The Jackson Market

I just read on another board that the Gennesee county Prosecutor had a $20,000 campaign contribution from the founder of the farmers market there. He obeys the law, if you pay him enough.

Maybe, but Leyton had indicated a willingness to follow the law before the GC3 opened their market.

Link UPDATE ON THE MICH. ATTORNEY GENERAL'S RACE

Published: October 18, 2010

Campaign pits David Leyton against Bill Scheutte, opponent of Michigan’s medical marijuana law

We’re now just two weeks away from Election Day, Tuesday, November 2. Michigan voters, who overwhelmingly approved the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act just two years ago, face a stark choice in the race for Attorney General. On the ballot will be Bill Schuette ®, the public face behind the 2008 campaign in opposition to the law. He’ll be running against Genessee County Prosecuting Attorney David Leyton (D), whose statements with respect to medical marijuana have been much more moderate than the vitriolic opposition from Schuette.

As an appellate court judge and spokesman for the dubiously named group “Citizens Protecting Michigan’s Kids,” Schuette penned op-eds full of scare tactics and misinformation designed to prevent Michigan voters from approving the law (in fact, he’s still at it). He failed, miserably. On Election Day 2008, 63% of Michigan voters – and a majority in all 83 counties – approved the act. Still, the worry is that if he becomes Attorney General, Schuette will be able to undermine the law through legal opinions and enforcement tactics designed to subvert the intent of voters who approved it.

By contrast, his opponent, Leyton, has said he respects the will of Michigan voters who approved the law. “The people have spoken,” he said when asked about the law at a recent debate. He did indicate that he would work to clarify the law as Attorney General. “Patients have to understand what their rights are, caregivers have to understand what their rights are, and law enforcement has to understand what it can do.”

Previous polls showed Schuette with a substantial lead, but internal polling reveals that the race has tightened as Leyton gains name recognition. With so much at stake, it’s vital that medical marijuana advocates get out and vote on November 2nd! To check the status of your registration or find your polling place, visit michigan.gov/vote.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt very much David Leyton received ANY political contributions of $20,000 from a individual for his campaign you read allot of questionable information on message boards . None of the non profit Farmers Markets run by patients have ever seen $20,000 at one time . 20 caregivers equal $1500 from which rent , utillities , staff need to be reimbursed along with administrative costs and most were also helping patients with supply because insurance isn't available nor are other normal low income protections in place .

I doubt very much David Leyton received ANY political contributions of $20,000 from a individual for his campaign you read allot of questionable information on message boards . None of the non profit Farmers Markets run by patients have ever seen $20,000 at one time . 20 caregivers equal $1500 from which rent , utillities , staff need to be reimbursed along with administrative costs and most were also helping patients with supply because insurance isn't available nor are other normal low income protections in place .

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but to my knowledge the GC3 market operates 3-4 days a week with 2 shifts each table is 25 or 35 for a shift and then they have bigger booths for 50 or 60 I believe a shift. Every time I went there it was jam packed front to back lots of good stuff too!

I'd say anywhere from 20-30 vendors but remember there's two shifts every market.

I've been a Jackson farmers market vendor since almost day 1 that it opened.

U can allways find compassionate cg's and donations range from $150 - $275 and $5 - $15.

Jackson is a safe place, police have not and do not harass any one. Unless yur doing somthing u shouldn't b.

See yall there!

BiggB.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but to my knowledge the GC3 market operates 3-4 days a week with 2 shifts each table is 25 or 35 for a shift and then they have bigger booths for 50 or 60 I believe a shift. Every time I went there it was jam packed front to back lots of good stuff too!

I'd say anywhere from 20-30 vendors but remember there's two shifts every market.

Is this the market that also charges patients just to access aquiring their " medicine " ? I was only familar with Jackson and what they were trying to form at the Co-op in Ann Arbor . It appears all Farmers Markets may not be equal ? In Jackson I found med ables that were one dose strong in my case for $1 and change and sub $200 oz trimmed medical grade cannabis I mix my own in to stretch it . The most I ever donated was $220 a oz or 7.77 a gram the least donation $190 ( $6.71 a gram ) which was also my favorite . It is important we dissiminate information around the State about what is happening and working best for patients . I would assume with weight limits vendors only attend occasionally and prices are not inflated with $100 - $240 weekly fee's divided by their product allowances to participate that must be passed on to patients along with admission fee's to aquire their supply under the pursuit of medical use .

Just a little reminder, Everybody's Cafe in Waterford (Oakland County) was essentially a farmers market. They may have been the first in Michigan. The county cops made fake ID and people got busted. They had the OK from the local police.

