House Voting

Are the most recent revised and edited versions available on their website?

Yes the amendments they made at the last hearing are there. There are going to make additional amendments, I believe in our favor at the next hearing on the 17th. Also I am not sure they are voting to pass them that day. My understanding is they will introduce and vote on amendments, and then do a second reading. Then they are supposed to do another reading before they vote to pass the bills. Unless they are going to do a second and final reading in the same day.

Yes the amendments they made at the last hearing are there. There are going to make additional amendments, I believe in our favor at the next hearing on the 17th. Also I am not sure they are voting to pass them that day. My understanding is they will introduce and vote on amendments, and then do a first reading. Then they are supposed to do a second reading before they vote to pass the bills. Unless they are going to do a first and second reading in the same day. I am working on finding out more info.

I got the info off of the MPP website that stated they were voting on the bills on the 17th. No matter what happens, reading or voting, they will soon decide.

What bills are being voted on?

This is intensely nerve wracking... UGH... I wish they could see the harm they're doing right now, so many of us (myself included) are sensitive to stress, it triggers my shingles pain and leaves me bed ridden if I'm put under intense stress... there is no reason for this other than hate and greed.

This is intensely nerve wracking... UGH... I wish they could see the harm they're doing right now, so many of us (myself included) are sensitive to stress, it triggers my shingles pain and leaves me bed ridden if I'm put under intense stress... there is no reason for this other than hate and greed.

4834, 4851, 4856 and 4854. Like I said they are still going to vote on amendments, dont get too upset yet! I honestly dont believe for one minute they are going to take away the right to grow or use meds in anyway. You can still contact your state rep and voice your concerns! I hope everyone is doing that, dont lose all faith!

4834, 4851, 4856 and 4854. Like I said they are still going to vote on amendments, dont get too upset yet! I honestly dont believe for one minute they are going to take away the right to grow or use meds in anyway. You can still contact your state rep and voice your concerns! I hope everyone is doing that, dont lose all faith!

https://secure2.convio.net/mpp/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=1257

This website does the work for you. I know a lot of people have no idea what to say. You can edit it and it emails your districts rep and senator for you.

Yes the amendments they made at the last hearing are there. There are going to make additional amendments, I believe in our favor at the next hearing on the 17th. Also I am not sure they are voting to pass them that day. My understanding is they will introduce and vote on amendments, and then do a first reading. Then they are supposed to do a second reading before they vote to pass the bills. Unless they are going to do a first and second reading in the same day. I am working on finding out more info.

I believe it's the same for them as local government. Each reading must be done on different dates to allow for any additional modifications of the public act (law). This allows the rest of the house of reps a chance to weigh in on any changes they may feel necessary.

Yeah there is no reason to give up. They are the ones fighting the uphill battle. We have the people on our side.

We have to somehow get this in the media ASAP, and make sure it is clear we oppose all of these bills. The legislature does bad things in the dark. They're like vampires or witches, they melt and burn in the sun.

Yeah there is no reason to give up. They are the ones fighting the uphill battle. We have the people on our side.

We have to somehow get this in the media ASAP, and make sure it is clear we oppose all of these bills. The legislature does bad things in the dark. They're like vampires or witches, they melt and burn in the sun.

[/q

They really are not like that! My gosh we elected those people! Sorry but I know many of them persoanly and have much respect for most of them. Its not right to just catagorize them like that, they are there elected by us to do their jobs. Have you taken the time to get to know any of them? They often have coffee hours, that would be a good place to start.

[/q

They really are not like that! My gosh we elected those people! Sorry but I know many of them personaly and have much respect for most of them. Its not right to just catagorize them like that, they are there elected by us to do their jobs. Have you taken the time to get to know any of them? They often have coffee hours, that would be a good place to start.

They really are like that. They vote against our interests any time they are not being closely watched. Did you hear that salvia is illegal now? They didn't announce it to the media or anyone. I'm one of very few people that knows about it because I had a friend who had his eye on the legislature. They inserted it into the bill banning K2 at 11pm, minutes before the vote, went into effect the very next day. This was at the end of October in 2010, I think. Only one person in the entire legislature voted against it. A plant that has never killed anyone, they banned it with no scientific evidence that someone under its influence was so dangerous that they might as well stab someone on the street, therefore warranting severe penalties comparable to stabbing someone on the street.

