Michael Komorn’S Response To False Allegations And The Future Of The Mmma

I liked reading this Malamute. You kept a civil tongue and I sure do appreciate that. Instead of feeling upset when reading this I got to know CPU a bit better. I hope others follow your lead and I hope at your site the bashing of the MMMA and the members here will stop. I am very interested in getting to know CPU through CPU members and not what has been said here. We do need to stop attacking each other and learn from each other instead.

I like the idea of the personal contact along with writing snail mail letters and it has been talked about here before. I think in one of Cannamomma, Whitney's, threads, and others. I do differ in my opinion however about the protest.

Personally I like seeing people return as long as it isn't a bashing session but one that speaks of reaching out to each other. We are all wanting the same thing when it comes right down to it no matter how we get there. Welcome back!

First off, CPU has absolutely zero problem with any rally done by anybody for whatever reason they feel they need to. Whether CPU is officially involved in said form of political activism does not mean members of CPU will not attend or have not attended protests in the past. I can actually say CPU members have spoke for example at the September 7th rally. Just because members are not required to express their membership to CPU publicly, does not mean they aren't all around you fighting the good fight and doing the good work. CPU does not claim to represent anyone but ourselves. We are patients, caregivers, physicians, Attorneys and professionals in various fields of expertise. We believe EVERYONE should contact their Representatives and let them know their own individual perspectives. We encourage everyone to redress their government because it is a First Ammendment Right guaranteed by the Constitution and we would NEVER imagine to try to curb that right for ANYONE, including ourselves. Nor would i expect others to try to curb our Rights to redress our government. Redressing your government is done in many forms and i take no offense in disagreement with our message, but i will never allow anyone to take away CPU's right to do exactly what we do.

I will not attack your rally, but i may offer suggestions i think may help. I expect the same courtesy when it comes to our Advocacy. Do not attack us, but please offer suggestions you think may help.

And to clear up a fallacy that lingers obviously from the delusions of grandeur propagated from these sacred threads, the September 7th rally did not delay those bills in any form or fashion. To think that is to then accept a falsity as your basis for proceding. A fatal flaw to be made. That rally accomplished many things, but it actually accelerated the process. It is what it is and that is NOT a criticism of the rally. That is just a factual truth.

Now, may i ask you exactly what is CPU's plan of action? You seem to have this all figured out, yet i know it has not been laid out publicly for anyone in any specific form. So i was just wondering if you could enlighten me on that topic?

CPU opposes these bills as is. Simple as that. We have never wavered from our positions when advocating in Lansing on this front. We Oppose HB 4834. We oppose HB 4851. We Oppose HB 4856. There has been no stronger or successful defender of the current Act than ourselves. Even 3MA has offered language for a distribution model that would have taken 75% to pass thus intruding on the Act. CPU has never originated a bill to attempt to change the Act. When this set of "Walsh Bills" were introduced there were 8 bills. That number has dropped to 4. I do hope you don;t think that just happened magicly. Twas no tooth fairy that instigated the removal of those 4 bills. Of the 4 bills left, we have neutered as much of the language as we can so far and even up to this second we are ringing phones, setting up meetings, and contacting representatives in an attempt to further neuter the bills if possible, gain a proper affirmative defense that will actually work, completely oppose HB 4834, fix the language in 4856 and still oppose it, and generally, do whatever we can to either stop or neuter any and all of these bills. You can disagree with our approach, but it has been well thought out and passed through some of the most respected people and minds in our community. There is no magic bullet to stop these republicans. The election of 2010 was a real b!tch indeed.

Moving on, If these bills do pass the house yes it s&cks C&ck. Yeppem, dam skippy my friend. That is kinda a No $h!t comment. So what will you do to help stop these bills or neuter them to save patients? Have a rally? Coolio. Go for it. Rock it out and make it a good one. Glad to offer some pointers, but my suggestions have never been listened to before round these parts, so i suspect you all can handle it fine and dandy. CPU is taking a different approach and that is to directly speak with as many as we can from the democratic caucus to oppose HB 4834. That is obviously the most detrimental of the bills.

