Dr Greenthumbs Bubba X Og

If they are late stage I don't mind a few at all.  They make great Fem seeds.crosses.  Out of all the types of hermaphroditism that's the least worrisome and most advantageous.  Mine came early.  I was hoping to keep them down by pulling if it was the type that only happens at the nodes.  unfortunately they were in the female flowers, at the nodes and everywhere else. 

When mine di it I also had a ph problem.  I'll have to try again, it does look beautiful.

If they are late stage I don't mind a few at all.  They make great Fem seeds.crosses.  Out of all the types of hermaphroditism that's the least worrisome and most advantageous.  Mine came early.  I was hoping to keep them down by pulling if it was the type that only happens at the nodes.  unfortunately they were in the female flowers, at the nodes and everywhere else. 

When mine di it I also had a ph problem.  I'll have to try again, it does look beautiful.

Thanks I had one lone single seed gifted to me via my patient brother I grew it out took down the original plant and ended up with a dozen healthy full sized girls via my ez cloner .

• 4 months later...

Well, sad to report, but my bubba OG experience turned out to be a full on disaster. All 6 seeds germinated, all looked great in veg .... and then they just didn't grow any buds worth the time and space it took to grown them. Some frosty, but no smell/aroma of any interest, no yield, no potency ... just absolute duds. I've been growing for decades and I've had plenty of seed packs that were disappointing, but never at this price and with this amount of hype. I contacted Dr. G and politely showed him my results ... and he told me basically to pound sand.

Here's just of few of the lousy plants ... happy to post more if you're interested. This was a crushingly bad result, I'd much rather be here bragging about how great my results are, but this was a full on fail ...

rabbit

BOG1BUD_zpsd6f24332.jpg

BOG2BUD_zps980599d6.jpg

BOG1BUD_zpsd6f24332.jpg

BOG5BUDCopy_zpsc038b8dd.jpg

BOG6PLANT-Copy_zpsa8c2f7e7.jpg

Well I had 1 seed left over from 09 I popped it and have been growing this strain for about 8 months now with no issues what I see in your pictures is horrible heat stress anytime the leaves cup like that means you put them in a hot environment or one without good air circulation.

In that bottom picture how big is that container 1 gallon ?

Mine flourish in 5 gallon pots and Ive yet to see anything like you show here which to me looks like an environmental issue not genetic.

h7oe.jpg

Please note that occasionally specious staminate flowers will appear in the last days of flowering of a female Marijuana plant,

and their appearance is not considered evidence of deleterious hermaphroditism. I have never experienced a hermaphrodite using Dr Greenthumbs gear since 08. When I use his gear to make seeds I allow the plant to over mature and harvest the pollen from these banans, for a 100% female seed outcome no matter what I breed it with. I don't like soft peaches, or over ripe cannabis, so I immediately destroy it, after I remove it's delicate trichome contents.

If a female plant is allowed to go too long without being harvested or pollinated (allowed to go past the point of optimal harvest), she will sometimes produce a bunch of bananas in her buds as a last-ditch attempt to self-pollinate and create seeds for the next year. This is sometimes known as “rhodelization.”

Depending on the exact configuration of the male and female parts, botany has many names for this condition;Androgynous, Androgynomonoecious, Andromonoecious, Bisexual, Gynodioecious, Gynomonoecious, Monoclinous, Polygamomonoecious, Polygamous, Subandroecious, Subdioecious, Subgynoecious, Synoecious or

Trimonoecious

Well I had 1 seed left over from 09 I popped it and have been growing this strain for about 8 months now with no issues what I see in your pictures is horrible heat stress anytime the leaves cup like that means you put them in a hot environment or one without good air circulation.

In that bottom picture how big is that container 1 gallon ?

Mine flourish in 5 gallon pots and Ive yet to see anything like you show here which to me looks like an environmental issue not genetic.

h7oe.jpg

Good for you, I'm glad that you got good results. I read this and every post on the 'net about this stuff and I've never been more confident in a seed purchase.

The last one you mention was the "runt", barely germed, took forever to veg and produced a tiny plant. I left it on the small flowering table and did not put it in a larger pot ... it's a hyrdo system, not a big deal as in dirt anyway. The rest of the plants went to bigger pots and grew to be large, lovely plants in general.

The burned leaves are a bit of a mystery, the flowering room they were in has at least 4 or 5 other plants in there including SSH from MNS, Green Crack, Bohdi AOG and Goji ... NONE of the other plants showed this leaf burn. It appeared very late in flower and I rarely seen anything like it in almost 20 years of indoor growing. I have other photos on the plants earlier in the cycle and they look healthy and fine ... what they never had at any point was buds bigger than a thumb, anywhere, or any strong/interesting aromas. There is some nice frost, but the buds are tiny. Since I grow hundreds of plants and get great results, including the ones sitting right next to these, I will disagree with your implication.

