Most People Would Be Crushed

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We as a people have a oppurtunity to b seen and b a force.

Who care who lit the candle! Carry it on, and don't let the flame DIE!!

Call, email, write letters and yes, come show force!!!

Let's rally at the capital on the 17th.

Look, a very sweet lady worked very hard to put a rally together. A complete lunatic hijacked the protest, deleted the FB page and he will be the one with the microphone. At the last hearing they added extra security because they view him as a threat to other patients- who he has threatened! If we go "follow" this guy the reps are going to think we are all nuts too. I definately will NOT we there! This was not a passing of a candle- it was lunatic theft!

Look, a very sweet lady worked very hard to put a rally together. A complete lunatic hijacked the protest, deleted the FB page and he will be the one with the microphone. At the last hearing they added extra security because they view him as a threat to other patients- who he has threatened! If we go "follow" this guy the reps are going to think we are all nuts too. I definately will NOT we there! This was not a passing of a candle- it was lunatic theft!

I for one know they don't allow lunatics in a court

they frisk them at the door

I agree with everyone and how they wish to express their disapproval for these bills.

You want to rally? Then go rally!!!! And dagnabbit, do it the best ya can.

You want to phone your representative? More power to ya! Be concise and clear.

You wanna go encourage your representative to vote NO on these bills? Then ya better get a buggerin appointment and start checking your representatives schedules. They are on vacation and many are having gatherings and meetings in their districts over the next week and such. Go to them. Ask them to oppose these bills.

You wanna just sit there and flip off your government from your computer? Well, i can think of more valuable uses of your time , but hey! go for it!

UGH! (Deep Sigh). OK I have to say some things here, and I hope Bb sees it too.

Yesterday I started writing a song about Bb being a casualty of war, and how we thank him for his service to our country- I also said that it's time for him to rest, AND I also said there's a war raging deep inside him that only HE can win. But as much as I wanted to send it to him, I am sad to say he is not acting very honorably with the behavior I've been reading about. In many ways, he has become a stranger to me. Sometimes I wonder who's really in there, so I will say this:

I'm trying to stay focused on any good he did for us, but have to keep reminding myself he is as much a casualty of this war as many of you, and, as my song goes, even strong men sometimes fall. I want to remember any good he's done, but all this stuff going on is not making that easy to do. This behavior is hurting the very people he supposedly is trying to protect. If this is some kind of payback for whatever he perceives was done to him, well, sorry to say, now the shoe's on the other foot, as far as being silenced goes. Even I was accused of starting drama, though he told me in PM, and my supposed offending posts were removed by him. Every day, since this onslaught of banning started, I've been afraid to speak my mind.

I remember a time I saw him say something I felt would put Michael in danger, so I pm'd him, and he listened to me. It may've been that day when he told me he trusted me with his life. This I took very seriously, especially coming from someone I looked up to who I believed could lead us to Victory. I was deeply touched and hoored. I had also offered advice on maaging stress, which I hope he read. One night I spent at least 2 hours correcting a documment he was writing, which he appreciated. It's not every day a CEO would even listen to someone like me, but he did, and said he appreciated it, too. Others here have also helped him make sure his work was presentable. Throughout my life, my letter-writing skills have been praised and encouraged. It meant a lot to me when people here shared my letters and someone even asked for an outline of points to be made for an event. For a non professional who never finished college, it meant a lot to me, especially when people in top positions accepted my help. I hope he knows how much that means to me. Thank you Bb.

So you see, this is why it hurts so much to see all this happening, because so many of us did our best to help lighten the burndens of being a CEO. If I were better qualified, I would've done more.

I don't know the proper proceedure for removing a CEO, if what I read for non profit would be the same guidelines as not-for-profit, and other business models, though I hope in this case, it was done according to the laws the govern the type of organizational structure of this site, and proper proceedure was followed.

Any bad behavior will only confirm the rumors and accusations that are flying around, regardless who's responsible. Sadly, those actions reflect on EVERYONE. Rumors are extremely powerful and carry a lot of weight, even if they're full of hot air. So, we MUST find the Truth, regardless of what that is, once and for all, if we are ever to have any credibility. So if that means an audit, than that's what we need. Everything better be on the level, because, if someone's not telling the whole truth, that will come out, and that will affect the whole community here. There comes a point in all this when there'll be no turning back, and any credibility we had will be lost and gone forever. I hope it's not too late.

I don't wanna take sides, my heart is aching over all this. I have my own stress to deal with. My 2nd anniversary of being here is coming up, but sadly, I haven't seen much real change. Regardless which MM site I'm at, I see complaints about us, and when I'm here, I see complaints about them. Where's the Unity?

So, what does that tell me? For one thing, this uinty so many speak so highly of is not being taken wholeheartedly. On Sept 7, I saw signs of Unity, and it was amazing. It gave me hope, something I've had very little of for many years. I didn't know there were CPU members there, but I appreciate knowing someone from there was, that means a LOT to me, that despite disagreements, someone was there, even if nobody knew it. I think it would've been nice if we had known because I would've liked to meet you and say thank you in person.

