Stolen User Information

Could one of the administrators please check out why I / we can't change some our personal info. I tried to change my e mail address as well as pass word and it won't work, just keeps telling me my e mail addresses don't match. Considering we have been "cloned" over to another forum we should be changing our personal information.

There are no settings restricted. Have you tried changing the email first, then your password?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see nothing has changed much over there, joe has already deleted half of the content anybody adds he doesn't like i asked to be removed, and all my content and posting rights were removed, but not my profile. What a joke, I really had no opinion until all of this new website crap

So.... new admin...

If he cannot steal our passwords what can he steal?

what has already been stolen?

How much of my info is in the hands or someone who shoudnt have it?

What is being done to ensure this never happens again?

All questions I hope you all can answer asap.

So.... new admin...

If he cannot steal our passwords what can he steal?

what has already been stolen?

How much of my info is in the hands or someone who shoudnt have it?

What is being done to ensure this never happens again?

All questions I hope you all can answer asap.

Tune in to planet green trees tonight. All of your questions will be addressed. Thanks! Medcnman.

Wouldn't it be possible for Michael to contact the Server for Joe's website and have it shut down?

Isn't it a cyber crime? Plain and simple theft?

Mizerman

p.s. At first I found all of this newfound drama between Joe and Michael to simply be amusing and treated it as such. However, now it has entered the criminal stage.

I'm pretty sure Joe Cain has committed at least one felony under Michigans Computer Crime statute. I called him out on his new website and he banned me. lol

Michigan’s computer crimes statute prohibits:

(1)the intentional and unauthorized access, or the causing of access, to a computer to acquire, alter, damage, delete, or destroy property, or otherwise use the service of a computer program3

(2)inserting, attaching, or knowingly creating the opportunity for an unknowing and unwanted insertion or attachment of a set of instructions or program into a computer4

(3)intentionally accessing, or causing access, to a computer to devise or execute a scheme or artifice with intent to defraud or to obtain money, property, or a service by a false or fraudulent pretense, representation, or promise5

(4)utilizing a computer to commit any crime6

he should be charged under Section 752.795

:growl: :growl: :growl: :growl:

This is BULLSH. This is NOT what I signed up for.

Joe, this is just plain wrong. You just stole from 26,000 people whom you claimed to love.To lie to us all is one thing, but to lie and steal from us. That I can not respect nor forgive.

Shame on you. :thumbsd:

I'm pretty sure Joe Cain has committed at least one felony under Michigans Computer Crime statute. I called him out on his new website and he banned me. lol

Michigan’s computer crimes statute prohibits:

(1)the intentional and unauthorized access, or the causing of access, to a computer to acquire, alter, damage, delete, or destroy property, or otherwise use the service of a computer program3

(2)inserting, attaching, or knowingly creating the opportunity for an unknowing and unwanted insertion or attachment of a set of instructions or program into a computer4

(3)intentionally accessing, or causing access, to a computer to devise or execute a scheme or artifice with intent to defraud or to obtain money, property, or a service by a false or fraudulent pretense, representation, or promise5

(4)utilizing a computer to commit any crime6

he should be charged under Section 752.795

ok one thing about a web page as i have hosted lots of them at one pont in my life, when you got to host they do a web check like abc,,com if that comes back as being used the hosting severies will check org and so on till one is open and any one can use a web name. as far as the teplet any one can use one if it was given free, sorry to say it,that is why you do not use a open soruse. if who ever is updaten a site do not use a opensoruse, use dream weaver mx, that way you can uplode usen the ftp. and then only the web master has the site on his or her computer, and that way no one can copy it. well have a great day every one

I just want to confirm that Joe does not have access to the passwords, nor does any other administrator.

There is a big but here.

It is a trivial coding change to modify the server side script that processes forum logins and thus capture user passwords when someone attempts to login (indeed even bad password attempts could prove valuable to someone with criminal intentions.) So before trying to login at the em em em ay.co site one should ensure that they aren't using a password that is valid here or elsewhere.

z

There is a big but here.

It is a trivial coding change to modify the server side script that processes forum logins and thus capture user passwords when someone attempts to login (indeed even bad password attempts could prove valuable to someone with criminal intentions.) So before trying to login at the em em em ay.co site one should ensure that they aren't using a password that is valid here or elsewhere.

z

Yes. That is true.

Mods cannot read PM's. Only the admins can check pm's and we don't unless there is a problem and a member asks us to look into it.

Yea, Quietone I know as an Admin it can be done but you just don't. Not unless there is an emergency situation or both parties agree. Now granted I understand right now, here it is kind of an emergency situation but once it settles down that practice needs to be ended for good. Private message is supposed to be private. If someone has a problem they can easily copy the offending PM and send it to a mod or admin who then can confront the problem directly. PM's are a trust issue..

About money from the farmer's markets, if I recall, it could not be given to 3MA because of their status (Not for profit) if I recall clearly, So much going on I can't keep anything straight in my head. all I know is that money could not legally be given to this site so it had ot be used for something else, supposedly to pay for that building, security, etc. 'sigh'

I'll b back mayb tomorrow but not for very long. I hope I'm not on the other site, mainly becauseI did n't sign up there.

Bb please stop and see what you're doing, many good people here you are hurting, who haven't done anything to hurt you.

Sincerely, Sb :(

Archived