I don't mind fussy plants, or smaller yielders ... I'm experienced in finding what they need and finding a way to grow them well after the first seed run. I've done that with a sour bubble and super fussy sour haze plant for years. But I do it when there's some tiny hint of quality to them ... an engaging, notable aroma, arresting potency, etc. In short, they are worth it. These BOG plants just didn't show a thing ... no smell, no notable flavor, mid to so-so potency.

I am willing to accept that I just got a bad pack and 95% of the people who run it get great results with his stuff and with BOG. It just didn't happen this time. I've had many, many packs turn out to be total fails over the years and that's just part of the game. But not at this price .... $200 for 6 seeds?

I wrote a very respectful note to dr. g. and asked for his comment, his input. No whining, no demands or even requests. He responded in a flippant, condescending way. There were a hundred things he COULD have said that would have been OK with me, as long as he responded in kind. He did not. He acted like a child, implied I was a liar and left it at "too bad, so sad".

Sorry, but I think I have every right to be disappointed at the purchase and the response and every right to talk about it. I've grown genetics from MNS, Bodhi, Rare Dankness, Reserval Privada/DNA, Paradise, Sensi Seeds (all the way back to early hash plant and black domina), Dinafem, HSO, even Greenhouse for chrissakes, you name them, I've probably tried them.... these were the absolute worst performance for the $$ I've ever encountered.

I still have rooted cuts, should I run these duds and take more photos? Still would be "bad grower" to some of you, but sorry, sometimes it happens and it happened here.

best,

rabbit

if I were you I'd (legally) get some of those cuts to another garden for more results. Not to say you've mistakenly grown them, but another set of garden habits would be telling with this wonder. Considering one cola, from one plant would pay for the entire 6 seeds, and be forever available as a clonal record, not a bad investment really, sans the failure. sorry bout that. don't lose confidence in the Doc. he works very hard at what he does, and takes incredible risks for me.

if I were you I'd (legally) get some of those cuts to another garden for more results. Not to say you've mistakenly grown them, but another set of garden habits would be telling with this wonder. Considering one cola, from one plant would pay for the entire 6 seeds, and be forever available as a clonal record, not a bad investment really, sans the failure. sorry bout that. don't lose confidence in the Doc. he works very hard at what he does, and takes incredible risks for me.

I thought I was, other than my take on his response to me, generally fair. I run sour bubble, fussy kush's from rare dankness and other tricky plants, they grow all grow fine in my growing conditions, and it's been validated for many years now on many types of plants. Besides, there' no where else I could/would take them.

I agree that I am not above a mistake here or there ... after doing this for many years I have occasional brain gaps and screw up this or that.

What I do disagree with is that the growing conditions were so egregious that I couldn't spot a gem among these buds .... I've many, many times, found the smallest and most fussy plants yield the best bud ... I know how to nurse them into great producing plants and run them in my perpetual system for years after.

I'm sorry, I know it's easier to blame the grower when you're a fan of the breeder ... but I'd be happy to post a few hundred photos of all the plants that I run and have run for years and throw the BS flag on that one. And actually, I might just re-run some of these, as you suggest, to see what happens, but I'd be shocked if there was anything of great value there.

I'll cure these buds properly (the humidity is a B right now, ain't it) and give them a more complete and fair smoke test ... but I'm not often totally wrong on my harvest impressions.

thanks for you comments,

rabbit

please don't count on the outside humidity when drying buds, Lowes carries cheap dehumidifiers year round. why risk a finished product?

I have run into a few duds myself. I wont name the breeders, and am not attached to any of them, well, sorta. Room fug ups will grossly affect their seed production from one set to another. It does happen, and most likely happened to you. Although we trust in their abilities, seed sellers are people too, usually that use medical cannabis themselves. I sometimes put the peanut butter in the fridge when I'm done, even the keys, and consider myself a good grower/seed producer. lol

run them again, pwetty pease?

I just said what I saw in your picture look to be stress related and having run about 30 of these plants in the last 5 years I've never seen anything come out the way its looking in your pictures if it was a genetic mutation id call Doc out on it he can take criticism .

I'm having problems with my Bubba OG also.  Had 2 hermie during the power outtage while all my other fem seeds didn't hermie and have had problems with germination on the rest.  Down to my last 2 seeds without a viable female.  And this isn't my first rodeo.  Never had problems with the Iranian auto or the endless sky 2 - 3 years ago.  Could've been winter shipping.  I'm emailing him later today.

email...

drgreenthumb@drgreenthumb.com

phone....

