Using Medical Marihuana While Pregnant

Times are changing Mezz.

This was just a few years ago and I guarantee it hasn't changed much. Not at U-M. That is not how they do it. The medical profession is by and large a training ground for legal drug pushers. They study the helll out of molecular pathways and all that kind of micro-level biology so they have a theoretical understanding of how drugs work. This is because the mainstay of most of the GP's will be prescribing drugs, most of which are harmful in a number of ways.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and your fellow stalkers need to get your information right.

After you do research on the topic, then come back and tell me I'm wrong.

Simply having a degree does not make someone correct about every detail.

And not having one does not eliminate the possibility that I've read a few studies ON THE TOPIC.

I'm insulted that folks would attempt to pull that here.

I'm not here to debate this with you.I have actually spent time in the neonatal intensive care unit, I have seen things that would break your heart t..and I know a lot on the topic to. I've been studying cannabis for 3 years..my husband has a degree not only in medicine but in biochemistry and has studied cannabis even before this law was in place. Do you think based on any of that we would come on here and say ..well based on this study..or what i read, or even better how about what I know. No we would NOT..pb we are talking about pregnancy..a developing baby..NO MEDICATION UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECCASARY SHOULD BE USED DURING PREGNANCY.

Medicine is multi-faceted so I will agree having a degree does not make you an expert on everything. I also know you know a lot about cannabis..and who can make better simpson oil?? Your a great guy, passionate and caring.. personally I like you but lately you have been carrying on and on..with inaccurate information in many threads. I have asked you twice now,so I am sure you will only be posting accurate information going forward. As far as this topic I think the question has been answered. So pb let's move on!

This was just a few years ago and I guarantee it hasn't changed much. Not at U-M. That is not how they do it. The medical profession is by and large a training ground for legal drug pushers. They study the helll out of molecular pathways and all that kind of micro-level biology so they have a theoretical understanding of how drugs work. This is because the mainstay of most of the GP's will be prescribing drugs, most of which are harmful in a number of ways.

Is that why the average mortality rate has dropped 60% in 75 years? Give me a break. Yeah that's it, all of the med schools must be run by big pharma and they're killing us all, right? Another conspiracy theory...

What, may I ask, did you do for work at a med school that is giving you the exclusive inside scoop anyway?

You and your fellow stalkers need to get your information right.

After you do research on the topic, then come back and tell me I'm wrong.

Simply having a degree does not make someone correct about every detail.

And not having one does not eliminate the possibility that I've read a few studies ON THE TOPIC.

I'm insulted that folks would attempt to pull that here.

pb, what a joke. You rest your conclusion on one study that is not applicable here. And then you pull your, "well it's the only evidence out there" line. Why don't you stop misrepresenting what people are saying? No one said mj hurts the fetus. They said we don't know. Then you want to argue that people are saying that we do know. You do that a lot. You make these declaratory statements like you KNOW certain things when, in fact, you don't know, and basically you googled something and with your narrow knowledge based on the great and powerful google you draw your all-knowing conclusions. You aren't qualified to tell people whether mj hurts a fetus just like you weren't qualified to tell everyone to get a marinol script. Reminds me a lot of the former admin on this site telling everyone he was going to bring a 42 USC 1983 action against the legislators if they passed a law that changed the mma. Head firmly planted, well, somewhere...

Is that why the average mortality rate has dropped 60% in 75 years? Give me a break. Yeah that's it, all of the med schools must be run by big pharma and they're killing us all, right? Another conspiracy theory...

What, may I ask, did you do for work at a med school that is giving you the exclusive inside scoop anyway?

I provided tech support for classes at the school and for doctors at the hospital. I was privy to thousands of hours of lectures. It's no secret that doctors are trained to solve problems with drugs. Are you seriously disputing that?

Wow, what a profound post, so well researched and on point. I never really considered giving medical care to be on the level of the priesthood or related to child molestation. Thanks for opening my eyes Tim.

Dr. Bob

You mean this comment? I think I was being kind yet relating my contempt for this type of reasoning. As for PB, you don't need any effort from me to discredit some of your theories.

What was Joe's website again? I bet there are all sorts of folks, all 3 of them, over there that would be facinated with your theories. Say Hi to Joe for me. Hope he is enjoying retirement.

I think this thread is about done, going off in random directions. Cya in the funny papers I'm heading in a different direction now.

Dr. Bob

Edited by Dr. Bob

I provided tech support for classes at the school and for doctors at the hospital. I was privy to thousands of hours of lectures. It's no secret that doctors are trained to solve problems with drugs. Are you seriously disputing that?

Actually doctors are trained to treat disease with reasoning and a firm grounding in physiology and biochemistry with a little psychiatry and carpentry tossed in for laughs. As a DO I was taught to use mechanics and structure to set the body up to heal as well.

What you neglect to take into account in your memory of the lectures is the countless hours of study that proceeds and follows the lecture, and the fact that med students are selected from very strong academic backgrounds, have the reasoning skills and curiosity to follow up on what they hear from their elders and make up their own minds. You also fail to take into account pharmacology classes are all about pharmacology, anatomy classes are just about anatomy, and med legal classes are just about med legal. Guess it breaks down to which one you ran the projector for rather than the big picture of the total experience, including bedside teaching.

Apparently you seemed to have overlooked my comment on invasive procedures and drugs being poisons. Perhaps you might like to head back and read that again before you decide, based on rather limited experience in a small portion of the medical education (and without the pre-med school training that selected medical students from the entire college population), that all doctors have a knee jerk reaction to write a script for everything.

But really, why are we hashing this out? What is the point. Folks with the background have spoken their minds and my original comment to the original question remains the same. Only essential meds in pregnancy. Do with your body and your unborn child what you want, I just try and give the best advice I can.

Dr. Bob