The Weather

This weather we are having right now is playing all kinds of nice & colorful pains to my neck, shoulders, arms and all the way through my fingers today. My neck just made a cracking sound. YUMMY! :hot::growl::thumbsd:

When the barometric pressure starts to rise, along with high humidity, precipitation (or, just the threat of it) it is enough to make me barely be able to shuffle around like Fred G. Sanford and complain like Archie Bunker to the highest of degrees. (It's hard to look down now...lucky for those of you who don't like my postings now... nor in the past.)

I apologize to those I have offended. I am in constant & debilitating pain 24/7, 365 days a year. They want to do another operation. At the present moment I am saying no way. I'm currently fused between c-4 and c-7. I now have a herniated disc at the c-3 level and badly bulging ones at the t-1 and t-2 levels.

I wonder how many more patients are in this condition or worse where just basic chores in the house are getting to be too much at times...much less leaving the house and doing anything...or getting anything done.

My neck issues pale in comparison to the back problems my wife has. As bad as my neck is, I can still walk...not well at times, but I still manage. My wife had a failed back surgery at the L-5, S-1 level. She might be in worse shape now. I'm just venting and kind of at my wits end and not sure what to do.

We've managed to get by on our own for over a decade. Her injury date was in December '96 and hasn't worked since. My injury date was in January 2001 and ditto for me. It kind of boggles my mind I've been this way for this long.

She and I had great jobs and didn't have a care in the world when we met. We just ran into some serious health issues and thankfully have had the other person to fall back on. I guess with some incredibly good luck we have made it this far.

(Note: My wife is reading this with me right now 04/17/2012 @ 12:54am - she says it isn't luck it's our Guardian Angels...working overtime in protecting and watching out over us)

Don't worry; I'm not threatening anybody on here. Hell, most days it's hard for either she or I to open a jar of pickles or hold up a gallon of milk. I might disagree with you 100% (but, I really have difficulty doing even the most basic every day things that most people take for granted.) I think I need to call our doctor and see if we can arrange to have some sort of service come in and help us with things that have proven to be too difficult at times...or, just too painful to do on some days. We are both getting Social Security Disability benefits and we have traditional MediCare.

Do any of you know if it's possible for people like us to get some type of assistance through MediCare and how much our part would be? Is it even affordable? I'm guessing it's not and we'll just continue to be bent over financially without even a small, personal-sized, tube of Warming K-Y Lubricant to help ease the pain.

I have found out one thing. If she and I get a divorce, I would qualify for a lot more benefits at both the state and federal level. Do any of you know what I am talking about? Disabled couples get penalized because they ARE married!

One last thing. She and I had another caregiver completely take advantage of us just after I banned myself last year. This last one was even related to my wife - distant cousins. We filled out the change forms several months ago showing her as my caregiver and me as hers. Now we have four cards! LOL!

Luckily, one of your banned & former moderators, hooked us up with some excellent Black Domina and some simply delicious Super Lemon Haze.

So, as Bill Murray so eloquently said in Caddyshack, "So, I got that goin' for me...which is nice. :thumbsu: "

Why aren't there caregivers who grow 12 dedicated plants for that 1 designated patient? Just wondering why a caregiver wouldn't want to sign-up two people and grow 24 plants just for them? Do four cycles of 6 every 2-3 weeks. One plant per harvest for she and I.

-------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: Hell, we would even harvest our two plants each time...as that would be enjoyable. It might take us all day to do it...but it would be enjoyable. (Kind of like how we've come to look forward to listening to Planet GreenTrees each week.) It's the little things that have now started to mean a lot to both she and I. The birthday shout-out damned near made me drop our Iolite Vaporizer. Thanks :lol:

So, Caregiver gets the other 5 and can do whatever they want. Is that not enough? Am I missing something here? Apparently so. This law since its inception is anything but patient friendly in our opinion.

I'm not looking for arguments, just telling it from our perspective.

Mizerman & Mizerwoman

Edited by mizerman

When the barometric pressure starts to rise, along with high humidity, precipitation (or, just the threat of it) it is enough to make me barely be able to shuffle around like Fred G. Sanford and complain like Archie Bunker to the highest of degrees.

Me too and my sis this can lead down a road of sitting at the pute, standing, sitting at the pute, no relief. Most disorders or diseases are also affected by a 20 degree change in temp in a 24 hour period. Shall we say Michigan :)

I wonder how many more patients are in this condition or worse where just basic chores in the house are getting to be too much at times...much less leaving the house and doing anything...or getting anything done.

I hear ya and I don't go out because a trip out can mean I don't do anything for days. I can't sweep or lift or do anything considered heavier then normal, which is about everything. I am lucky to have someone here with me I'm grateful for that but well my house is not clean and it use to be very clean. Now I have to wear blinders so it doesn't depress me. I don't have company over for a few reasons but one of them is because my house now embarrasses me.

My neck issues pale in comparison to the back problems my wife has. As bad as my neck is, I can still walk...not well at times, but I still manage. My wife had a failed back surgery at the L-5, S-1 level. She might be in worse shape now. I'm just venting and kind of at my wits end and not sure what to do.

