Michael Komorn’S Response To False Allegations And The Future Of The Mmma

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although the words escape me, I will attempt to express my thoughts.

My personal feelings is that this entire issue should have been dealt with sometime ago on more professorial level.

Although I have not had the pleasure of meeting ether of the parties involved. I can say that I held you both in high esteem.

In an odd sorta of way this issue as it has been presented to the public had served to add a tad of transparency to the inner workings of MMMA

Sadly it had to be an airing of grievances. Let us take this opportunity to reflect on our failures and begin to strive toward being all we can be.

As a patient and a caregiver I can honestly say we need MMMA to represent our cause. That being our right to medicate and to cultivate in relative safety of our homes or that of another patient's.

To be free of the fear of our homes being invaded by leo. To deal with our illnesses in a personable way with others via a sharing of our meds in a manner that allows each party dignity, charity and love.

The MMMA should not be a place for egos or personal agenda's With that said let us stop wasting time on this issue and get back to the business at hand DEFENDING our law!

My personal feelings is that this entire issue should have been dealt with sometime ago on more professorial level.

Although I have not had the pleasure of meeting ether of the parties involved. I can say that I held you both in high esteem.

In an odd sorta of way this issue as it has been presented to the public had served to add a tad of transparency to the inner workings of MMMA

Sadly it had to be an airing of grievances. Let us take this opportunity to reflect on our failures and begin to strive toward being all we can be.

As a patient and a caregiver I can honestly say we need MMMA to represent our cause. That being our right to medicate and to cultivate in relative safety of our homes or that of another patient's.

To be free of the fear of our homes being invaded by leo. To deal with our illnesses in a personable way with others via a sharing of our meds in a manner that allows each party dignity, charity and love.

The MMMA should not be a place for egos or personal agenda's With that said let us stop wasting time on this issue and get back to the business at hand DEFENDING our law!

I think we all can agree to that Freddy.

Sadly it had to be an airing of grievances.

Plus, there should be some kind of "feats of strength" and maybe some kind of cage match on pay-per-view.

As I have just scanned the forums for the latest news all I see more comments concerning this issue.

Ohh how it grieves me to see this distracting us from our mission. This my friends is our weakest moment!

We can not afford to continue this debate on who is right or wrong. Or to allow this to divide us!

No matter who you may support I say let the cards fall where they may. And in time the issue will speak for it's self.

My mother taught me that it will all come out in the wash.

It is what it is and will be what it will be. Until then lets get back to our mission!

Welcome back, Skip. We've missed you.

If only I knew who Herbert Reyes is, perhaps I could say the same thing.

From the perspective of my wife:

When they said, "It's all about the patients", it kind of reminds me of when politicians talk about helping out the middle class, the poor, and the disabled here in America...while at the exact time they plan and plot to destroy those very segments of society. I call those people hypocrites. The MMMA "was" nothing but a bunch of hypocrites for alienating two patients.

Her words - not mine.

Now? Let's see how much things change or how much they remain the same...

Maybe she and I will call-in to the show tomorrow night?

Mizerman

p.s. anyone know a good bankruptcy lawyer to represent us? we're listed as creditors on a case where someone/a corporation is trying to file Chapter 7

As I have just scanned the forums for the latest news all I see more comments concerning this issue.

Ohh how it grieves me to see this distracting us from our mission. This my friends is our weakest moment!

We can not afford to continue this debate on who is right or wrong. Or to allow this to divide us!

No matter who you may support I say let the cards fall where they may. And in time the issue will speak for it's self.

My mother taught me that it will all come out in the wash.

It is what it is and will be what it will be. Until then lets get back to our mission!

You had to expect this to be a topic for at least a week or so. I see alot of names of good people that disappeared. I thought they just walked off but now im finding they were banned. These members need to get some things off their chests Give this a little more time FF. This too shall pass. I agree it was bad timing but doo doo occurs. Hang in there my friend, it will smooth over soon enough. Thanks, Medcnman.

My heart is aching so badly over this. I am very sad. I have questions, too, but doubt I can call the show. What's this Thursday night thing now, did the show change days? See how out of touch I am here. It wasn't an easy decision to walk away and become such a stranger to this community which I Love very Deeply.

