Dr Greenthumbs Bubba X Og

It's was 6 seeds, not ten. And there's more than one grower that didn't get great results ... notwithstanding you, who blasted his great BOG grow shots onto pretty much every single pot forum, big and small, across the entire internet. Not suspicious at all. Nope.

I dunno "doc" ... What else can I say .... I've bet I've grown a few hundred more plants than you (unless you're actually that other doc - and you know I'm not the first one to make the obvious inference.)

I'm no newb ... been messing around with plants since the late 70's and my current indoor system running nonstop for more than 15 years. My grow methods are well-refined and proven. I work the bunny muffin outta expensive seeds and look hard for any positive desirable traits. These BOG plants just didn't have it; sorry you find that reality so hard to accept. I read all your posts dude, I grew out 6 seeds and didn't get anything remotely like what you got. It happens in the real world.

And if you're Doc, or he reads this, pull your head out of the sand please. Not every unsatisfied customer is lying or an idiot newbie. I'd much rather be on here squealing like a girl about the great plants I found ... it just didn't happen.

No reason to be insulting.

First of all, i had not seen your post and wasn't talking to you, which is evidenced by the fact that i referred to the 10 seeds Norby got.  I may be mistaken but i think Norby got his seeds around the same time Hartland Hank and SSHZ got theirs. If they came from the same batch, it is curious that his 10 were duds and Hartland and SSHZ are raving about theirs. I dont know if you know who SSHZ is but that dude was a firm GThumb hater. Not after the BOG.

As i wasn't talking to you, Im not sure why you are so offended. Do you really need to go to the old  "you're really Doc Greenthumb" moo poo thats been played out to the end? 

Also, ive never claimed to be a great and experienced grower...why you need to go there is beyond me.

Now, this is Kind Diamonds grow journal and I for one will be letting him get back to it. Not sure why anyone would come in and post the tales of woe in someones grow journal but thats your choice i guess.

How did I insult? Other than mistaking the direction of your comment ... sorry, my bad, you were assuming the other guy was a rube rather than me.

Or did you mean the Doc thing? Well, you gotta admit; it looks, um, coincidental. Yes, I saw you're denials, but I missed how the the "moo poo was "played out until the end." Did you prove otherwise somehow?

Never mind; I've no wish to argue. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're sincere. Perhaps you could do the same for other growers who don't find the same results you do.

How did I insult? Other than mistaking the direction of your comment ... sorry, my bad, you were assuming the other guy was a rube rather than me.

Or did you mean the Doc thing? Well, you gotta admit; it looks, um, coincidental. Yes, I saw you're denials, but I missed how the the "moo poo was "played out until the end." Did you prove otherwise somehow?

Never mind; I've no wish to argue. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're sincere. Perhaps you could do the same for other growers who don't find the same results you do.

Judging by the demeanor you've taken with me, Its no wonder Doc thinks you're lying.

You've completely misunderstood what im saying and have put words into my mouth and slandered me. I could chalk that up to my bad english but seeing that you jumped to conclusions and started with the insults so fast im guessing thats exactly what you did to Doc.

The fact is I assume Norby is a skilled grower (not  a "rube"...your words, not mine), and he said as much himself in his posts. I simply think it's curious that 10 bad seeds would be in one pack and other packs seem just fine. Can you really say thats not odd?

It's been pretty well documented that Doc will replace seeds if they are bad....ive seen a number of posts describing the process. Why wouldn't he do that for Norby? Thats seems odd to me as well. I can not say that Norby screwed them up or is lying about it but it is odd to me that every journal i've seen on them has been successful and the complaints never include a journal or even pictures for that matter. 

On the other hand, it's also odd that a skilled grower like Norby would run into this problem from perfectly good seeds. That doesn't make sense either. So what conclusions can i draw?  Not many except the fact that it is very curious.

Shipping.  The way he stored them, power outage, wetness and then a sale.  HEAT during shipping.  I don't know and don't care, all I know is it didn't happen after arrival. I still have the 2 seeds here and i'll give them to anyone along with seeds I made or even bought and they themselves can see the difference.  Doc didn't like me because i said I made my own seeds and worked with making fem seeds 20 years ago and I am very experienced.  That's all I can draw other than he thinks he's midas and everything he touches is gold.  The reason he replaced KD's is because KD said he himself screwed them up.  I'm sure Doc said "did you do it this way or that and then used his response to say that KD did something wrong.  The reason he called me a liar is probably because I said I know my bunny muffin and my and others seeds performed well while his didn't and he didn't like that.  He never even told me what he thought I was lying about whether it was my experience or what I said happened with his seeds.

