Renewal Of An Expired Card

Yes file a new application. That is the procedure.

Hmm, never read that anywhere?

I have had my card expire, and just printed the renewal form and made a new appointment. all is well as of today.?

Trix

:bong2:

You have had a card and have been approved so why would you file as A NEW applicant? and not one that has a registry number already?

http://www.michigan....1869---,00.html

That is a link to LARA directly, there they explain the process of which to follow when applying for a new applicant or the rules to follow for a renewal applicant.

You will find a link in blue on the page to find the renewal application on the page.

Trix

P.s I didn't see a difference between the two applications. Just depends if your renewing with the same Dr. or a new one each time.

They say NEW!

Here are the links for each

Application Form and Instructions New!<li><li> RENEWAL Application Form and Instructions New!

When renewing an expired card ... should the patient file a new application or should they file a renewal application ?

Once your card has expired, you will need to file a new patient application. You are no longer renewing once expired. The difference between the two..is strictly the application page..on renewal it will ask for your patient registry id number..but not on the new patient app..all other forms are exactly the same. AK

Once your card has expired, you will need to file a new patient application. You are no longer renewing once expired. The difference between the two..is strictly the application page..on renewal it will ask for your patient registry id number..but not on the new patient app..all other forms are exactly the same. AK

Hmm somethings weird then cause my card expires on 4/1 each year.. 3rd year now and I filed a renewal application each year was after the expiration date on the card and still came back just the same as the last, I do believe each card has the same number. I will Edit: when I have my wallet and id #'s.. never since my 1st time have I done a new applicant form... I have been late 2 of the 3 years with all renewal, late or not.... just saw the same Dr. each time...

Trix

Edit: all same registry Id numbers on each card

R 333.117 Annual renewal; expiration of registry identification card; fee.

Rule 17. (1) Pursuant to section 6(e) of the act, a registry identification card shall be renewed on

an annual basis to maintain active status as a registered qualifying patient or a registered primary caregiver.

(2) A registry identification card shall expire on the first day of the month 1 year following issuance of the card.

(3) An applicant for renewal of a registry identification card shall submit an application and information as provided in R 333.103(a), © and (d).

(4) If an applicant fails to comply with subrules (1) and (3) of this rule by the expiration date on the registry identification card, the registry identification card shall be considered null and void and of no further effect. The applicant may submit a new application to the department.

(5) The department shall verify the renewal application information in the same manner as specified in R 333.109.

http://www7.dleg.state.mi.us/orr/Files/AdminCode/104_45_AdminCode.pdf

R 333.117 Annual renewal; expiration of registry identification card; fee.

Rule 17. (1) Pursuant to section 6(e) of the act, a registry identification card shall be renewed on

an annual basis to maintain active status as a registered qualifying patient or a registered primary caregiver.

(2) A registry identification card shall expire on the first day of the month 1 year following issuance of the card.

(3) An applicant for renewal of a registry identification card shall submit an application and information as provided in R 333.103(a), © and (d).

(4) If an applicant fails to comply with subrules (1) and (3) of this rule by the expiration date on the registry identification card, the registry identification card shall be considered null and void and of no further effect. The applicant may submit a new application to the department.

(5) The department shall verify the renewal application information in the same manner as specified in R 333.109.

http://www7.dleg.sta...5_AdminCode.pdf

Hemp,

I have had my renewals go through in the past as well, but the law says otherwise once past expiration date.

The forms are very much the same I will look in a moment to verify the difference, But better to be safe than sorry. Especially with the switch from MDCH to LARA and the way the house is looking at the new bills on expired cards.

I have been through the system over a simple box that had a check mark on it, in a box they didn't think was the right one!!! lost just about everything but my life, you were there!

Better safe than sorry, is all if the law says 'new app' who am I to say don't do it that way .

Trix

The only thing I see different is some wording in section B "Only list the caregiver number if the caregiver is already registered with this patient." and at the bottom of section C is "If neither or both boxes are checked, plant possession will default to the Applicant/Patient." reffering to the box that I didnt check right for my court appearance how bout that!!

Other than that I see the same applications, new wording which changed.

Hemp,

I have had my renewals go through in the past as well, but the law says otherwise once past expiration date.

The forms are very much the same I will look in a moment to verify the difference, But better to be safe than sorry. Especially with the switch from MDCH to LARA and the way the house is looking at the new bills on expired cards.

I have been through the system over a simple box that had a check mark on it, in a box they didn't think was the right one!!! lost just about everything but my life, you were there!

Better safe than sorry, is all if the law says 'new app' who am I to say don't do it that way .

Trix

The only thing I see different is some wording in section B "Only list the caregiver number if the caregiver is already registered with this patient." and at the bottom of section C is "If neither or both boxes are checked, plant possession will default to the Applicant/Patient." reffering to the box that I didnt check right for my court appearance how bout that!!

Other than that I see the same applications, new wording which changed.

I had an issue with those two boxes also. My patient sent in the form with neither box checked ..but with all the caregiver info. When I noticed it three months later I freeked. I cut back 12 girls to be safe. Then when the card arrived 3 months after that ... all the caregiver stuff was on it . The caregiver was authorized to posses the 12 plants. Those boxes are so small and easy to pass over. It's funny how such a crtical element of the application is so easy to mess up

When renewing an expired card ... should the patient file a new application or should they file a renewal application ?