Maybe you realize the federal level is corrupt, I hope you do... have you heard about the NDAA? Obama signed it into law on New Year's Eve during the ball drop so that it would avoid media scrutiny. I'm tellin' ya they are like vampires and witches, they run for the cover of darkness. It legalized the abduction, torture, and killing of American citizens so long as they were suspected of "supporting Al Qaeda"... in the past journalists who wrote articles opposing the US wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have been accused of "Supporting Al Qaeda"... plus there is no court oversight, in fact no oversight at all, they don't need to present the accusation to anyone and the accused have no legal recourse, no right to any hearings, so there is nothing stopping them from just snatching random people off the street to kill for fun, no risk whatsoever for the perpetrators, they may already be doing it... they're probably just saving doing it en masse for putting down a major uprising, just like a gun owner won't use his guns on a menacing neighbor until he absolutely has to... this is the government we have. Yes, they really are out to get us. No, you should not trust them one bit.

By the way, last time I heard, Congress had a 7% approval rating. Democracy my rectum, they do whatever they like. 66% of Republicans support mmj, 81% of Democrats, 81% of independents... how many in those respective parties truly have our backs?

At least 2,700 people have fallen ill since January, compared with fewer than 3,200 cases in all of 2010. At that pace, medical emergencies related to synthetic drugs could go up nearly fivefold by the end of the year.

"Many of the users describe extreme paranoia," said Dr. Mark Ryan, director of the Louisiana Poison Center. "The recurring theme is monsters, demons and aliens. A lot of them had suicidal thoughts."

The chemicals are suspected in at least nine U.S. deaths since last year, including that of Mike Rozga's 18-year-old son, David, an athlete and band standout from Indianola.

They really are like that. They vote against our interests any time they are not being closely watched. Did you hear that salvia is illegal now? They didn't announce it to the media or anyone. I'm one of very few people that knows about it because I had a friend who had his eye on the legislature. They inserted it into the bill banning K2 at 11pm, minutes before the vote, went into effect the very next day. This was at the end of October in 2010, I think. Only one person in the entire legislature voted against it. A plant that has never killed anyone, they banned it with no scientific evidence that someone under its influence was so dangerous that they might as well stab someone on the street, therefore warranting severe penalties comparable to stabbing someone on the street.

That's not scientific evidence. That's anecdotal evidence which is notoriously unreliable and susceptible to bias. Scientific evidence would involve double blind controlled studies monitoring physical and mental effects for signs of toxicity and medical benefits, this has not been done.

You know the real reason they banned that stuff? They're pissed that they weren't able to put people away for violating probation/parole (urine tests) and they're pissed people were using legal drugs instead of illegal ones - meaning fewer busts, meaning less money from asset forfeiture.

At least 2,700 people have fallen ill since January, compared with fewer than 3,200 cases in all of 2010. At that pace, medical emergencies related to synthetic drugs could go up nearly fivefold by the end of the year.

That's probably because people who are using legal drugs don't feel afraid to go to the hospital. If you're using something illegal, like acid, it doesn't matter if you see the devil himself, you won't be going to the hospital unless your friends see you lose consciousness, stop breathing, turn blue and die. No I'm not joking, it happened to a friend who ODed on heroin and it was awful. Illegal drug users rarely seek help out of fear of incarceration.

I hate shingles I was on morphine already when they hit and the only thing that helped was adding a very low dose of Lyrica they said couldnt work . Anything over the 25 mg smallest dose and I twtiched like the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz . That can be a permenent nuero side effect but I only took it sparingly . I know your suffering and I hope you can find some relief through posting or other distractions you come across welll to others who are sufferingt too . :-) Smiling releases endorphins that fight pain . :thumbsu:

I haven't tried Lyrica yet, I'm going to be soon and hoping it works. I tried Neurontin and that was bad news, I had a month long blackout that I remember almost nothing of. I was supposed to take 4 a day and I counted my pills and realized I'd been taking 8, which is what made me realize my memory was gone (it was so gone I didn't know what was happening to me, I felt 100% lucid!)

The only thing that's been helpful has been Percocet unfortunately... I'm not taking it now but Percocet + some indica was very helpful. Mj doesn't seem to help a whole lot on its own for this kind of stuff. I've got nerve damage from the shingles, the episode itself has passed, I feel like I've been hit by lightning as I'm in my mid 20s and barely anyone in their 20s get shingles, and of those who do, barely any get nerve damage... it's probably because I'm underweight, my immune system is crappy, I don't handle stress well, etc... gah. :mellow:

You sure are right about smiling, the last time it got really bad I pulled up some funny youtube videos and soon enough, it was down at a tolerable level. :thumbsu:

purk, i was on Neurontin (gabapentin) and yeah, that bunny muffin is bad news. i lost about a month it seems, and nearly had a breakdown as a result. i was prescribed 300mg. to be taken at night. really pissed me off and im still trying to make things right by my wife, (lol) Anyone else should be leary of using Neurontin, no joke, question your doctor if your taking it or they recommend it!!

