Supposed Dispensary Bill

The Distribution Model bill has not dropped. I have been told several different things by both the House of Representatives and other people in the movement.

This is the information I have as of now. Note: It will and is subject to change before it hits Judiciary and probably will be amended 100x after that.

"The Representative said we are not getting involved with co-op because that would invole the Michigan co-op law lol. Please try to think about how these people think and how they dont even really understand what we mean when we say medical marijuana co-op or farmers market. The bill given to them months ago said nothing about how the center has to opperate, only that the owners and employees running the place have to have no felonies. I dont think there is anyway around that with them. It doesnt say who has to transfer, how the money works, how many people can transfer only that the meds have to come from a legal michigan cardholder. It also clarifies we can assist out of state patients and that municipalities who do not want centers can ban them if the council votes to but the existing centers will be grandfathered in under the Michigan granfather law. Honestly we havent won in court on the dispensary issue and Schuette will not stop until he has shut them all down. I think clarifying they can be there is crucial right now and of coarse if you guys dont like the bill I will respect your choice to oppose."

I spoke with Rep. Calltons office the other day. I was told they probably wouldnt have anything available for public view until close to the 18th of April. I dont think anyone has a copy yet. Medcnman.

I wonder why this one wasn't written up and given to the public like the other bills.

Ok. I said I wasnt going to make anymore calls to legislation, but I just had to know more about this issue to try and put the rumors to rest. I just got off the phone with Mike Calltons assistant. He has assured me, and I believe his words as we have a fairly decent relationship, that there has been NO release of any information regarding the dispensary bill. I will NOT mention names, and please dont assume because I will not reveal who, but there has been harsh demands from someone to release a copy of the bill. This person was told no. The Bill will be released mid April. No specific date has been set for its release. This bill DOES NOT have ANY language regarding caregivers or co-ops. It is strictly a dispensary bill. I asked for a quick meeting with Mr. Callton but due to his hectic schedule, I wont have an opportunity to do so until after the bill has been released for public view. Please dont dwell on the rumors that have arised. They are merely rumors. I didnt want to get involved but I felt I had to for the patients and caregivers. Thank you, Medcnman.

The bill, as mentioned already, will be introduced later this month. It is, conceptually, a local option bill, that leaves it up to the local government to decide whether or not to allow safe access points to be realized and zoned for. The bill does not address activity in residences. If the municipality or township decides to embrace this opportunity, the locally accepted centers, would then be recognized on a state level. The new Act would work concurrently with the existing caregiver system and only require a simple majority to pass because it does not change or make the MMMA more restrictive or prohibitive. It has bi-partisan support and is considered to be viable in the House. It has some inherit parameters, but many details ate left up to the local community. We will all have to read the bill when it is introduced and continue from there.

Flower Girl can explain some things further, if necessary, but it is real and in the formal process.

Really appreciate some clear information coming out on this subject. I look forward to reading the bill as it is avail, and again I hope people are calling and mailing there reps on the existing bills, I also think its important to be fact based in these conversations and firm but polite.

Archived