be LEGAL -- do you not understand that simple concept? It would be legal , L-E-G-A-L as not restricted and you could grow it yourself or not, get it somewhere else, or not. Share what you want, or not -- LEGAL so I think that you just need to sit down with someone educated and have them explain what legal means.

As for other States, who cares, this is Michigan. As for MPP they are the ones who brought about MMA here, and NORML (which is funded by people who share the common interest of not wanting Marijuana to be illegal) is likewise a good corporation if you like Marijuana -- your entire rant is so far off base and confused as to the way the world works, sadly it seems like your buying into some other rant you saw and not making an informed decision...... LEGAL means LEGAL and that is that.

As for Corporations it seems you lack the intelligence to understand that Corporations are organizations of PEOPLE and not always a bad thing. Many, indeed most corporations are good and corporations exist for the common good. You seem to be misguided about what exactly corporations are -- they merely protect personal assets of the members. As the saying goes as with most things in life --- the devil is in the details.

The current Michigan Amendment is fine and simply repeals Marijuana Prohibition making it legal to do what you will, or will not -- it gives freedom BACK to the people and makes it so you and I can no longer be arrested or charged for having or using it (commonly known as prohibition). It seems to me you need to go back and educate yourself about some of the basics of society as making it LEGAL does not make Lawyers or Corporations have any better, or worse advantage than you or I. Google was started by two men in a Garage. So was HP. They are now massive corporations that produce things and give employment to millions of people, how is that bad? Your probably using one or both of their products every day, so that makes you simply what We call ignorant -- as you are mistaken and/or misguided.

One last thing so maybe you can understand --- Think of it as making it like tomatoes are now -- your fine to grow your own, or not. But you cannot get in trouble for having one, or eating one or growing them -- they are Legal. This is all the amendment does, make Marijuana legal.

As to tomatoes, you can go to the grocery store and buy them, or not. If you want a farmers, you can go ask him to sell you one -- it seems you want free and nothing is freee dude. It is called freedom of choice. Some people like to grow their own -- have the land, the knowledge, the seeds, water, time, sun, ect.....some do not have these things but still like tomatoes, so they go to the farmers market, the grocery store, or whereever they want and purcahse them from someone else (or groups of persons who formed businesses, ala corporations) and bought or used their land, water, time and effort, into growing many tomatoes and selling them for a profit (as they have to pay the workers, equipment, and the like). Nothing the matter with that is there? No.

You seem to want to villify corporations and they are really really simple neither good nor bad (the devil is in the details) -- a corporation merely protects the people who formed it from loosing their personal property if the corporation is sued for some error or injury --- something good as stuff happens.

It is in the details that SOME Corporations become evil or "too big to fail" --- take Google, it is a massive corporation with Billions, and has revolutionized the world -- you supporting them using the Google search and the internet (well sorta) and if you use goodle search, chrome, or any of the things they invented or control, posting your message probably used Google --- but generally they do nothing wrong. It is a good thing as they employ people, make profit and help society -- So the issue of "Corporations" comes down to the people who formed and run it whether it is good or bad (and even then, people disagree on this). Most of our Corporations are enither good or bad -- it is people that are good or bad, and the people in corporations as without people, no corporations would exist.

So I cannot spend any more time trying to educate you - the bottom line is making Marijuana legal again (like it was pre 1933) is a good thing as no one will get in trouble or be arrested for it anymore -- I support the Amendment 100% (and if you like Marijuana you would be a fool not to support it too),

M

this current legalization effort is being run and focused by big$$corporate interest and lobby groups composed of lawyers that represent club-dispensary owners and their lawyer friends...they are taking the current fear and frustrations patients-caregivers have to focus attention on a legalization effort that will do nothing to enhance patient-caregivers access to grow and share medicine...it will severely restrict it........unless its through one of their corporate designed models....thats why they are currently negotiating(in private-secretly) a distribution model that benefits no one but them.....these are the same people who helped draft the prop 1 initiative in the first place .... lobby groups like Marijuana Policy Project....a large lobby group with corporate interests in washington..the same people who've now gotten 6 dispensaries authorized in Washington...and look at new jersey....state run dispensaries...more like mob run......and NORML...(National Organization for the REFERAL of Marijuana Lawyers ) ....has NORML helped to change marijuana laws in the last 40yrs??....minimally....have they helped to perpetuate prohibition??....what do you think??....their lawyer for crap sake!!....and they purposely wrote the law in ambiguous terms so as to be able to give them leverage in the future to use patients-caregiver rights as a barganing tool to get their real agenda passed....somthing they learned in colorado....marijuana is free....all you have to do is grow it...why were there no provisions to grow outdoors??...its by design...and this legalization effort will probably elimanate caregivers alltogether....unless you are one of their corporately authorized members.....the people behind this effort are lobbyists consisting of mostly legal professionals that would benefit the most from a corporate distribution model....think about all the legal fees that will be involved in helping set up a dispensary.....or all the people with big $$ that will rush to get in on this ...like they've allready done....and all the heros the legislatures behind them would be if they could gaurantee millions in tax dollars for their respective districts....this is also the reason they will soon end the farmers market model which encourages a 'free' market system....which IMHO is the best approach for patients-caregivers...it takes the $$$ away from lawers and their corporate friendz.....the language of the effort clearly states commercial/industrial production....how will that benefit us as patients-caregivers??....who do you think has the ways and means for commercial industrial production??....these are the same people that got Colorado their distribution model that mandates state run cameras to monitor every aspect of the grow....not to mention the millions in tax dollars that will be generated for their legislative friends that are helping them behind the scenes....this same type of legalization effort was tried in California and it failed miserably because the patients-caregivers-growers could see right through this type of focus.......it doesn't benefit patients or THEIR designated caregivers ......legalization effort is wrong for patients- caregivers but ripe for corporate interests...PLESE VOTE NO for this effort and tell all your friends to do the same...people are blinded by their new found freedoms ...which we are finding out are not what they seem...this is all by design and we should wake up to the realities that are currently happening.....this websit has over 26000 members based on statistics..and that makes it the largest web forum for marijuana advocates...I urge everyone her to think logically about what's going on right now and be more aware/concious on a collective level....this same type of focus was overwhelmingly rejected in California and I hope/pray the same thing happens here....I for one will be lobbying in my own humble effort towards seeing this petition fail....it is not the right approach!!....they are going to hijack your protest at the Capitol like the blu marine said...they are not patients advocate groups....they ARE dispensary rights advocacy....you like paying 350-450$$$ dollars for medicine??.....what do you really think will happen if this is passed....call all your friends and have them cseriously consider the ramifications of this type of legalization.....PLEASE VOTE NO....and keep access in the hands of patients-caregivers......PLEASE......peace and all possible power to the patients and THEIR caregivers and not corporate interests