Genessee County is different. Medical MJ has been legal in Flint since 2007 and the Genessee County prosecutor obeys the law.

Thank the powers that be for Leyton! I wish we could have elected him! I know I did my part.

Anyway, the local ordinances still will not prevent you from being arrested by state or federal authorities.

I've been a Jackson farmers market vendor since almost day 1 that it opened.

U can allways find compassionate cg's and donations range from $150 - $275 and $5 - $15.

Jackson is a safe place, police have not and do not harass any one. Unless yur doing somthing u shouldn't b.

See yall there!

BiggB.

well said!

g3c, is open 5 days a week, tables are $20, a booth is 35, but they are almost always reserved. as far as shifts go, I am alwyas gone in a few hours so not sure. not trying to hijack the thread, just answer a question. The fee to get in is your yearly membership fee of $20 which comes with a t shirt

Are you saying that a post was moved, or removed? Please explain...

Perhaps you can repost for those that missed it?

yes abe i think they was talking about my post that disapeered.lol here ill repost it for you

cheesewreck, on 10 April 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

people used to be able to find and offer meds on this site .now you have to be verafied this cuts off alot of peoples options.but then again profateers will be what they are

there were several double posts deleted. none of your content has been deleted

that is an absolute lie...with all the club owners and member minions trolling here now they completely deleted my rant about dispensaries and what this site is all about now.. :thumbsd: .. .. SOMEONE....long hair bri ....deleted my post completely and I would ask who and for why?..I know why already

I am hitting a political nerve with most of these folks as they have allot riding on this distribution model bill

so I myself went thru yest and completely deleted all my posts as many as I cd find

I was going to stay back and not engage here but I feel i am too close to the truth of what's really going on here...and I now feel that's too important as I seem to be the one taking fire .. now that they got rid of bb ..and if I am not on spot with my mindset then I ask the new high holies here to replace my post

for all to see

but they will probably ban me for this post...which I don't care..there are now new and more democratic sites to visit without the political drama we see here

it's easy to see thru their rhetoric if you are a real grower...and many here know that but don't say anything...they just read...like I did for so long

they removed my post bcause they didn't like the content and they're all doing damage control and poorly as I pointed out in my rant.

..if your awake you can see right thru their bs and lies..they're transparent ...the people who are now trying to control this site

it was a corporate merger of two groups...mmma and CPUs...now they think they have the largest voice ...again read my words...

THEY think they have ..a lot of people allready see what this site is about

I hate to tell them but even the weakest patient here's voice is louder than their collective ranting

they are all on the same thing now

they're part of the legalization people who want to see it legalized for dispensary models under the guise of patient access...

their failing miserably now..look at the amount of signatures they have gathered...it ain't goonna work

the public is not ready at this juncture ...

these folks pushing this are like a bunch of dogs fighting over a piece of meat ...and they'll rip you apart if you try and discourse with them...

they have the right apperoach...they think...that's why they beat down on this bb guy as he was trying to keep FM open ..to keep gains in patients and caregivers hands and not club owners and their lawyer friends

they have allready paid a lot of these lawyers retainers to set up their LLC's and stand to lose a lot if these distribution bills don't pass

their pushing a club model for 3-400$ oz which I explained that the majority of the medicine in these clubs is not even worth 3-400$$ an ounce and a lot these 'club' owners don't even know the strains

...if anyone here saw that post or copied it repost it for the benefit of the many patients here that confused by all this political maneuvering to capture the focus of this group

...and these same people are now doing exactly what mr blueberry was doing and that is censoring anything negative said about what they are really up to...I think the evidence is obvious here and I think this bb guy was on to somthing with a lot of his conjectures

these people have their own agenda here and it's a club model

they all belong to commpassion clubs...but as I pointed out in my post they deleted ...where is the commpassion in 3-400$ ounces? 20-25$ a gram?

alot of these clubz are trying to sell outdoor California weed ...a lot...not all

these ARE the people involved in lobbying right now and they absolutely DON'T want anybody to be outside the Capitol on the 17 to disrupt what they are trying to establish for themselves and their lawyer friends

this rally will be interesting tho as they completely subverted the MSG the last rally to benefit themselves and their club/dispensary /distribution model they are lobbying so heavily foi could see that without bb shining a light on it..

...as it was pointed out In other posts they were able to be inside pointing out the window saying this is OUR support...all pif us outside!...NOT!

I don't support them or their commercial friendz

as I pointed out t on my posts...clubz...dispensaries...stores whatever you wanna call them will always be illegal under eyes of Feds..

it's TRAFFICING to them !!

and again if you take a pin on a map and go to any city ( mostly) you can put the pin on most schools and use a little piece of string too represent 1000 ft and you will see that virtually no where in any city is it 1000ft from a school!

something a lot of their legal friends conveniently fail to mention to them as it would affect them setting up these LLC's

you have to mostly be outside city limits

but again my post was completely deleted for content...they said it was because I double posted which is what kept happening yesterday.

.if any know how to copy this and save please do...I am curious....let's see if they try and push this post under the rug

I was gnna stay out of this patient dispensary fight but I feel I could be of help towards patients understanding who these people really are or their REAL agenda..and I feel it's got nothing to do with patient/caregiver rights and everything to do with a distribution model.

..that they get 'grandfathered' into as it was pointed out...by them under another post...let's see and if someone replies to this then it will repost and not be deleted

remember the moderators here now are some of these people from this old crowd that have a bone to pick so too speak with the bb group...which I am not part of I just believe the guy was right

these people are trying to sell their OWN version of kool-aid with their 'sweetner' in it...it's really poison

I ain't buyin any

and I urge others not to either..

if you want to see what is really in play here go to Colorado....for profit 2-300light grows....IMHO..that's what their after but it ain't gonna fly here...

Who is moderating the Mods in this place? I think that these videos are mean-spirited and not apt for the title of this thread.

I want them both removed.

But who am I? Just a member, a patient and caregiver. Low-man on totem pole. Sheesh!

now your seeing the real mentality here....peace and I agree...why would you put these videos up??

mean spirited and nothing to do with compassion...and the fox is now guarding the hen house.... :thumbsd:

that is an absolute lie...with all the club owners and member minions trolling here now they completely deleted my rant about dispensaries and what this site is all about now.. :thumbsd: .. .. SOMEONE....long hair bri ....deleted my post completely and I would ask who and for why?..I know why already

I am hitting a political nerve with most of these folks as they have allot riding on this distribution model bill

so I myself went thru yest and completely deleted all my posts as many as I cd find

I was going to stay back and not engage here but I feel i am too close to the truth of what's really going on here...and I now feel that's too important as I seem to be the one taking fire .. now that they got rid of bb ..and if I am not on spot with my mindset then I ask the new high holies here to replace my post

for all to see

but they will probably ban me for this post...which I don't care..there are now new and more democratic sites to visit without the political drama we see here

it's easy to see thru their rhetoric if you are a real grower...and many here know that but don't say anything...they just read...like I did for so long

they removed my post bcause they didn't like the content and they're all doing damage control and poorly as I pointed out in my rant.

..if your awake you can see right thru their bs and lies..they're transparent ...the people who are now trying to control this site

it was a corporate merger of two groups...mmma and CPUs...now they think they have the largest voice ...again read my words...

THEY think they have ..a lot of people allready see what this site is about

I hate to tell them but even the weakest patient here's voice is louder than their collective ranting

they are all on the same thing now

they're part of the legalization people who want to see it legalized for dispensary models under the guise of patient access...

their failing miserably now..look at the amount of signatures they have gathered...it ain't goonna work

the public is not ready at this juncture ...

these folks pushing this are like a bunch of dogs fighting over a piece of meat ...and they'll rip you apart if you try and discourse with them...

they have the right apperoach...they think...that's why they beat down on this bb guy as he was trying to keep FM open ..to keep gains in patients and caregivers hands and not club owners and their lawyer friends

they have allready paid a lot of these lawyers retainers to set up their LLC's and stand to lose a lot if these distribution bills don't pass

their pushing a club model for 3-400$ oz which I explained that the majority of the medicine in these clubs is not even worth 3-400$$ an ounce and a lot these 'club' owners don't even know the strains

...if anyone here saw that post or copied it repost it for the benefit of the many patients here that confused by all this political maneuvering to capture the focus of this group

...and these same people are now doing exactly what mr blueberry was doing and that is censoring anything negative said about what they are really up to...I think the evidence is obvious here and I think this bb guy was on to somthing with a lot of his conjectures

these people have their own agenda here and it's a club model

they all belong to commpassion clubs...but as I pointed out in my post they deleted ...where is the commpassion in 3-400$ ounces? 20-25$ a gram?

alot of these clubz are trying to sell outdoor California weed ...a lot...not all

these ARE the people involved in lobbying right now and they absolutely DON'T want anybody to be outside the Capitol on the 17 to disrupt what they are trying to establish for themselves and their lawyer friends

this rally will be interesting tho as they completely subverted the MSG the last rally to benefit themselves and their club/dispensary /distribution model they are lobbying so heavily foi could see that without bb shining a light on it..

