Dr. Bob On 9 & 10 News

I caught the last 30 seconds of the story on 9 & 10 news and heard them talking to Dr. Bob about the bills. Was that you Dr. bob? Is there any link to the interview. This is all I could find on 9 & 10s website

By Ann Marie La Flamme, Reporter/Anchor - email

There could be some changes on the way for medical marijuana cardholders. The House just passed four bills that would put stricter regulations on medicinal use of the drug.

Now, the bills are on their way to the Senate and could soon become law.

Many medical marijuana patients in rural areas, like northern Michigan, see doctors via telemedicine through skype. But one of the bills the house just passed would change that. Telemedicine, like Skype sessions, won't allowed him to certify patients for medical marijuana anymore.

It's just one of the bills The House passed Thursday putting stricter regulations on the medicinal drug.

If the bills pass through the Senate, medical marijuana cards will require a picture and for carriers to be registered through the state. That has patients worried.

Another bill involves transportation of the drug. It would require that marijuana is treated like any other Schedule 1 Controlled Substance.

The fourth bill would lower the punishment for card holders who sell marijuana from a four to a two-year felony.

All four bills still need to pass through the senate in order to become the law.

9&10's Ann Marie LaFlamme and photojournalist Joel Deaner talked with doctors and patients about the possible changes.

The last part of the story I caught I heard Dr. Bob say this could help people not get raided as much...can you explain?

I got a call about the bills that passed for comments. They wanted to talk to me and a couple of patients about the impact the bills made. What was interesting is that the interview was in Cadillac, the patients were there in the studio, and I SKYPED in from the UP. Isn't that ironic?

I didn't see the interview so I don't know what is or isn't in it. We talked for 15-20 min over all the bills. The first words out of my mouth was that I like the rest of the community opposed all the bills, but now that they are passed we did get some good things.

I covered outdoor grows being specifically allowed, the 2 year cards, the bona fide dr/pt relationship, increased access to the registry by the police. I also talked about the requirement to seat the panel to decide on new conditions, the requirement to contract the printing of the cards to have them out in 21 days as required, and some other things.

The bit you are referring to is the ability to find out if a legal patient or caregiver is at a residence before a warrant is issued for evidence of a 'grow'. If there is a legal patient, there is no crime and no warrant. No warrant for legal patients means fewer raids.

Don't get your knickers in a twist on a snippit you heard that somehow suggests I am happy about the bills, I kept the interview positive as I was talking to the non-mmj community. Hopefully I can get a copy of the interview myself, if so, I'll post it, favorable or not, and let folks have the information.

BTW, I didn't write her story or have much input other than the basic framework of where things were going from here (the senate). The bit about treating it like a schedule 1 looks like a mistake. I think she meant to say like a hand gun. I used the analogy of a hand gun when she asked me about that before the interview (how do they want it transported?). It is the same analogy that the judiciary committee used when I testified back in March.

Dr. Bob

Hopefully they will be. I think the next raid against a clearly legal patient will force the issue.

Another little land mine they didn't consider.

You raid me and I am legal patient. You scare my kids, shoot my pet, and zip tie me. I find out you HAD the ability to find out I was a legal patient, but DIDN't and raided me anyhow.

I will have your tail in court for violating my civil rights, I will end up owning your squad car and the k-9 to replace mine.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

I'm not a fan of ythe existing drug policies nor a le force that polices the populace as opposed to serving it... I find many of the people involved as leo's to be vile and hold them in contempt. Nonetheless, not all of them, esp as invidual people, are nec the enemy.

That being said... As it stands, it would be nice to be able to safely show an officer my card, to have them verify it's legitimacy, and to politely go about our respective business.

It would also be nice where if they get a tip... Say a neighbor smells an odor or a utility employee looking for a kickback... Then rather than having the storm troopers boot my neck after kicking down my door in full raid gear, that they find my registered status and politely knock on my door to discuss, or better yet, to just leave it alone.

No joke... And I'm basing this off my experiences w the boulder police dept... But they are very respectful and tolerant of medical mj. Caregivers and patients can license and register w the city... File alarm permits... Have the police work for their protection and interests. I'v seen it in action... It doesn't have to be us against them. Suprisingly, and somewhat hypocritically, they express discontent w the existing drug policy as ineffective and don't privately feel marijuana is of any concern to the welfare of the general public. They have more important, real crime to deal with.

This was hard for me to accept at first... Considering my natural bias against the leo. But it is possible to shed the old ways of good guys vs bad guys.

Could the reigistry get abuses? Could they come for us all in the middle of the night in trenchcoats? U betcha... That's historical fact.

