Drama Free Area For Patients

Hey Annie, do you have the measurements for the coconut or olive oil for the skin oil? My friend in our support group and I have been pm back and forth, she is from California and just walked into a clinic yesterday and told the doc she was in chronic pain and itching and he wrote her a paper and she got her card! She went to dispensary and got edibles and some oil and wants to make the oil asap.....as she she is one of over 200 of us with this steroid withdrawal crap for 13 months for her. One of the moms in Lake Tahoe is taking her 3 year old to medical marijuana doctor to get the oil. He is 3 and has screamedfor 4 months every day and night unless he is in the bathtub, because the itching is so intense from the nerves and dilated blood vessels. I hate the topical steroids and the derms and doctors know better that to prescribe more than a week and they put the babies and kids on them for months and years and then go to super steroids like they are chemo and will wipe pout the eczema? Are they crazy? This is a travesty and nothing but antihistamines and benzos to help. I cannot take the antihistamines as they wire me up and make me itch worse.

This stuff is immunosuppressant and can give you cushings and wreck your adrenals, hormones, kidneys, liver, etc!!. We are over 200 and suffering bad! My skin is like sandpaper and itches and flakes for 7 months now! !4 months total of withdrawals and maybe 1-2 years left! We are looking at a class action if we can find a lawyer to do it and have 13 countries in it now. The doc in California that is overseeing us by appt,. for some and phone conferences for the rest..... said to go for the cannabis it it helps, even the kids. Here is a link to my second story about it and our website, you will not believe the damage this stuff approved by the gov and FDA...does to kids and adults! Brainless! Watch the video of our little 3 year old overdosed with steroids!! She is wanting the cannabis oil and will get in in Lake Tahoe. http://www.squidoo.com/international-topical-steroid-addiction-network-itsan: Our organization and we also have a public forum and private forum. !6 kids suffering now every day and night with this itching and more coming in everyday...my FB page is new people daily. You can see the video on my article:http://itsan.org/ Thanks for the help, or I would just want to jump off a bridge this is torture itching from the nerves. ~Joey

OMG Joey.. Im so sorry to hear how this has effected you and the others.. Im throwing this off the top of my head..

U can go with 2 cups olive(not extra virgin) or coconut oil.. Bring it to 200 and keep it right there You dont want it fluctuating to much and dont take the temp much higher than that at all.. Put in As much ground up material as you can spare.. I would not use less than 1/8. If you can score fan leaves you can put as much in there as the oil will hold. Crush those up by hand. Then keep it at 200 degrees for about 3 hours.. Strain the material from the oil and slather it on your skin.. I hope you feel better.. and i hope this works so you can share it with the other ppl who were unnecesarily subjected to this itchy torture.. God Bless..

Wow.. i cant wait to hear the results.. I am praying it will help you all..

And here is a warning.. If it gets to far over 220 you may vaporize the thc and you dont want that.. You need to just melt those trichomes into the oil.. and shake well before every application..

Also.. Man i cant believe the product that causes this.. Wow i just bought a tube of that the other day.. It was on sale for 99 cents and i figured.. I may need this some day.. LOL LIKE A KICK IN THE HEAD.. I have already thrown it in the trash.. Thanks for spreading the word.. I am praying extra hard for the babies those pictures were brutal..

• 4 months later...

Hi Ezrah. Thanks for creating this thread. I am a first time patient waiting for my app to be processed. I am looking to line up with a compassion club and or enter into a reasonable caregiver/patient relationship or talk to someone on a patient to patient basis in the troy area. I'm will to travel for the right vibe.

Ezrah thanks again for the nice thread!

P.S. This is my first time on this site. Please excuse me if this posting is a faux pas!

please no drama! anyone know how i can find a GOOD, known to be good caregiver? i dont know any other patients really and i gave up on buying from drug dealers.., got a card, trying to get medicated legally

If you are in driving distance of Ann Arbor give me a private message. If not best of luck.

• 1 month later...

there is drama in my head some one make it better please. my young wife and I separated for three months. I wasn't here to start new plants and now that we are back together I've got a three month whole in the plan, that's a whole grow pretty much. now I've run out. ya there comes the drama. so much pain I'm getting ornery and don't want to hurt her feelings. I need grow friends. I'm in the stanton area and wish I would have been more active in the m.m.m.j. community so I could have made more friends that grow, and could make a loan. My pain is mostly in my stomach and I also have severe spinal damage and on s. s. i. , so no money. But I keep my electric bill paid. and the meds I've been growing are real good. who's got extra to loan? my new batch getting ready for the switch to bloom are Humboldt, raspberry wonder haze, Jack, and a white widow big bud cross I call great white. and I can make you clones of the much sought after raspberry wonder haze and mine is a real winner so strong and healthy. please pm me.

• 7 months later...

Hi

I'm a card holder and new to the site... i've been reading a lot here in the week i've been on the site that's been very helpful.. I had some bad luck with a caregiver so I'm a first time grower looking for all the knowledge I can stack in my brain......

Great and Welcome here you wil find out a lot of things on this site Help us all come together as one and support the MMMA

Hi

I'm a card holder and new to the site... i've been reading a lot here in the week i've been on the site that's been very helpful.. I had some bad luck with a caregiver so I'm a first time grower looking for all the knowledge I can stack in my brain......

Sign up with ICMAG and get a basic book, like the Growers Bible.  Make the mistakes we all make, correct them and enjoy!

Hi

Hello jimmiej and welcome to 3ma.

Best of luck with your 1st grow!

Hi

There is a lot of information available online. Between that and the folks here who are happy to help, you should do just fine.

Welcome.

Hi folks!

This is entirely new to me. I suffer from fibromyalgia, fatigue, muscle spasms, and degenerating disk disease.

Although the traditional medicines helped for awhile, my system has become immune to them. Now I need twice the amount of pain killers, and muscle relaxers to find relief. So I am looking for alternatives.

I am a senior, who's husband has MS, and is legally blind that I am responsible for. I am also responsible for most of the household duties, i.e. yards, house, shopping, etc. So being "high", or tired, is not an option for me.

I just received my MMMA card, and have tried a couple of the eatables. Both times, I found it relieved my pain, and I didn't need any other medications. However, my problem is that it seems to make me very tired, so I know I'll only be able to use it at night. Is there anything I should know, or any suggestions that anyone could give me to get past the "tired" issue?

No, I don't smoke, I quit regular cigarettes twenty years ago. But I might be willing to inhale once or twice a day if that's what's needed.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Bobbie

Hello, and welcome.

There are a few approaches:

Ideally, I would recommend a topical (applied to skin), and a sublingual (under the tongue) spray. The topical ointment is good for localized muscle pains, and the spray will allow you to treat your pain throughout the day, while not overloading your system at any one time. (I should note that any form of cannabis other than the flowers or leaf is currently considered to not be covered by Section 4 (they're illegal).  

Another option would be the use of additives that have the potential to combat some of the negative aspects of cannabis (THC) treatments. There are terpenes, other cannabinoids, and other botanical sources of compounds that can aid in this. 

CBD is known to reduce psychotropic effects (feeling high).

Calumus root (found online or in health stores) is AChE inhibitor that has been studied for this purpose. AChE inhibitors are known to aid in memory and reduce the psychotropic/psychoactive effects of cannabis.

A third option would be to use a CB2 agonist (activator) to increase therapeutic properties associated with pain and inflammation. This automatically "turns down" your CB1 receptors, which will reduce the psychotropic/psychoactive effects of cannabis (THC) treatments. This option is likely not to reduce sedation. (Unless it allowed you to take less THC, which is possible.)    

Hope this helps.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Edited by in vivo