It kind of boggles my mind I've been this way for this long.

Ditto I went on disability in 96 and dang won't be long it will be 20 years. I thought I might be able to return to work someday.

I think I need to call our doctor and see if we can arrange to have some sort of service come in and help us with things that have proven to be too difficult at times...or, just too painful to do on some days.

I am not sure how much help they can provide with housework?

We are both getting Social Security Disability benefits and we have traditional MediCare.

Do you qualify for Medicaid? I am on medicare and my niece is on medicaid. She actually gets more then I do in aid of any type and her medical bills are covered, her copay for scripts is minimal. Her home is paid for through HUD and all her utilities, she gets help with food. When it is all added up she gets an easy $1000 more then I do and that isn't' even taking the cost of medicare, co-pays, or scripts into consideration. She has never worked much because she was in a car accident when she was a teen but something does not seem right if people who work and become disabled can not be afforded the same amount of care and benefits of those who have not. Anyway you might want to call a SS office and they might find some programs for you.

Disabled couples get penalized because they ARE married!

I knew two couples who got a divorce and live together because of this type thing crazy but hey it works. ;)

Just wondering why a caregiver wouldn't want to sign-up two people and grow 24 plants just for them? Do four cycles of 6 every 2-3 weeks. One plant per harvest for she and I.

That's a good question and ya know I see patients not be able to find good caregivers and I don't understand it majority of time either.

You may be misunderstanding grow time. The plant needs to veg at least 8 weeks, flower at least 8-9 weeks for most popular strains. 16-17 weeks, 12 plants means you could have a harvest of 1 plant per patient every 1.5 weeks. Unless a clone died. Or a seed was male. Or a strain went a week or two longer to ripen. You're really looking at a plant per patient ripe every 2-3 weeks. that's the total you are allowed to grow. That is also the amount you want to take home. I would certainly be willing to do it,if you were willing to pay for all the costs involved in total grow. Is that what you are asking?

I can really relate to the weather raising cain with your body. I too have a similar condition. I like northern lights for the pain relief and the flavor.

As i write this my body is on the war path, feet aching and pain moving up my legs. Another storm on the way...hot.gif

I appreciate the response.

You may be misunderstanding grow time. The plant needs to veg at least 8 weeks, flower at least 8-9 weeks for most popular strains. 16-17 weeks, 12 plants means you could have a harvest of 1 plant per patient every 1.5 weeks. Unless a clone died. Or a seed was male. Or a strain went a week or two longer to ripen. You're really looking at a plant per patient ripe every 2-3 weeks. that's the total you are allowed to grow. That is also the amount you want to take home. I would certainly be willing to do it,if you were willing to pay for all the costs involved in total grow. Is that what you are asking?

PM me. That's not what I'm asking and I know all about grow times. I simply can't do it where we live. Thought I could but I cannot.

Whatever the "grow time" is, assuming we use your 16 weeks...let's break it down this way.

Let's take 12 plants and divide them up into a 16 week period. Harvest 3 every 4 weeks. I get one - the caregiver gets 2. Is that not "do-able"?

I guess this all depends on how experienced of a grower you are and what your average harvest/yield is per plant, doesn't it?

I noticed one person reading this as soon as I got done with the original post. That person used to be my caregiver and also my wife's as well. I didn't see a response from her....shocking.

Maybe I should repost some, or all, of my article "My Experience With Bogus Caregivers" from last year's Midwest Cultivator...and clean the article up and post it the way it was written and NOT the way it was edited before going to print.

Plus, update everything else in that article as well? Is this okay moderators? Am I allowed to tell the truth?

Since the word "medical" is in the name of this website, can I tell how this issue has had a "medical" affect on my wife and I?

Mizerman

p.s. I don't think anyone quite understands - nor wants to understand - what an elderly and/or disabled person goes through as far as cost-of-living, Medi-Care, prescription drug coverage, vs. high cost of replacing prescriptions with medical grade cannabis. Do you know how MediCare Part D works? I pay a fee of about $100 a month taken out of my Social Security Disability check to pay for MediCare. I pay a fee of about $65 a month taken out of that same check that is for prescription coverage. I chose this higher amount so I have no copays at the pharmacy if I get a generic equivalent.

Edited by mizerman

I understand and there are probably a lot of people on Medicare or Medicaid here that can relate. The money they take out really hurts plus part D cost then if your like me the copay. Have you tried calling Social Security or looking at their website for more information? I've read where they can help you with the cost by reducing or eliminating the Med B cost and the Part D ins. coverage.

Mizerman

p.s. I don't think anyone quite understands - nor wants to understand - what an elderly and/or disabled person goes through as far as cost-of-living, Medi-Care, prescription drug coverage, vs. high cost of replacing prescriptions with medical grade cannabis. Do you know how MediCare Part D works? I pay a fee of about $100 a month taken out of my Social Security Disability check to pay for MediCare. I pay a fee of about $65 a month taken out of that same check that is for prescription coverage. I chose this higher amount so I have no copays at the pharmacy if I get a generic equivalent.