I suggest and recommend everyone should be calling, writing, emailing and meeting your representatives in person and recommending to them to please vote against HB 4834. Sure vote against the rest too, they suck as well, but i think we need to focus the democrats to stand up for themselves at least once this session of the Legislature and win one for their caucus. The Republicans are running rough shod through the Legislature and we need the democrats to sack up and vote against HB 4834.

That's about it for now.

I will still post in the other thread a longer detailed description of CPU and what we do. I have been waiting for the forum to calm down a bit and make the bridge from the past.

I am glad to see knowledge and openness being shared again on this forum. It is something i have missed since i left the 3MA and resigned as staff and site administrator. This is the first post i have posted as Malamute on this site in 2 years.

Hey howdy all you buggers. Nice to see the iron fist couldn;t keep the rabble rousers down forever.

:-)

Welcome back..I look forward to good discussions , knowledge and openness as well..it's been a long time coming..Glad to see you! AK

hey Krusty, they are posted over at MCP as you likely well know. Your emails to Malamute included the screen shots, didn't they? You are silly...lmfao...

nope Mal never sent me crap and what is MCP??? I don't troll weed sites so have no clue what they have posted and could careless. I just know mal has no screen shots of me threatening anyone, ever..... He's refereeing to my comment that folks may come calling in the night Of which I stated I don't condone such things. But when you F with folks life then best not be thinking some folks won't take this to heart. Just facts of life if you guys like it or not.....

No just more of your guys BS as normal.

Again this thread is about the books and getting the mmma back on track of which you have no place in the discussions as you guys are not members of the mmma...

You guys at CP who?? have done nothing but bad mouth the mmma for sometime from what I know, so now your back doing the same again. This was the reason Joe booted up guys out to begin with. I had no part in that either.But helped clean up the mess afterwards and it seems the site will go back to the same flamming BS while our law gets shredded......

Fact is this. A protest will do no good after the vote and had little chance of doing anything BEFORE the vote. Deals have been struck so unless we put half the state on that lawn we are wasting our time.

Cats out of the bag now and no one should have been helping them change the law period. Only thing that hill should be hearing from us as patients is NO PERIOD......

Not, lets make deals, lets make deals........

Don't think we've heard anything, BUT NO, out of the mmma and Joe. Well, that and

sick people, sick people, sick people....

Water under the bridge now so cat is out of the bag.

For now we will wait and the out come, I feel,,,, will not be good.....

Now back to the issue at hand, a audit and answers to the not for profit question. Joe posted a email from Michael saying they are not, so question is still not cleared up. If not then what happened to any money if there even was any is a non issue I would think.

First off, CPU has absolutely zero problem with any rally done by anybody for whatever reason they feel they need to. Whether CPU is officially involved in said form of political activism does not mean members of CPU will not attend or have not attended protests in the past. I can actually say CPU members have spoke for example at the September 7th rally. Just because members are not required to express their membership to CPU publicly, does not mean they aren't all around you fighting the good fight and doing the good work. CPU does not claim to represent anyone but ourselves. We are patients, caregivers, physicians, Attorneys and professionals in various fields of expertise. We believe EVERYONE should contact their Representatives and let them know their own individual perspectives. We encourage everyone to redress their government because it is a First Ammendment Right guaranteed by the Constitution and we would NEVER imagine to try to curb that right for ANYONE, including ourselves. Nor would i expect others to try to curb our Rights to redress our government. Redressing your government is done in many forms and i take no offense in disagreement with our message, but i will never allow anyone to take away CPU's right to do exactly what we do.

I will not attack your rally, but i may offer suggestions i think may help. I expect the same courtesy when it comes to our Advocacy. Do not attack us, but please offer suggestions you think may help.

