Statement From Cpu

we opposed the word stationary, but it is my understanding this applies to the dog kennel outdoor grow, where the kennel is not permanently fastened.

we find this requirement excessive...

The bill you attached for 4851 is not the most recent one as it doesn't have the language in it about the outdoor grow. I think this one (H7) is the newest?

http://www.filedump.net/dumped/hb4851h71333314166.pdf

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(2) A PERSON IS NOT IN THE VEHICLE UNLESS THE PERSON IS EITHER

17 THE REGISTERED QUALIFYING PATIENT TO WHOM THE LIVING MARIHUANA

18 PLANTS BELONG OR THE PERSON DESIGNATED THROUGH THE DEPARTMENTAL

19 REGISTRATION PROCESS AS THE PRIMARY CAREGIVER FOR THE REGISTERED

20 QUALIFYING PATIENT.

This would mean if you don't have your own car, you cannot transport a clone. Can't use the bus, can't use a cab, can't catch a ride from a friend, can't even have the person giving it to you give you a lift.

Also, it forbids people from being caregivers if they've been convicted of an "assaultive crime," the definition of which includes larceny... wow... how shoplifting is a violent crime I cannot imagine.

Edited by purklize

Would that actually be considered locked? It depends on how "lock" is defined in the law, I guess.

guess you would need to pull out Blacks Dictionary. In the discussions we dealt with "intent". The Lansing Service Bureau wrote all the words after the respective meeting, but before the next one. Any definitions like this that you are asking would need to be addressed to them.

This would mean if you don't have your own car, you cannot transport a clone. Can't use the bus, can't use a cab, can't catch a ride from a friend, can't even have the person giving it to you give you a lift.

Also, it forbids people from being caregivers if they've been convicted of an "assaultive crime," the definition of which includes larceny... wow... how shoplifting is a violent crime I cannot imagine.

You must be in "a" car not necessarily your car.

the rest of your post is correct as I understand it.

We fought the whole felon bill at every step. We requested a ten year sunset for felonies. Unfortunately this is low hanging fruit for the legislators, as it falls under "public safety". In our March 29th hearing we submitted revised verbage, and did not include the felon sunset. That was the first time we took it out. It had been made clear it was not going to be included, so we concentrated on the affirmative defense. assaultive crimes are not shoplifting. They gave us a list and it is posted at www.michigancannabispatients.com...

they are rape and the like. in fact they were much harsher crimes that just felons.

here is the list:

CPU List of “Assaultive Crimes”

81©3- Threats or assault against employee of family independence agency

82- Felonious assault; and violation of subsection (1) in weapon free school zone; definitions. 83- Assault with intent to commit murder.

84- Assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder

86- Assault with intent to maim.

87- Assault with intent to commit felony not otherwise punished

88- Assault with intent to rob and steal; unarmed.

89- Assault with intent to rob and steal; armed.

90(a)- Conduct proscribed under MCL 750.81 to 750.89 as felony; intent. (against pregnant lady) 90(b)- Conduct proscribed under MCL 750.81 to 750.89 as crime; intent (against pregnant)

91- Attempt to murder.

200 to 212(a)- Explosives; common carriers for passengers; transportation: Cause harm using chemicals, biological, radioactive, harmful substances and devices; Acts causing false belief of exposure; Explosives exploded by concussion or friction; Explosives; marking when intended for shipment; Explosives; sending with intent to kill or injure persons or damage property; Device representing or presented as explosive, incendiary device, or bomb; sending or transporting; Explosive substances; placing with intent to destroy and causing injury to any person; Offensive or injurious substance; placing with intent to injure, coerce, or interfere with person or property; Possession of explosive substance or device in public place; Substance that when combined will become explosive or combustible; possession with intent to use unlawfully; Valerium; unlawful acts; Device designed to explode upon impact, upon application of heat, or device highly incendiary; possession with intent to use unlawfully; High explosives; marking;

316- First degree murder

317- Second degree murder

321- Manslaughter

349- Kidnapping

349(a)- Prisoner taking person as hostage

350- Leading, taking, carrying away, decoying, or enticing away child under 14 397- Mayhem