You file a renewell and it should have been filed 60 day prior to expiration, if you go 60 days after card expires you need to file a new app, and of course, it would be best to go to the same dr. who certed you last time, but Ive been to 3 diff dr.s in 3 yrs, all renewells!

I hope that helps you!

Peace

Jim

What a great question...I have personally called the department a total of ten (10) times and sadly never received the same answer from whomever answered the phone. One operator was nice to send me this...hope it helps. Always better to go with caution....

Michigan Medical Marihuana Registry ID Card Renewal Application INSTRUCTIONS

Pursuant to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act and General Rules, all renewal applications will be approved or denied within 20 days of receipt. If approved, your new registry ID card will expire one year from this approval date.

If you do not submit a renewal application PRIOR to the expiration of your current registry ID card, your card will be NULL and VOID as of the expiration date. After the expiration date, you can no longer submit a RENEWAL application.

You can, however, submit a NEW application.

Me personally, I would send a NEW application; one less reason for them to deny because you mailed in the wrong form. Remember when any person, staff, or department is overwhelemed, they look for reasons to kick out not keep in.

What a great question...I have personally called the department a total of ten (10) times and sadly never received the same answer from whomever answered the phone. One operator was nice to send me this...hope it helps. Always better to go with caution....

Michigan Medical Marihuana Registry ID Card Renewal Application INSTRUCTIONS

Pursuant to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act and General Rules, all renewal applications will be approved or denied within 20 days of receipt. If approved, your new registry ID card will expire one year from this approval date.

If you do not submit a renewal application PRIOR to the expiration of your current registry ID card, your card will be NULL and VOID as of the expiration date. After the expiration date, you can no longer submit a RENEWAL application.

You can, however, submit a NEW application.

Me personally, I would send a NEW application; one less reason for them to deny because you mailed in the wrong form. Remember when any person, staff, or department is overwhelemed, they look for reasons to kick out not keep in.

all good, My card expired on 12-1, I just recieved the card last thurs, Ive had the letter of approval for maybe 6 wks now, but with my plastic it states

A renewal application is required within 60 days of the expiration of the enclosed card to maintain active statuse. Please visit our website to download the renewal application and for further infromation at www.michigan.gov/mmp.

Peace

Jim

I have seen it done both ways. Up to this point, I have not seen either be rejected. Personally, I advise under the section copied above. NEW application after expiration. Just because they have allowed it to go through up until now, dosen't mean they always will. Better safe than sorry.

On another note:

I did see one rejection received due to sending the application many months after the doctor had signed. Whether this is consistent or not is beyond me.

I have seen it done both ways. Up to this point, I have not seen either be rejected. Personally, I advise under the section copied above. NEW application after expiration. Just because they have allowed it to go through up until now, dosen't mean they always will. Better safe than sorry.

On another note:

I did see one rejection received due to sending the application many months after the doctor had signed. Whether this is consistent or not is beyond me.

We have been told by the operators answering the phone that the physicians certification and application form must be less than 90 days old when they receive it?

We have been told by the operators answering the phone that the physicians certification and application form must be less than 90 days old when they receive it?

Unless that's changed since lara took over, I was told by someone at mdch that physician certifications are good for one year, they can be submitted 11 months after written and they will still accept it.

Unless that's changed since lara took over, I was told by someone at mdch that physician certifications are good for one year, they can be submitted 11 months after written and they will still accept it.

. http://www.michigan....2140---,00.html

Question: Why do I need to have a physician sign and date a "Physician Certification" form? Why can't I just provide my medical records?

Answer: According to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA), a physician must state in writing that the patient has a qualifying debilitating medical condition and that medical marihuana may mitigate the symptoms or effects of that condition. The MMMP contacts each physician during the application process to verify the patient is under the physician's care. A signed and dated "Physician Certification" must be current within 3 months of the date of a person's new or renewal application.

• 1 month later...

Was trying to find another thread will still look but to help patients there is NO form letter from SSD that will satisfy the State now don't use the automated system . You must talk to a " Agent " and have them type a letter stating your on SSD if that is your qualification and your determination is over 5 years ago . They no where make this clear on the LARA site and some at SSD will also try to send a form letter ' Statement of Benefits " which always satisfied patient needs on other programs used by Government . I talked to someone today that was confused whom the State sent a denial letter to way past the proper timeframe . They spoke with two staff members at LARA neither could explain how their renewal would not be interupted or agreed on what would happen next . The patient was very afraid they would not be convered at this point even if their paperwork was re-sent in before the expiration date and it was too close to now to wait for a new letter from SSD . They had sent in two months early . . LARA officials did answer phones now but differed widely on the proper flow of their renewal one saying their would be a gap in coverage with monies applied for renewal kept a year another was saying their was a 60 day protection is built into the system so they would be active if law enforcement checked the system . They were told if they sent in the money because getting proper documentation now in time was impossible they could get a refund only after the card was later issued . We all know that can take several months . The rumors cards or denials are coming on time is wrong . May God protect them and all patients who need very simple easy to follow rules for the weakest and sickest among them . This means also the bedridden and individuals confined to homes in decline struggling with daily activities ! We have had recorded deaths from individuals too taxed to defend themselves against the system . How is it the rules committee is making so many hoops for individuals and our lawmakers have not changed the law to reflect that having plants is no longer indicative or enough standard of proof of a intent to distribute . The very first paragraphs of the Act state the Citizens of Michigan recognize marihuana has medical uses .

Edited by Croppled1

• 3 months later...