I wish I could help Bb. I hope someone can, it likely won't be me. If I could I'd call him, if he'd listen to me. I wouldn't scold him or accuse him, I just wanna hear his side and ask WHY, because, from what I can recall of things he's said, some things just do not add up, especially after reading Michael's post. I'm not taking sides, I just wanna know the Truth, as we all do. It'll all come out in the wash, as others said. All I can do is read messages and hope my Intuition can get through to me about this. I have his # but can't afford to call and I don't use Fb. If I thought he'd reply to me, I'd send an e-mail, but first I have to collect my thoughts and try to sort through my feelings. Enough has been said here and in other places, I don't wanna drag this out here so this will likely be my last post about this subject. I wanna get back to focusing on the main goals of this site.

What I can say for certain is, the stress, illnesses, prescribed medicines, and poor nutrition, have combined to seriously affect Bb's thinking. It could happen to ANYONE. Since I've been here, I've seen some conflicting messages from Bb, which really has me confused.

I say all this with deep concern and caring, as a friend, as well as a someone who's very involved in Wholistic health. Between the toxic waste people consume every day, plus the toxic mind control and pressure we're all enduring, it's enough to make anyone snap. It doesn't matter how strong someone is, it can get to anyone. It breaks my heart to see anyone have to deal with all the crap we're being forced to put up with form our so called leaders, with their greed, fear mongering, and deception they spew out constantly. It's enough to make anyone sick, physically, mentally, emotionally- heart, mind, body, soul & spirit.

This world is so devoid of Compassion, it's amazing more people don't crack under the weight of it all.

Thanks Michael for your message. I don't knowo abut this show on Thurs. nites, as you know I rarely come here.

There's so much I wanna say but I am too shocked and sad right now. So many times I asked for unity and cooperation, too. The drama got too intense for me, I left to find other things to do, kept my account, just to peek in occasionally and discuss letters defending our law. I Love you all very much.

I wish only healing for this community including for Bb. Be well, happy, safe, and free

Sincerely Sb :wub:

This situation certainly has brought sadness into my heart. I knew joe from the farmers market as a kind hearted gentleman who provided free rick simpson oil to me on multiple occasions because I previously had cancer. I will never forget that generosity I'm sorry others had to see another side of him. We are all flawed..

thank you MK for your response,we poor members are trying to make some sense out of the mayhem that's been handed to us.i think for a lot of us,our loyalty doesn't lay so much with the leader of the MMMA but with the MMMA cause...many of us who didn't get along with Joe stayed here,paid our membership dues and helped the cause as best we could...and our only ambition was to be able to get through another day and MMJ helps us with that.the MMMA is nothing with out the voice of its members and no leader is greater than the cause we fight for..i hope that we all can all find common ground to make a united stance against those who would wish us gone....bp

Thanks Michael, I know you had zero obligation to share that information with everyone in a open forum. It was a real stand up thing to do for the community seeing how many people were at a loss for words at what had transpired. Some still are in the clouds, But they don't know it's safe up there you can focus better without distractions.

I wish the best for Joe and Yourself, you have a great team and community here and I see good things in the future for the MMMA.

Trix

:bong2:

Is the MMMA a not for profit or not ? Also was a independent audit done so we all know the bs from the bs? We see Joe's BS, and now we see your BS, so who are we to believe ? If being ran as a not for profit who is the 3 board members and what checks and balances are in place so we know what funds the mmma does bring in is not under the control of 1 person and just ripped off?

We have your story and we have Joe's so to whom are we to believe? At this point I don't believe either of ya so maybe a independent audit is in order here and the books opened. But then if this is not a not for profit then you guys can make the cash and keep it at will and we have no business asking for the books.So the answer to that question could answer this one.

Thank you for finally saying something tho a bit late it seems as the damage is already done in my eyes.

I am still confused ,but it is nice to see people returning , this organization in my mind was always to represent the entire medical cannabis community in the State . I cannot think of a worse time with all the legislation in Lansing to be without leadership .Joe Cain was the one person with a viewpoint that was standing against dispensary interests for the individual caregivers and patients in spite of his failures to tolerate those he felt were disruptive . I believe in the end this was his undoing . Obviously his reputation and that of the MMMA has been severely damaged .and now there is no voice in Lansing to represent the MMMA or the Farmers Market concept with open access for patients separate from the black market .. Without the Farmers Markets being recognized as legal along with transfers between qualified cardholders half a transaction is always illegal with someone at risk of arrest . Those in Law enforcement and wanting dispensaries are seizing on this to either shut us down or lock up distribution under very restrictive regulation that will inflate cost and reduce access. Even the Judiciary committee has discussed creating artificially high pricing to control patients use and dosing .