I understand and there are probably a lot of people on Medicare or Medicaid here that can relate. The money they take out really hurts plus part D cost then if your like me the copay. Have you tried calling Social Security or looking at their website for more information? I've read where they can help you with the cost by reducing or eliminating the Med B cost and the Part D ins. coverage.

I'm married and therefore no other programs or cost-cutting measures that I would qualify for.

On a side note, I just realized I mis-spelled a fairly simple word in the subject/topic section of the post...LOL! I was nearly cross-eyed in pain.

It was supposed to read:

The Weather

Anyone else "feel" like they've been hit by a truck today?

I typed in "fell" instead of "feel"...LOL! Maybe my subconscious and nearly unconscious mind was trying to get me to say that I "felt like I fell down in front of a truck...therefore feeling like I've been hit by a truck...!" LMAO!

Puff, puff, pass...

Laughter is a great medicine!

Mizerman

p.s. I finally figured out how to change it...LMAO!

Edited by mizerman

I'm married and therefore no other programs or cost-cutting measures that I would qualify for.

That stinks maybe you should get a divorce. Just kidd'en. I don't qualify for anything much myself. I get a small break on my Part D. Some of it the state looks at you to closely right now due to our governor although there is a need for that for those collecting when they aren't legally doing so. I want my privacy more then the small amount they give out, it is incredibly low. I get $42 a year yep year for heating credit. What I get back in homestead credit goes toward bills or if I can keep it long enough toward the next years property taxes.

That stinks maybe you should get a divorce. Just kidd'en. I don't qualify for anything much myself. I get a small break on my Part D. Some of it the state looks at you to closely right now due to our governor although there is a need for that for those collecting when they aren't legally doing so. I want my privacy more then the small amount they give out, it is incredibly low. I get $42 a year yep year for heating credit. What I get back in homestead credit goes toward bills or if I can keep it long enough toward the next years property taxes.

I know the situation you are describing all too well. I guess we are supposed to be happy with the crumbs they give us little people.

Yes

the barometer changes wreak havoc on me

I have a 36 plant perpetual grow

I use 1000 watts in flower 12/12

600watts in veg 20 on 4 off

208 watts in clone mother area continuous on

I run three additional fans

a heat mat

and pumps air/water

Not to mention nutrients and insecticide, grow medium, containers....

I am able to do this because my social security doubled when I became disabled

same as yours

What incentive is there for me to grow for you for free?

You need to realize as it stands now there is no legal means for me to profit from overages

If you want a quality/reliable real caregiver you are going to have to bring something to the table besides

the opportunity to provide you with free meds

You would have a better understanding if you had a grow or two under your belt

Great caregivers are out there but the ride isn't free for them eithernotfair.gif

Oh I read that wrong I didn't realize he wanted meds for free?

Yes

the barometer changes wreak havoc on me

I have a 36 plant perpetual grow

I use 1000 watts in flower 12/12

600watts in veg 20 on 4 off

208 watts in clone mother area continuous on

I run three additional fans

a heat mat

and pumps air/water

Not to mention nutrients and insecticide, grow medium, containers....

I am able to do this because my social security doubled when I became disabled

same as yours

What incentive is there for me to grow for you for free?

You need to realize as it stands now there is no legal means for me to profit from overages

If you want a quality/reliable real caregiver you are going to have to bring something to the table besides

the opportunity to provide you with free meds

You would have a better understanding if you had a grow or two under your belt

Great caregivers are out there but the ride isn't free for them eithernotfair.gif

I never said I wanted it for free. Beans said that.

Also, Beans, my social security disability check did NOT double.

(I have no clue what in the heck you are talking about.)

From now on when I see your screen name I won't be able to think of anything but this.

The monthly benefit I began receiving in 2003 at the ripe old age of 38 didn't "double" and I've gotten miniscule raises since...maybe a few dollars now more per month than in 2003 due to the monthly MediCare deductions increasing as have my prescription drug monthly premiums.

C'mon Beans, I'd expect you, of all people, to be able to keep up with the conversation better than that.

Please point that out for me in anything that has been said in this thread.

I wish that in addition to the current patient/caregiver system there was a system in place where my doctor could simply prescribe it (because my doctor would do so if it was possible) and my wife and I could simply drive to our pharmacy and pick it up...and not have to deal with all of this b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t.

Hell, the "mom & pop pharmacy" we use is about 30 miles away from us. We go there because it happens to be on the floor below our pain management physician's office. Plus, there is a HUGE difference between all of the generic equivalent medications. Getting the exact same Rx's my doctor prescribes and having them filled at a place like RiteAid, Walmart, or any other name brand pharmacy might put us in the hospital!!! Some medications are too hard on our stomachs...which makes the already unpleasant side effects worse than what is on the warning labels. I've found that if it's manufactured at a pharmacy that is NOT in the United States, there's a HUGE difference and it's not a good difference for a patient. It might kill me. No kidding.

