Need Help With Compassion Clubs

Celliach

are you trying to help or just cause bunny muffin? its not even in midland....why would i start a midland cc at a library in mnt pleasant? i know your all knowing and what not, but i live here, there is one library and  i already tried.... nope.

Just trying to help you with your goal of starting a cc near Midland. You start in a desired location and then expand your search. I live nearby and am very familiar with Midland and the surrounding area. That library in Auburn is the perfect spot, IMO. I would even help you set it up.

Is it that the Midland library does not rent rooms to members, or are they saying you can't have a Compassion Club there? Because that doesn't seem right.

doesnt seem right? isnt that a common theme? no they rent rooms, right on the  form they ask purpose. Nothing to do with mmj will happen at library they have too many kids there and dont need the police. Not my reasoning so please dont attack me telling me how wrong i am.

Just trying to help you with your goal of starting a cc near Midland. You start in a desired location and then expand your search. I live nearby and am very familiar with Midland and the surrounding area. That library in Auburn is the perfect spot, IMO. I would even help you set it up.

ill keep that in mind.... still kinda outta of the way. not for me , i drive to clare. but i want a midland cc as we have alot of folks that cant get to Clare, if i can find a spot in midland county we have buses they could take. ill keep your idea in mind, and i appreciate the offer of help. just really want to find one here

ill keep that in mind.... still kinda outta of the way. not for me , i drive to clare. but i want a midland cc as we have alot of folks that cant get to Clare, if i can find a spot in midland county we have buses they could take. ill keep your idea in mind, and i appreciate the offer of help. just really want to find one here

No problem. The prosecutor is a tiny bit more lenient just over the county line there in Auburn. Midland is Schuette's home town(for those that don't live around here).

I would say, no, this is not a common theme. I have only heard of one club being disallowed from using the public library in their area, and it was because of actual problems that occurred during the club meeting. It is very uncommon that a library will not allow a Compassion Club meeting, from what I have experienced. Have you described the activity that will take place and let them know that there will be a zero tolerance policy toward medicine, clones, and seeds in the library?

srry zap....was a ill written joke...."doesnt seem right" is the norm with the program.... lots of threads with "doesnt seem right" srry  if it didnt make sense.

i live in midland, lots of folks here go by, or went by shootys word. when i made the attempt i was just some liar drug dealer.... i mentioned several times no meds would ever be allowed... the laughed they know cc are just another name for disp.

id give it another shot, maybe i can take in a typed out list of rules for them to see. i want to make it happen... is there anything wrong with a twp hall type building?

Edited by GanjaWarrior

There are a number of clubs in township halls.  Another good spot that most don't think of is the county airport terminal.  I used those when I was flying.  There is generally a meeting room and chairs.  Stop by the airport and see what facilities they have.  Not the big commercial one, but the little one where the locals keep their Cessna.

Dr. Bob

If it is a public library that has a meeting room, it is illegal for them to not allow you use of the room if scheduled and when available.  They can charge for it though, although usually only libraries in big cities do.

But they are unable to forbid you have a CC meeting regardless of topic.  You have full rights to have a KKK meeting in a library if you so wish to.

Of course it is about open access, freedom of speech and no discrimination policies.

Anyhow, find aplace and decide.  There may be something better.

If it is a public library that has a meeting room, it is illegal for them to not allow you use of the room if scheduled and when available.  They can charge for it though, although usually only libraries in big cities do.

But they are unable to forbid you have a CC meeting regardless of topic.  You have full rights to have a KKK meeting in a library if you so wish to.

Of course it is about open access, freedom of speech and no discrimination policies.

Anyhow, find aplace and decide.  There may be something better.

But for the fact that we are talking about Midland,,, Just kidding. There are ways to push the point, if we dare. No problem here.

If any members or staff know how to get in touch with these clubs, we need to verify whether or not they still exist, and get contact information for them.

I have stated time and time that as the founder of the Spirit of Detroit CC, the information listed on this site is incorrect. I was told that I could not submit corrections because I had nothing to do with the running of the club.

You will find that the email listed is outdated. If and when I reopen my club, my address will once again be used. Yes, remove my club name from the M3A listing.

And, I stopped paying the fee for the Ning address a few years back.

Was not my club, but it's safe to also remove the Midtown Detroit Compassion Club.

Edited by Ms Chocolate

• 4 weeks later...

I am a caregiver helping launch "Detroit's Compassion Club" at a private club called "M Lounge" on May 1st, 2013.  I'm wondering if someone can tell me how it can be added to the MMMA's Local Compassion Club List and how one can get MMMA literature and guest speakers and so forth with the aid of MMMA?

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/forum/24-local-compassion-clubs/

This is the url of the club: http://PatientsMarijuana.org/dcc

Thanks

I am a caregiver helping launch "Detroit's Compassion Club" at a private club called "M Lounge" on May 1st, 2013.  I

Is this a Commpassion Club, a retail outlet, or a what. From the site, you read like an retail outlet for "caregivers". 3MA style Compassion Clubs are for the public at large, not businesses and retailers.

Edited by Ms Chocolate

I am a caregiver helping launch "Detroit's Compassion Club" at a private club called "M Lounge" on May 1st, 2013.  I'm wondering if someone can tell me how it can be added to the MMMA's Local Compassion Club List and how one can get MMMA literature and guest speakers and so forth with the aid of MMMA?

Thanks

In reviewing your website, it appears you are not open to the public.  What is the reasoning behind the mmj cardholder/CG card requirement?   What type of "club" is the "M Lounge"?   Your Facebook page and several other advertisements claim you are hosting MMj transfers/farmers markets, is that accurate? 

I can not imagine the 3MA would want to get directly involved with activity that is not clearly within the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act. 

Thanks

I always thought CCs were to help people become PTs.  $25 seems a little steep to join a club that's supposed to give out free information for people who are trying to become a patient isn't it?  Do other CCs charge for membership?  I know we have never charged for membership at the DCCC, so I don't understand why you need to charge.  

Also, if you have to be a registered PT or CG to attend the meetings, how do you help prospective patients?  How do you meet people that need help obtaining a card?  The meetings should be open to anyone that wants/needs to attend.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys.need some help find cc meetings to go to.dearborn, Lincoln park, Wayne,Allen park, melvindale, Taylor...I'm close to all these city's.i seen on calendar drcc was meeting yesterday at southgate civic center...I went there but the guard told me they weren't meeting there anymore and I can't seem to find the old site.any help wld be appreciated.