Mi Lawmaker Wants To Allow Marijuana Dispensaries

maxmax

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed but honestly Greg I feel like it is a losing battle when it comes to what the politicians want and what the public wants. The responses from them are not encouraging. How can we really change it. Many are fighting everyday but it does not seem to be getting us anywhere. Some are such die hards about their believes, minds are like closed traps, that they can not be swayed. Is there really enough of them with open minds to sway the vote our way? I don't want us to give up but the course we have been taking has not been working, as much we would like to think it would it simply is not enough, what can we change about how we are going about this to make a difference?

We play until the game is over, it ain't over by a long shot, and has become a game of inches. Stay loud and stay strong. I will not listen to anyone suggesting we back down in the least, just because we got our noses a little bloodied. It is not so much that we can reason with them all, but to use the voter block we have to bring them to our purview, kicking and screaming if we must.

Restorium- In my opinion, you are either just trying to cause problems because something doesn't comport to your personal image of things, or you have serious issues with comprehension, or other unidentified problems. None of what you say has a basis in fact. Until or unless you include reasoning and facts to your assertions, you are simply a liar.

"MACC bought Mike" "we 'know' he got money from cannabis interests"

Please produce the facts that support these claims or stop lying and slandering. This sort of thing crosses the line for a forum discussion, in my opinion.

So, in your opinion, Mike Callton has been writing a dispensary bill for months. While he is in the progress of this, he expresses his concern to you about him taking money from commercial marijuana interests. In the same conversation, he expresses his liking for the coal mine idea. Now is that correct? Wouldn't want to twist anything.

Restorium- In my opinion, you are either just trying to cause problems because something doesn't comport to your personal image of things, or you have serious issues with comprehension, or other unidentified problems. None of what you say has a basis in fact. Until or unless you include reasoning and facts to your assertions, you are simply a liar.

"MACC bought Mike" "we 'know' he got money from cannabis interests"

Please produce the facts that support these claims or stop lying and slandering. This sort of thing crosses the line for a forum discussion, in my opinion.

Watch that now, your ugly is showing.

I'm just paying attention. I'm asking you, not jumping to conclusions. I'm trying out conclusions to see how they fit. They fit until you say something to change how they fit.

Jamie already laid it out there in a post that some legislators liked the mine idea.

So now you have clarified your opinion that you think it was totally his idea about the campaign contributions from commercial marijuana interest. That's not the conclusion I jumped to, I'll admit that. I thought he might have had it offered rather than him just thinking about it pre emptory. But you are jumping to conclusions also in your opinion. You don't know either way, isn't that true?

This much is clear to me, Mike Carlton supports dispensaries but also voted against prop one, Jamie also supports dispensaries and supports Carlton, a republican that again did not vote yes on prop one, and is in the process to change prop one into a commercial enterprise as is Jamie. This change would benefit Jamie financially, although it is unclear wether or what he offered Carlton for his support.

Neither Jamie or Carlton support keeping medical marijuana within the patient caregiver community as is. Neither support a farmers market concept as they feel it is not safe. The overwhelming majority of cardholders however do support a farmers market concept. Jamie/Carlton want middle men in the process. They are all for testing our meds and further controlling the grows, growers, and how distribution works.

This adds costs to our medicine and put medical users even further under the governments thumb. I suspect inspections and more fees are next in this effort to control this community......shredder

There are many commercial interest groups lobbying in Lansing. Not just MACC.

I know of 4 myself. AMMA, NPRA, MACC, Prairie plant.

There is likely a couple more as well.

MACC's general proposals are the safest of all of them as far as commercial lobbying goes.

Edited by Malamute

I will be the first to admit there have instances where I have questioned Jamie's motive, but on this one I don't know how much better of a bill he could have helped make. Many of you refuse to except reality, reality is we go/they go in with idea's, they/we shoot it down, repeat, until you have a final bill to submit.

Plus something for many of you to keep in mind right now is MACC is Michigan born, not Colorado, not California, not anywhere else.

We play until the game is over, it ain't over by a long shot, and has become a game of inches. Stay loud and stay strong. I will not listen to anyone suggesting we back down in the least, just because we got our noses a little bloodied. It is not so much that we can reason with them all, but to use the voter block we have to bring them to our purview, kicking and screaming if we must.

I never would suggest backing down just wondering if there is another plan of action we might try that we haven't already? Wondering if anyone has an idea of something we might add to our "arsenal".

I never would suggest backing down just wondering if there is another plan of action we might try that we haven't already? Wondering if anyone has an idea of something we might add to our "arsenal".

It is time to cut our losses and head toward the election.

I understand Restorium's skepticism because I initially felt the same way.

When a Republican gets on board with dispensaries, it is more than a little suspicious.

I hate to be jaded, but neither politicians or dispensaries have done anything so far to gain my trust.

Hopefully the motivation behind the bill is safe access for patients, and not just access to patients paychecks,

Edited by Estimated Prophet