Rachael Meadow Is Quite Liberal, But She Finds Interesting Points

Timmahh

I really like R Maddow. Both she and Tom Hartman allow those in opposition to speak, they don't f##k with their microphones and make a good effort to be civil. Even the worst of them come back.(They probably get a cup of coffee for free !)This is opposite Reilly and Limbaugh who do not seem to allow real opposing views. I wish the hard right adopted that approach and made more of an effort to be logical. Perhaps one day we will have opposing views working to find effective compromise and getting America back on track. How seldom do we hear anyone's view of where America should be 5/10/50/100 years in the future. Glad to see you have an open mind. Best of luck.

The silence is deafening.

WHAT MOST MICHIGAN CITIZENS DON'T KNOW

Only 27 WHOLE news stories when you Google "Michigan Maddow" since the story broke last night. Where is the outcry? Where is the Michigan Media? WTF? Why is the Michigan GOP legislature getting away with implementing new Bills IMMEDIATELY? The State Constitution requires a 3/4 majority vote in the State Senate or they are to wait 90 days AFTER the NEXT CALENDAR YEAR.

THE GOP DOES not HAVE 3/4 MAJORITY in the Senate. SO, It would take 12 Democratic Senators to vote WITH the GOP to pass any of the 4 bills that just left Committee our group is focused on. IF any of those bills pass, THEY MUST have 3/4 majority and that will be verified. If it is, then the bills would immediately go into effect no?

Edited by medicinejeff

I wrote to msnbc to suggest they, and specifically Maddow, take up our story. The girl smells blood, and this would add nicely to her viewership; not to mention how it would help us.

That was an excellent idea Greg! I am glad you did that. Hopefully she won't blow us off as Fieger did.

Hey Irish. She is much more visible than Geoff, and has been rolling out her coverage of the republitards in Lansing. I see no reason that this would not appeal to her. Perhaps more people writing will seal the deal.

Edited by GregS

Something that is missing is organized media contact by this or any other group or individual (well, except for LEO, Prosecutors, and...you know...the bad ppl). When fighting issues it is many times essential that press releases go out to media outlets to fish for takers. When they respond you know you have their attention. Writing to reporters in any media directly often gets results. MM gets a lot of attention in the press. Too bad cain shut out people who can contribute in significant ways for so long.

Howaboutit? Is the group amenable to establishing public affairs spokespeople who can articulately, and will actively seek to, speak for its positions?

Edited by GregS

Thank you for that link.

Someone, maybe you Tiimmahh, & a CPU person was discussing on the CPU thread banning together with these other groups.

I really think that is true. We are not the only ones who know the things going on aren't right.

Edit; i mean banning together for a protest or on Facebook to draw attention to the issue or somehow combine resources.

criminy, edit again, I mean band together, not ban. a little over-caffeinated.

Edited by SparklyBuds

Part of the problem with bringing in other groups as allies is most political action groups want nothing to do with a "drug" organization.

Yeah, that's a good point. We could appeal to just "the people" though, it wouldn't even have to be organizations. I mean, there's gotta be plenty of people in Benton Harbor who would show up at a protest, and plenty of nurses, lawyers, if we didn't make it a cannabis-specific protest but just '" hey this is wrong".

People in our families are probably nurses, or teachers or just Democrats, and aren't all against marijuana.

In most cases, where there are multiple interest groups who share the same ideals, being able to state that the writer speaks for a given organization helps. Some coordination with other groups is arguably necessary, if only to diminish duplication. When we were fighting local government intrusion close press contact paid big dividends. Press contact is best released by officers or their authorized agents.

Edited by GregS