Anyway, this pharmacy and our pain management physician know we are both medical marijuana patients. They have both seen our pill intake reductions when we had steady and consistent supplies of medical grade cannabis. Unfortunately for us, that has only happened for brief stretches of time in the last few years since medical marijuana became legal here.

I hope to see a change in my lifetime for when I can get this medicine prescribed from my doctor and filled by that pharmacy. Our doctor would prescribe it and that pharmacy would fill it. For patients like us, that is really the best way. I use it as a medicine and that's the way I, unfortunately, view what the word "caregiver" means. I just haven't met any caregiver that views a "patient" in the same way.

Mizerman & Mizerwoman

Well

that is one of my favorite movies

Why don't you lay it out here Miz

What exactly , (be specific) would you like from your next caregiver?

What would they expect in return from you?

Seems like we are not hearing each other correctly

In a perfect world I would love to quit growing and have my meds paid for with other peoples tax dollars....

after 40 years of full time employment and paying to the system i was eligible for social security income

but due to becoming disabled I receive (or anyone for that matter) SSD, my income is doubled

That means my friends who are on SSI make less than I do

No matter the situation I always remain mindful that others are worse off than me

I don't stomp my feet and whine when people don't fall over themselves when I stumble or need help

I pick myself up and try to do better on my own

I have two mortgages/taxes on underwater homes, limited income and my wife will have to work as a waitress until she can no

longer physically do it

I count on myself and not others to hook me up

When someone says "can't" I see "don't want too"

So my point is

We all have difficulties we have to deal with

and sometimes it makes us sound ungrateful for the things we do have

That's how you come off to me on the web

Your always throwing out the disability thing like your not even willing to try

IE...

" p.s. I don't think anyone quite understands - nor wants to understand - what an elderly and/or disabled person goes through as far as cost-of-living, Medi-Care, prescription drug coverage, vs. high cost of replacing prescriptions with medical grade cannabis"

Plenty of people have walked this road in varying degrees

You can grow

You would be amazed at what I can do in a 12 square foot closet, or a cabinet even

You could set out some fair and realistic expectations with a caregiver with a proven track record

Your a real smart guy I am sure you have even more Ideas

BTW did you know that your can earn up to $800 a month without effecting your SSD payments +

the social security office offers at home on your phone/computer jobs rolleyes.gif

When you start those rants how we (caregivers) are all in it for the money -You are wrong

So here I am still trying to figure if I can meet your needs - Let's hear it?

One last thing

FRANKS & BEANS, FRANKS & BEANS, FRANKS & BEANS

I never said I wanted it for free. Beans said that.

Also, Beans, my social security disability check did NOT double.

(I have no clue what in the heck you are talking about.)

From now on when I see your screen name I won't be able to think of anything but this.

The monthly benefit I began receiving in 2003 at the ripe old age of 38 didn't "double" and I've gotten minuscule raises since...maybe a few dollars now more per month than in 2003 due to the monthly MediCare deductions increasing as have my prescription drug monthly premiums.

C'mon Beans, I'd expect you, of all people, to be able to keep up with the conversation better than that.

Please point that out for me in anything that has been said in this thread.

I wish that in addition to the current patient/caregiver system there was a system in place where my doctor could simply prescribe it (because my doctor would do so if it was possible) and my wife and I could simply drive to our pharmacy and pick it up...and not have to deal with all of this b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t.

Hell, the "mom & pop pharmacy" we use is about 30 miles away from us. We go there because it happens to be on the floor below our pain management physician's office. Plus, there is a HUGE difference between all of the generic equivalent medications. Getting the exact same Rx's my doctor prescribes and having them filled at a place like Rite Aid, Walmart , or any other name brand pharmacy might put us in the hospital!!! Some medications are too hard on our stomachs...which makes the already unpleasant side effects worse than what is on the warning labels. I've found that if it's manufactured at a pharmacy that is NOT in the United States, there's a HUGE difference and it's not a good difference for a patient. It might kill me. No kidding.

Anyway, this pharmacy and our pain management physician know we are both medical marijuana patients. They have both seen our pill intake reductions when we had steady and consistent supplies of medical grade cannabis. Unfortunately for us, that has only happened for brief stretches of time in the last few years since medical marijuana became legal here.

I hope to see a change in my lifetime for when I can get this medicine prescribed from my doctor and filled by that pharmacy. Our doctor would prescribe it and that pharmacy would fill it. For patients like us, that is really the best way. I use it as a medicine and that's the way I, unfortunately, view what the word "caregiver" means. I just haven't met any caregiver that views a "patient" in the same way.

Mizerman & Mizerwoman

Your not thinking this through well cannabis is a natural non toxic herb there is no reason to restrict it and have a pharmacy control it in its natural form . However altered medications or preparations using it as a base yes . This is why I say were all effected by discrimination and prejudice when attempting to justify our use and create proper parameters of legality while ending prohibition for medical access of the simple flower . It really doesn't need any rules but personal responsibility period .

You will never be able to afford pharmaceutical access if your having trouble now and professionals are estimating between 40 -100 years before cannabis is excepted similar to how long it took for the end of slavery to be recognized .