And to clear up a fallacy that lingers obviously from the delusions of grandeur propagated from these sacred threads, the September 7th rally did not delay those bills in any form or fashion. To think that is to then accept a falsity as your basis for proceding. A fatal flaw to be made. That rally accomplished many things, but it actually accelerated the process. It is what it is and that is NOT a criticism of the rally. That is just a factual truth.

Now, may i ask you exactly what is CPU's plan of action? You seem to have this all figured out, yet i know it has not been laid out publicly for anyone in any specific form. So i was just wondering if you could enlighten me on that topic?

CPU opposes these bills as is. Simple as that. We have never wavered from our positions when advocating in Lansing on this front. We Oppose HB 4834. We oppose HB 4851. We Oppose HB 4856. There has been no stronger or successful defender of the current Act than ourselves. Even 3MA has offered language for a distribution model that would have taken 75% to pass thus intruding on the Act. CPU has never originated a bill to attempt to change the Act. When this set of "Walsh Bills" were introduced there were 8 bills. That number has dropped to 4. I do hope you don;t think that just happened magicly. Twas no tooth fairy that instigated the removal of those 4 bills. Of the 4 bills left, we have neutered as much of the language as we can so far and even up to this second we are ringing phones, setting up meetings, and contacting representatives in an attempt to further neuter the bills if possible, gain a proper affirmative defense that will actually work, completely oppose HB 4834, fix the language in 4856 and still oppose it, and generally, do whatever we can to either stop or neuter any and all of these bills. You can disagree with our approach, but it has been well thought out and passed through some of the most respected people and minds in our community. There is no magic bullet to stop these republicans. The election of 2010 was a real b!tch indeed.

Moving on, If these bills do pass the house yes it s&cks C&ck. Yeppem, dam skippy my friend. That is kinda a No $h!t comment. So what will you do to help stop these bills or neuter them to save patients? Have a rally? Coolio. Go for it. Rock it out and make it a good one. Glad to offer some pointers, but my suggestions have never been listened to before round these parts, so i suspect you all can handle it fine and dandy. CPU is taking a different approach and that is to directly speak with as many as we can from the democratic caucus to oppose HB 4834. That is obviously the most detrimental of the bills.

I suggest and recommend everyone should be calling, writing, emailing and meeting your representatives in person and recommending to them to please vote against HB 4834. Sure vote against the rest too, they suck as well, but i think we need to focus the democrats to stand up for themselves at least once this session of the Legislature and win one for their caucus. The Republicans are running rough shod through the Legislature and we need the democrats to sack up and vote against HB 4834.

That's about it for now.

I will still post in the other thread a longer detailed description of CPU and what we do. I have been waiting for the forum to calm down a bit and make the bridge from the past.

I am glad to see knowledge and openness being shared again on this forum. It is something i have missed since i left the 3MA and resigned as staff and site administrator. This is the first post i have posted as Malamute on this site in 2 years.

Hey howdy all you buggers. Nice to see the iron fist couldn;t keep the rabble rousers down forever.

I am on several email groupings, tools of activism that give instant communication to the state’s cannabis reform leadership, who then take the information and pass the message along. We knew, from the Michigan.gov website, that the House Judiciary Committee was going to meet on the 29th to take up the question of the package of bills aimed at changing the Medical Marihuana Act (MMA). What we didn’t know was the nature and subject of the meeting, or that they would be voting on the bills. Last night after 5PM Chairman Walsh sent out an email to the Judiciary Committee members and interested parties containing the proposed changes to the bills, which were passed in a Committee meeting that began today at 8:30AM. Is this the best we can do? Are these actions in the best interest of the people?

The lack of advance notice is reprehensible. The Committee has heard enough from the public, apparently, and required that any additional input from the citizens, the voters, the people who sign their paychecks, be delivered in writing. 30 copies delivered by 8:30 or your words are ignored. There are no oral presentations from citizens on the House floor. How does one prepare a written response to changes in these bills when those changes are announced less than 24 hours before the meeting? Citizens of Livonia, this is how Walsh, the man you chose to represent you, conducts business.