But it doesn't have to go down that way. We need to have a grown-up conversation about the grown-up issues we have in society today. It's rediculous to harass, strip of possession, and incarcerate people for the herb.

Time to move forwards.

Btw I saw on public tv yday morning... "and the medical marijuana groups apparently supprted these bills...". Must be true... I saw it on tv... Lol.

Peace all

Hopefully they will be. I think the next raid against a clearly legal patient will force the issue.

You raid me and I am legal patient. You scare my kids, shoot my pet, and zip tie me. I find out you HAD the ability to find out I was a legal patient, but DIDN't and raided me anyhow.

I will have your tail in court for violating my civil rights, I will end up owning your squad car and the k-9 to replace mine.

Dr. Bob

PLEASEEEE tell me the lawyer you will contact that will take that case, I have been looking for over a year and a half...PM the info, or post in here but I would really love to speak with this person. I was 100% legal, found so by Macomb County court, I was justified in court by getting a notice of return of all property, plants, 9mm, all grow equip., I can't seem to post images still, but check my gallery out. 100%LEGAL.. but yet can't seem to get a civil lawyer to even return a call..

Sounds really nice and makes you feel good to think you can sue sue sue, but in all actuality its just not true... Least not in any way I have seen... I know there have been LOTS of PT's arrested but how many have you seen actually make it into a civil court room setting/hearing, I hear about ppl that will and want to but I have yet to read about any..

This post wasn't in haist to anything you said. I'm looking for answers for myself, and ones I can share with others. compatent civil lawyers that will take a case to court.. I'm ready to be seen today in front of a Judge, even 100%legal, I have yet to find one.

Trix

:bong2:

Trix... That sounds like a 30-50k+ in retainers to me... U willing to back that?

I'v personally come to realize, at the end of the day, a law firm is a business just like any other... And people are people, so...

I feel for you brother. It just isn't right. Justice can be bought however. Effed up.

When we r asked to put up for the fight... Wonder if those making the calls really, truly appreciate the fears we have... The way the world really plays out. Being on the receiving end of any police action, then going through the legal system... Man, the deck is stacked. Not anything you wish upon anyone. Easy to speak of liberty w u don't really have the fear to live with.

Wishin all of us some relief to this mess.

:money: you have it then sure you may get your foot in the door, As for myself I have none. It makes me sick how hard I and my family faught, lost my home, all my possession's. Had to put my Familes home up to pay for court costs now that I have exausted all my income to fight for the rights written in the law, and not roll over and take a plea as they threatened me with, when I knew I had done nothing wrong.. soon enough many thousands of dollars later. I win in court and I didn't take that plea as the court suggested I faught. Now what?

I cannot afford to recomp the loss I acumulated from the law unjustly arresting me..... GGGGGGRRRRR. anyways I'm just ranting and off topic here. I'll excuse myself, But look forward to hearing what Lawyer you have in mind to fight for MY/OUR rights after we get railroaded and found to be in compliance.

Trix

Glad to hear you won Trix.

Sadly the action of leo is clearly meant to continue a atmosphere of fear among medical marijuana patients and caregivers.

This is sign to me that they know their time is getting short and soon we will have legal recourse to address these types of issues.

PLEASEEEE tell me the lawyer you will contact that will take that case, I have been looking for over a year and a half...PM the info, or post in here but I would really love to speak with this person. I was 100% legal, found so by Macomb County court, I was justified in court by getting a notice of return of all property, plants, 9mm, all grow equip., I can't seem to post images still, but check my gallery out. 100%LEGAL.. but yet can't seem to get a civil lawyer to even return a call..

Sounds really nice and makes you feel good to think you can sue sue sue, but in all actuality its just not true... Least not in any way I have seen... I know there have been LOTS of PT's arrested but how many have you seen actually make it into a civil court room setting/hearing, I hear about ppl that will and want to but I have yet to read about any..

This post wasn't in haist to anything you said. I'm looking for answers for myself, and ones I can share with others. compatent civil lawyers that will take a case to court.. I'm ready to be seen today in front of a Judge, even 100%legal, I have yet to find one.

Trix

One of the big problems you face (I remember the case) is that the cops had pausable deniability.... We raided because we had NO WAY of telling in advance he was a cardholder.....blah blah blah.

That is one I think they could wiggle out of.

Couple of years ago I got charged with a crime. I was acquitted (and the board looked at it and laughed) and had a VIDEO of the cop threatening the woman with arrest and loss of her kids if she didn't know what they BOTH knew was a false statement against me. ON VIDEO. Charge based on that statement alone, no other evidence. Took it to lawyers to sue the hell out of the cop, the department, the county etc. Problem is, good case, bad federal court district (generally sides with cops). Never did get anyone willing to take the case for less than 50K because of the federal district it would have to be tried in. Tried for 3 years. Now the only thing I have is something folks who get in to smearing people something to bring up.