It's so sad when personal feelings get in the way of coming together to fight a common enemy more powerful than any combination of the sum of our differences. Now comes word of the big vote we've been anticipating for months. Whether or not any protests delayed it or encouraged it imay be irrevelant- the most important point is, we should all be focused on stopping those bills. I really thought Sept. 7 was a turning point for us all, where Unity is concerned.

Before people say and do things, whoever they are, they need to reflect on how it'll be received, especially if those words and actions will directly affect that person or group. I know it's not always easy to do this, and, sometimes, things need to be said and done anyway, but when it comes to politics especially, it's a very delicate matter. In any group, thre's always disagreeents, so it can't be easy when a person in a position to make decisions and carry them out, has to make a very difficult choice that may not be popular with everyone. I wouldn't want Bb's job, or any such position. Being responsible fto so many people is quite a task.

It's just like when a president does something; the whole country is affected, and anyone outside of it will see the whole country in a good or bad light. Those decisions may even afect the world outside that country. How many people hate the US after what some presidents did, or any leaders from any country? With any group, the actions of those in charge will reflect on the entire group, whether those actions were done with the group's consent, unless the group lets it be known loud and clear that it was done without their approval. In many cases, the group is misled, not always by malciousness, but by misdirection and poor judgement, though sometimes, even the best of intentions go wrong. Should that be the entire group's fault? I don't think so. Without blaming anyone, I can honestly say that many believe in what a leader does, regardless how sound the plan is or isn't.

I remember one of the reasons Bb took up this fight, even if he doesn't. It's a personal matter that he had no control over. Now he had the chance to somehow make it right. It's not easy knowing people are suffering, and wanting to do something to stop it. It's not easy believing you could've done something, even if you had no control over the situation.

I'm not a problem solver, though I can help people sort things out so they can make it easier to see the right thing to do. I'm more of a creative consultant, I think, but I'm very good at what I do, though it's not in any official capacity. All I wanna do is understand what's going on, help make things clear, and get focused on what's most important- the Priority, the Goal, the Mission; then work through a realistic Plan to accomplish that objective. When I studied business, there was a model called, "Management by Objective." I really liked that one but forgot the details. I wish I still had that book, it laid out exactly how to set this up. Perhaps I can find info online about it, even if it's just for my own understanding. I do recall that everyone does their part, with their specific knowledge and abilities.

There comes a time when everyone must realize their own limitations. It takes a lot of courage to admit to one's self they may have weaknesses. I know how deeply that hurts, but I admire anyone who has the strength to do it, even if they never share those feelings.

There's other things I recall that he said about taking that job. All I can say about this in summary is, there's a lot of good people who tried to help, many offered, some held back, some weren't up to the task. No one can do it alone. In every war, there's leaders and followers, and people who work in organizing the whole event. War or not, a person in a position of authority needs good people working to carry out those ideas, and every group needs a strong leader they can depend on to make it happen.

The only way war is ever a one person event is when it's being waged from the inside.

Sincerely, Sb

Persoanly I dont intend to show up at the capitol to watch another Joe Cain show. I will however be in Lansing on the 17th as I have scheduled several meetings with Democratic Reps. My plan is to ask them very politely to help stop the bills from passing. I believe this is what we should all be focused on at this point. We can call them, write them, show up at their offices but standing in front of the capitol watching Joe scream this is war will accomplish nothing. I might drive by and yell loser out the window just for fun though. The real work gets done inside, it would be nice if everyone helped by at least calling their Reps.

Right on, Flowergirl!

My wife and I were thinking the same thing - maybe a drive-by tongue-lashing!

LMAO!

These protests accomplish absolutely nothing and are detrimental to the cause/mmj movement. The republicans are going to vote how the republicans are going to vote. 500, 5000, or 50,000 outside the capitol is NOT going to sway their decision-making process.

All these protests do is give ammunition for the other side...and, trust me - it gives them a LOT of ammunition.

Mizerman

p.s. these battles can only be won at the ballot box and if you vote for ANY republican who is an elected official in the Michigan State Legislature...you're too stupid & don't deserve to keep your medical marijuana card...because obviously it means nothing to you.

Edited by mizerman

These protests accomplish absolutely nothing and are detrimental to the cause/mmj movement. The republicans are going to vote how the republicans are going to vote. 500, 5000, or 50,000 outside the capitol is NOT going to sway their decision-making process.

All these protests do is give ammunition for the other side...and, trust me - it gives them a LOT of ammunition.

That is not true. Protests are wonderful. It is just a matter of framing it to your advanatge and not allowing the message to be hijacked.

And regardless of that, it is empowering, encouraging and a great way for people associated with medical cannabis to network, coordinate and come closer together to further like minded goals.

There has just been a rough division in the community and attempts by many to either co-opt a message or change the message to their own wants and needs.