613-330-2404

Doc announced on his site a month or two ago that he is looking for a buyer and plans to leave the biz by March 2015. The notice is no longer on his site so that could mean he found a buyer or he changed his mind...or??

Good for you, I'm glad that you got good results. I read this and every post on the 'net about this stuff and I've never been more confident in a seed purchase.

The last one you mention was the "runt", barely germed, took forever to veg and produced a tiny plant. I left it on the small flowering table and did not put it in a larger pot ... it's a hyrdo system, not a big deal as in dirt anyway. The rest of the plants went to bigger pots and grew to be large, lovely plants in general.

The burned leaves are a bit of a mystery, the flowering room they were in has at least 4 or 5 other plants in there including SSH from MNS, Green Crack, Bohdi AOG and Goji ... NONE of the other plants showed this leaf burn. It appeared very late in flower and I rarely seen anything like it in almost 20 years of indoor growing. I have other photos on the plants earlier in the cycle and they look healthy and fine ... what they never had at any point was buds bigger than a thumb, anywhere, or any strong/interesting aromas. There is some nice frost, but the buds are tiny. Since I grow hundreds of plants and get great results, including the ones sitting right next to these, I will disagree with your implication.

I don't mind fussy plants, or smaller yielders ... I'm experienced in finding what they need and finding a way to grow them well after the first seed run. I've done that with a sour bubble and super fussy sour haze plant for years. But I do it when there's some tiny hint of quality to them ... an engaging, notable aroma, arresting potency, etc. In short, they are worth it. These BOG plants just didn't show a thing ... no smell, no notable flavor, mid to so-so potency.

I am willing to accept that I just got a bad pack and 95% of the people who run it get great results with his stuff and with BOG. It just didn't happen this time. I've had many, many packs turn out to be total fails over the years and that's just part of the game. But not at this price .... $200 for 6 seeds?

I wrote a very respectful note to dr. g. and asked for his comment, his input. No whining, no demands or even requests. He responded in a flippant, condescending way. There were a hundred things he COULD have said that would have been OK with me, as long as he responded in kind. He did not. He acted like a child, implied I was a liar and left it at "too bad, so sad".

Sorry, but I think I have every right to be disappointed at the purchase and the response and every right to talk about it. I've grown genetics from MNS, Bodhi, Rare Dankness, Reserval Privada/DNA, Paradise, Sensi Seeds (all the way back to early hash plant and black domina), Dinafem, HSO, even Greenhouse for chrissakes, you name them, I've probably tried them.... these were the absolute worst performance for the $$ I've ever encountered.

I still have rooted cuts, should I run these duds and take more photos? Still would be "bad grower" to some of you, but sorry, sometimes it happens and it happened here.

best,

rabbit

Exact same response to me.  Called me a liar.  I don't even know what he thought I was lying about.  Too bad, my friends and I got some good seeds from him in the past but when there were issues with these seeds and no resolution and the insulting customer service, well, I won't be going there again.

It's one thing to say they were fine when they left here and I don't cover what might have happened during shipping but to call a customer a liar is beyond what I ever thought I'd get as a response, esp. since I never asked for anything.  2-3 strong seeds or a strait "I don't cover what might have happened on the way there" would've sufficed. But to call someone a liar(not someone, a customer)?  Had I known I never would've ordered in the first place.

So the story is:

I got 11 seeds during Dr Green's 10/$200 sale.  They were shipped in freezing weather and since I just sent in the order I had no clue when it would ship or arrive.  They arrived in sub freezing weather, which should be fine if they were below 10% moisture. I personally have no clue what happened to them.

I popped 3 and 2 sprouted.  They were quite slow going but I got 3 clones of the 2 and that was 5 of my 12 I could have at the time.  I put them into flowering 7 days apart.  Both went in right before the ice storm.  I had to switch to floresents for the 3 days the lights were out.  I didn't shift the timer much as I had my alarm set for time on and off and was there to turn them on and off.  None of my other fem seeds that I made or ordered(pineapple express, querkle express(2 weeks from harvest), L75W or L75 hermied from the outage.  The Bubba OG's both threw 50/50 right off the bat.  I had to decline a patient in A2 because I thought I wouldn't be able to supply the 3 that came near at once as I had nothing but a patient card. 

