Medical Marijuana Outdoor Rules/laws?

He has no more case to present. It has all been presented.

The first mmj case to arrive at the MI Supreme Court. Had the legislature waited for another few days this would have been settled. Instead they caused a rewind. Nothing will be settled for years now.

Instead, they destroyed every iota of the purpose for the King Case.

wait the king has to be ruled on? or will it have to wait?

I've not really studied this in detail, but I am not sure there is a requirement you can't see the plants (thought it is a good idea anyhow). But this is my point exactly, now that we know what to do to be safe, we can do it and BE SAFE. It sounds to me like what you describe is perfectly legal, but check with your attorney before doing it, especially if you plan on being the first kid on the block with a greenhouse.

What difference does it make if you can't see the plants ? It just drives up costs provides another discriminatory barrier for the activity and interferes with sunlight . Everyone knows what is in your Greenhouse in the real world if you now design a special configuration for cannabis grows !

Edited by Croppled1

Either way, it's only common sense to hide them from onlookers. Do you really want the right to be stupid? These are money trees to some people.

Yes I want reasonable rights and I do not believe I am stupid . Since everyone will know whats in there again I say what is the point . Many people live where it isn't necessary and truthfully Michigans Law doesnt' allow for pure outdoor grows . You have to flower too and should be doing a perpetual grow we simply dont' have storage rules to allow outdoor grows people deserve and want . We need limits changed so you can have a non interupted supply at all times and take periods away from growing or stop and start the hardest part is getting a perpetual grow going .

When you start making rules like blocking anyone seeing plants inside one might as well build another building with a glass roof . The n a LEO says they can see plants from the air like they did to Kingpin . You might as well grow inside where you can control flowering and have a perpetual grow .

I could not find one black out glass film that did not block UV rays . How are you going to do this ? How much will it cost ? And when one panel has a issue and the film comes off you have a violation for someone to be arrested for felonies . No thanks either let people have a locked greenhouse or fenced in area or not . If you can't grow them where you feel their safe outdoors don't put them there and I believe the only person that should be arrested or have to sweat are those that would steal . I have 2 seperate camera systems all sorts of locks and it begins to get ridiculous and if someone wants in they get in despite having pictures sent out , My point is we should not support a single rule as law that would place a single one of us under any circumstance at risk of arrest . If you believe it is common sense where you live to follow that course then do it , please share how you do it with others and recognize that may not be necessary for a person with a 300 acre place down a dead end road up in the UP or a mulititude of others where persons don't trespass or steal as a general rule . .

The real need is to enforce current law against people breaking and entering into peoples grows that are locked and secured . No more officials stating publicly they won't or can't enforce the law in support of qualified regisrared caregivers and patients . As long as one is within plant counts per a reasonable explanation of good faith following the Act there should be a warning system before one triggers arrest for violations , perhaps a reasonable civil fine as step 2 with a paid inspection , something as patients who are dehabillitated are struggling to survive .

BTW I went to a clinic this weekend and saw NOBODY turned away for lack of abillity to pay but nobody didn't offer what they could . . Thats compassion . Our community has some great members . Thank you for all you do but I truly think outdoor grows are riskier period and there are allot more complications with them in actual practice that are truly important . Now perhaps a privacy fence around the greenhouse is what you meant not on all sides like they charged against Kingpin that I could go with maybe I missunderstand what you want but it is still expense and everyone will know what is there . Many places where out door medical cannabis grows are allowed have way higher plant counts and storage limits , totally seperate rules for them . Canada comes to mind in certain areas as well as California .

Have a great day willing to hear more ideas and criticisms .

Edited by Croppled1

who cares...

Greenhouses, although cost saving in certain cases, WILL put people in a HUGE legal mess in this state with dry weight numbers. Until you show me your forever flowering 100k+ greenhouse that you can run a perpetual harvest in, then you are just making it worse for the rest of us by having something outside that they clearly do not want to be outside. Anyone considering a sun powered grow in michigan is crazy if you ask me.

who cares...

Greenhouses, although cost saving in certain cases, WILL put people in a HUGE legal mess in this state with dry weight numbers. Until you show me your forever flowering 100k+ greenhouse that you can run a perpetual harvest in, then you are just making it worse for the rest of us by having something outside that they clearly do not want to be outside. Anyone considering a sun powered grow in michigan is crazy if you ask me.

What I have seen that is workable is a locked secured large Garden Window on the South side of the home only accessable from the inside . Then a flower room inside . If anyone knows of a non see through glass treatment that doesn't interfere with light for growing pass the knowledge on . I am not doing this but have seen pictures online and it looks great if done right . But I never saw anyone cover the window so you couldn't see through . From 50 feet away you can't really tell what is growing other then cannabis qualifies for a thought. Toss in a couple fake sunflowers for effect .