. I hope and pray our community does not loose track of how important the Farmers Market concept is to provide safer , less expensive access for patients and a cash market to support those creating supply necessary for a working system . There is no doubt a single caregiver relationship can not provide adequate non interrupted supply or safe access for patients whom are sick and unable to evaluate individuals in private

. Mr Cain took on immense personal risk at a time when the McQueen ruling appeared to have eliminated a legal source of distribution . For someone that spoke of never leaving anyone behind he surely is alone now in ruin and this organization is set back having to rebuild trust . I doubt any CEO search will find someone after seeing what has happened with the criminality involved around the edges who is willing to stand up for individual caregivers and patients interests as the proper path for both groups is not the most profitable . .

It hurts me to see how criminality has effected a process like employment termination . It also hurts me to see how many people have been destroyed financially pursuing cannabis businesses that never had the demographics to be profitable under the act and how that keeps effecting the patient communities direction . Prohibition meanwhile remains very profitable for those that are positioned to administer it while wasting vast amounts of taxpayer money from subsidized Governmental policy . Policy that fails to treat a medical situation effectively - it just punishes , harms and creates fear leading to irrational behaviors .It opens the door for criminal enterprises to exploit individuals in the black market .

MK JC and all the MMMA members and supporters are in my prayers and I am sure better days are ahead for all of us and time will heal these wounds especially with a more open and non censured community returning . Illness and injury sadly can destabilize the best of individuals for short periods of time and there are always those that will not understand , give breathing room or forgive . Sometimes there just isn't time . We asked to much of Mr Cain who was considered totally and permanently disabled already . He offered because he knew the need to end the injustice of denying cannabis in medicine and caging patients for it while their simply seeking comfort the medical system cannot provide in our times otherwise for so many involved was necessary . The negatives of the last few days should not distract from that long term mission for all of us nor our gratitude for his positive contributions as well as Mr Komorns .

Is the MMMA a not for profit or not ? Also was a independent audit done so we all know the bs from the bs? We see Joe's BS, and now we see your BS, so who are we to believe ? If being ran as a not for profit who is the 3 board members and what checks and balances are in place so we know what funds the mmma does bring in is not under the control of 1 person and just ripped off?

We have your story and we have Joe's so to whom are we to believe? At this point I don't believe either of ya so maybe a independent audit is in order here and the books opened. But then if this is not a not for profit then you guys can make the cash and keep it at will and we have no business asking for the books.So the answer to that question could answer this one.

Thank you for finally saying something tho a bit late it seems as the damage is already done in my eyes.

A charity files a tax Form 990, 990-EZ, 990-N, or 990-PF. If you ask them for a copy, they are obligated to provide one!

I had this very question a few years back. I won't publish my findings or the emails that transpired over the question, but here are a few links to begin your search if an answer is not received. ;)

http://www.irs.gov/charities/article/0,,id=249767,00.html (searchable database from IRS)

REGARDING MICHIGAN "nonprofit"

Due to a change in the law regarding nonprofit organizations, the Department of Treasury no longer has an application for exemption process. Organizations exempted by statute, organizations granted exemption from Federal Income Tax under Internal Revenue Code Section 501©(3) or 501©(4) or organizations that had previously received an exemption letter from this division are entitled to sales and use tax exemption. A copy of the federal exemption letter or a letter previously issued by this department must accompany a completed Michigan Sales and Use Tax Certificate of Exemption, form 3372.

Contact the Department of Treasury, Single Business Tax Division (517) 636-4700 to determine if the organization will be exempt from the state Single Business Tax.

If the non-profit organization is soliciting funds from the public, it should be registered with the Attorney General's Charitable Trust Division at (517) 373-1152.

Overtime I had wondered what was going on here. Why some people left. Had no idea that they were banned. Of course some of these folks probably are total jackasses but I suspect some are decent folks, that will sort itself out.

