Jackson Farmers Market

I agree with the market model just implemented a little differently. the books should be kept on glass, total transparency.

if the shyt went down, your gonna need the proof of non-profit to be in writing. otherwise it's just hot air leaving your mouth when your on the stand.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I plan on supporting that market when I can if it opens regardless of who operates it as long as it is in compliance with local law enforcement and it uses patient caregivers for supply . I can't spend enough to have a caregiver nor split my plants giving up the grow rights I need to have affordable non interrupted supply . What has been interpreted isn't working nor protecting all well meaning patients .

I wonder how the legislature can live with what happened to Sal Argo or the Lady who was arrested for selling cannabis cookies to a dieing cancer patient at cost or less up in Kalkaska and lost her 7 children . To everyone arrested that has been put in withdrawals from normal medications not given in jails , barbiturates , amphetamines and opiates . The women that died in Oakland County Jail who should of been in a hospital a year ago but they denied her to die in withdrawal's in jail comes to mind also . In her case she made a mistake but not worthy of being killed by the system . Someone has to stand up for the weakest among us to be fully protected . The bills currently in Lansing do not do any of that . None address continuance of care and discrimination occurring .

Federal Law should not be the standard of Law applied to Michigan Patients under a Michigan Program . Cannabis patients should be able to use this as medicine with the same rules as aspirin.or any other over the counter herbal product . Things seemed to be improving except in a few localities until 2010 - what changed ?

Just my opinion:

What changed was that a tidal wave of republicans descended on Lansing after the election in November 2010. Many who voted democratic for years foolishly believed the Tea Party and even more foolishly blamed Governor Jennifer Granholm and the democrats for the state of the economy.

What's scarier is not that so many republicans were voted into office in 2010 - it's scary that there are so many foolish people who believed (and swallowed hook, line, and sinker) a brilliant marketing ploy by the republicans...

Just ask yourself this question:

How many democratic members of the state legislature have introduced these anti-medical marijuana bills in Lansing?

Sorry to ramble. The coffee & cannabis is slowly kicking in to high gear...LOL

Mizerman

• 2 weeks later...

Good news!! I spoke with the landlord at the Jackson Farmers Market today. The issue that was brought to the city attorneys attention has been fully resolved. The Jackson Market is in full compliance with local and state laws. If you were a patient that used the market for safe access to your medicine, and were worried about your safety, worry no more. All is well in Jackson and things are back to normal. Although I have removed myself from being a vendor at the market due to difference of opinion, i couldnt be happier to be able make my 1000th post such a positive one! Thank you! Medcnman.

Good news!! I spoke with the landlord at the Jackson Farmers Market today. The issue that was brought to the city attorneys attention has been fully resolved. The Jackson Market is in full compliance with local and state laws. If you were a patient that used the market for safe access to your medicine, and were worried about your safety, worry no more. All is well in Jackson and things are back to normal. Although I have removed myself from being a vendor at the market due to difference of opinion, i couldnt be happier to be able make my 1000th post such a positive one! Thank you! Medcnman.

Hey Hey 1000 posts Cool! This is great news heard it before from Joe and this reconfirms that. I am really glad to see it is open.

well thank you

but when the ferndale place opened up they had the mayor and the city attorney blessings don't get me wrong am glad people can get their meds

well thank you

but when the ferndale place opened up they had the mayor and the city attorney blessings don't get me wrong am glad people can get their meds

And now the Jackson PA just said he is giving up and not running again. So Jackson will have a new PA soon. Time to see what options are there to vote in as PA

And now the Jackson PA just said he is giving up and not running again. So Jackson will have a new PA soon. Time to see what options are there to vote in as PA

Things may change then, but as for now, the city attorney and the PA are both aware of the market and have no intention of disturbing them. Medcnman.

I agree with the market model just implemented a little differently. the books should be kept on glass, total transparency.

if the shyt went down, your gonna need the proof of non-profit to be in writing. otherwise it's just hot air leaving your mouth when your on the stand.