It comes down to what is in the best interest of the citizens, and that in my opinion is decriminalization. Allow personal cultivation and possession of reasonable amounts.

I agree. Legalization implies government control and regulation, just like alcohol and tobacco.

Decriminalization means the plant is not illegal to possess, just like the oak tree in my front yard.

There is no doubt in my mind that once it is legalized the big corporations will get the law changed to make them the only ones who can legally grow.

Remember when they couldn't pull you over for not wearing a seat belt?

They could only ticket you if they pulled you over for something else and noticed you weren't wearing one.

Look how that law has changed.

Look what they are currently trying to do to the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act.

Don't like what the people put into law? No problem, we'll just twist it around once we get it in the legislature.

I agree. Legalization implies government control and regulation, just like alcohol and tobacco.

Decriminalization means the plant is not illegal to possess, just like the oak tree in my front yard.

There is no doubt in my mind that once it is legalized the big corporations will get the law changed to make them the only ones who can legally grow.

Remember when they couldn't pull you over for not wearing a seat belt?

They could only ticket you if they pulled you over for something else and noticed you weren't wearing one.

Look how that law has changed.

Look what they are currently trying to do to the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act.

Don't like what the people put into law? No problem, we'll just twist it around once we get it in the legislature.

i agree as i said

well thats what we thought the MICH medical marihuana Law was going to do and look what the courts did/are doing to it

It's hard for me to understand how some can believe that with mj, less government involvement means less freedom.

Of course any law can be changed. This is like arguing that the MMMA was a bad idea because dispensaries would appear and then try to corrupt the law. In the end though, we are far ahead of where we were in 2008. Removing criminal penalties does not take rights away from you. Do not believe the propaganda as it could cost you your freedom if it fails to pass.

I am glad I posted this and I sincerely posted to only stimulate some dialogue here that I feel has been overlooked.....i am not trying to divide the community or cause dissension....now is the time for outrage over how patients and their caregivers have been mistreated

...we need to stand together ...strongly....and protest the injustices we are all seeing all around us with regards to the climate of mmj....i worked with and for alot of the activists in nor-cal that were behind the current climate there....most were of the same mentality that the herb should be completely legalized for medical use

and access and decriminalized for recreational usage....not complete legalization ...that takes it out of the hands of small quality growers and gives access to large commercial endeavors.....when I left California a year or so ago there was already talk about an infrastructure that was in place to take cannabis to the next level by completely legalizing and tax and regulating....

.this is being done by large dispensary owners and their lawyer friends who have a corporate model in place that will eliminate small production and put it into the hand of a few mega corporations.....big pharma was out ther in the last ten years and have their own strains developed and ready to implement should legalization take place...so does big tobacco...read my previous post....

I even have a friend here in michigan who's brother is a high profile doctor working with this type of effort that said these people already have their ducks in a row and are anxiously awaiting full legalization as their friends with the larger dispensaries out west...

in Cali and Colorado...are all waiting to sell out to large corporate interests for big $$.....how will this benefit us as patients and caregivers??....will they add poison to it and sell it back to us as medicine??....just things to think about as a collective tribe....after all knowledge is power for all you unconscious asleep people out there.....being concious of the state of medical marijuana out west has made me understand the ramifications and

implications of complete legalization and here in michigan you have no idea how mUch big corporations are salivating over the thought of complete legalization......all the lawyers here allready know this and have already exhausted all their economic gains from the current situation

...after seeing a complete legalization attempt fail in california...due to the language of the initiative ...I think the same thing is happening here and the people that are calling me a troll or a turd have no idea of what's coming if they get behind this effort....

bye bye to all you small grow persons that think you have the shnizzle my nozzle....and hello to big corporate merchandising....knowledge is power...the more knowledge we have the more powerful it makes us...collectively peace to the medicine

bob and Torrey thank you!!

and petyr...three dots is called elepsis and is meant to make you pause and think about what you just read...not paragraphs....the immediate thought after the reading...a pause to make you think peace

i did not know that

i will try it thanks

Archived