Sativex a wonderful compound distributed by Bayer / GW Pharmaceuticals in Canada and Europe would run a minimum of $1600 a month but of course they don't dose like patients are use to under medical cannabis acts and which work . I use between 1/2 to 2 1/2 ozs a week depending on the strain having among other things C section pain after surgical fusion from a motor vehicle accident . I agree with you 100% pharmacy drugs vary in potency and inert ingredients . Our own Government has done tests which have substantiated 50% differences in potency of many narcotics when testing from pill to pill . I know your suffering and feel upset because this helps and you can't afford it . I only get access because I learned to grow with minimal input and I have seen my crops die when I couldn't keep up it is so frustrating and then the fear of being involved with all this argument surrounding legalities .

Oh on scripts you can have a Doctor write the brand name and mark it DNS Do not substitute and you will only get the right thing but it often interferes with where you can purchase meds because each pharmacy usually use only one supplier and sometimes it is still hard to get insurance passed even when doctors presecibe using DNS . .

Beans there is a program now that increases what you can earn the info is at the SSD site . I get less then $150 a week in disability I sure made more then that when able to work when taking into consideration a legal tool called a section 177 expensing rule . . Many of us cover our disabilities up well in public discussions or contact to a point then melt down like Blueberry ( apologies my fellow patient ) did recently . Most severe chronic pain patients increasing activity are prone to impactions and other severe problems including toxicity most often developing Hyperalgesia and needing in patient care that is time consuming to re balance out . . It rarely helps to be critical of others and I don't mean to be doing so now . I wish you both the best . We are dealing with death and decay of individuals which has no solutions in our time but compassion which truly goes a long way toward healing others .

I am sorry if I always come across poorly like a know it all I really just try to pass on what I learned in 16 years and I learned everything I know from others like both of you . God Bless .

Edited by Croppled1

Beans there is a program now that increases what you can earn the info is at the SSD site . I get less then $150 a week in disability I sure made more then that when able to work when taking into consideration a legal tool called a section 177 expensing rule . . Many of us cover our disabilities up well in public discussions or contact to a point then melt down like Blueberry ( apologies my fellow patient ) did recently . Most severe chronic pain patients increasing activity are prone to impactions and other severe problems including toxicity most often developing Hyperalgesia and needing in patient care that is time consuming to re balance out . . It rarely helps to be critical of others and I don't mean to be doing so now . I wish you both the best . We are dealing with death and decay of individuals which has no solutions in our time but compassion which truly goes a long way toward healing others .

I am sorry if I always come across poorly like a now it all I really just try to pass on what I learned in 16 years and I do learn allot from others like both of you . God Bless .

Point taken

I wanted to make this a public job application really

as I do not need additional plant numbers

but I will try to keep my calling foul to myself in the future

Beans, maybe I should call you The Shell Answer Man because you seem to know everything about my financial situation AND the medical dilemmas facing both my wife and I right this very minute. I had no idea I was in the presence of a genius. It is so comforting to be near such an astute and learned scholar of my life's troubles. WOW!

However, I think the video below is far more appropriate. Don't you think?

Or, are you a charter member of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Caregiver's Enrichment Association? (MMMCEA) You know, the group that needs all the protections at the expense of the patients?

If those bills that everyone is so worked up about get passed into law tomorrow, you can blame the republican politicians. Then, take a good look around the community at those who exhibit the "arrogant", "stupid", and "greedy" traits and you'll have it all in a nutshell as to who is to blame.

Hell, it was Joe Cain and Michael Komorn themselves who said they would make certain that my wife and I would get joined with real caregivers.

Would you like to actually talk to me? I'll be more than happy to meet you some place for coffee or chat on the phone. I have nothing to hide.

I'd like to tell you mine and my wife's caregiver stories...and, then...you tell me if I'm wrong.

Also, before this law passed I used to grow both inside and outside when we still had a house. But, since 2007 we've unfortunately been apartment dwellers. I was able to maintain everything financially for about 6 years after my disability and then it all went to hell in a handbasket.

So, unless you want to keep stalking me for your good buddy "mrd" - I'd kindly suggest you stop.

Thanks,

Mizerman

p.s. Beans, beans

they're good for your heart

The more you eat,

the more you fart.

The more you fart,

the better you feel.

So, eat your beans

at every meal!

Beans,

http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/245

•The amount of the monthly disability benefit is based on the Social Security earnings record of the insured worker.

You do realize the difference between SSDI and SSI? There are numerous disabled people who get SSI because they don't have enough work credits to qualify for SSDI.

Plus, your precious tax dollars aren't paying for any of what I receive AND mine aren't paying for yours either. I seriously doubt that you even know how the two programs work and how they are funded.

Hell, I just realized it's "Two For Tuesday"!!!

One last thing, I wouldn't go around bragging that you are somehow, miraculously, receiving a monthly disability benefit from the Social Security Administration for double the amount of what your normal retirement benefit amount would normally be. If that is correct, I'd be putting 50% of that check in the bank and not be spending it because eventually they'll realize the mistake they've made AND want that money back. In all seriousness, Beans, I'd call up an expert in Social Security law and ask them for their advice on how to handle this matter.