The difference when it comes to a case like yours, is that there is a change (or will be once it is done with the senate and gov to be accurate) in the law that gives them the ability to check. That is key- failure to perform duties, violation of civil rights under color of authority, etc.

Dr. Bob

yeah It was nice to win in court, sad to see so many having to go though it as we speak. I wish the the best, I hope to find a lawyer soon that will help me recoup our losses, but it is what it is, I live one day at a time, tomorrow could be that day I been waiting for who knows...that's life.

As for the topic of Dr Bob and any news reports I could find on there website found here http://www.9and10news.com/, was a artical written on the 4th. Doesn't mention pertical names just refers to reports from Doctors.. not sure if this is the artical in referance to the OP, http://www.9and10new...ijuana-patients

Same artical as OP, the video is referenced in later post.

Trix

Edit:removed double post same as, OP

PS... to her credit she held out with the truth for hours until they threatened her kids for the 5th time. Then she finally broke and did what the cop wanted her to do. I don't blame a mom protecting her children, I blame the cop.

One of the big problems you face (I remember the case) is that the cops had pausable deniability.... We raided because we had NO WAY of telling in advance he was a cardholder.....blah blah blah.

That is one I think they could wiggle out of.

Couple of years ago I got charged with a crime. I was acquitted (and the board looked at it and laughed) and had a VIDEO of the cop threatening the woman with arrest and loss of her kids if she didn't know what they BOTH knew was a false statement against me. ON VIDEO. Charge based on that statement alone, no other evidence. Took it to lawyers to sue the hell out of the cop, the department, the county etc. Problem is, good case, bad federal court district (generally sides with cops). Never did get anyone willing to take the case for less than 50K because of the federal district it would have to be tried in. Tried for 3 years. Now the only thing I have is something folks who get in to smearing people something to bring up.

The difference when it comes to a case like yours, is that there is a change (or will be once it is done with the senate and gov to be accurate) in the law that gives them the ability to check. That is key- failure to perform duties, violation of civil rights under color of authority, etc.

Dr. Bob

Understood, My post was out of frustration and my apologise for that. I just have heard so many times that why haven't you sued them or I would sue the pants out of them, then I read your post of owning there cars and their k-9.

I just wish I had found that lawyer that would acomplish that goal of taking on a MM case and getting justice for those that have lost everything and those that may have this issue in the future. thus I posted about when you find that guy please let all the victims out here know his number I'm sure he will appricate the business :judge:

Anywho, I'm not sure if that was the artical in referance I will check the site later to see if any updates have been made, good day hope its a pain free one!

Trix

yep thats the one that They refer you Dr. Bob in here is the link to the video

http://www.9and10new...&clipId=7167286

Hope that shows it, link is checked and safe if no video is shown. came from the same artical above and site.

Trix

Ps sorry Bob, we must have been posting at the same time I'm sorry to hear about all that mess I hate court, don't wish it upon anyone. Glad you all made it through it..regards

I'm not a fan of ythe existing drug policies nor a le force that polices the populace as opposed to serving it... I find many of the people involved as leo's to be vile and hold them in contempt. Nonetheless, not all of them, esp as invidual people, are nec the enemy.

That being said... As it stands, it would be nice to be able to safely show an officer my card, to have them verify it's legitimacy, and to politely go about our respective business.

It would also be nice where if they get a tip... Say a neighbor smells an odor or a utility employee looking for a kickback... Then rather than having the storm troopers boot my neck after kicking down my door in full raid gear, that they find my registered status and politely knock on my door to discuss, or better yet, to just leave it alone.

No joke... And I'm basing this off my experiences w the boulder police dept... But they are very respectful and tolerant of medical mj. Caregivers and patients can license and register w the city... File alarm permits... Have the police work for their protection and interests. I'v seen it in action... It doesn't have to be us against them. Suprisingly, and somewhat hypocritically, they express discontent w the existing drug policy as ineffective and don't privately feel marijuana is of any concern to the welfare of the general public. They have more important, real crime to deal with.

This was hard for me to accept at first... Considering my natural bias against the leo. But it is possible to shed the old ways of good guys vs bad guys.

Could the reigistry get abuses? Could they come for us all in the middle of the night in trenchcoats? U betcha... That's historical fact.

But it doesn't have to go down that way. We need to have a grown-up conversation about the grown-up issues we have in society today. It's rediculous to harass, strip of possession, and incarcerate people for the herb.