I obviously waited a while to try and crack more.  About 2 a month or every other.  Just got my 3rd cg card and up to where I want it, so I thought I'd try and crack 2 more about 3 weeks ago(after trying 2 every other month with the same results as I'm about to describe).  Both popped (alongside Larry OG, Ace of Spades(100% popped just bought) and  purps from 3+ years ago that I got 50% on(I've got 100% from all the seeds I made from them 3 years ago)) but the BOG stayed with just a nub sticking out for over the next 24 hours while the other strains grew 3/4 inch tails.  2 of the seeds that popped overnite bypassed the BOG.  Which is why it seems that they were frozen with too hi moisture or frozen and refrozen.  I never mentioned anything about his quality other than my friends and I had got quality seeds from him in the past.  I said if everything is checked on his end and all my seeds stored with his, which are much older, are fine then it must've been irradiated in shipping or unpressurized and flash frozen in a plane or who knows what.  When he said to try and crack the last 2 because these seeds are so highly sought after I told him I don't care how sought after they are as that doesn't concern me.  I'm concerned with spending $200 on 10(as I'd never think of asking for a replacement on a free seed, something I didn't pay for and I wasn't asking for replacements but figured maybe 2-3 strong seeds shipped during summer may do ok)seeds and having 2 left and not having anything to show when I'm under a plant count and I wasn't happy with his customer service.  I then got: Well unless you have other lies to tell me, I guess this matter is closed

What I can't figure is that he wrote this when I told him I'd try the last 2 seeds and see how they work out but I'm not hopeful as 8 that germinated I have nothing from:

Yes, see how that works out. I mean we can hardly keep up with demand on this strain and some people have ordered them again and again.

When he just had a sale on them 6 months ago.

Edited by Norby

We don't like doing business with liars and bullshitters anyway, so bye...

Last reply from Dr. Green.  Still don't know what he thinks I'm lying about.  Not a nice way to treat your customers though.  Just thought people should know that you should hope your seeds are perfect because this is what you get if you have any problems.  I think he says he has no reported problems because he automatically chalks them up to lies.  This way he can keep a clean slate of no complaints or problems.  People claim there are probs but they are all lies.

Well, this skilled grower got a bad pack and then got called a liar for saying something went wrong during shipping. All he had to say is he doesn't cover problems from shipping but instead decided to say I was lying about having problems with his seeds.  That's a serious business flaw.  It seems I am the second one recently he's done that to.  And after doing some research and finding what I did and the way he acted with me, had I known I never would've bought seeds from him in the first place and none of my friends will ever buy from him again.  Ego is the only reason to call a customer a liar.  I would've been fine with the loss and chalked it up to the cannabis gods, win some lose some, but calling me a liar really crossed the line.  But I suppose I damaged his ego when I told him I wasn't happy with his customer service. Oh well.

Strange to hear of problems with the BOG. I've had it for years now and it will always have a place in my garden. It does make me wonder why there are so many good reports on the strain from so many skilled growers but one guy gets 10 bad seeds. Curious for sure.

Shipping during a freeze if they were above 10% moisture?  Freezing and thawing and refreezing? Maybe pressurization on the flight.  Radiation? x-rays? I imagine somewhere between here and there something went wrong. But since all my much older and newer seeds(stored the same way, same place, made by me and seeds I bought) are doing fine, it's not something here. 

I wonder why he had a sale on them if they are so sought after he can hardly keep them in stock.

And I don't lie, esp. over something silly as seeds.  What would I have to gain?  Thought he'd like to know but when you get called a liar I guess I was wrong.

It may be 2 guys if you read back in the thread.

Strange to hear of problems with the BOG. I've had it for years now and it will always have a place in my garden. It does make me wonder why there are so many good reports on the strain from so many skilled growers but one guy gets 10 bad seeds. Curious for sure.

It's was 6 seeds, not ten. And there's more than one grower that didn't get great results ... notwithstanding you, who blasted his great BOG grow shots onto pretty much every single pot forum, big and small, across the entire internet. Not suspicious at all. Nope.

I dunno "doc" ... What else can I say .... I've bet I've grown a few hundred more plants than you (unless you're actually that other doc - and you know I'm not the first one to make the obvious inference.)

I'm no newb ... been messing around with plants since the late 70's and my current indoor system running nonstop for more than 15 years. My grow methods are well-refined and proven. I work the bunny muffin outta expensive seeds and look hard for any positive desirable traits. These BOG plants just didn't have it; sorry you find that reality so hard to accept. I read all your posts dude, I grew out 6 seeds and didn't get anything remotely like what you got. It happens in the real world.

And if you're Doc, or he reads this, pull your head out of the sand please. Not every unsatisfied customer is lying or an idiot newbie. I'd much rather be on here squealing like a girl about the great plants I found ... it just didn't happen.