Dr. Bob On 9 & 10 News

We have to protect physicians with just as much zeal as patients and caregivers. Each has a critical role in the program.

We must work together to help everyone stay within the law and satisfy some of the ignorant requirements of the Medical Marijuana Program.

Patients need to take responsibility. Physicians need to take responsibility. Caregivers need to take responsibility. And most importantly, the organizations associated with the MMP need to take extreme care to make sure they are supporting messages and education that adhere strictly to the Law and in a manner that will keep the most people out of trouble.

Creating better clinics and helping physicians to adhere to the new requirements is the responsibility of everyone. Educating Patients to adhere conservatively to the unfortunately strict interpretations of our law. Training and educating more Caregivers to succesfully produce medicine and better facillitate relationships with Patients.

We have to make it work.

So, make it work.

I agree Mal, we are working together on this board and sharing good information.

My apologies to the board. Mayorherb Veenstra is a very angry person who has been waging a one man vendetta against me and my practice since at least last September. There was even a supporting forum topic in here called 'Why is mayor angry with Dr. Bob' started by BB back in October after I was banned from posting here. It is still a very sore subject with me, as the personal attacks, false light defamation, accusations etc have been posted all over the internet by Mayorherb. As you see, the sniping is coming here with references to 'look up your doctor, you would be surprised what you find' and such.

The story is basic. During a brief phone conversation last September, when Mayorherb called me just as we were starting a clinic in Saginaw to ask me a question about some of the new bills being discussed in the House, I mentioned that one thing under consideration was a bill specifically authorizing caregiver to caregiver transfers. He asked about patient to patient and I replied that, at the time, it really only covered caregiver to caregiver, p2p wasn't mentioned. Then I said we'd chat later as I needed to start the clinic.

Little did I know that, in his mind, that somehow morphed into me not supporting P2P. That morphed, again in his mind, to I was trying to undermine the act by 'trading P2P for CG2CG and increasing the number of patients per caregiver, which morphed into I hated medical marijuana patients, which morphed to I was working with Bill Schuette, which morphed to I was working FOR Bill Schuette, and then it got REALLY ugly. Meanwhile I was seeing patients in Saginaw, blissfully oblivious to all this morphing, and doing my part to try to educate and work with organizations to protect the Act.

My next contact with him was at a Clare Compassion Club Meeting, where I spoke and donated some funds to one of their members that ran afoul of a charge in Texas. Next thing I know he is posting some crap about an old charge, making it look as if I had just been arrested. My staff, patients, and other compassion clubs thought I had just been arrested. Many in here like Tarzan and QTipper looked into it, found out it was years old and that I was fully acquitted, and publicly repremanded Mayor for using those sorts of tactics because he felt I didn't agree with him on some aspect of transfer. BB got involved, backed his buddy Mayor, and I was banned, which lead to literally months of Dr. Bob bashing in here.

I even took him to court and the judge repremanded him, telling him he should be 'ashamed of himself for even bringing this up as it had NOTHING to do with medical marijuana, medicine, or political disagreement' or words to that effect. But in his little brain that morphed again to the judge calling me 'unprofessional' and he was just peachy. Despite being told to stop, he has continued to put this personal matter all over the internet to attack me, and it is clear he is attempting to do so again here. Not his reference to 'check out your doctor, you would be surprised what you find'.

Well it stops here. I have more important things to do than deal with you and your personal attacks. My work stands on its own. And I will not tolerate personal attacks on me, my family, or my practice by semiliterate hate mongers like Mayor simply because they disagree with something I recommended. Your buddy isn't here to ban me into silence and let you go to town with your slander and defamation.

Now I am sorry to bring this up. It is an old, open wound, but the only way to deal with an organized defamation campaign is to call it out, and show what it is. This is not the time to be doing something like this Mayorherb, we need to come together. Your ideas are outdated and poorly formed, but debating them is one thing, going off on a personal vendetta bringing my family and practice into it is quite another.

Dr. Bob

Some of the issues discussed here are in other current threads. I've just had enough and am finishing it here. If you are interested in seeing the others, go look and see where Mayor has been posting. Then have a look at current posts in facebook and elsewhere. This is coming to a head here and now. And it ends here and now Mayor.

Edited by Dr. Bob

Well I think we can say Dr. Bob has cleared the air about his past and This has been a very public feud. Mayor we will not let you start up or continue this feud here. Please keep it off our forums and do not directly post to Dr. Bob and he will do the same, agreed.