12 Months Probation And No Mmj?

annerkey

Heyas strangers :)

I have a question for those of you who can potentially help with this. I just got 12 months of probation and was told when I mentioned that I was a medical marijuana cardholder that I could -not- use my medicine for the duration of probation.

She went on to say that because it was federal and the mmj laws are only at the state level...that's how they're able to "screw me" essentially. She did say I could submit a letter from my doctor stating my need for mmj but that wasn't a guarantee that they would allow me to take my pain medicine.

I am a chronic pain patient with a -long- history with many docs, pain centers and the like. I can provide documentation, however, I don't currently have a primary care doc as mine recently retired.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't have access to a phone or internet at my house, so it will be sporadic that I can check in but thank you all in advance!

Trish

Where is your Attorney? This must have been discussed before any plea? Perhaps your best asking S/He questions rather than here (and I would assume if your able you would be able to sue in Federal Court as maybe they want you to stop using other pharmaceuticals) BTW the Marinol is the best suggestion I have seen as no way to determine it vs. MM use --

M

Heyas strangers :)

I have a question for those of you who can potentially help with this. I just got 12 months of probation and was told when I mentioned that I was a medical marijuana cardholder that I could -not- use my medicine for the duration of probation.

She went on to say that because it was federal and the mmj laws are only at the state level...that's how they're able to "screw me" essentially. She did say I could submit a letter from my doctor stating my need for mmj but that wasn't a guarantee that they would allow me to take my pain medicine.

Where's your Attorney? Perhaps that is the first place to ask questions rather than here ?

M

I am a chronic pain patient with a -long- history with many docs, pain centers and the like. I can provide documentation, however, I don't currently have a primary care doc as mine recently retired.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't have access to a phone or internet at my house, so it will be sporadic that I can check in but thank you all in advance!

Trish

Edited by Murph