• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a great plan. Thanks Michael!

Right on, Dizledot!

I just finished the 9th e-mail (Bauer's). Now, it's on to Bledsoe and the rest of them.

When I get done with these, I'll sit down in my softer :rolleyes: chair and begin the phone calls until I've reached someone in each and every office.

The snail mail will be dropped off at the post office late tonight so it goes out first thing in the morning. I can't do a lot but I can damned sure do this!

Mizerman

Lol! I love your enthusiastic mood today!!!!!

We need an auto email program like I've seen here on before. Make it easy as possible, I can't cut and paste all the dems addresses, migraine coming. Help?

Ok I used this and just cut and pasted the letter in. I'm not sure if just goes to Dems or everyone...but it went out very easily.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/email/MMMA_minorml_email_form_letter1.html

Edited by whodathot

We need an auto email program like I've seen here on before. Make it easy as possible, I can't cut and paste all the dems addresses, migraine coming. Help?

Ok I used this and just cut and pasted the letter in. I'm not sure if just goes to Dems or everyone...but it went out very easily.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/email/MMMA_minorml_email_form_letter1.html

To me it doesn't look like the letter that Michael Komorn wants us to send out.

Mizerman

richardhammel@house.mi.gov, katesegal@house.mi.gov, woodrowstanley@house.mi.gov, markmeadows@house.mi.gov, stevenlindberg@house.mi.gov, jeffirwin@house.mi.gov, jimananich@house.mi.gov, vickibarnett@house.mi.gov, joanbauer@house.mi.gov, timbledsoe@house.mi.gov, lisabrown@house.mi.gov, charlesbrunner@house.mi.gov, barbbyrum@house.mi.gov, philcavanagh@house.mi.gov, paulclemente@house.mi.gov, bobconstan@house.mi.gov, georgetdarany@house.mi.gov, brandondillon@house.mi.gov, freddurhal@house.mi.gov, douglasgeiss@house.mi.gov, timgreimel@house.mi.gov, haroldhaugh@house.mi.gov, rudyhobbs@house.mi.gov, marciahoveywright@house.mi.gov, lisahowze@house.mi.gov, shanellejackson@house.mi.gov, andrewkandrevas@house.mi.gov, marilynlane@house.mi.gov, richardleblanc@house.mi.gov, ellenlipton@house.mi.gov, lesialiss@house.mi.gov, seanmccann@house.mi.gov, davidnathan@house.mi.gov, stacyerwinoakes@house.mi.gov, johnolumba@house.mi.gov, davidrutledge@house.mi.gov, harveysantana@house.mi.gov, royschmidt@house.mi.gov, thomasstallworth@house.mi.gov, dianslavens@house.mi.gov, charlessmiley@house.mi.gov, maureenstapleton@house.mi.gov, jonswitalski@house.mi.gov, albertatalabi@house.mi.gov, rashidatlaib@house.mi.gov, jimtownsend@house.mi.gov, jimmywomack@house.mi.gov... mo

Edited by garyfisher

Added a list of reps so you can just copy and paste into BCC function of email. Thanks everybody!!

richardhammel@house.mi.gov, katesegal@house.mi.gov, woodrowstanley@house.mi.gov, markmeadows@house.mi.gov, stevenlindberg@house.mi.gov, jeffirwin@house.mi.gov, jimananich@house.mi.gov, vickibarnett@house.mi.gov, joanbauer@house.mi.gov, timbledsoe@house.mi.gov, lisabrown@house.mi.gov, charlesbrunner@house.mi.gov, barbbyrum@house.mi.gov, philcavanagh@house.mi.gov, paulclemente@house.mi.gov, bobconstan@house.mi.gov, georgetdarany@house.mi.gov, brandondillon@house.mi.gov, freddurhal@house.mi.gov, douglasgeiss@house.mi.gov, timgreimel@house.mi.gov, haroldhaugh@house.mi.gov, rudyhobbs@house.mi.gov, marciahoveywright@house.mi.gov, lisahowze@house.mi.gov, shanellejackson@house.mi.gov, andrewkandrevas@house.mi.gov, marilynlane@house.mi.gov, richardleblanc@house.mi.gov, ellenlipton@house.mi.gov, lesialiss@house.mi.gov, seanmccann@house.mi.gov, davidnathan@house.mi.gov, stacyerwinoakes@house.mi.gov, johnolumba@house.mi.gov, davidrutledge@house.mi.gov, harveysantana@house.mi.gov, royschmidt@house.mi.gov, thomasstallworth@house.mi.gov, dianslavens@house.mi.gov, charlessmiley@house.mi.gov, maureenstapleton@house.mi.gov, jonswitalski@house.mi.gov, albertatalabi@house.mi.gov, rashidatlaib@house.mi.gov, jimtownsend@house.mi.gov, jimmywomack@house.mi.gov... mo

Added a list of reps so you can just copy and paste into BCC function of email. Thanks everybody!!

Thanks GF!

Can you edit your message and remove the ..mo at the end of the addresses so the copy/paste does not include it? My email program barfed on it.

I agree with Malamute.

I believe this is the most important thread on the entire website...(Hell, I spent all day on it! LMAO! Puff, puff, pass...)

In the past year I have become friends with a few of the legislative aides in the offices of the democratic membership. After I sent the first two and got back the automatic replies, I knew I had to jazz up the letter to get a personal response.

As far as them getting a "super majority in the Senate"? I think that's a done deal. But, in the House? They don't have the numbers BUT they have been jamming things through and making them effective immediately. Those that watch The Rachel Maddow Show on MSNBC know exactly what I am talking about.

The Speaker of the House, the same guy who is the Chairman of those MMJ hearings that many of you went and testified at is the one Rachel Maddow has been showcasing each night. The republicans are passing bills claiming to have a "super majority" when they clearly do NOT.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/the-rachel-maddow-show/46999907#46999907

As I asked my wife this, "Honey, where is the big bottle of topical oil? Come rub some on my neck and shoulders." She still hasn't answered me. :D

I'm tired, sore, and worn out. I need a raise and better benefits!

:)):o:P

Mizerman

:D;):rolleyes:

p.s. watch the video - it is shocking as to what the republicans are doing

Edited by mizerman

Has anyone been in touch with the press to generate coverage?

Rachel Maddow seems pretty interested in the doings of the MI Legislature, I want to contact her with a link to this post or something, but just not sure how / what to write to the press, and working on mailing our State Reps.

Ty sparklybuds. I appreciate that effort.

In regard to talking head to head with legislators, it is generally required that you make contact with a member's office to schedule an appointment. Simply showing up at the Capitol expecting to be able to corner any of these people is a crapshoot, and you may walk away disappointed.

I just got off the phone with Richard Hammel's office and was told that he can be counted on to vote to defeat the bill package, and asked that he use his position as caucus leader to twist any and all arms he can find to do the same. They will get back with me regarding the currency of the available text of those bills.

Edited by GregS