Michael Komorn’S Response To False Allegations And The Future Of The Mmma

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah if someone said I was ripping the sick off I'd be spitting info out too Tim. Not just blowing it off and saying nothing.. Who are the board members ? What is the clubs filing? not for or for?? These questions Michael doesn't need to hide from. Fraud charges maybe if there even is any coming or needs to be coming. Those he maybe needs to be careful from posting granted, but myself I'd be wanting to clear my name as best I could. At this point we still have Joe's emails and Michaels, nothing...

What we have as a membership is a bunch of questions and the timing of this issue sure stands out to me that's for sure..

Sure killed the protest didn't it? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Having worked with Mal for over a year, this is typical of the level of discussion he holds. Calm, well thought through, and accurate. It was the type of discussion that was banned from this site, and that attitude is still seen in the lingering 'werewolves' left by the former leaders here. Fortunately, many folks like Mal have decided to return to contribute to this community, and it will be a better community for it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, personal attacks against folks because of their point of view simply reflect the weakness of your argument. If your only way of voicing your differences with a point of view is by attacking the individual or group expressing that point of view, you need to rethink your position and/or study the subject and positions or your entire posting is irrelevant.

Dr. Bob

If I called you a Skype doctor would you consider that a personal attack doc ?

So much for doctor / patient relationships in MI. esp Skype types.

Good work ?

The perception that all the pot heads are taking advantage of the system ?

ruztydj

·

· Advanced Member

·

·

·

·

· Group:Moderators

· LocationBerrien county

Posted Today, 02:04 PM

There is no other to join in Michigan. Just us and we're the only ones defending patients rights to this law. We will not lie down, we will never give up and don't give a crap about the money.

Yeah if someone said I was ripping the sick off I'd be spitting info out too Tim. Not just blowing it off and saying nothing.. Who are the board members ? What is the clubs filing? not for or for?? These questions Michael doesn't need to hide from. Fraud charges maybe if there even is any coming or needs to be coming. Those he maybe needs to be careful from posting granted, but myself I'd be wanting to clear my name as best I could. At this point we still have Joe's emails and Michaels, nothing...

What we have as a membership is a bunch of questions and the timing of this issue sure stands out to me that's for sure..

MK did respond to these lies,on his radio show last week.and was taking calls for any questions.should of called in with your questions.MK is not ignoring this he is just doing the right thing by not airing this case on FB.

If I called you a Skype doctor would you consider that a personal attack doc ?

So much for doctor / patient relationships in MI. esp Skype types.

Good work ?

The perception that all the pot heads are taking advantage of the system ?

Is there a point you are trying to make here? Calling me a skype doctor is simply inaccurate, not a personal attack I guess.

As far as telemed goes I think it is just fine, it was never the majority of my practice (I travel thousands of miles all over the state every month meeting with patients face to face). Though I don't have a problem with it, the board wants a face to face in the new standards they published in Feb., so that is what I do, because I want my patients protected.

Since the new standards were basically designed to mirror my practice, I've never had an issue with them and they don't change anything for me. They did take out most (but so far not all) the mills that are putting patients at risk with poor practices that aren't legally defensible. Like selling signatures through the mail.

If you are trying to raise a point or state a position, go ahead and I'll respond. Otherwise the question remains, 'is there a point here?'

Dr. Bob

Since they already took out the mills, it proves the point that we didn't need any new bills to do it. LEO just needed to do their job. They dragged their feet to show a need that was not there to get restrictions they wanted but we didn't need. Please remember this if you go along with their plans for restrictions in the future. Examine the need very closely before you believe there is a need. We can all see now there was no need for any new bills restricting specifically medical cannabis doctors on the pretense of MILLS.

You can still come to the protest. You don't need the board permission to march on Lansing! Be your own man and stand up for your rights as a caregiver and a patient! If you do nothing you will be owned! If you do nothing you are nothing more than Sheeple! You fought and worked for the present law and now you are just going to let it slip thru your fingers and fall to the enemy to butcher? Think what you want and fight for what you want. We all want HEMP in our lives. If you do please march on Lansing!

You can still come to the protest. You don't need the board permission to march on Lansing! Be your own man and stand up for your rights as a caregiver and a patient! If you do nothing you will be owned! If you do nothing you are nothing more than Sheeple! You fought and worked for the present law and now you are just going to let it slip thru your fingers and fall to the enemy to butcher? Think what you want and fight for what you want. We all want HEMP in our lives. If you do please march on Lansing!

Rally if you want, but don't forget to communicate directly to your Reps. If you think the protest is enough you are sadly mistaken. Don't be led astray. There are effective action items in front of us.

Since they already took out the mills, it proves the point that we didn't need any new bills to do it. LEO just needed to do their job. They dragged their feet to show a need that was not there to get restrictions they wanted but we didn't need. Please remember this if you go along with their plans for restrictions in the future. Examine the need very closely before you believe there is a need. We can all see now there was no need for any new bills restricting specifically medical cannabis doctors on the pretense of MILLS.