It takes them years to catch up on their mistakes. My wife had an attorney handle her workman's comp case back in 1996-98 and he miscalculated the figures. My wife's checks weren't what they were supposed to be when her Social Security Disability finally kicked in. We didn't know they were supposed to be more. In 2006 we went to the credit union one afternoon to withdraw some money and there was about $4600 more in our checking account than what was supposed to be there. No letter from Social Security for about another week explaining our attorney's mistake.

We called them ASAP. I wanted to make sure that the money wasn't supposed to go to someone else. Anyway, the point of the story is this. After talking to a supervisor, they told me that even Social Security makes mistakes and if they've been paying you too much - or - if a lump sum you received was too much - they WILL take the money back from you in either:

1.) Reducing your monthly benefits until such a time the money you owe is repaid

2.) Garnish your bank account(s)

3.) Lien on potential tax refunds

Sorry Beans, you just don't know what you are talking about when you say that someone's Social Security Disability monthly benefit is twice what it would be if you retired.

Supplemental Security Income is given to disabled people who don't qualify based on work credits, or other health issues, and/or is the lowest of safety nets. It is completely different from the type of disability income I receive (and that you supposedly do).

Hugs & Kisses,

Mizerman

p.s. Hump Day is less than 24 hours from now. I sure hope the whole medical marijuana community doesn't get humped tomorrow by the republitards in Lansing! I wish there was a way I could share the video below with all of the members of the republicans in our state legislature

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJm-4ThSXY4

Mizerman there is truth to the statement of the disability check but it is that disability insurance payments for

ssd are higher then social security insurance SSI . The Government forces the disabled onto the latter program by age . My benefit on disability is about 40% higher then what it will be when forced into the retirement program .

It is sad and many disabled live in fear of the day when their payments are reduced . It often forces one who is too sick to figure out how to qualify for housing based on 25% of ones income . I belong to the Eagles and pray I can keep my membership up because they suit me as a non denominational Christain group and they have a place for members that takes in some people under such terms in Eagles Village . If not there are other places of Government housing around the State .

Where I am afraid is when one needs nursing or foster care some of the places are very bad and there is huge discrimination against pain patients and treatment of their needs . Some of the things I must do to survive like sleep in a chair sitting up with my back and neck are considered behavioral problems and one is punished . Dosing to fixed rules are enforced but their not always best especially if some Doctor starts wanting to pour psych drugs through a patient and starts threatening them with force under this concept of forced compliance .

It is sad but we all have allot to fear from LARA and MDCH they through their protection measures and licensing boards of review abuse patients and protect their own . Then there is substance abuse money they receive along with their failed programs with no motivation to improve because nobody listens to patients . Just like Schuette is abusing patients through arrest to keep criminal control of them by the criminal justice system that the act tried to stop . It needs to stop !

The program will not work as long as any of us fear arrest for attempting to participate in good faith using cannabis for comfort / medicine . As far as caregivers many voters did see it as a volunteer position where one who took it on would increase the scale of their operation to help other patients too out of compassion for expenses . A hourly wage is not considered a expense for a sole proprietor that is profit and goes to a Schedule C form on taxes after normal expenses the Government in discrimination is not allowing . I have no idea how caregivers can profit and file their taxes in a legal manner and am amazed people are trying to force the issue without fixing the improper tax treatment that exists at the Federal level . The Ron Paul , Barney Frank bill on medical cannabis would fix this . For many years the bill has just sat in commitee . John Conyers has shown support for it I believe too . We are all on the same side and all have similar problems because of predjudice and discrimination as well as injury and disease other treatments didn' t help with . It's not like we didn't want it too .

Substance abuse theory is taking a terrible toll on patients and the advancement of medicine interfering with care causing fear in Doctors , patients and non directly involved citizens alike . The same goes for this concept of managed care where everyone is treated the same to save time and money it just doesn't work . Just like technological advancements have taken the focus off actual inpatient care due to a need to reduce costs somewhere .

Edited by Croppled1

This weather we are having right now is playing all kinds of nice & colorful pains to my neck, shoulders, arms and all the way through my fingers today. My neck just made a cracking sound. YUMMY! :hot::growl::thumbsd:

When the barometric pressure starts to rise, along with high humidity, precipitation (or, just the threat of it) it is enough to make me barely be able to shuffle around like Fred G. Sanford and complain like Archie Bunker to the highest of degrees. (It's hard to look down now...lucky for those of you who don't like my postings now... nor in the past.)

I apologize to those I have offended. I am in constant & debilitating pain 24/7, 365 days a year. They want to do another operation. At the present moment I am saying no way. I'm currently fused between c-4 and c-7. I now have a herniated disc at the c-3 level and badly bulging ones at the t-1 and t-2 levels.

We've managed to get by on our own for over a decade. Her injury date was in December '96 and hasn't worked since. My injury date was in January 2001 and ditto for me. It kind of boggles my mind I've been this way for this long.