Edited by Croppled1

An outdoor grow is very doable, we built a 24 foot by 24 foot building, completely covered( 4 sides and a roof) with chicken wire, on the outside of the chicken wire we put insulators for electric fence, ran seven strands of electric fencing around the perimeter( mainly because we have livestock and especially the cattle would have no problem breaking through the chicken wire). I am a registered caregiver and have two patients( one being my wife). Back in 2010, we were growing outside, but had no idea what was really legal( Agree with Dr. Bob, we now, finally, have guidelines), had our paperwork, when leo came for a visit( Straits Area Narcotics Enforcement a.k.a. S.A.N.E.), they confiscated our two other plants( they already took three from a flyover, we thought we got ripped off for a while until...), we asked how in the devil are we supposed to grow outdoors if we have to have a closet or other fully enclosed room. Leo told us that a four sided locked enclosure with a roof would certainly pass muster, so that is how we ended up with this building. In 2011, we grew twelve plants in the enclosure, SANE knew we had our cards by then, and I am sure they saw our grow room( from the air) and we were not hassled in the least, so we must have satisfied the requirements. To avoid the overage on processed marihuana, we let the plants hang in our grainary(for those that do not know, it is a room on the side of the barn where grain was stored) and only processed what was needed at that time, leaving the whole plants hanging until we needed more to satisfy my patients needs.The grainary has a door which was kept padlocked at all times. One thing I did notice was that the plants "cured" unbelievably well while hanging, during the curing,some decarboxylization actually occured and the trichomes seemed to be more swollen than when we first put the plants in to hang. I am so glad that we have guidelines now( yes, it still has to go through the state Senate process for finality), I will continue to grow outdoors, we grow organically, no chemical fertilizers, as with the rest of our farm( for almost thirty years), and yes we live in a very rural area, we have 80 acres and our closest neighbor is close to 1/2 mile away, so, I know this will not work for everyone, but I know it is doable for those in more remote areas!! The cat is out of the bag, and I see no way to stuff that critter back in the sack it came out of!!!

Farmer Brown

http://menards.com/main/building-materials/roofing-soffits-gutters/specialty-roofing/corrugated-greca-square-wave-50-x-8-lexan-softlite-polycarbonate/p-1733373-c-5819.htm

Lexan Softlite Corrugated Polycarbonate sheets are designed specifically for the greenhouse market. Sheets are either 50 inches or 74 inches wide and are custom cut from a 48 foot master sheet. Softlite Corrugated sheets are a specialty product for greenhouse coverings offering 100% light diffusion. Light diffusion prevents the burning of plants, eliminates shadows to promote plant uniformity, and encourages high yields. Lexan Softlite Corrugated Polycarbonate square wave sheets offer a high degree of light transmittance while blocking harmful UV rays. Light in weight, yet 10 times stronger than acrylic and 200 times stronger than glass, Softlite corrugated is the ideal option for hobby greenhouses, pool enclosures, window replacements, skylights, canopies, carports, sunrooms, and more! Softlite sheets have a Dripgard coating which ensures condensation is carried away from roofing so droplets will not fall. If more insulation is needed with 100% light diffusion, Softlite is offered in an 8mm multiwall sheet. Foam closures strips are available in 3 foot lengths. To seal and finish projects, UV protected opal and clear polycarbonate ridge cap are available in 10 foot 6 inch lengths. The clear has a 90% light transmission while opal is 52%. The durable ridge cap is used to seal the point where two upward slopes meet, most likely along the ridge of the roof. Softlite has a limited 10 year warranty. AmeriLux has a broad range of products available from polycarbonate to fiberglass to PVC and more. If there is a project to be done, AmeriLux has materials for it. For more information on the wide variety of products offered by AmeriLux, please visit www.ameriluxinternational.com.

How does one stay under the legal limit of 2.5 ounces of medicine per patient when you're harvesting 24+ plants at once?

or how does one have overages i guess if you get raided at the time of harvest you could tell the leo that they are going to the centers or the dispensaries

but wait you can't use medical marihuana in court i almost forgot that part

MARIHUANA PLANTS GROWN OUTDOORS ARE CONSIDERED TO BE IN AN ENCLOSED, LOCKED FACILITY IF THEY ARE GROWN WITHIN A STATIONARY STRUCTURE THAT IS ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:

(1) ANCHORED, ATTACHED, OR AFFIXED TO THE GROUND.

(2) LOCATED ON LAND THAT IS OWNED, LEASED, OR RENTED BY EITHER:

(A) THE REGISTERED QUALIFYING PATIENT TO WHOM THE MARIHUANA PLANTS BELONG.

(B) THE PERSON DESIGNATED THROUGH THE DEPARTMENTAL REGISTRATION PROCESS AS THE PRIMARY CAREGIVER FOR THE REGISTERED PATIENT OR PATIENTS.

(3) EQUIPPED WITH FUNCTIONING LOCKS OR OTHER SECURITY DEVICES THAT

PERMIT ACCESS ONLY BY THE REGISTERED PRIMARY CAREGIVER OR REGISTERED QUALIFYING PATIENT WHOSE PROPERTY THE STRUCTURE IS LOCATED UPON.

(4) ENCLOSED ON ALL SIDES, EXCEPT FOR THE BASE, BY CHAIN-LINK FENCING, WIRE MESH, WOODEN SLATS, OR A SIMILAR MATERIAL THAT PREVENTS ACCESS BY THE GENERAL PUBLIC.

We all need to get behind this and voice loudly that we support it.

This is the 1st thing I have seen coming out of our government that is well thought out and makes sense.

who cares...

The average patient / caregiver is not looking at spending 100k for a greenhouse. Just a cost effective way to cultivate x number of plants. As far as dry meds goes I believe that the community is well versed in staying within the limits of the law. Give us some credit for knowing what time of day it is okay???

The average patient / caregiver is not looking at spending 100k for a greenhouse. Just a cost effective way to cultivate x number of plants. As far as dry meds goes I believe that the community is well versed in staying within the limits of the law. Give us some credit for knowing what time of day it is okay???

we we were raided at 5;30pm i wonder what"s a good time for a raid ?

You could just grow fewer plants, then harvest only what will be used at that time

I grow smaller plants and cycle them with grow tents inside the greenhouse to control the flower intervals

It's fun and free!

You could just grow fewer plants, then harvest only what will be used at that time

Rotational planting: Using your example of 24 plants. One would start 5 to 6 plants when they go into veg 5 -6 more are started. When the 5 in veg are ready to start flowering

You move em into flowering and start 5-6 more. wash rinse and repeat. This will work well with a few good mother plants i.e. clone, veg, flower, clone.