A Cheaper Clone Method, 100% Accurate!

I have been using a product named Dip-N-Grow for over 20 years now, and won't use anything else. One box comes with hormone cutting solution, and mixing cup made of plastic that's about 2 1/2 tall and 1" around. There are several lines on the side of the cup. I fill Dip-N-Grow at the very first bottom line in the cup, then fill with ph balanced water (used for clones) and fill to the 15X line on the cup. Cut the cutting at a 30 degree angle at the node at bottom of stem, and I also notch the tips of the leaves. I then scrap along the bottom of the stem of the cutting about an inch up from bottom. Then swirl in mixture for 8 seconds, then place in peat pots or similar dirt cups, spray and place in plastic clone dome, and spray the inside of clear (top) dome. Spray cuttings once a day (more under top) once a day for 10 days, then bring out under T5. Remember though, after 4 days, open one of the little vents on top of dome 1/4 way......after 10 days you should be able to put them out under on their own. If they begin to "wilt" again, place back in dome for two more days, And try again......good luck!

Edited by motownbass

• 2 months later...

Even cheaper than my "disposable" lasagna pan, peat cups and Schultz's Take Root ($4.62 at Wally Mart)? Don't even spray them, notch them, and the angle of the cut is whatever angle my scissors hit them (anywhere from 15 to 80 degrees lol) , only thing I do once a day is pop the lid and say hi to them. 10 days max all have roots, 100% success so far..

I'm so disgusted with you guys who have such great cloning results. I've got an aeroponic cloner now that works great for me, but for years I was the Dr. Kervorkian of clones. Tried rapid rooters, rockwool, peat pellets, dirt, with dome/without dome, heating pad/no heating pad, scraped stems, split stems, flat cuts, angled cuts... And somehow still managed to kill them all. Not hating, just jealous.

I'm so disgusted with you guys who have such great cloning results. I've got an aeroponic cloner now that works great for me, but for years I was the Dr. Kervorkian of clones.

Been there and recently, too, when I restarted cloning after a break from it. Glad to hear the aeroponic cloner is working great for you. I'm currently struggling to find a way to speed up cloning on the mother. COTM gets roots but with most takes 30! days. Way too long but some strains (purple kush, for example) seem, due to plant morphology, better suited to air layering (the conventional term for COTM).

Most of you having issues probably keep your mediums to wet or domes to hot.A sure sign its to wet is brown stems that are mush, a sure sign its too hot is they never come back from the wilt.if u use rockwool and can pick the cube up and give a very gentle squeeze and a bunch of water pours out..its to wet.also found that hard woody stems make for the best clonzes.