What of the Committee members, whose vote was recorded today? They have three bills to evaluate, to read and understand and cast their vote on, with very little time to evaluate or to seek advice. The proposed changes were not published, not on the Internet, they were not made available to the general public unless they showed up in Lansing at 8:30 and read the printed versions. The Internet source is on a special mailing list not available to the public and properly shared this information with the compassionate community. Is it good government, is good law being created, when the veil of secrecy is cloaked about the proceedings in this way? Expedience at the expense of transparency is contradictory to the Constitution.

Those changes that were adopted today: are they the result of input from citizens or are they further manipulations of the House by special interest groups? When last the House heard from patients and concerned citizens, there were nine

issues wrapped up in three bills, and only three of those issues would make it easier for patients to register and survive in Michigan. Of those three, only one remains in a positive form in the bills passed today.

The Prosecuting Attorneys have more power than the people in our state. One of the proposed changes, which every patient and advocate who testified in the House agreed with and supported, was to force the court system to allow juries to hear the medical marijuana defense in Section 8 cases. That has been altered to reflect language submitted by the ACLU; resistance from the Prosecuting Attorneys Association of Michigan will make it difficult to receive the ¾ majority vote required to change the MMA unless they give a nod of approval. Voter approved, Prosecutor rejected. Special interests win.

Placing photographs on the ID cards for patients and caregivers received a mostly favorable response from the people during the time we were allowed to give testimony. The ease with which the Secretary of State could transfer an image from their department to LARA for purposes of creating valid cards is real and was detailed in previous testimony. The new version of HB 4834 requires patients and caregivers to provide two copies of their photo, on their own, with no help from your driver’s license. Why two copies? One for the card and one for their records. Patients might provide a picture without the proper size, or dimensions, or that features a hat or sunglasses. Each of these issues will cause the application to be rejected and impede the registration process, which is the real goal here. Make it difficult for people to get cards and they’ll stop registering, which again services the special interest groups demanding a reduction in the number of enrollees in the MMA.

Making the program a mandatory 2 year registration is a good thing- it gives sick people less hassle and their medical condition isn’t likely to change in 2 years. HB 4834 creates the 2 year registration system but does not prevent LARA from doubling the fees. Sick people on a fixed disability income are having trouble meeting the $100 annual requirement for maintaining your MMA status; if LARA doubles the fees, which they WILL do as soon as they can get away with it, the MMA will be too pricey for the people it was designed to protect. Another move designed to reduce the number of registrants in the MMA.

The House bills raise new issues, too, including one that would force LARA to hear testimony for adding new ailments to the list of qualifying conditions- despite Sen. Jones’ attempt to remove glaucoma from it. Read my blog next week and the remaining changes proposed by these bills will be examined. For links to the complete text of the Committee-approved House bills, visit:

By Rick Thompson

Edited by bobandtorey

Having worked with Mal for over a year, this is typical of the level of discussion he holds. Calm, well thought through, and accurate. It was the type of discussion that was banned from this site, and that attitude is still seen in the lingering 'werewolves' left by the former leaders here. Fortunately, many folks like Mal have decided to return to contribute to this community, and it will be a better community for it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, personal attacks against folks because of their point of view simply reflect the weakness of your argument. If your only way of voicing your differences with a point of view is by attacking the individual or group expressing that point of view, you need to rethink your position and/or study the subject and positions or your entire posting is irrelevant.

Dr. Bob

Could you please explain this? It is hard for me to believe...

I have never hated you Malamute or anyone else, I worry that you folks at the CPU are playing with fire but we will probably never know for sure. I have little doubt you have anything but the best of intentions and I respect/appreciate your dedication. I just worry.