411h(2)(b) or (3)- Stalking; Stalking age 18 or under, continued conduct

411i- Aggravated stalking

520b- Criminal sexual conduct in the first degree

520c- Criminal sexual conduct in the second degree

520d- Criminal sexual conduct in the third degree

520e- Criminal sexual conduct in the fourth degree

520g- Assault with intent to commit criminal sexual conduct

529- Use or possession of dangerous weapon; aggravated assault

529a- Carjacking

530- Larceny of money or other property

543a-543z- Michigan anti-terrorism act; Terrorism, action; Hindering prosecution of terrorism; Providing material support for terrorist acts or soliciting material support for terrorism as felonies; Making terrorist threat or false report of terrorism; Terrorism using the Internet or telecommunications or electronic device; Obtaining or possessing certain information about vulnerable target;

4856 will really screw over SUVs, minivans, hatchbacks, vans, and station wagons. Could some language like "inaccessible by the operator or passengers of the vehicle" work? That way if it is in a case in the back of the vehicle but out of reach, we would be ok?

4856 will really screw over SUVs, minivans, hatchbacks, vans, and station wagons. Could some language like "inaccessible by the operator or passengers of the vehicle" work? That way if it is in a case in the back of the vehicle but out of reach, we would be ok?

that is the angle we are going to take. but it is late in the game and in the end it is up to the Republican leadership as to when these go to the floor for a vote...

we have made them aware we feel the language is flawed, and will be doing so again shortly, I promise you that

How big and active is CPU?

membership info is not something I would get into on a public forum. Let's say less than 100 members, more than 20. It is a dues based group that in some ways is a think tank. We have applied and are anticipating getting our 501©4 designation. There presently are only two such non profits in the US. I am told MPP is one of them. One of our attorney members runs a PAC called CannaPac. In our status we cannot give any money to candidates. Hence CannaPac. There is not a whole lot of money there presently but we are hopeful it will be used in the fall for donations to mmj friendly politicians. Believe it or not that is not an oxymoron.

We meet quarterly, run a private list serv, and have a website (that hardly ever has been updated unfortunately).

I believe that is it.

Obviously we are active in Lansing.

wow.... bam... crash....

thanks for the help Herbert...

Okay folks, I am the lobbyist for CPU. I will try and answer your questions. There is not a whole lot of secrets.

Our membership like your membership, has every reason to be in Lansing. Let's just start with that.

Here are the most current bills.... what can I tell you?

In your change to 4851 you have Drs keeping records of the use of a Drug that the Feds say is schedule 1as a treatment, how many Doctors are gonna put their azzes on the line when the Feds say you cant use schedule 1 drugs as medicine. This goes into effect and no Dr will sign for your card for fear of going to jail for using a schedule 1 as a treatment.

In your change to 4851 you have Drs keeping records of the use of a Drug that the Feds say is schedule 1as a treatment, how many Doctors are gonna put their azzes on the line when the Feds say you cant use schedule 1 drugs as medicine. This goes into effect and no Dr will sign for your card for fear of going to jail for using a schedule 1 as a treatment.

Where do you see that? Are you referring to part 2 about creating and maintaining records of patient's condition in accord with medically accepted standards? Aren't they just issuing a recommendation? They don't tell you how much, how often or anything like that, just that it is recommended.

Thats rediculous! Any doctor who doesnt keep records is not a doctor at all. Also if you get busted and the doctor doesnt have records guess what? You lose your medical defense anyway.

so, if i dont drive myself, i cant move clones from one place to another..... what if im blind? what if i dont have a dl or a caregiver? how am i supposed to transport my live marihuana plants if noone else is allowed in the vehicle with them? And how am i supposed to make my medicine not accessable from my mini van or my suv? or my motorcycle or bicycle for that matter? oh well, keep saying these are good for us, eventually we will believe it.

Hayduke'

Maybe you missed my earlier question about law enforcement having access to the registry? I see MPP is saying that also allows the FEDs access via lien, what is your take on that?

ahem, I have no idea and defer to Mal whenever he weighs in. My area of expertise evolves around the state rather than the feds.