As I said, just say you don't cover shipping problems but calling me a liar is something a business owner should never do to a customer.   As I said why the hell would I lie about seeds.  Like his stuff is so sought after that someone would lie to get free seeds? I have $200 right here and could order them if I wanted them. 

But, when you charge $40 a seed and sell them all yourself, you should be a little happier and treat your customers a little better.  I'll print out all  my correspondence if you like and you can make your own decision who overreacted.  Shoot just look at old posts on other forums.  Look at the one where someone called Doc out for getting down on a customer who was opening a seed company who bad mouthed him.  He stated he'd never treat a customer that way(calling him a liar) but this guy was opening a seed company and using Doc's name to get cred and even though he was a former customer he didn't deserve respect becuase he was using Doc to further his seed company.  Well Doc lied.  He does treat customers that way even before they post on an open forum about it. 

And then he does the rally cry "STAND UP AND BE COUNTED" to squash any possibility for people to think Doc did anything that didn't germinate and turn into a cup winner.  It's Doc's way of advertising.  Squash anyone who complains at all about his quality unless they say it was their fault it happened. EVERY seed company has problems here and there, no one's perfect no matter how much time and effort they put into their business.  It's how you react that makes for a quality seed company and sorry, Doc ain't it.  May have the best genetics in the world but if no one wants to deal with you because your a grumpy complain, it doesn't do you any good.

I've shipped animals(I've bred animals for the last 17 years and bred plants for the last 25) and I was surprised when the first set arrived frozen in a summer heat wave in an insulated box with gel packs in it .  They went into a non pressurized cabin in summer.  I also had animals overheat in winter when placed too close to the engine.  I then switched to UPS from USPS and had less problems but they still occured every once in a while no matter what carrier was used.  Some moreso than others.

Judging by the demeanor you've taken with me, Its no wonder Doc thinks you're lying.

You've completely misunderstood what im saying and have put words into my mouth and slandered me. I could chalk that up to my bad english but seeing that you jumped to conclusions and started with the insults so fast im guessing thats exactly what you did to Doc.

The fact is I assume Norby is a skilled grower (not  a "rube"...your words, not mine), and he said as much himself in his posts. I simply think it's curious that 10 bad seeds would be in one pack and other packs seem just fine. Can you really say thats not odd?

It's been pretty well documented that Doc will replace seeds if they are bad....ive seen a number of posts describing the process. Why wouldn't he do that for Norby? Thats seems odd to me as well. I can not say that Norby screwed them up or is lying about it but it is odd to me that every journal i've seen on them has been successful and the complaints never include a journal or even pictures for that matter. 

On the other hand, it's also odd that a skilled grower like Norby would run into this problem from perfectly good seeds. That doesn't make sense either. So what conclusions can i draw?  Not many except the fact that it is very curious.

I think you're reading too much into demeanor and are being highly defensive there Gruber; save the hostility pls. Norby offers many reasons why he could have had problems. And yes, as I already acknowledged, I misread your prior post. But really, coming on and saying basically "gee, everybody else gets good results but this guy" ... how the heck is anybody supposed to interpret that as anything other than that your opinion is the seeds/genetics are above reproach and the problem must be on the "Operator" end. It's clear enough for anyone to read.

Oh well ... my last comment here, I don't wish to argue with you and I know Doc (the real one, is monitoring this) ... I grew out Doc's seeds and got a very disappointing result. I'm a good grower, not a perfect one, but a good one, and it just happens sometimes. I suspect it was an anomaly, I suspect most of what he sells is excellent and I very much had planned on buying/trying more of his genetics including the bubba and the chemdawg at least and maybe exploring some of the Iranian crosses. I thought I had found "my guy" and didn't mind premium price for premium genetics. But the first go out of the gate was very poor by any reasonable standard. I was hoping to have a conversation with him that would assuage my concerns and somehow move ahead ... but the response was thoroughly counter to my hopes. I'd still be happy to move ahead and become a big advocate, but I have no grounds to do so without feeling like I'll just lose another $200 and be kicking myself for repeating mistakes. Doc, I'd be truly interested in your take and your side of the story ... I don't imagine it's an easy conversation, but that would help in any case.

Peace to all ... I've got some lovely plants recently to work on and life goes on.

Anyhoo the cloners full of cuts from, this strain I'm planning on doing a full Bubba OG grow the patients and I prefer it as our everyday smoke so I need to keep it going strong in my garden .

th_DSCN2272_zpse029059f.jpg

Hey KD,

Sorry for the derailment.

I too enjoy the BOG as an everyday smoke. As a matter of fact, Im going to go smoke some right now with a nice cup 'o' coffee while sitting on my back patio with my cat. He enjoys the company not the smoke....or coffee.