Statement From Cpu

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets see-2009 and 2010 no major issues with the Act that I'm aware of. We dropped the ball and didn't vote for the right candidate for AG and the money stepped in and bought that job and the Supreme Court Chief Justice. You say you been working on this for three years, please forgive my ignorance but just what is your dog in this struggle? I mean what exactly are you after? Here are the states program numbers 2011 Sec. 726. I have spent hundreds of dollars attempting to comply with a law that I voted for in 2008. I shouldn't have to go back underground. Nice response to my post BTW. During that three years of work just what are you after? My point is why is some group trying to "negotiate" with a small group who are all bought and paid for by the "party".BTW do you even know who is pulling the strings on these puppets?

Table 6

BTW "Justice Young was the most heavily targeted candidate. Five groups spent $864,597 independently to support Young, exceeding the $842,351 he raised in direct contributions. The groups supporting Young were led by the Michigan Republican Party with $634,345 and the Michigan Association of Realtors with $225,000. The Michigan Democratic Party was the sole group opposing Young, spending $8,290."

I thank you for your efforts if they were attempting to implement the law as written however, if you and your group have a different agenda then again while you are negotiating please add a process whereby a citizen can leave this program without fear of reprisal, arrest, and forfeiture of assets.

Regards and peace,

C

Lets

Then go back underground. I have spent the better part of three years trying to make this law work. I ain't quitting yet..

I am sorry C, I don't know you. But I do know a bunch of the people here were at city council meetings, start compassion clubs, educated people, showed up for the committee hearings, took time out of there day to meet with their reps, donated cold hard cash, etc. That is what WE must do. Clearly you did not read where I stated who we are up against.

Obviously you forget about all of the moratoriums and such in 09-10. Time would come to show them were not our biggest problems. Not to mention all of the growing pains around here.

You know one thing that I cannot stress enough and it sucks sometimes but it is truth. We are all ambassadors of this program. Let that sink in for a moment..

Ohhh yea sorry forgot to add that they then said if you dont have a trunk you have to have it in a case that is not accessable from the interior of the vehicle.?.?.????? A and B say the same thing. That ought to protect us better.

As I have said yesterday, we too, think this is flawed language. No so much the case in the trunk, to be truthful. But the language about "inaccessible in the interior". Our objection is about the fact someone not in a pickup, and without a trunk (minivans, suv's et al) could never be in compliance. This is a true problem. Anecdotally I can honestly say this language got harsher after public testimony. The Rep's specifically mentioned not be too happy with the gentleman testifying about the hardship of 4856 because his only place to put his mmj was in his glove box, and that was open because it also was his drink holder for his Mountain Dew. Personally it was not a big deal to me (the testimony), but it irritated the Republican Reps and because of it they added changes to the bill to 'tighten' it up. I can assure you there will be further discussion, but the bummer to a degree is that now these bills are out of committee they must be voted on by the House in order to make any more changes. It may become very difficult to get the Republicans to vote for any changes that liberalize the law. But never the less, as Reps return from Easter break we will be submitting new alternative language.

Hi every one, I am a member of another site that has alot of cpu members on it(i am not one, but would be) I was asked if I could post these links, I believe it is their mission statement>

www.cannabispatientsunited.org

www.michigancannabispatients.com

Thank you People!

Can any one check and see if celliach can get his sign in writes and all back!

Thank you in advance

Peace

Jim

I try to speak with respect in all of my statements. My point is the compassion clubs I used to attend are no longer meeting. It is my belief and understanding based on the facts that I understand the tools (Fear, Arrest, Seizure, and Forfeiture) being used are the same since the DEA was formed to fight the "War on Drugs". "Protect and Serve" are no longer the principles of our law enforcement but searches without a warrant, smash and grab are the new motto. Asset seizures from the 126,236 (2011 ) citizens that the state now has records on are now a real possibility.

My position simply is the legislators on the committees already have identified their positions and the majority are not supportive of our cause. How do we influence those that have not committed and are willing to listen? If I'm donating 100k's to your campaign are you not going to do as I ask? All I want is a way to leave this program with no fear of reprisal. Don't you think that it would be interesting to see what the legislators response would be if we had this as law?

Your idea of who we are up against and mine must be different. Here is mine from the 2010 elections:The RGA's $114M shell game

This is the kind of education that all citizens need to be aware of. i.e. "The list of major Michigan contributors to the RGA 527 committee reveals no real surprises. The Michigan Chamber of Commerce was the top Michigan contributor at $5,372,500. Seven members of the DeVos family gave a combined total of $1,485,000. Various corporate entities and practiced individual political donors brought the total to $9.7 million from Michigan contributors. If Richard DeVos, Sr. is counted as a Floridian, the total given by Michigan donors is $8.6 million.