Time to move forwards.

Btw I saw on public tv yday morning... "and the medical marijuana groups apparently supprted these bills...". Must be true... I saw it on tv... Lol.

Peace all

sorry but they (leo) already have had that for day 1of this law it was a phone# 800 i think

sorry but they (leo) already have had that for day 1of this law it was a phone# 800 i think

yerp, They called to verify my card while they had me in cuffs, past business hours or something they would sort it out later"it' being my freedom. But they did have anumber they called to verify..

Time to move forwards.

Peace all

A realy good post!

Im hoping it does help people not get arrested ilegaly! I can only hope, like they say its free to dream, and as far as winning the lottery it only cost a few bucks to dream about being a millionaire! lol! realy I hope it helps, I do like not having to renew every yr, now we will be renewing every other yr, and Like I said in a post in another site, I didnt see any reason they would not pass this right on thru to the other side! :watching:

I never thought that it would not pass thru the house and senate after watching the judiciary committes and pt,s and alll the other groups working to make a few changes before they pushed em thru, did any one have any doubts these revisions would not get passed by the house and senate? Hell yea, most were talking it wont pass it takes a 3/4 majority! lmao!

adjust and get ready for the next fight, anything any one trys to get thru will get thru as long as they can get a lil more info on us pt's and c.g's w/o warrants!

Peace

Jim

Edited by phaquetoo

Dr. Bob

sure lol but never mind they violated ur rights b4... thats ok....its hard to watch people try to twist this law so they can get rich...makes me sick. no sorry i need a real doctor

sure lol but never mind they violated ur rights b4... thats ok....its hard to watch people try to twist this law so they can get rich...makes me sick. no sorry i need a real doctor

It amazes me you can miss the entire point of the post. If they do violate your rights you can take them to court.

I didn't support the bill, I am trying to find anything positive to patients. That was one thing I found. I find your personal attack on me, rather than the idea, does not help your position.

Dr. Bob

It amazes me you can miss the entire point of the post. If they do violate your rights you can take them to court.

I didn't support the bill, I am trying to find anything positive to patients. That was one thing I found. I find your personal attack on me, rather than the idea, does not help your position.

Dr. Bob

Actually, though a bit pointed, I pick up on it too... A certain nonchalance in the presentation of ideas.

It makes me feel that you don't grow, you don't medicate, you don't particularly appreciate the very real theat we live with on a daily basis. Sure you can intellectually understand it, but can you really say you know what it is really like... Living in very real state of fear? Just that the presentation suggests otherwise.

I'l give up an example... A way for you to help us out with a proactive defense in attempt to progress the law... One that involves you putting up to the risk... For the fight, for the cause of progression... Yet that post goes skipped, ignored, passed on by... Though a very real suggestion employed by other dr's for the cause in several other states. It comes off as you aren't really interested in putting it on the line, yet suggest to us to push and advance the law...? It's ok for us to do it right? U even asked for 'outside' the box suggestions...

Just a reasonable point of view. Take it how u wish. Peace all... Wishing us a safer future.

Are you referring to the marinol discussion? It wasn't ignored, it was explained and declined.

Are you suggesting a better course of action is to throw up my hands and express moral outrage, rather than try and point out things we got that help us and how we need to do certain things to be safe. Do you honestly believe I take no risk in this community? Do you think I take this lightly?

Again, question my arguments and concepts, not my motivation. I've never had a patient overturned by the way I design things, for patient safety. There is a good reason for everything I do. They don't please everyone, but as you question my motives, question theirs. We all have reasons we do what we do.

Dr. Bob

Are you referring to the marinol discussion? It wasn't ignored, it was explained and declined.

Are you suggesting a better course of action is to throw up my hands and express moral outrage, rather than try and point out things we got that help us and how we need to do certain things to be safe. Do you honestly believe I take no risk in this community? Do you think I take this lightly?

Again, question my arguments and concepts, not my motivation. I've never had a patient overturned by the way I design things, for patient safety. There is a good reason for everything I do. They don't please everyone, but as you question my motives, question theirs. We all have reasons we do what we do.

Dr. Bob

It's a long one... lol... even took the time to get off the phone & use a shift key... ;-)

Actually, no… wasn’t referring to the marinol discussion, but I will stop over & take a look.

And I wasn’t specifically addressing your motivations… believe that was more ganja, than myself. However, I personally have no issue with a profit motive, especially if it can net a positive result for the overall progression of the decriminalization of marijuana. Really, I am as much a pragmatist as an idealist.

