Federal Authorities Indict Mason County Man On Marijuana, Firearms Charges

GRAND RAPIDS – A 23-year-old Mason County man is facing multiple federal firearms and marijuana possession charges.

10882412-large.jpgA handful of marijuana is shown in this file photo.

The U.S. Attorney's Office in Grand Rapids announced on Wednesday that Scott William Messenger was indicted by a federal grand jury in U.S. District for the Western District of Michigan.

Messenger faces five charges: Selling a firearm to an unlawful marijuana user, possession of an unregistered firearm, being an unlawful user of marijuana with more than 10 firearms and a large amount of ammunition, manufacturing marijuana and marijuana possession with intent to distribute.

If convicted, Messenger could face up to 10 years in prison with a $250,000 fine for the firearms charges and five years in prison with a $250,000 fine for the marijuana charges.

U.S. Attorney Donald A. Davis pointed out that Congress has determined that "unlawful users of controlled substances pose a risk to society if permitted to bear arms."

The charges came after an investigation conducted by the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; the State, Sheriff's, Chief's Enforcement Narcotics Team; and the Mason County Sheriff's Department.

U.S. Attorney Donald A. Davis pointed out that Congress has determined that "unlawful users of controlled substances pose a risk to society if permitted to bear arms."

We are not far off from "THEM" labeling the average citizen a risk to society for owning a gun .

GOODBYE AMERICA..... :notfair:

Who are you kidding the average citizen doesn't mix well in the governments eyes they want the country to be sheep ask no questions and willingly walk to the butcher .

You have that right, that is why we must not only vote, but help those who would help us in any other way that we can.

We are not far off from "THEM" labeling the average citizen a risk to society for owning a gun .

GOODBYE AMERICA..... :notfair:

OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!! :growl:

MM needs to be changed to a Schedule V drug.

It NEEDS to be classified for what it in true fact IS ! The true fact is , it is a beneficial herb ! Not some man made carcinogenic pharmaceutical poison that WILL cause liver damage and death with continued use . Edited by Franklin

Hello all This is Scott it happened to me and i am going thru court right now. I had my medical marijuana card and all my firearms were legal and now I am made out to be some kind of criminal when i have never been in trouble in my life. I thought i was 100% legal. I had less plants I was aloud to have, I only had a quarter ounce of smokeable product, and all my firearms were registered. Arraignement is monday at 4:00pm at 110 Michigan st. Grand rapids Michigan. Please fill the court room.

Edited by swmndct

Hello all This is Scott it happened to me and i am going thru court right now. I had my medical marijuana card and all my firearms were legal and now I am made out to be some kind of criminal when i have never been in trouble in my life. I thought i was 100% legal. I had less plants I was aloud to have, I only had a quarter ounce of smokeable product, and all my firearms were registered. Arraignement is monday at 4:00pm at 110 Michigan st. Grand rapids Michigan. Please fill the court room.

What are they charging you with? This law about firearms and marijuana is BS. I'll try to make it up there, gawd I hate that place, but I'll see if I can get a few people to go. This is Federal eh> dang guy so sorry this is happening!

Edited by restlesslegs

They got my name from someone who didn't want to stomach there own problems pretty much. They hoped on me like the gravy train even tho I was legal with everything now they are labeling me as dog bunny muffin and not letting me mention being medically legal . I am dealing with thugs and I'm scared to death to be honest guys...

I went through the system over my MM and possession of a firearm, I have a question for you..

When the police arrested you did you have marijuana plants growing in the same home as the gun?

If so, you need a good lawyer my case was possession of a firearm while committing a felony (cultivation of marijuana), 2 years minimum mandatory charge. It is still considered illegal by the courts to grow marijuana thus making it a felony

Was this case in Oakland county? Mine was in Macomb County otherwise I don't think I would be typing to you today.

If you have any questions, about what your looking at when you go to court other than what your lawyer has told you PM me I will inform you of how things were handled in my case which was dismissed at the end of a long fight.

If you were doing everything legal as the law says no hiccups in your process you can beat the charges DO TAKE A PLEA, as hard as it might be financially stick it out if you were doing as the law was written.. Again PM me for any info pertaining to my case, which sounds similar to yours.

Best of luck, hang in there

Trix

:bong2: