Steal This Protest

Besides obvious time constraints, I'm having difficulty understanding the true benefits from waiting until after the vote has already gone through. Can anyone please help enlighten me?

Letter writing and telephone calls are a great idea, a must. And we have our insiders fighting tooth n nail, but why on earth would any of us stop there... Why?

Besides obvious time constraints, I'm having difficulty understanding the true benefits from waiting until after the vote has already gone through. Can anyone please help enlighten me?

Letter writing and telephone calls are a great idea, a must. And we have our insiders fighting tooth n nail, but why on earth would any of us stop there... Why?

Im gonna try to answer this without sounding like a jackwagon. Wish me luck......

Its kind of a catch 22 Abe. Do we really want the man that, in my opinion, started this uproar to be standing on the steps representing us when after what he has done to this community? The renter of the steps has lost a ton of credibility in the last couple weeks. And I think the Reps that are voting know this.

And then we have your thoughts as well as hundreds of other patients. "lets go anyway. We have to protest". And Abe, I agree. We HAVE to protest. But the 17th, in my opinion, is a tainted date. The protest set for the 17th, as far as I know, has had no orginization. I just think its a bad Idea to show up to a protest that hasnt had the proper organization for it to be a productive protest. All I have heard is Joe has rented the steps and patients should show up on the 17th. Thats just not enough to go on. And to try to put a well organized peotest together in 8 days is going to be difficult. Am I wrong? Let me know. But please be nice. Thanks, Medcnman.

Im gonna try to answer this without sounding like a jackwagon. Wish me luck......

Its kind of a catch 22 Abe. Do we really want the man that, in my opinion, started this uproar to be standing on the steps representing us when after what he has done to this community? The renter of the steps has lost a ton of credibility in the last couple weeks. And I think the Reps that are voting know this.

And then we have your thoughts as well as hundreds of other patients. "lets go anyway. We have to protest". And Abe, I agree. We HAVE to protest. But the 17th, in my opinion, is a tainted date. The protest set for the 17th, as far as I know, has had no orginization. I just think its a bad Idea to show up to a protest that hasnt had the proper organization for it to be a productive protest. All I have heard is Joe has rented the steps and patients should show up on the 17th. Thats just not enough to go on. And to try to put a well organized peotest together in 8 days is going to be difficult. Am I wrong? Let me know. But please be nice. Thanks, Medcnman.

:goodjob::thumbsu::goodjob:

Peace

Jim

You are Right, the date is "tainted".

And on the other hand, if it isn't really too damaged then it sure as heaven will be -as well as the 18th- if things don't go as well as we had hoped.

I believe that many of us have already begun to move into the acceptance stage of where our fate lies. We know too much about what is going on in this state today from the top down. The CPU is giving some a false sense of security, not that they aren't doing much more than most. Who knows, perhaps this group is so intellectual and accomished as profesionals that they have even fooled themselves into thinking that they had a better chance at making a deep impact, not just "soften" the bill language. Afterall The Dems and even The Repubs treated them respectfully, heard them out, applied a few suggestions. And last but not least... disarmed them, disarmed all of us really. There are other players in this formula but that is mere speculation. Where have all the big money dispensary owners been in this fight for our rights? A few may have been at the table. A few may not even reside in this state yet. These for-major-profit Co's will have a

significant influence on this process. Maybe our legislation doesn't want Dispensaries. Of course they do (show me the money). The real whammy will be how they attempt to structure the

regulation these cash machines... Weedmarts.

Perhaps I've rambled with mere opinions and uninformed speculation, perhaps.

Medcnman- thank you for taking the time to explain your thoughts. It appears to me, that the Mr. Blue has chosen the perfect day to make a stand of solidarity. It's interesting how effectively he became alienated at such a critical junction. Yeah, yeah he has only himself to blame. Personally, I don't give a crap if he's there. But you know he will be and representing to his fullest. I think people don't want the association w blue and they also don't want to give him another ounce of credit for his efforts. This protest is not about him. I hope that he knows that as well. He may even chill out and watch his tongue if asked nicely... Who knows? Regardless, I want to be close to the talking heads when they -may or may not- put our collective toes on the coals.

I wish our people, the CPU, mighty strength inside the capital that day, cuz lord knows they'll need it. I will be there too out in the fresh air, meditating. Thoughts travel, energy travels. I want to be there at ground zero. Ask Michael K., does he believe that it helped having me and nine others at one his trials in Livinston County last year? The entire time keeping the faith. MK was ferocious and the case oof the young man was dismissed. Ask him, does having sympathetic folks show up for a trial help?

