Statement From Cpu

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do you see that? Are you referring to part 2 about creating and maintaining records of patient's condition in accord with medically accepted standards? Aren't they just issuing a recommendation? They don't tell you how much, how often or anything like that, just that it is recommended.

Under #3 of Haydukes PDF for 4851. Sorry Flowergirl but a Doctor can not use a schedule 1 drug for treatment. Keeping the records has nothing to do with it. The Feds say there is no such thing as Medical Marijuana, if you pay attention you can see the Feds ie DOJ and DEA arresting MM patients and dispensaries all over the place.

Well I get the sense you guys aren't telling people this stuff is acceptable and I am relieved by that. What scares me the most is a compromise being made, one that takes away rights, and the CPU saying we're happy with it, simply because it's not as bad as it could be. I don't want anyone saying they're happy with anything unless we're moving forward. :thumbsu:

I'm still nervous that the compromises that have been made could backfire... I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Really nerve wracking...

We bought a hamburger with pickles, tomato onion and mustard. No fries no drinks. Seems the Gov wants us to have tomatoe, mustard and bun.

We should be asking for that full happy meal, so we can get the dang deluxe burger we originally bought.

Is that to much to ask, or expect?

What say you.

I see it as ignorant, backward thinking and way too conservative, and they concede issues that I wouldn't concede.

Ty for your opinion.

I respect your opinion.

But I dont agree with it

can you talk without bashing?

please

"Opinions can be expressed without calling someone conservative"

We bought a hamburger with pickles, tomato onion and mustard. No fries no drinks. Seems the Gov wants us to have tomatoe, mustard and bun.

We should be asking for that full happy meal, so we can get the dang deluxe burger we originally bought.

Is that to much to ask, or expect?

What say you.

precisely we should be screaming collectively our asses off about NOT getting what we voted for ..not to mention what we paid for..and not redirecting the focus or 'barganing' away what we already have..no rights

One other little accusation that has been thrown around a lot that I would like to dispel and really I apologize for even bringing it up. CPU did not offer to trade anything for more patients or plant count. Ever! At a meeting last summer with Rep Horn (keep in mind this was very early after the bills were introduced) we had a long, long conversation. We bounced around every problem we could think of. Of course dispensaries, farm markets, Taxes, transfers, etc, etc, everything we all have talked about since 2009.

One idea that was talked about was having the ability for patients to designate a secondary caregiver, that way it would have legalized transfers between non-connected PT and CG's at its best and at its worst still allow a PT a second choice and a CG access to several more patients. Never was there any suggestion that that would give a CG more plants or clones. NOTHING came of the discussion. The only other time clones were mentioned is when we were advancing the idea that clones should not be counted against your plant count. (we all know the reasons why)

So in essence the conversation was just a very engaging discussion about a plethora of issues effecting all of us. It went on for more than three hours as I remember. But again, obviously none of that stuff made it to the finish line.

I take that back one thing definitely came out of that very discussion. Two year cards.

This is great info. Many have heard such a various theory and and partial informations. It will always lead to innuendo, misconception, and conjecture.

I will say it is nice to hear an INSIDE Voice of CPU speak up about what so many had no way to know. It is a Shame so many were not allowed to hear this information if it was out there already somewhere.

Thank you for the disclosures. Lets hope it places many minds at ease about your work.

Timmahh

It was always on MCP Tim, but of course if anyone tried to paste a link or even send a link via PM,, wel you know. A new day has dawned in Michigan Cannabis, you all have three great websites to freely discuss all of these matters that effect us. Celebrate!

Under #3 of Haydukes PDF for 4851. Sorry Flowergirl but a Doctor can not use a schedule 1 drug for treatment. Keeping the records has nothing to do with it. The Feds say there is no such thing as Medical Marijuana, if you pay attention you can see the Feds ie DOJ and DEA arresting MM patients and dispensaries all over the place.

Where does it say the doctor has to treat them with marihuana? They are only reccomending, they still have to keep records of their findings and diagnosis.

we opposed the word stationary, but it is my understanding this applies to the dog kennel outdoor grow, where the kennel is not permanently fastened.

we find this requirement excessive...

Thanks, for this position and all ya do, is good to know.

We will be set free

Where does it say the doctor has to treat them with marihuana? They are only reccomending, they still have to keep records of their findings and diagnosis.