There is no problem, in my book, for you to receive compensation for the time & efforts you put forth… and that even the entire endeavor to net you a positive gain. Rather, I would certainly hope the profit incentive is sufficient for you to extend the patient base in as much as is humanly possible. The net benefit to this is that more & more people can & will take umbrage under the protections of the medical marijuana laws. The net benefit is that fewer people may be harassed & jailed for such an insignificant private act as consuming marijuana. To that end, I truly wish the very best unto your business enterprise.

Actions can’t really be separated from the motives, so you will always have to deal with people judging you. But I have no right to believe that you don’t help a lot of people out along the way… and that this would be even considered admirable. I would especially feel this way if you are reaching out to the truly ill, the indigent, those that need the assistance. But either way, your willingness to openly help people with such a sticky subject as medical marijuana, regardless of the motivation, nets a positive result to society at large, let alone the individual circumstances of each person/patient. So, it’s my personal belief that thanks is owed.

Thank you dear sir… in all sincerity.

What I was pointing at was the lack of appreciation a person of your position can have for the everyday circumstances of the grower/patient… as you are not one. My criticism of this is because the suggestions you forward have no impact or threat to your own personal wellbeing… as it clearly does to us that are registered and practicing within the medical laws. It clearly comes out when you post. That’s what I was looking for in acknowledgement.

What struck me was the fact that you can offer suggestions for us to ‘work the law’, yet when turned upon you… it was ducked. Specifically, I was referring to the suggestions you asked for when looking to get around the laws… of having the patient-doctor relationship taken seriously. You even acknowledge that having multiple face-to-face visits helps strengthen that position… and legitimizes the recommendation in court.

Acknowledging the importance of this, since we are talking about a medical recommendation for the use of drug… what role does the legislature have in making specific recommendations for the dosage & use of this drug? In a world where the doctor-patient relationship should be taken seriously…? Lawmakers have no business in that private, medical relationship… they have no place to make those impositions.

It is going to be your job, newly outlined in the changes to the law, to add follow-up, where you can monitor & adjust recommendations based upon the patient’s response to treatment. Correct? This is intended to make sure the relationship/recommendation is taken seriously… that it legitimizes it.

In that spirit… shouldn’t the doctor be the professional making dosage & use suggestions? It sure shouldn’t be a legislator that has never met the patient, right?

The suggestion was that you start writing medible & plant recommendations, in addition to the general use. Between you & the patient, a use recommendation should be written, based upon the specific circumstances of that person. What if they do not like/cannot tolerate smoking as a means of dosing? What if they prefer or would benefit from medibles?

Extracting for oil, hash, tincture, or medibles, requires a great deal more marijuana, than just smoking. And perhaps, a much higher plant count or personal holding amount. It might just take much more than 12 plants per cycle & 2.5oz total end usable weight… in fact, it does… even for just smoking. And who would be best to understand & guide the patient in this? The 2.5 holding amount isn’t even practical for a 3month period of treatment.

Other doctors are using this understanding & method of calculation in order to write recommendations for higher use & holding amounts. What about starting this practice, a much more reasonable one when considering the legislator’s desire to have the doctor-patient relations be legitimate…?

This is what went entirely passed… in a thread where you offered up some ways for us to work the law… and also asked for us to offer up outside the box ideas. Ignoring it entirely… makes it seem you just dismissed it entirely… devoid of merit. Makes one wonder why. Perhaps because it places additional burden & risk upon you… no doubt about it.

Yet, suggestions for us to work the law, outside of the box style… well that comes easy. This is what I was calling into question. So, I suppose motivation is a component… but I already understand that. Rather, it was a question regarding your unwillingness to address ideas, again, not your motivation for such.

I do thank you for taking the risk, as it is. But you really already have support within the medical community where your license to practice isn’t in terrible risk. You have legal protections that are taken seriously by the legal & medical communities. We however, do not have that luxury. There is a difference in appreciation for the precarious position we patients/caregivers find ourselves in. I personally feel you take that lightly.

If you want to help, in addition to how you are already are… how about progressing the cause? How about working through this idea with legal counsel? How about not just dismissing us?

I'll be happy to review that at length, but one thing that really jumps out is that you seem to be suggesting coming up with specific dosages. You simply can't do that with a schedule 1, you can't make it a 'prescription' like other meds. The best you can really do is offer guidelines and suggestions, then defend each situation as it arises as 'reasonable or not reasonable'. I'll take some time and review to give you a better answer.

By the way, the new bills don't change my practice at all. I've offered free follow up for quite some time, specifically at the time the card arrives, to see how you are doing and ANY other time you had questions or concerns. The only change I see is that I won't be able to do telemed (that was a small percentage anyhow).

But I'll go through it and give you a better answer in a few, good question though.

Dr. Bob