I think we have to discover the definition of effective leadership. I think Joe worked hard but he also defined the rules of the game too much by hiding behind the idea of helping patients. This should not have been mixed in with the organization or it's funds. If it and the farmers market had zero involvement with this group then fine but by mixing activities under scrutiny with the public club it creates issues. Issues like the ones dealing with money. Or the feds. Money should be as transparent as possible to avoid people guessing what another is doing. Any of you out there can think of an area where that works out? He also did not like the idea of changing the mmj law in Mi preferring to let people go to court over its vagueness. Instead now we have people other than the mmj users having undue and negative influence on the bills. I think that was wrong. When you head an organization you direct where the organization is going. I think that got intermixed with the activity of the farmers market and such.

If people were banned for disagreeing with him that is a shame.

Overtime I had wondered what was going on here. Why some people left. Had no idea that they were banned. Of course some of these folks probably are total jackasses but I suspect some are decent folks, that will sort itself out.

I think we have to discover the definition of effective leadership. I think Joe worked hard but he also defined the rules of the game too much by hiding behind the idea of helping patients. This should not have been mixed in with the organization or it's funds. If it and the farmers market had zero involvement with this group then fine but by mixing activities under scrutiny with the public club it creates issues. Issues like the ones dealing with money. Or the feds. Money should be as transparent as possible to avoid people guessing what another is doing. Any of you out there can think of an area where that works out? He also did not like the idea of changing the mmj law in Mi preferring to let people go to court over its vagueness. Instead now we have people other than the mmj users having undue and negative influence on the bills. I think that was wrong. When you head an organization you direct where the organization is going. I think that got intermixed with the activity of the farmers market and such.

If people were banned for disagreeing with him that is a shame.

literally thousands were banned under the former regime. disagree or ask a tough question and off the farm you went! really was sickening. IMO, words work better than a ban button

My heart is aching so badly over this. I am very sad. I have questions, too, but doubt I can call the show. What's this Thursday night thing now, did the show change days? See how out of touch I am here. It wasn't an easy decision to walk away and become such a stranger to this community which I Love very Deeply.

I wish I could help Bb. I hope someone can, it likely won't be me. If I could I'd call him, if he'd listen to me. I wouldn't scold him or accuse him, I just wanna hear his side and ask WHY, because, from what I can recall of things he's said, some things just do not add up, especially after reading Michael's post. I'm not taking sides, I just wanna know the Truth, as we all do. It'll all come out in the wash, as others said. All I can do is read messages and hope my Intuition can get through to me about this. I have his # but can't afford to call and I don't use Fb. If I thought he'd reply to me, I'd send an e-mail, but first I have to collect my thoughts and try to sort through my feelings. Enough has been said here and in other places, I don't wanna drag this out here so this will likely be my last post about this subject. I wanna get back to focusing on the main goals of this site.

What I can say for certain is, the stress, illnesses, prescribed medicines, and poor nutrition, have combined to seriously affect Bb's thinking. It could happen to ANYONE. Since I've been here, I've seen some conflicting messages from Bb, which really has me confused.

I say all this with deep concern and caring, as a friend, as well as a someone who's very involved in Wholistic health. Between the toxic waste people consume every day, plus the toxic mind control and pressure we're all enduring, it's enough to make anyone snap. It doesn't matter how strong someone is, it can get to anyone. It breaks my heart to see anyone have to deal with all the crap we're being forced to put up with form our so called leaders, with their greed, fear mongering, and deception they spew out constantly. It's enough to make anyone sick, physically, mentally, emotionally- heart, mind, body, soul & spirit.

This world is so devoid of Compassion, it's amazing more people don't crack under the weight of it all.

Thanks Michael for your message. I don't knowo abut this show on Thurs. nites, as you know I rarely come here.

There's so much I wanna say but I am too shocked and sad right now. So many times I asked for unity and cooperation, too. The drama got too intense for me, I left to find other things to do, kept my account, just to peek in occasionally and discuss letters defending our law. I Love you all very much.

I wish only healing for this community including for Bb. Be well, happy, safe, and free

Sincerely Sb :wub:

Silverblue! Its so nice to see you on here, I was hoping you were still here. I was just thinking the other day about the beautiful picture you showed me and the thank you note you gave me when you left on the bus. It meant so much to me I still have your note on my dresser. I hope you are well and I really hope we will see eachother again someday. Just want to say you are a very special person and I feel lucky that I got to spend time with you that day :D

Archived