Question For Patients

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The program was initially overseen by the Department of community HEALTH. The law written asked if people should be allowed marijuana for MEDICAL reasons. The Department of Community Health previously refused to release information of medical marijuana users to federal investigators, citing patient confidentiality.

How are completed forms not considered medical records?

Thats the thought i had, whatever sheets of paper lara considers protected should apply through to inception of the documents.

If I were in the position of having to use a certifying facility instead of my own personal physician I would expect the doctor that I saw at this clinic to have control of my medical records, as he and he alone would be called upon to testify before authorities. I would also expect the ones who run this clinic, if not run by the doctor, to have cursory records, but not the actual medical records. My medical condition and treatment records belong with a doctor, not with the owners of the clinic because they are HIPPA controlled records, not simple data.

Do you really believe they are going to provide an answer.......

Maybe thats how they justify keeping records that DO NOT BELONG TO THEM and providing information identifying mmj patients to the public!

I have waited on an answer for over a year now. Take a number and get in line.

On another note, people need to be realistic. MANY people working within a clinic/doctors office have a "glimpse" at your medical information. Including but not limited to : receptionists, nursing assistants, nurses, PA's, technicians, office assistants...the list continues. Having said that, each are provided with guidelines to protect patient privacy. Most clinics/doctors have severe disciplinary policies in place for those that do not adhere to these guidelines. I would expect that any "clinic" doing mmj certifications would have very strict policies regarding this as well. Do you REALLY believe that a doctor is expected (in ANY clinic) to make copies, scan documents, record basic information and answer phones?

The purpose of their asking the certification documents declared to be something other than medical records is so they didn't have to turn them over to the DOCTOR and they could continue to market patients for renewals through the mail and other sources of revenue. The short term goal of THEM making a buck was enough for them to damage the standing of patients everywhere and undermine our efforts to keep the registry private.

Schuette would be proud of them, they are helping him along the path of destroying privacy and the Act.

Dr. Bob