Wikipedia

I haven't tried Lyrica yet, I'm going to be soon and hoping it works. I tried Neurontin and that was bad news, I had a month long blackout that I remember almost nothing of. I was supposed to take 4 a day and I counted my pills and realized I'd been taking 8, which is what made me realize my memory was gone (it was so gone I didn't know what was happening to me, I felt 100% lucid!)

The only thing that's been helpful has been Percocet unfortunately... I'm not taking it now but Percocet + some indica was very helpful. Mj doesn't seem to help a whole lot on its own for this kind of stuff. I've got nerve damage from the shingles, the episode itself has passed, I feel like I've been hit by lightning as I'm in my mid 20s and barely anyone in their 20s get shingles, and of those who do, barely any get nerve damage... it's probably because I'm underweight, my immune system is crappy, I don't handle stress well, etc... gah. :mellow:

You sure are right about smiling, the last time it got really bad I pulled up some funny youtube videos and soon enough, it was down at a tolerable level. :thumbsu:

Oh wow, even at that low of a dose? I was taking 2400mg a day (on average, my memory was so messed up I probably took more o some day than others).

The thing that's so deceiving is that at first you feel a little drunk, but that passes within a week, so you think you're used to it, that it's not affecting you, but... NOPE... your memory is gone and yet you still feel lucid.

I disagree Flowergirl. In my opinion they are like that. This is why they put out a summary saying that they have bills to do a little tidying up by putting pictures on cards, etc. Nothing major just a little cleanup when in fact a cleanup is what they are doing and some of it will hurt us. Believe that. Hell they may just nulify the law with their little doctors TREATMENT wording.

But hey flower it thats just my opinion.

And for the love of God can we please get rid of this darn word filter already.LOL..... I did not say flower it.LOL...

I disagree Flowergirl. In my opinion they are like that. This is why they put out a summary saying that they have bills to do a little tidying up by putting pictures on cards, etc. Nothing major just a little cleanup when in fact a cleanup is what they are doing and some of it will hurt us. Believe that. Hell they may just nulify the law with their little doctors TREATMENT wording.

But hey flower it thats just my opinion.

And for the love of God can we please get rid of this darn word filter already.LOL..... I did not say flower it.LOL...

I guess I just think its way too broad of a statement. "THEY" meaning all of them? Or "THEY" the Republicans, "THEY" the Democrats, "THEY" the work group? I think some of "THEY" are fighting for us as much as they possibly can and would do anything to protect us. DO you recall in 2010 when Gretchen Whitmer walked out of the hearing on the 10 big grows and said "This is rediculous and I dont even have time for it"? Or how about this year when she publicly called on Schuette to quit picking on sick people? Not ALL of them are evil vampires, thats all.

"They" (self serving politicians) have been doing it for a long time.

In exchange for financial support for his presidential campaign, Woodrow Wilson's agreed that if elected, he would sign the Federal Reserve Act. In December 1913, while many members of Congress were home for Christmas, the Federal Reserve Act was rammed through Congress and signed by President Wilson. Regarding his actions Wilson later admitted. "I have unwittingly ruined my country".

I guess I just think its way too broad of a statement. "THEY" meaning all of them? Or "THEY" the Republicans, "THEY" the Democrats, "THEY" the work group? I think some of "THEY" are fighting for us as much as they possibly can and would do anything to protect us. DO you recall in 2010 when Gretchen Whitmer walked out of the hearing on the 10 big grows and said "This is rediculous and I dont even have time for it"? Or how about this year when she publicly called on Schuette to quit picking on sick people? Not ALL of them are evil vampires, thats all.

I agree with you Flowergirl. Using too big a brush is no productive. We can catch more flies with honey than vinegar....

I do agree that not ALL of them are that way. But that part are a very much a part of the minority there.

When I say they I mean the majority of them. I do not differentiate the repubs or the dems. I know most are equally bad. They are a product of modern interpretation of how and why they should do things. Thats all.

Archived