The contributions to the RGA Michigan PAC make very little sense for a state political committee. Ninety-eight percent of the $8,423,078 in contributions is attributable to persons who do not reside in Michigan. The top reported contributor was Texan Robert Perry at $1,000,000. Second on the list was David Koch of New York, reported to have given $988,604.44. Most contributions to RGA Michigan PAC have $604.44 as their last five digits. There were no corporate contributions reported.

What if we took the 12million that the state has made off of its citizens the last two fiscal years (see 2011) and "bought" our own candidates and election? Now that would be moving forward!!!!

Like I said ,bought and paid for.

Regards and peace,

C

I am sorry C, I don't know you. But I do know a bunch of the people here were at city council meetings, start compassion clubs, educated people, showed up for the committee hearings, took time out of there day to meet with their reps, donated cold hard cash, etc. That is what WE must do. Clearly you did not read where I stated who we are up against.

Obviously you forget about all of the moratoriums and such in 09-10. Time would come to show them were not our biggest problems. Not to mention all of the growing pains around here.

You know one thing that I cannot stress enough and it sucks sometimes but it is truth. We are all ambassadors of this program. Let that sink in for a moment..

Where does it say the doctor has to treat them with marihuana? They are only reccomending, they still have to keep records of their findings and diagnosis.

Whats your deal you just like to be argumentative. It is in pretty plain text the Dr has to follow up your treatment and the affect of using MM. These amendments are in plain language the does harm to the patient denying the Dr the right to be the gatekeeper because of Federal Laws. Prove me wrong,

My stance. No changes. None. Implement the law as it was written. As I said before, you dont add salt to the soup until youve tried the soup. Medcnman.

That is a Henry Ford quote, as he would not hire someone who salted their food before tasting it. Felt it made them prejudice. Go figure...

Your stance is noble, I can't really argue with it philosophically. However practically, it is not a strategy likely to sway the Republican majority. The concept of implementation is not within the scope of their view on the subject. Rather, some would say the law will never be seen as legitimate until the legislature weighs in. Ya know, I don't really feel that way myself but it is a viewpoint common in Lansing. For me the solution probably lies somewhere in the middle. Unfortunately the mmj community controls neither the venue, the game, or the rules. I would respectfully ask, how would you suggest we change the momentum in Lansing? How would you force them to implement in a way that the mmj community would consider good, and would still satisfy the cry for clarity from Atty Gen Schuette and the Republican majority. And it is actually a bit harder than that, as many Dems are likely more than willing to look the other way in re mmj, and likely will vote for the bill package.

So the discussion begins to hinge on House Dems, if the discussion is one around seeing the bills defeated. They hold the key. And they alone will determine the fate of these bills. Add to that the dispensary language that will be coming later this month. The lobbyist for the dispensary folks no doubt has advised them if they wish their bill to be seriously considered, they had best shut up on the present bill packages and let the House do their work. So there are many sides and many issues at play. No one holds a crystal ball on the end game. I wish we did...

How punked have the Dems been this term? The answer is totally punked. We must work hard and hope to convince them to do the right thing.

All I can say, is I know Mal, SFC, and Hayduke. They are truly good people, trying to do the right thing.

I was there when they first all met to discuss founding CPU. It came from a need in our community that was not being met. There were attacks coming from all sides. Moratoriums, and outright bans. MMMA had just lost the original leaders Greg and Brad, and SOMETHING needed to be done. A group broke off from the MMMA, everyone was pretty much banned if anything was said. And, we all drifted apart. Now here we are, each of us looking at each other like the enemy. When honestly, we all want basically, the same thing. To be able to use the medicine of our choice, to be able to grow that medicine and go about our own business. However, if that right is going to be challenged, wouldn't it be good to have people on the inside to know the attack is coming, and to have some kind of strategy to protect ourselves? Or, even to counter attack?

Now, I haven't been involved with them for a while, due to schooling, and working full time I just haven't had the time. But, If I could be more involved with them, I would. They are a good group of people. None of us will ever completely see eye to eye, and I don't believe anyone wants the law to change. BUT....If there HAS to be a set of standards.....wouldn't WE like to be the ones setting them? Just a thought.....

We bought a hamburger with pickles, tomato onion and mustard. No fries no drinks. Seems the Gov wants us to have tomatoe, mustard and bun.

We should be asking for that full happy meal, so we can get the dang deluxe burger we originally bought.

Is that to much to ask, or expect?

What say you.

i think Micky D just settled this now they put a few less fries in their happy meals and replace them with apples slices

precisely we should be screaming collectively our asses off about NOT getting what we voted for ..not to mention what we paid for..and not redirecting the focus or 'barganing' away what we already have..no rights

we would just be so thankful if we were not still in court and FREE

Not sure CPU style compromise is in patient's best interests. Seems more like a legislative project of an elite and connected few.