How are you going to do it without incriminating individuals and creating evidence against them under Federal or State Law ? Remember the DEA is operating in conjunction with the IRS under a illogical supreme court ruling that states no expensing ( deductions ) for tax purposes period that have to do with the manafacturing and dispensation of cannabis . They would not recognize legal states with medical cannabis laws .

What your saying would require the Market to obtain a legal receipt with the business address of each vendor for every purchase made to give to poor patients the supply they were obtaining and keep track of who is vending . What could be done is patients aknowledge receiving it but again use or possession is illegal under Federal Law . Until the Federal Government recognizes the States abillity to have medical cannabis which our own State AG isn't that is often evidence of a severe felony at the Federal Level . When you have a conspiracy that involves more then 99 plants like the market does it is a mandatory 5 year minimum , but of course we can trust the State to be fair . Just ask anyone who has been arrested for distribution that was only helping a cancer or other qualified patient with genetics .

Almost all of us want to obey the law I get it , so do many in Law Enforcement and Government hence Jackson and Ann Arbor for example make accomodations under the reasonable intperpretation the markets are legal when Schuette and other prohibitionists do not .

Patients with legitimate need are living in fear under what is occuring . We expected the AG to support a legal set of rules that protected everyone under medical use and which facilitated everyone being able to obtain what they need . That in time the Federal Government would accomodate the change that is happening while preventing cannabis from illegal sources accessing patient supplies . Sadly prohibitionists and discrimination is holding everything up . When our country ended slavery the first Federal Rights Civl Act was in 1865 , then 1875 and not until 1964 did it take hold . I don't know how long it will take to end the discrimination and predjudice people have towards the use of this helpful plant for medical comfort as well as research for the treatment and curing of disease . But if one steps back it is pretty easy to see there is allot of it going on right now especially in the laws being drawn up to more clearly define arrest parameters when people have died from arrest , been denied proper health care they would of been given if not on the program and people are receiving unfair tax treatment . That can be easily ammended at the Federal Level by our Politicians supporting the Banrey Frank and Ron Paul bill . Then everything would fall in line around the whole Country where people are allowed to grow their own supply and transfer to those who either do not or cannot . Until then keeping records of activity is a perilous event and participants are caught in a catch 22 .

I do think the Market should strongly consider how important it is and pay taxes on 100% of the intake . However our movement is so poor and often terminal patients are in charge who make mistakes of choosing to help patients instead . There is nobody else doing it from the aspect of legal cannabis use .and we really don't know that hasn't been done or maybe even understand issues correctly but these are some of the problems we all face . No other medication has similar tax treatment why isn't our legislature making it clear no taxation on medication or medicinal items prescribed ( recommended ) in Michigan .

I never said it wasnt federally illegal. Anyone that possesses a card knows that the feds are a different story. Jackson has one of the largest State Police posts in Michigan just a few miles from the market. And still, no local problems. Medcnman.

I never said it wasnt federally illegal. Anyone that possesses a card knows that the feds are a different story. Jackson has one of the largest State Police posts in Michigan just a few miles from the market. And still, no local problems. Medcnman.

Maybe you can explain to us how you arrive at the conclusion that the market is in full complaince with state laws. Explain to us your theory on how transactions between caregivers and patients whom are UNconnected through the registry are safe under the current law.

Also explain what you mean by "safe access." Are you taking the position that no one can be arrested there and therefore they are safe or are you taking the position that you could be arrested but after going to court you would not be prosecuted?

The law protects you from arrest when engaging in transactions between connected cg and pt. So clear this up for everyone.

Maybe you can explain to us how you arrive at the conclusion that the market is in full compliance with state laws. Explain to us your theory on how transactions between caregivers and patients whom are UNconnected through the registry are safe under the current law.