We can discuss a better way to have a protest, but to call them useless just isn't true. Bad form no less.

That is not true. Protests are wonderful. It is just a matter of framing it to your advanatge and not allowing the message to be hijacked.

And regardless of that, it is empowering, encouraging and a great way for people associated with medical cannabis to network, coordinate and come closer together to further like minded goals.

There has just been a rough division in the community and attempts by many to either co-opt a message or change the message to their own wants and needs.

We can discuss a better way to have a protest, but to call them useless just isn't true. Bad form no less.

+++++REP

Well then, we can agree to disagree.

One thing is a fact, if the Republicans (Tea Baggers) didn't come up with a brilliant marketing ploy for the 2010 elections...and so many sheep drank their brand of Kool-Aid there wouldn't be a need to have this protest, would it?

Edited by mizerman

I do think attending the vote could have a serious impact especially if it were a silent protest.

This is a great idea. It would create a buzz in the media too, who has done something like this before? Anything new will generate interest, and then they couldn't possibly complain that we were rowdy or uncivilized.

A protest can accomplish two things here.

#1 Sway those on the fence to take our side for fear of getting voted out (mostly Democrats).

#2 Reassure those Republicans with libertarian tendencies that they won't get voted out for protecting us from their colleagues.

Edited by purklize

One thing is a fact, if the Republicans (Tea Baggers) didn't come up with a brilliant marketing ploy for the 2010 elections...and so many sheep drank their brand of Kool-Aid there wouldn't be a need to have this protest, would it?

Not from my view

As golfer you know there are a lot of republicans who play (elitist albeit but)

I played with the same 2 dozen guys for close to 20 years

Out of my core group I would say 16 are hardcore conservatives

2 are liberals/democrats

and 2 are probably closet democrats

When I went to them about my condition and the need for legalized Medical marijuana

I think 19 voted for the law or at least told me they did

Now thru the years

we have talked about full legalization and I doubt I can get three yay's

So I doubt there would be much more support in this state either way as most of the folks I know

not marijuana acquaintances would be in favor of expansion of the bill

Sorry but this is a largely conservative republican state ATM

Edited by Beans

You know he should have thought about how everyone of the thousands he banned felt. He should have thought about the slanderous lies he has told about every other Cannabis group in the state , especially CPU. He should have thought about the shakedown he publicly displayed that he tried to put on Michael and the MMMA. I could go on.

wow! man how do you get away with that is your name not colored for a reason, heck id be on vacation if i said that, im already sitting in the corner with my dunce cap on! Im sure glad im not the only person that has a brain in here! :rolleyes:

Peace

Jim

This is a great idea. It would create a buzz in the media too, who has done something like this before? Anything new will generate interest, and then they couldn't possibly complain that we were rowdy or uncivilized.

The students at USC did it to the university president after the pepper-spraying incident.

A protest can accomplish two things here.

#1 Sway those on the fence to take our side for fear of getting voted out (mostly Democrats).

#2 Reassure those Republicans with libertarian tendencies that they won't get voted out for protecting us from their colleagues.

I don't think a protest will do either of those things. First there are term limits in Michigan. A lot of these people can't even get re-elected so they don't care. Second, the party controls the party not the individuals. Ever notice how parties vote in blocks, all the repubs on one side of an issue and all the dems on the other? It's not the individual pols that make a difference, it's the party platform.

Now what a protest can do if it's organized correctly is inform the public. When you have the entire public on your side, then you have a better chance at changing the party's policies.

Also, protests work great on private businesses. It's a lot easier to get a CEO to cave than it is to get a pol to cave. CEOs don't like losing money. A good example for this type of protest on our part would be to protest apartment complexes that won't rent to MMJ patients.

I don't think a protest will do either of those things. First there are term limits in Michigan. A lot of these people can't even get re-elected so they don't care. Second, the party controls the party not the individuals. Ever notice how parties vote in blocks, all the repubs on one side of an issue and all the dems on the other? It's not the individual pols that make a difference, it's the party platform.

Now what a protest can do if it's organized correctly is inform the public. When you have the entire public on your side, then you have a better chance at changing the party's policies.

Also, protests work great on private businesses. It's a lot easier to get a CEO to cave than it is to get a pol to cave. CEOs don't like losing money. A good example for this type of protest on our part would be to protest apartment complexes that won't rent to MMJ patients.

Soooo, Celli~~If this is how things work.....what good is there in calling, or writing our reps? If they vote in blocks according to party policy, what good would our pleas do?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I don't want to be a pessimist, but the teachers and students were way more organized than us and they got absolutely nowhere. It used to be that talking to your congressperson actually did something, I'm just not so sure in today's political world.

The term limits makes the political landscape different than most states and the federal government.

I think our best bet would be taking our cause directly to the public.

You can not honestly think it would be any different with more democrats in there. They are politicians they do not like or care for MMJ. The system as a whole has been against it for so long and everything is so , how do you say?, business as usual that it seems to be purely by nature to hate us.