CPU by no means wishes people to feel safe with these bills.

Everyone needs to get off their butts and start contacting all their Rep's, call, write, email, or meet with them in person if possible. Ask them to vote against these bills, espescially HB 4834.

That is what we will do between now and when the bills are put on the floor. At that point, we will ocntinue to try to obstruct these bills.

If people want to have a rally on the 17th, go for it. There is noone stopping or trying to stop you. It is your First Ammendment right to redress your government and CPU would never attempt to curb that right.

I don't know who said it and I'm not scrolling back up to find out, but, they are absolutely correct, a rally must be organized for maximum benefit. We need to turn out patients and supporters by the thousands in order to be heard. In the meantime, we can write, call and email our hearts out.

....or perhaps more likely an ulterior motive !

A flood of CPU folks doing everything that they can to influence you to stay home and write an email, because protests are worthless?

Gee what would their motive be?

Doesn't take much to see through these folks.

They are serving up their own brand of kool-aid.

Thirsty?

The "U" in CPU that does stand for United correct?

it best. How many board members do you have?

A lot of people that I know -sadly- know nothing about y'all.

You appear more like a Sub-Society than Patients "United".

Like I said and like you said, Dispensary Neutral. OR, let's hear the truth at this time.

Holding you to that if I don't hear otherwise.

A flood of CPU folks doing everything that they can to influence you to stay home and write an email, because protests are worthless?

Gee what would their motive be?

Doesn't take much to see through these folks.

They are serving up their own brand of kool-aid.

Thirsty?

Personally Im more partial to Tea, preferably with my THC.

Its my own antidote for the Kool aid they are all so fond of.

I mix in another secret ingredient: Anti-bull poo poo pills.

I call it Magic Tea. like THC with more Tea less bull poo poo

I'll bring some to the rally in case there is any in need of getting their faculties restored ...

This protest is not about him. sorry yes it is. he wants his profit from the farmers markets

When your protest fail to change the house members vote,and they make the bills much tougher can we blame you?

You fail to realize that in May we had a protest. and in June we had over ten new anti mm bills. so you guys failed on that one,

Facts that you guys seem to ignore,

Your not going to scare any republican into changing his vote just aint going to happen

They have the political backing of the NRA right to life tea party most every church and more. they already have their voting base and it is strong,

So if you even think that you going scare a Republican think again,

This protest is not about him. sorry yes it is. he wants his profit from the farmers markets

When your protest fail to change the house members vote,and they make the bills much tougher can we blame you?

You fail to realize that in May we had a protest. and in June we had over ten new anti mm bills. so you guys failed on that one,

Facts that you guys seem to ignore,

Your not going to scare any republican into changing his vote just aint going to happen

They have the political backing of the NRA right to life tea party most every church and more. they already have their voting base and it is strong,

So if you even think that you going scare a Republican think again,

Amazing just amazing

yes prove me wrong you can not , . you can gain from a protest and you can lose

What was your Goal for the may protest? did you achieve your goal? Results Please?

are the bills all gone now? did you WIN ?

what groups do you have lined up for this protest?

Questions we all have the right to Question now, and i thank the MMMA for this,

Beans, just curious...why do you keep bringing up the CPU in relation to the protest on the 17th????? CPU leadership has said several times they don't care whether you protest or not. If you have a problem with CPU, why don't you ask the members about your concerns? Do you even know who on the forum is a member of CPU?

I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish by continuing to post negative messages. The time has come for the community to move on and keep looking forward.

Tired of being called names

from koolaid drinker, sheep to Blueberry himself

Sick of hearing I know nothing by people who claim they know all

Just trying to find the truth is all

So many suddenly feel they are empowered to tell me what I think

or should think

Fair enough.

The name calling does need to stop....on both sides. I will do everything I can to put an end to it.

I don't recall seeing anyone posting anywhere that you should think a certain way. I have seen many opinions posted, some have been eloquent, others not so much. Just because you don't agree with someone else's opinion and they are trying to win you over to their side doesn't mean they are trying to brainwash you. Trying to sway people to your opinions is how the world works. We are trying to sway the opinions of legislators in the very same way.

You do not have to agree with anything that anyone is saying on this site or anywhere else for that matter. Nobody here is making you believe something or else you have to go away.

I'm just asking that we tone down the negative rhetoric and try to discuss things in a civilized manner, and I'm talking to people on both sides of the aisle.

So many suddenly feel they are empowered to tell me what I think

This is the USA, everyone is empowered to tell you what to think. Just as you are empowered to tell anyone else what to think. It's called free speech.

Archived