The Jackson Market

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'd watch attending that market. There are just too many rumors flying around right now. Even Joe said they were trying to arrest him.

That is a unpleasant but honest statement just as all of us sit back and hope there are those willing and most importantly able to take on the risk so medical use will have legal avenues of access . It is sad Lansing is looking at controlling what they never have been able to first instead of just creating a open workable legal medical program of the closed qualifed patient community like the Act and Citizens intended . I know they didn't intend for more individuals to be arrested who are sick and or injured and disabled . Nor did they intend for patients to have to go to illegal sources any more then necessary . The Colorado Model is one which is very appeasing to regulators caregivers will have to really fight for the Farmers Market model if they want to sell direct to patients . Patients will have to make their interests known too . I doubt dispenaries are going to negotiate with those patients living with incomes under 150% of poverty and throw in free med ables with price ranges from 6 - 12 a gram like market caregivers have . I doubt either dispensaries or regulators will remember presecribed ( recommended ) medical items are not taxed for the sick , injured and dieing in Michigan . However all the equipment , gas and other items used in the pursuit are . We are contributing to the Michigan economy , taxes , and voting .

Edited by Croppled1

It sucks, this was such an awesome place for patients to get there meds and meet and talk with caregivers and others from our community.

I hope it all works out.

It was something I never thought I would see in my lifetime . I was always treated well there and found it to be a great supplementary source for items I had no talent or abillity to make as well as starter and emergency supplies . I know one head official against them has stated publically there are other ways people can obtain what they need but not out in the open in a legal manner contained within our State borders seperated from those whom have had their minds , souls and hearts tainted by being criminalized already . We're patients often in compromised situations trying to be part of the solution not the problem .

Edited by Croppled1

Completely agree.... but to start I would verify everyone and make sure I personally knew everyone at the first few events

Even with all that, we still couldn't definitively say that what you were doing was legal. If you are willing to take the risk of possibly being arrested, then by all means. Personally, I wouldn't advise anyone to do it.

I can't say anything mmj related is legal. At any point the feds could come in and bbust whomever they desire.

My point is and this is only my humble opinion, Is that If there is no longer a jackson fm then, perhaps and i stress perhaps , we could or should have a conversation about one in detroit...

I think that is a fair statement.

There are risks. There is danger. I understand

.. but can't that be said any mmj farmers.market?

If having one in.jackson is ok, then why not detroit?

I know their are logistics and planning and legal consultation etc etc etc bbbuuutttttt... detroit seems as good a place as any...

I hope the Jackson Market stays open. I know that it was a great resource for hundreds of patients. Joe and I dont see eye to eye anymore so I have removed myself from there. I have no idea what the future holds for the market but as I said, it is a great resource. Medcnman.

Completely agree.... but to start I would verify everyone and make sure I personally knew everyone at the first few events

This would be a very dangerous and innapropriate thing to do in a residential neighborhood and solves nothing . What is needed is safe affordable protected access for any registered program participant in need of materials necessary to conduct medical use as defined under the law . Any market that operates without the aknowledgement and approval of local law enforcement and zoning is not safe nor is someones back yard a proper place for public access.

What we need are safe legal venues accessible to all qualified cardholders the State program has vetted not established participants who are " known " inside our community . The Farmers Market in Jackson is a good example of a well thought out model that complied with what local officials require and kept patient and caregivers protected as much as possible in the current political environment through anonymity . Obviously caregivers currently have a level of risk doing transfers beyond a direct cardholder arrangement and participants should consider how political enforcement might effect them before participating . This is where our community is divided some believe it is absolutely wrong to allow caregivers to take on that risk . I don't like it either or having ones needs as a patient put another individual at risk but how else can change be accomplished and the problem pushed into the limelight ? It is common sense that a proper interpretation and implemention of the Act requires all aspects of medical use must have legal mechanisms in practice recognized in some form by all in the State to follow .

Edited by Croppled1

I hope the Jackson Market stays open. I know that it was a great resource for hundreds of patients. Joe and I dont see eye to eye anymore so I have removed myself from there. I have no idea what the future holds for the market but as I said, it is a great resource. Medcnman.

Oh. Ok... im sorry to hear that.

This would be a very dangerous and innapropriate thing to do in a residential neighborhood and solves nothing . What is needed is safe affordable protected access for any registered program participant in need of materials necessary to conduct medical use as defined under the law . Any market that operates without the aknowledgement and approval of local law enforcement and zoning is not safe nor is someones back yard a proper place for public access.

What we need are safe legal venues accessible to all qualified cardholders the State program has vetted not established participants who are " known " inside our community . The Farmers Market in Jackson is a good example of a well thought out model that complied with what local officials require and kept patient and caregivers protected as much as possible in the current political environment through anonymity . Obviously caregivers currently have a level of risk doing transfers beyond a direct cardholder arrangement and participants should consider how political enforcement might effect them before participating . This is where our community is divided some believe it is absolutely wrong to allow caregivers to take on that risk . I don't like it either or having ones needs as a patient put another individual at risk but how else can change be accomplished and the problem pushed into the limelight ? It is common sense that a proper interpretation and implemention of the Act requires all aspects of medical use must have legal mechanisms in practice recognized in some form by all in the State to follow .

So...if the fm.in jackson does not continue. We shouldnt try something else?

I guess I thought this would be more warmly.received than it is

What do you all suggest? Im sure an option isn't patients going without meds. And I hope we arent saying we do nothing until something perfect is found...

If the jjackson fm doesn't open back.up what do we do?

And why can't the solution include detroit?