None of the bills were ever in patients' best interests. LEO presented them. LEO runs the show, from LARA to the COA. They pretend to 'want' to ask us what we want. So CPU tells them what we want and they(LEO) bend just a tiny bit for the sake of saying they bargained with us. That's brutally simple and honest. That tiny bend is all we can get out of the position we are in as Medical Cannabis Patients in Michigan.

As I have said yesterday, we too, think this is flawed language. No so much the case in the trunk, to be truthful. But the language about "inaccessible in the interior". Our objection is about the fact someone not in a pickup, and without a trunk (minivans, suv's et al) could never be in compliance. This is a true problem. Anecdotally I can honestly say this language got harsher after public testimony. The Rep's specifically mentioned not be too happy with the gentleman testifying about the hardship of 4856 because his only place to put his mmj was in his glove box, and that was open because it also was his drink holder for his Mountain Dew. Personally it was not a big deal to me (the testimony), but it irritated the Republican Reps and because of it they added changes to the bill to 'tighten' it up. I can assure you there will be further discussion, but the bummer to a degree is that now these bills are out of committee they must be voted on by the House in order to make any more changes. It may become very difficult to get the Republicans to vote for any changes that liberalize the law. But never the less, as Reps return from Easter break we will be submitting new alternative language.

And what about patients that may ride a motorcycle? Does CPU advocate for them? Have they? Seems no change or compromise is better for patient motorcycle riders.

None of the bills were ever in patients' best interests. LEO presented them. LEO runs the show, from LARA to the COA. They pretend to 'want' to ask us what we want. So CPU tells them what we want and they(LEO) bend just a tiny bit for the sake of saying they bargained with us. That's brutally simple and honest. That tiny bend is all we can get out of the position we are in as Medical Cannabis Patients in Michigan.

Then why bother to pander to them? U become a tool of the corrupt legislature and undermine ur standing in the patient community that is rightfully distrustful of a tiny group that dabbles in a legislative process for which they r only being used.

Nobody wants any changes to the law except the MSP, the AG and most of the prosecutors, MML, MTA, Board of Medicine, ACLU (supported 4851), most republican representatives and senators, and a group of democratic representarives and senators, city councils, county boards, judges, even the local PTA.

Get the point?

If all we do is oppose these bills do you really think we'd win? These bills may likely get passed regardless of the wording. Shouldn't we try to change as much of the wording in those bills as we can?

And what about patients that may ride a motorcycle? Does CPU advocate for them? Have they? Seems no change or compromise is better for patient motorcycle riders.

Yes, they do! But the change is gonna come anyway whether we like it or not.

agreed! we cant just let them put what they want in and not try and make it better for us, in other words if no one was there to change some of the wording on our side its a total loss to us! what is so hard to understand?

Peace

Jim

Then why bother to pander to them? U become a tool of the corrupt legislature and undermine ur standing in the patient community that is rightfully distrustful of a tiny group that dabbles in a legislative process for which they r only being used.

All it takes is a look at the way the bills were first presented, and what they read like now, to know the answer to your question. Go take a nap and you got what they presented at the beginning. Work smart and you get a tiny bend that might be the thing that keeps a few patients out of jail.

Maybe we could agree to disagree... Or maybe the MMMA's position could continue to be, "No Changes".

I understand your point. Problem is, CPU working with the Legislature, then the Leg can spin it like "We consulted with a large group of patients" or whatever, like the patients are okay with it, when we are not.

I think there should be at least one group fighting to keep the law the same.

As we try to go forward in Unity, I think maybe we could keep in mind that we are not always going to agree.

We most certainly will not always agree. But one thing everyone better understand stand is the score of the game. Some of you may not have been around this forum in the very early days of this law passing and even I cannot remember which leader said it but he/she was absolutely right (I think it was GregF) but he said, "We have passed the law, now the real fight begins to save it". We are now in the seventh inning of the first real battle.

I have mentioned it in this thread once already, but it is worth repeating. From our vantage point this has been an extreme roller coaster ride my friends. One day we think we have finally blown the doors off only to run smack into another one. The good thing that has happened is some of these Republican and Democrat reps have gotten to know some of the activists pretty well, even personally. The benefit of that is it is much harder to F#@k a friend in the #$$ than it is some nameless face. Is it enough? We are about to find out....

The law is not going to stay the same no matter what. Leo is telling the capitol that it doesn't work. The health Dept. is telling them it doesn't work as written. Patients are telling the state congress it doesn't work. Dispensary owners are complaining the law is flawed.

Do you get it yet? When everyone is going to congress to say a law isn't working, just like we as a community have done, then the legislature is going to make changes.

Maybe if everyone called or wrote their congressman/woman and told them the law was great and needed no changes, them we might have some ground to work on, but that isn't happening. However, everyone is doing just the opposite, pointing out the problems they see. The house and the senate are doing what they think will solve the problems that the MMJ community keeps bringing up.

Archived