She and I had great jobs and didn't have a care in the world when we met. We just ran into some serious health issues and thankfully have had the other person to fall back on. I guess with some incredibly good luck we have made it this far.

(Note: My wife is reading this with me right now 04/17/2012 @ 12:54am - she says it isn't luck it's our Guardian Angels...working overtime in protecting and watching out over us)

Don't worry; I'm not threatening anybody on here. Hell, most days it's hard for either she or I to open a jar of pickles or hold up a gallon of milk. I might disagree with you 100% (but, I really have difficulty doing even the most basic every day things that most people take for granted.) I think I need to call our doctor and see if we can arrange to have some sort of service come in and help us with things that have proven to be too difficult at times...or, just too painful to do on some days. We are both getting Social Security Disability benefits and we have traditional MediCare.

Do any of you know if it's possible for people like us to get some type of assistance through MediCare and how much our part would be? Is it even affordable? I'm guessing it's not and we'll just continue to be bent over financially without even a small, personal-sized, tube of Warming K-Y Lubricant to help ease the pain.

I have found out one thing. If she and I get a divorce, I would qualify for a lot more benefits at both the state and federal level. Do any of you know what I am talking about? Disabled couples get penalized because they ARE married!

One last thing. She and I had another caregiver completely take advantage of us just after I banned myself last year. This last one was even related to my wife - distant cousins. We filled out the change forms several months ago showing her as my caregiver and me as hers. Now we have four cards! LOL!

Luckily, one of your banned & former moderators, hooked us up with some excellent Black Domina and some simply delicious Super Lemon Haze.

So, as Bill Murray so eloquently said in Caddyshack, "So, I got that goin' for me...which is nice. :thumbsu: "

Why aren't there caregivers who grow 12 dedicated plants for that 1 designated patient? Just wondering why a caregiver wouldn't want to sign-up two people and grow 24 plants just for them? Do four cycles of 6 every 2-3 weeks. One plant per harvest for she and I.

NOTE: Hell, we would even harvest our two plants each time...as that would be enjoyable. It might take us all day to do it...but it would be enjoyable. (Kind of like how we've come to look forward to listening to Planet GreenTrees each week.) It's the little things that have now started to mean a lot to both she and I. The birthday shout-out damned near made me drop our Iolite Vaporizer. Thanks :lol:

So, Caregiver gets the other 5 and can do whatever they want. Is that not enough? Am I missing something here? Apparently so. This law since its inception is anything but patient friendly in our opinion.

Mizerman & Mizerwoman

Skip Welcome Back! Bro It is so nice to have mize back! I feel all you say in this post, and awsome no nonsense post! you softening on me (wait that dont sound right lol)

Bro I just started my own lil grow excactly 2 months ago, well I started it seems my own lil plant killing machine! If you choose to grow in bubbles well all I have to say is I hope you passed science and math, I will be the 1st to admit, Ive said its only weed, it dont take a rocket scientist! I totaly retract that, If you want to grow, qaulity mm and quick it is the way to go, but dont blink or not have the right equipment, they croak over nite and not a darn thing I can do yet! I said yet! in all honest (where the hell is the dirt) lol, Im gonna continue on, and keep asking people questions that I just cant seem to get one answer for!:rolleyes: ,,If you ask 20 people the same question you are gonna get 20 different answers! so I have had to be a darn scientist to try and figure out why the hell im killing my plants!:huh:

Well the first thing was, my ppm meter was a peice of poop! and I wound up with over 2000ppm in all of my plants, w/o the rite testing equip and one wrong move, you wake up with tears! and these plants can take a whole lot, untill you get 5 wks into bud, then the less you touch the better off you are, I love the whole idea of dwc and will stick with it, I have talked to a few that are succesful growers in dwc and feel alot better knowing they butched alot of their 1st plants also, man MY c.g hoooked me up with 3 sweet ready for budd plants, luckily i cut my clones and got 100% success rate there, but man im lacking in the bud room, but with a lil bit of luck I will get at least one out of 3 to the crop! raspberry cough, I put this plant thru as much as the other raspberr and a bubbalicious, my bubba half died when the 1st rasp croaked, and now has root lock, the one that made it, Im pretty sure i can p p in it and it will keep going! knock on wood! (no pun intended) I am not going to quit, but down the road if I cant make it easier, im going back to my old set ups! I didnt start doing this to work my brain till it hurts, I APPOLIGIZE TO THOSE OF YOU GROW GEEKS I HAVE SLAMMED OVER THE YRS! :goodjob:

slap em in dirt and run, that sounds so nice to me right now, but at least I know I have lots of testing to do this morning, Before I can take my regularly schedualed knap!:rolleyes:

It is nice to have you and the mrs back Skip! and I cant tell you how much better I feel knowing you can write like you did above, Now I know your A bi-polar pt just like me :notfair:

Peace Bro

Jim

Mizerman & Mizerwoman

Skip Welcome Back! Bro It is so nice to have mize back! I feel all you say in this post, and awsome no nonsense post! you softening on me (wait that dont sound right lol)