Right here and it will allow any doctor to deny doing certifications on those grounds that they cannot treat for medical marijuana (which is why it is supposed to be a recommendation and imagine that more restrictions that they say will HELP us, yeah},

(3) THE PHYSICIAN HAS A REASONABLE EXPECTATION THAT HE OR SHE

3 WILL PROVIDE FOLLOW-UP CARE TO THE PATIENT TO MONITOR THE EFFICACY

4 OF THE USE OF MEDICAL MARIHUANA AS A TREATMENT OF THE PATIENT'S

5 DEBILITATING MEDICAL CONDITION.

While we are at it they also are now saying not only do you have to have it in a trunk or in a case but it must be IN A CASE AND IN THE TRUNK.

And yes if you are too sick or cannot drive then you cannot move plants/clones at all. I was told by someone else that it would be simple to get around that just get a buddy and pretend like they are his plants and have him get them for you (you would not be allowed in the vehicle and would have to break the law to abide by the law) Go figure.

Edited to add.

There is that little access thingy too. Nice and harmless....... :growl:

Well one thing for certain Tim we realize that every word counts when it comes to COA. I think after the BS decisions that O'Connell and crew have handed down we are wise to read everything frontwards and backwards.

I guess if you wanted to call us elitist you could, but it is not true. There are some fairly well off CPU members and there are some fairly poor CPU members. But one thing we all share is a belief in MMJ and a want to protect it.

Words to walk by imo. no one should have a problem with that, and I certainly do not!

Been using cannabis since I was around 13 for pain and muscle spasm and multiple subluxations in my spinal colum. I don"t believe in Practicing Medicine, I like someone that is already done practicing. I dont take my car to a practicing mechanic. lol

I also have probably only taken prescription medicine of any level a handful of times, despite pretty constant pain.

I like not poisoning my body or filling it with addictive opiates and petro chemical drugs.

This is great info. Many have heard such a various theory and and partial informations. It will always lead to innuendo, misconception, and conjecture.

I will say it is nice to hear an INSIDE Voice of CPU speak up about what so many had no way to know. It is a Shame so many were not allowed to hear this information if it was out there already somewhere.

Thank you for the disclosures. Lets hope it places many minds at ease about your work.

Timmahh

Yep, Thanks be to all for being here and sharing.

When Mal posts on serious topic read very carefully....do not read anything in that is not there or take anything away that is not there.

He is very precise and dedicated.

Good day!

I have read and replied to a few of Mals threads/posts on a few forums, and I think here before he was banned/left. And you are correct, he is very precise and dedicated. I have never questioned it personally.

Many of us are the same way. Some may have slightly different points. I agree with most all points he makes, and I believe he will tell you, I present my counter-points with as much logic and broad thinking as so many of us do...

Right here and it will allow any doctor to deny doing certifications on those grounds that they cannot treat for medical marijuana (which is why it is supposed to be a recommendation and imagine that more restrictions that they say will HELP us, yeah},(3) THE PHYSICIAN HAS A REASONABLE EXPECTATION THAT HE OR SHE3 WILL PROVIDE FOLLOW-UP CARE TO THE PATIENT TO MONITOR THE EFFICACY4 OF THE USE OF MEDICAL MARIHUANA AS A TREATMENT OF THE PATIENT'S5 DEBILITATING MEDICAL CONDITION.While we are at it they also are now saying not only do you have to have it in a trunk or in a case but it must be IN A CASE AND IN THE TRUNK.And yes if you are too sick or cannot drive then you cannot move plants/clones at all. I was told by someone else that it would be simple to get around that just get a buddy and pretend like they are his plants and have him get them for you (you would not be allowed in the vehicle and would have to break the law to abide by the law) Go figure.Edited to add.There is that little access thingy too. Nice and harmless....... :growl:

I can't help but think the legislators are searching for a way to make it impossible for almost anyone to get certified in the sneakiest way possible... a legislative trojan horse. If it's not immediately apparent what it does, then there will be no media fanfare and they can get away with it.

oh yeah and greenhouses too...locked enclosed greenhouses so we can grow it for free....has anyone noticed their electric bill went up??

greenhouses will work ....simple fix...plexiglass roof cut small holes in the top (for rain water and Heat exhaust) all the sunlight and rain you need and it still enclosed

redwood_greenhouse_gkp612.jpg

board up side windows cut many small holes in the top and a couple 1k lights on the inside

Archived