...as it was pointed out In other posts they were able to be inside pointing out the window saying this is OUR support...all pif us outside!...NOT!

I don't support them or their commercial friendz

as I pointed out t on my posts...clubz...dispensaries...stores whatever you wanna call them will always be illegal under eyes of Feds..

it's TRAFFICING to them !!

and again if you take a pin on a map and go to any city ( mostly) you can put the pin on most schools and use a little piece of string too represent 1000 ft and you will see that virtually no where in any city is it 1000ft from a school!

something a lot of their legal friends conveniently fail to mention to them as it would affect them setting up these LLC's

you have to mostly be outside city limits

but again my post was completely deleted for content...they said it was because I double posted which is what kept happening yesterday.

.if any know how to copy this and save please do...I am curious....let's see if they try and push this post under the rug

I was gnna stay out of this patient dispensary fight but I feel I could be of help towards patients understanding who these people really are or their REAL agenda..and I feel it's got nothing to do with patient/caregiver rights and everything to do with a distribution model.

..that they get 'grandfathered' into as it was pointed out...by them under another post...let's see and if someone replies to this then it will repost and not be deleted

remember the moderators here now are some of these people from this old crowd that have a bone to pick so too speak with the bb group...which I am not part of I just believe the guy was right

these people are trying to sell their OWN version of kool-aid with their 'sweetner' in it...it's really poison

I ain't buyin any

and I urge others not to either..

if you want to see what is really in play here go to Colorado....for profit 2-300light grows....IMHO..that's what their after but it ain't gonna fly here...

I searched your entire content. it was easy considering half of it was emoticons. NOTHING was deleted. I even looked in the trash

I searched your entire content. it was easy considering half of it was emoticons. NOTHING was deleted. I even looked in the trash

REBUTTAL: someone put down a post I made yesterday of the reality of clubz and the nuances involved playing out here in Michigan....did you find that one in the trash?? :thumbsd:

I also noticed when I posted it a lot of the red-letter moderators were reading it immediately after I posted...including MK...

the ones you 'searched' were all the ones I personaally deleted content as I am now more interested in the bigger picture here and 'real time' dialogue on the largest 'patient' orientated (allegedly)....site....

I see a play for control of the reins so to speak.

as far as my posts to say it was easy because they were all emoticons...well these are the posts I deleted and replace with emoticons...

i will not go away and I will keep a vigilant eye towards this site as it is a concern to all patients to know the truth..

unless the high holies here silence or block me

all you guys have done here is shine a bigger light on the issues that this bb guy was talking about

and to me it's clear the intentions of this site

much easier too see now with all the 'players-haters' here

..there is a lot of rhetorical posturing here and it ain't too hard to smell what's really at play...

if your awake and concious

I also would like to know what the videos are really intended for??

completely off color and mean spirited in the spirit of this so called 'movement'....there are some cryptic inflections in them...??

I am a part of the whole picture and your guys damage control ain't workin for me

or most of my friendz

peace

REBUTTAL: someone put down a post I made yesterday of the reality of clubz and the nuances involved playing out here in Michigan....did you find that one in the trash?? :thumbsd:

I also noticed when I posted it a lot of the red-letter moderators were reading it immediately after I posted...including MK...

the ones you 'searched' were all the ones I personaally deleted content as I am now more interested in the bigger picture here and 'real time' dialogue on the largest 'patient' orientated (allegedly)....site....

I see a play for control of the reins so to speak.

as far as my posts to say it was easy because they were all emoticons...well these are the posts I deleted and replace with emoticons...

i will not go away and I will keep a vigilant eye towards this site as it is a concern to all patients to know the truth..

unless the high holies here silence or block me

all you guys have done here is shine a bigger light on the issues that this bb guy was talking about

and to me it's clear the intentions of this site

much easier too see now with all the 'players-haters' here

..there is a lot of rhetorical posturing here and it ain't too hard to smell what's really at play...

if your awake and concious

I also would like to know what the videos are really intended for??

completely off color and mean spirited in the spirit of this so called 'movement'....there are some cryptic inflections in them...??

I am a part of the whole picture and your guys damage control ain't workin for me

or most of my friendz

peace

I went back as far as March to see what had been trashed and the only posts of yours I found was ones that got deleted because it posted multiple times.

Archived