Bro I just started my own lil grow excactly 2 months ago, well I started it seems my own lil plant killing machine! If you choose to grow in bubbles well all I have to say is I hope you passed science and math, I will be the 1st to admit, Ive said its only weed, it dont take a rocket scientist! I totaly retract that, If you want to grow, qaulity mm and quick it is the way to go, but dont blink or not have the right equipment, they croak over nite and not a darn thing I can do yet! I said yet! in all honest (where the hell is the dirt) lol, Im gonna continue on, and keep asking people questions that I just cant seem to get one answer for!:rolleyes: ,,If you ask 20 people the same question you are gonna get 20 different answers! so I have had to be a darn scientist to try and figure out why the hell im killing my plants!:huh:

Well the first thing was, my ppm meter was a peice of poop! and I wound up with over 2000ppm in all of my plants, w/o the rite testing equip and one wrong move, you wake up with tears! and these plants can take a whole lot, untill you get 5 wks into bud, then the less you touch the better off you are, I love the whole idea of dwc and will stick with it, I have talked to a few that are succesful growers in dwc and feel alot better knowing they butched alot of their 1st plants also, man MY c.g hoooked me up with 3 sweet ready for budd plants, luckily i cut my clones and got 100% success rate there, but man im lacking in the bud room, but with a lil bit of luck I will get at least one out of 3 to the crop! raspberry cough, I put this plant thru as much as the other raspberr and a bubbalicious, my bubba half died when the 1st rasp croaked, and now has root lock, the one that made it, Im pretty sure i can p p in it and it will keep going! knock on wood! (no pun intended) I am not going to quit, but down the road if I cant make it easier, im going back to my old set ups! I didnt start doing this to work my brain till it hurts, I APPOLIGIZE TO THOSE OF YOU GROW GEEKS I HAVE SLAMMED OVER THE YRS! :goodjob:

slap em in dirt and run, that sounds so nice to me right now, but at least I know I have lots of testing to do this morning, Before I can take my regularly schedualed knap!:rolleyes:

It is nice to have you and the mrs back Skip! and I cant tell you how much better I feel knowing you can write like you did above, Now I know your A bi-polar pt just like me :notfair:

Peace Bro

Jim

I didn't read that into what you said either that's why I put a question mark behind that about you wanting free meds. :)

I don't think your in an area that is close to me? I am on the west side of the state. If you are on this side and fairly close I would be happy to help you out and not charge you an arm and leg. I can't afford to buy meds so that is why I grow my own. It doesn't take much to start up some clones and I don't take on 5 patients it is just too much work for me but in this case I would make an exception cause you obviously need this along with your wife.

Yea we didn't' get a raise for 2 years wasn' it? Some of the COL raises were a bit of a joke.

Jim I have to chuckle cause my first attempts sucked big time and still things happen that can wreck your grow in a heartbeat. Some of these guys amaze me at what they do. I use clones, sometimes seeds, and soil. Those that use genetic clones are light years ahead of me but it fascinates me. I'm learning all the time from all the growers that so generously share their knowledge but hear ya on the ask 20 you'll get 20 different answers :)

Lots of great advice but the best way is what your doing IMHO, trial and error with taking what works best for you and going with it. I'm still doing somethings with trail and error to try to produce specific types that are suppose to help with certain things, wow do I have a long way to go! I've only been doing this for a few years and still feel like I am step 1 at times.

I am going to try strawberry cough and jillybean, they are both suppose to be really good for depression. I love Cali and funky monkey for depression both work really well. Depression is the pits to deal with and try to treat. It's really hard to explain to people what it is like if they haven't ever had to deal with it. I have a lot of family members who are bipolar and it is a capital B for sure. My daughter was bipolar and it would break my heart to watch her go through so much with the mood cycling.

Jim I have to chuckle cause my first attempts sucked big time and still things happen that can wreck your grow in a heartbeat. Some of these guys amaze me at what they do. I use clones, sometimes seeds, and soil. Those that use genetic clones are light years ahead of me but it fascinates me. I'm learning all the time from all the growers that so generously share their knowledge but hear ya on the ask 20 you'll get 20 different answers :)

Lots of great advice but the best way is what your doing IMHO, trial and error with taking what works best for you and going with it. I'm still doing somethings with trail and error to try to produce specific types that are suppose to help with certain things, wow do I have a long way to go! I've only been doing this for a few years and still feel like I am step 1 at times.

I am going to try strawberry cough and jillybean, they are both suppose to be really good for depression. I love Cali and funky monkey for depression both work really well. Depression is the pits to deal with and try to treat. It's really hard to explain to people what it is like if they haven't ever had to deal with it. I have a lot of family members who are bipolar and it is a capital B for sure. My daughter was bipolar and it would break my heart to watch her go through so much with the mood cycling.

1st Please Accept my Heart Felt and Honest Appology!:( I hope you can find it in your heart to accept my humble appology's,(i have a feeling you will after reading your post^)

Your chuckling at my failure :lol: well me too! and im far from an amature! roglmao! I was truly lost and had faulty equipment to boot! :hot:

My Brain hurts!

Peace

Jim