Valid point Rest. Since the guidelines from the board pretty much mirror the requirements of the law, there should be no need for HB 4851. The difference between a board guideline and the law is that with the board guideline, it is designed by professionals for professionals and is a 'safety zone'. Follow the guidelines and there is no problem. Deviate from the guidelines and you may have to justify your decision as a doctor to other doctors, but at least you get the chance to do so. For example, I could do a skype renewal for a cancer patient I saw last year in the UP who is now homebound and unable to travel to the clinic. Or if there is a snow storm and they can't travel (or I can't).

Clearly I could justify that, based on my professional history of no malpractice, no board action, and an enhanced DEA license higher than most docs. My practice history of being records based and a leader in the community on the development of the standard of care will come into play as well. I would not have that option if it were written into law and no exceptions were allowed.

But you know, having to drive to the patient is really a small price to pay to make sure they are safe. So either way, we'll adjust and deal with it for the good of the patient.

Dr. Bob

Resto, this is exactly the thing I focused on in my letter to the representatives. I introduced myself, told a condensed version of my "story", talked a little about each of the bills points, but mostly focused on the fact that if the state would just focus on the law.....and FOLLOW it, all of us would be better off. There wouldn't be so many people going through court, etc. The problem is that some people HATE this law sooooo much, they can't see straight. Poor things.

I should add attending one of the coffee hour's also allows you to speak with other's in your community as well ..educate them, you may be surprised how much people still don't understand about MM. I have written several articles now on the benefits..very fact based and the response's I get are great as well when you go out sit down and talk with people. AK

Very important. Your rep might end up sitting in front if a bunch of supporters all of the sudden.

Exactly Irish.

Since the illegal pill pushers far exceed the illegal medical cannabis doctors in the state there shouldn't have been any focus on the lessor of the two evils. As Rep. Irwin pointed out, Dr. Steven Newman, President of the Michigan State Medical Society, was acting beyond his normal scope when he was reaching out to restrict us.

Here's a video refresher of what went down the day Newman reached out and touched our lives as medical cannabis patients.

http://www.msms.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home&TEMPLATE=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&CONTENTID=18784

Is there a point you are trying to make here? Calling me a skype doctor is simply inaccurate, not a personal attack I guess.

As far as telemed goes I think it is just fine, it was never the majority of my practice (I travel thousands of miles all over the state every month meeting with patients face to face). Though I don't have a problem with it, the board wants a face to face in the new standards they published in Feb., so that is what I do, because I want my patients protected.

Since the new standards were basically designed to mirror my practice, I've never had an issue with them and they don't change anything for me. They did take out most (but so far not all) the mills that are putting patients at risk with poor practices that aren't legally defensible. Like selling signatures through the mail.

If you are trying to raise a point or state a position, go ahead and I'll respond. Otherwise the question remains, 'is there a point here?'

Dr. Bob

Sorry it was a bit personal, I'll concede, especially after reading it again. The main problem with the program from the begining was getting a doc to write your recomendation. It was also one of the first things they tried to use to discredit us and prevent us from participating. A flat out conspiracy of Doctors who cowtow to the government and other political interests for the right to practice medicine on us. Enter Dr Eisenbud. Then there were the mills. Signed recomendations being sold. Then skype docs. The Doctor / Patient relationship is more personal than your religous beliefs in reality. Even Lawyer / Client , Minister / Clergy. They all have or should have the same confidentiality. From the government, because this is a personal relationship. Both parties lives and livelyhoods are dependant on this relationship. It is sacred or by all rights should be. Yes Doctors were put on front street, risk their licenses and credentials to write canabis recomendations for $200 a pop. We even thought you might step up and support the patients. Then you decided to get involved with a failed distribution model from what I understand. Skype etc. That's what I was alluding to was your credability as far as vouching for Mal.

so the protect-our-rights-freedom-rally IS ON

it seems someone forgot to pass out flyers

i'm gonna Just Show Up anyway

about this time, on the 17th of April

or is that too early?

Valid point Rest. Since the guidelines from the board pretty much mirror the requirements of the law, there should be no need for HB 4851. The difference between a board guideline and the law is that with the board guideline, it is designed by professionals for professionals and is a 'safety zone'. Follow the guidelines and there is no problem. Deviate from the guidelines and you may have to justify your decision as a doctor to other doctors, but at least you get the chance to do so. For example, I could do a skype renewal for a cancer patient I saw last year in the UP who is now homebound and unable to travel to the clinic. Or if there is a snow storm and they can't travel (or I can't).

Clearly I could justify that, based on my professional history of no malpractice, no board action, and an enhanced DEA license higher than most docs. My practice history of being records based and a leader in the community on the development of the standard of care will come into play as well. I would not have that option if it were written into law and no exceptions were allowed.

But you know, having to drive to the patient is really a small price to pay to make sure they are safe. So either way, we'll adjust and deal with it for the good of the patient.

Dr. Bob

good to see you here Doc and thanks for helping us with are renewal it means a lot to us knowing that you support us

does this site have any affiliation with planet green trees?

regardless, let's pull-together! we must unify

maybe the show will give a shout-out, not like at the mega-crowd

in ann arbor the other day. ops

Michael Komorn is the proprietor of Planet Green Trees. A couple of us have been working on PGT as well to do just that, cross link the info. PGT is linked with Twitter and FB atm...

Archived