Edited by purklize

Yeah it's sad as this is not what the site was made for and is the only reason it's came this far. They can call me all the names they want or try to spin it off track as the plan seems to be which makes me wonder. Should make all of you folks wonder. Matters not I guess as money always trumps everything else. The site and mmma will fail as it seems it's all about the money,,,, all about the money.......

Like I said, " no response, interesting,hmmmmmm"..............................

no offense, but that is what I have heard for the better part of a year now, and I think I have heard enough of it for a lifetime. And I do not think this movement can afford to lose any able willing mind/body that will stand up in this fight we have coming.

On that note, I believe the 3MA Staff will have finale call on who is welcomed to be a part of this community, thank you.

That's about it for now.

I know I haven't been here much either. But....I am reallllly glad to see you here Mal!

no offense, but that is what I have heard for the better part of a year now, and I think I have heard enough of it for a lifetime. And I do not think this movement can afford to lose any able willing mind/body that will stand up in this fight we have coming.

On that note, I believe the 3MA Staff will have finale call on who is welcomed to be a part of this community, thank you.

Haha, isn't that a bit hypocritical? Maybe a bit ironic? In one breath/paragraph you talk about what you've heard for the better part of a year. In the next breath/paragraph you say the staff will have the final call on who is welcome. That's what I'VE heard for the better part of TWO years here.

Haha, isn't that a bit hypocritical? Maybe a bit ironic? In one breath/paragraph you talk about what you've heard for the better part of a year. In the next breath/paragraph you say the staff will have the final call on who is welcome. That's what I'VE heard for the better part of TWO years here.

A lot of people have been really trying to push the staff..I am not referencing you but please understand we are adapting to the changes as well, and try to cut us a break. AK

That's not what I was relating to at all SFC.

Just that this issue is most probably not available for public discussions, As the QuietOne noted...

as Far as the site and my statement, I am sure their are many here as members, that would like to see other members gone, or not allowed to post or even maintain a membership. And I am sure I am included somewhere on someones list.

So, lets say we all got our wish, and got to remove everyone we didnt like from our personal lists from the 3MA membership?

I think much of humanity, but in my lifetime, something tells me if we were to do that, this would be a rather lonely and desolate website before too long.

We have to find a way to work together with our different persona's, or we will be forever tripping over each other as we try to fight Goliath.

this will be a temptuous effort on all levels is all. We all are trying to make things fit into a picture we can look at and understand. this week is already far far better than last week, and if things continue on, next week, most of the rest of this stuff will likely get more accurate information. Right now all there is on many levels is speculations that I myself have been directly told, showed the presumed evidence, and all it proved to me is nothing except Joe is broke. Hell I'm broke too, welcome to my life atm. The other thing I come to find out is the 3MA has been apparently operating on a shoe string budget, and often that string was broke as well.

So here we are, lost in some info none of us can be sure of on any level, but if my word as a person means anything to anyone, the only theft I could see, is the theft of time that has been stolen from this movement by a person that for whatever reason, felt the need to cause more harm than good. and that is something I still have to question....

Believe me when I say, If I refuse to allow my name to be attached willynilly to an accusation of a theft of any amount from a NPO by anyone without absolute, definitive evidence, then you can bet I would be at the front of the line to correct the issue if evidence was to show otherwise.

I'm so tired of seeing how un-unified we still seem to be after nearly 2 years since I've joined. It's old. No one will agree with everything all the time but we all have something we CAN agree on, which is why we're all here- to Protect Our Law.

So there are people who don't like each other, that happens everywhere, but we still need to work together as a Team. (Deep Sigh). Whether someone dislikes me or I dislike them, I still Love this Community with all my heart. Whether I'm here or not, I will always care and continue to fight for this law.

Sincerely, Sb

Contrary to how it appears SB, all of the cannabis groups at a leadership level are currently communicating and working together on a level that has previously never been possible. Good things are happening on that front. We still have a couple of skirmishes on a lower level but that will work itself out.