Also explain what you mean by "safe access." Are you taking the position that no one can be arrested there and therefore they are safe or are you taking the position that you could be arrested but after going to court you would not be prosecuted?

The law protects you from arrest when engaging in transactions between connected cg and pt. So clear this up for everyone.

If there is a primary caregiver there must be a secondary ? The primary connected designation only applies to plant counts and medical use is allowed as defined between participants . The Mt Pleasant Ruling did not say PTP was illegal only it could not be conducted for remuneration . CTP CTC is now being conducted absent a ruling on it with remuneration for expenses which is legal . Personally I think anyone that includes a labor component will be found guilty of trying to profit and it is sad people have to wait for the courts to feel safe . They announced the Kalamazoo raid was to be a test case . Then they say they can't offer up a medical cannabis defense . Some people believe they should resist and offer these services in spite of the risks and patients have need but to directily answer you many people believe the broad definition of the Act under medical use that is protected allows for it and as I said the primary designation of connection only is intended to limit plant counts not protections involving " medical use " . People should consider their own situations , others layman intepretations could be wrong , prosecutors can feel different and the courts have the final say before acting .

Was the Jackson PA consulted or just the city attorney? There is a difference. The city attorney cannot prosecute under state criminal law. Only city ordinances. From mentioning the city atty I get the impression you are safe from a nuisance lawsuit but that's it.

Also, remember the Blue Water CC raids last year? Those were investigated for over a year before the raids. The local LEO, as interviewed by the media, didn't want the raid to occur and actually sounded like friends with the club owners. The regional drug task force acted ANYWAY! So, local blessings aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Also, keep in mind that the AG can prosecute under state criminal law and does NOT need local approval. For all we know they have had their hounds in the market making controlled buys, etc. You do realize that the AG has their OWN investigators and need not rely on MSP don't you?

Who cares what the Jackson pa has to say,,

The Local DEA HUNT TNT ect. Are multi-jurisdictional law enforcement groups And they do have special prosecutors to send in if the local PA does not act they way they want them to,

Just remember that if you a vendor at any Market..

this is how they work multi-jurisdictional remember that word,

here are some facts http://www.miseasons.com/womentoday/maria-barton.html

Barton, who, in her role as special prosecutor for SANE (Straits Area Narcotics Enforcement team), keeps a finger on the pulse of the region’s drug activity.

region’s drug activity. remember this word region

special prosecutor remember that word also,,

They were still arrested, had to go to jail, and court and incurred a lot of legal fees, as well as having all their stuff confiscated.

Which is why I want to know what this supposed "safe access" means. Sounds like a marketing ploy to me. Don't tell me I'm safe unless you know that for certain. To me, safe doesn't mean being dragged through the system. Safe means 1 cg with up to 5 patients with the required connection through the registry.

Which is why I want to know what this supposed "safe access" means. Sounds like a marketing ploy to me. Don't tell me I'm safe unless you know that for certain. To me, safe doesn't mean being dragged through the system. Safe means 1 cg with up to 5 patients with the required connection through the registry.

Well said...I agree.

Was the Jackson PA consulted or just the city attorney? There is a difference. The city attorney cannot prosecute under state criminal law. Only city ordinances. From mentioning the city atty I get the impression you are safe from a nuisance lawsuit but that's it.

Also, remember the Blue Water CC raids last year? Those were investigated for over a year before the raids. The local LEO, as interviewed by the media, didn't want the raid to occur and actually sounded like friends with the club owners. The regional drug task force acted ANYWAY! So, local blessings aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Also, keep in mind that the AG can prosecute under state criminal law and does NOT need local approval. For all we know they have had their hounds in the market making controlled buys, etc. You do realize that the AG has their OWN investigators and need not rely on MSP don't you?

Guess it's a good thing you don't have to go to the market. As far as me going, I really don't care if you like it or not. Your attempts to scare people away are not as effective as you hoped I would say.

Archived