Need Help With Compassion Clubs

Celliach

Looks like we have some good participation on this thread. There is a list of Compassion Clubs here:

http://michiganmedic...nclubs/local-cc

If any members or staff know how to get in touch with these clubs, we need to verify whether or not they still exist, and get contact information for them.

All of these clubs need their pages updated, and I will do it if I can get in contact with them. This should help fill out the calendar as well.

The following club has not been operating for a few years now. (It is on the map as Gaylord County - Gaylord is a city within Otsego County)

Gaylord County Compassion Club

For more information contact jimibigbud@X

I am updating the Local Compassion Clubs page here:

http://michiganmedic...nclubs/local-cc

So if anyone has any information as to which clubs are still going or not, please get in touch via this thread or PM. I am also updating the individual club information pages.

I believe that the Lakeshore CC has not been in operation for about 2 years now.

Is there a new club in that area that can offer education to patients and their caregivers? I will remove the old listing, and thank you.

The Alpine Medical Cannabis Society is in Vanderbilt and has twice monthly meetings. I'll see about getting them a website going to help them out and get the information out. NorthernGal runs it.

Dr. Bob

I have helped start several clubs. If I can be of any assistance , Please let me know. Compassion Clubs have to be built on Compassion Club, Build it they will come. Look for a safe place for people to come to . Like our meetings are held n  Library, other places have been churches , Bars , believe it or not. But build it they will come.

Good! I wish to build a compassion club in Newaygo county or something. I do not wish to lead I wish to assist.

Lansing/ Lansing East Side CC has been looooooooong gone.

I know of no other CC's in the Lansing Area.

If there is one someone update the information PLEASE ! :)

zap, this is the error I received when clicking on 'Lansing' in your link :

http://Sorry, we couldn't find that! [#10CCS2] We could not find the page you were looking for. Need Help? Our help documentation Contact the community administrator

Fair to say that Lansing has no CC listed :(

This is why our club has always recommended as many legitimate clinics as are available.  We have only excluded people charging $300 or doing back door no records/ no doctor clinics.

Other than that, As long as they are helping patients and can defend their certifications,... who cares. :-)  Provide all legitimate sources and let the patients decide for their own reasons. 

Edited by Malamute

This is why our club has always recommended as many legitimate clinics as are available.  We have only excluded people charging $300 or doing back door no records/ no doctor clinics.

Other than that, As long as they are helping patients and can defend their certifications,... who cares. :-)  Provide all legitimate sources and let the patients decide for their own reasons. 

My thoughts exactly.

Zap graciously apologized for being overzealous in his editing. Maybe we will see a change. It will take effort on our end too. I am damm tired of the avarice and bullschit that goes on. Sure. Some is to be expected. But we have important issues to deal with that rightly demand that energy.

Zap graciously apologized for being overzealous in his editing. Maybe we will see a change. It will take effort on our end too. I am damm tired of the avarice and bullschit that goes on. Sure. Some is to be expected. But we have important issues to deal with that rightly demand that energy.

I can respect that.

great question

I have a pt that needs to renew soon.

Im not going to recommend any specific clinic. The best certification would ideally come from your exiting physician, many doctors can not sign a mmmp certification due to healthcare network affiliate policy...here are some solid guidelines to go by:

Is the doctor available at a fixed location?

Does the clinic keep records (and require records for the certification)?

Is there a follow-up policy for all mmmp patients, and are there records being kept for these follow up visits?

Is the treating physician in good standing with the board?

Will the treating physician stand behind his/her certifications in court if needed?

Is the clinic willing to disclose the name and clinic address of their physician or physicians? (Sounds silly, but revolving docs may be a sign of signature-for-hire paper mills...many clinics won't list their physicians on any of their literature because they are constantly changing)

A good idea is to talk to others you may know who has a card. Ask them these questions, then follow up with the clinic they recommend. Asking individuals at a compassion club is also a good idea. 

Hope this helps :)

Im not going to recommend any specific clinic. The best certification would ideally come from your exiting physician, many doctors can not sign a mmmp certification due to healthcare network affiliate policy...here are some solid guidelines to go by:

Is the doctor available at a fixed location?

Does the clinic keep records (and require records for the certification)?

Is there a follow-up policy for all mmmp patients, and are there records being kept for these follow up visits?

Is the treating physician in good standing with the board?

Will the treating physician stand behind his/her certifications in court if needed?

Is the clinic willing to disclose the name and clinic address of their physician or physicians? (Sounds silly, but revolving docs may be a sign of signature-for-hire paper mills...many clinics won't list their physicians on any of their literature because they are constantly changing)

A good idea is to talk to others you may know who has a card. Ask them these questions, then follow up with the clinic they recommend. Asking individuals at a compassion club is also a good idea. 

Hope this helps :)

Good post Clare....

is it against some secret policy that i wish to open a cc in midland? one last time.... id really like to open a cc in midland. im planning on checking out the other Clare club to see how they do thing, though ill probably try to mirror clares orig club

Tell us your plans. Which library? What did the library management tell you?